Have you lost friends over political difference?

☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!! 2012/07/03 04:55:02
Related Topics: Political
Yes, I have!
No, I have not!
I know I have..What is bad we agree on more things then we disagree with..Anyway, at times it bothers me and other times I think they were not friends in the first place..Anyway I dedicate this song to all who have backed and supported me..

• mustangluver 2012/07/03 05:17:50
    Yes, I have!
    mustangluver
    +10
    It is so bizarre. I had friends with whom i shared a hatred of the present asswipe in chief and then when i expressed my opinions on Ron Paul, they totally freaked out on me..LOL

• WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/06 00:54:10
    No, I have not!
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Real friends stay friends.
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/07/05 19:15:20
    No, I have not!
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +2
    Nope. We agree to disagree when applicable.
  • vdehl 2012/07/05 07:36:25
    vdehl
    +1
    All the friends I ever had were turned to enemies the same as my family. I don't care. They all thought it was better to get something. For what I got out of all of them...I prefer to be more of a Blanche DuBuois. The kindness of strangers is preferable to their constant ass kissing of the despotic.
  • Dandydon 2012/07/05 01:05:13
    No, I have not!
    Dandydon
    +1
    Or if i did,i don't know about it..

Seriously,when you get down to the actual facts of the matter,all this arguing with each other isn't going to change anything.
    If anything,it's helping the real problem get their job done easier.

People are going to vote the way they're going to vote,arguing with somebody isn't going to change that...
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/07/05 00:58:38
    No, I have not!
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    I don't think I've lost any true friends, only people who pretended to be my friends. I did lose two women that I went to high school with, both raving liberals. One is a college professor who was spouting garbage on FB during the Wisconsin debates so I made a comment to her. We went back and forth respectfully and I didn't really think much about it until I went back a month or so later to make sure she was alright after the Alabama storms. Much to my surprise I was still her friend but I couldn't comment on her page! She didn't unfriend me, she censored me! So, I unfriended her. I also unfriended the other one on FB after she posted this nasty post about people who post political stuff that she doesn't believe in...hmmm, should I unfriend? Well, she never talked to me in high school so why did she send me a friend request anyway? I did her a favor and unfriended her.

I have a greater divide with people at work that I don't agree with. I dropped out of the union and it was ugly for a while. I will say that I have a few converts at work who were very liberal and now they see the light!
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/07/04 09:47:15
    Yes, I have!
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I have a lifelong friend that always seemed to be what I call a "FENCE-POST SITTER"! He never seems to take a total stand on anything, just kind of "floats" the way of the side that wins or is winning! When all these years I thought he was conservative, I found out he was something else and his kids have turned out to be rotten liberal turds that have little moral fiber! It's become a point of contention with us and we just don't hang out anymore! I figure if he's not with me, he's against me and I'd rather not have him around being a distraction or influence to my family! My mom always told me "Tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are!" and that has had an impact on me for most of my life, not going to change what's right in my life to keep a false friend around!
  • Mr. Stark 2012/07/04 08:16:39
    Yes, I have!
    Mr. Stark
    +1
    Yes, of course. But, not everyone's a fool and can't handle differences of opinion.
  • ben 2012/07/04 07:59:43
    No, I have not!
    ben
    +1
    we can talk about anything...but there are some subjects we never even consider having a discussion about...and you guessed it..this is one of them :-))
  • Child of light 2012/07/04 01:52:07
    No, I have not!
    Child of light
    +1
    I've had many political debates with my friends on Facebook, and in face-to-face. However, the day after the debate is ended, we both just forget about it, and don't let it get into our social lives. So, I can say that, to my knowledge, I have not lost any friends to any difference in beliefs, whether they be political, religious, or whatnot.
  • Catitude 2012/07/04 00:06:38
  • 4dc 2012/07/03 23:46:58
    No, I have not!
    4dc
    a real friend can put those differences, and most others, aside
  • texasred 2012/07/03 23:10:50
    Yes, I have!
    texasred
    +2
    For over a year one of my closest friends for over 20 years and I barely spoke because her husband is such an Obama lover and would always start fights. He finally realized that she and I really missed each other and agreed not to talk about politics.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/07/03 22:23:47
  • mary kay applegate 2012/07/03 19:53:29
    Yes, I have!
    mary kay applegate
    +5
    My husband and I have just lost friends of almost 40 years over a stupid facebook post I posted about welfare recipients and drug testing. They called this BS. When I questioned the reason they thought it was BS, I was told they were tired of our conservative, bigoted, right wing ideas and no longer wanted to associate with those kind of people. I now think liberalism can truly be a mental disease. Talk about intolerance! They won't even accept an apology. They are such hard core liberals they love their self righteous views more than friends. Is this over the top or what?
  • Captain-Morgan 2012/07/03 18:06:43
    Yes, I have!
    Captain-Morgan
    +2
    I would never end a friendship over political defference.. But have had it happen to me.. Their loss, not mine...
  • nverumind 2012/07/03 15:58:01
    No, I have not!
    nverumind
    +2
    No im quite lucky, i have one freind in particular that is a liberal, and obama fan.
    We can talk about the topic call eachother names and once the discussion is over move on. I Pitty her more than anything.
  • Rebel Yell 2012/07/03 15:42:31
    No, I have not!
    Rebel Yell
    +1
    My friends and family are mostly moderate conservatives. They're aren't hard far righties. I am center left so we get along. I think it's wise to never discuss politics or religion with those you care about.
  • Plantgypc 2012/07/03 15:10:14
    No, I have not!
    Plantgypc
    +2
    Friends agree to disagree.
  • dave b 2012/07/03 15:07:13
    No, I have not!
    dave b
    +3
    Amazingly enough, my friends all seem to be Conservative. I know a couple of Libs, but we have little in common.
  • tff~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/03 14:59:46
    Yes, I have!
    tff~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    A couple this morning. They are so simple that they believe the swill the left-wing media pours out on the masses.They should be castrated for fraud.
  • Dwight PWCM 2012/07/03 14:09:49
    Yes, I have!
    Dwight PWCM
    +3
    But not many, and not very good ones.
  • Yosyp 2012/07/03 13:16:45
    No, I have not!
    Yosyp
    +2
    I try to avoid talking politics to friends and family,but if the subject does come up we usually agree to disagree
  • mac9 2012/07/03 13:13:35
    mac9
    +1
    I try not to associate with judgement impaired liberals. That way I have no losses.
  • rocat 2012/07/03 13:03:34
    Yes, I have!
    rocat
    +2
    things change...
    people change-

or perhaps...
    we just begin to see different things...
    in one another-

things...
    we did not know...
    were there before-
  • Wyzard 2012/07/03 12:38:55
    No, I have not!
    Wyzard
    +2
    my friends are smart, they would never vote for odumbo
  • ~Adrien~ 2012/07/03 12:21:40
    No, I have not!
    ~Adrien~
    +1
    Just because we don't agreehave on politics doesn't mean we don't agree in other areas, otherwise we wouldn't have become friends in the first place. . .
  • FELINE GESTURES IN THE DARK 2012/07/03 11:54:27
    No, I have not!
    FELINE GESTURES IN THE DARK
    I have no friend with the same idea as mine :)) But it has not been a problem , everybody sits another corner with bad face for some time & we go out & enjoy the rest of the day :))
  • apachehellfire65 2012/07/03 11:14:44
    No, I have not!
    apachehellfire65
    +4
    my friends who are liberals. avoid politics as a rule. and my own brother is a progressive liberal. but at least he is starting to open his eyes.
  • Kat 2012/07/03 10:28:50
    Kat
    +1
    I'm close to losing one, her choice.
  • burningsnowman 2012/07/03 10:01:56 (edited)
    No, I have not!
    burningsnowman
    +1
    No and believe me, I know people with a very diverse range of opinions. And I don't mean just "liberal or conservative" or "D or R." I know people across the far left and far right or who don't identify as on any sort of spectrum at all. The one thing most of them tend to have in common is that they don't believe in the 2 party system with a few exceptions.
  • 9th of 9 2012/07/03 10:01:04
    No, I have not!
    9th of 9
    +1
    I would never give up on my family (the true friends) over political differences. Aside from my family, I have only two people I would consider friends. They are life long and loved unconditionally.
  • Man_Bear_Pig 2012/07/03 09:01:32
    No, I have not!
    Man_Bear_Pig
    +1
    Friends? I joined sodahead because I HAVE NO FRIENDS!!! lol
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/07/03 08:56:49
    Yes, I have!
    RicardoCabeza
    Many years ago I had a friend in the East German Stassi.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2012/07/03 07:47:09 (edited)
    Yes, I have!
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +3
    And my brother...he turned radical lefty thanks to his radical wife. They just were at the White House. She's a principle teaching progressive ideas at their school.

The song though....is a friend of mine. I've known Michael for over 10 years and have produced a few concerts for him here and been with them in Nashville many many times.
  • ☆The Ro... Hula gi... 2012/07/03 07:50:55
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +2
    Love that song..Really love his music, Hula!
  • Hula gi... ☆The Ro... 2012/07/03 08:04:59
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +2
    He's just as loving and sweet in person too Rock. Heart of Gold.
  • ☆The Ro... Hula gi... 2012/07/03 08:06:43
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    I going to do a blog here in a few minutes using this song, Hula!

• Hula gi... ☆The Ro... 2012/07/03 08:10:24
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    Some of my most fond memories are him leading our worship services at the Gospel Music Week each night where we were all praising God. Afterwards then the bands would break up and go to different hotels, Michael would go to a smaller cozy lounge and we'd sit on the floor around the room with lights down low and he would just play and sing and we'd bask in the joy of the Lord.
  • ☆The Ro... Hula gi... 2012/07/03 08:07:34 (edited)
    ☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!!
    +1
    Love this song as well Hula!
  • Franklin 2012/07/03 07:27:22
    No, I have not!
    Franklin
    +2
    Liberals bitch about how wrong I am but they always have to come back when they need a favor or to barrow more money they will never pay back ...liberals can't afford morals. LOL

2014/10/20 09:55:21