Have you heard that the OWS Mayday relaunch was an epic FAIL?

Tasine 2012/05/02 14:18:13
FTA

Violence
in several cities, promised tens of thousands who would take to the
streets and revitalize the OWS movement not in evidence anywhere, a
general stike that was a joke from the beginning and that 99.9% of the
99% ignored, and a liberal press that barely noted the events.

What does that sound like to you? The New York Post pegs it correctly: OWS is "now in the 16th minute of its 15 minutes of fame":

Which is to say, no one cares anymore - assuming anyone ever did.

OK,
some did: Besides the usual suspects - anarchists, anti-capitalists
and misfits - the "movement" had lots of support in the mainstream
media.

Attempts to picket and disrupt local corporate headquarters essentially fizzled.

The
closest thing to an actual disruption that was evident was a few bags
of initially suspicious white powder - corn starch, it turned out -
mailed to several banks. It all made for good video, but little else.

Fact is, the vast majority of New Yorkers - the real
99 percent, in other words - spent their day doing precisely what OWS
had promised, and failed, to stop them from doing: They went to work and
school.

Which is as good a response to May Day as we can think of.

On
the count of three, everyone point their finger at the left and laugh.
And then thank them for giving us a front row seat to see the end of
Occupy Wall Street.

Read More: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/05/occupy...

• johnc 2012/05/03 00:34:30
    johnc
    +1
    what I did notice was uniforms, Where have we seen that before, watch the rise of the thrid riech, it is on PBS

then they were brown coats.

NOBABAM 2012
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/05/02 23:52:55
    TruBluTopaz
    +1
    Just an FYI and this could be a hoax, but at my school today and across the district we had a popup show up claiming to be Anonymous using their characteristic "we are legion" meme and threatening that we would lose data if we didn't sign off now. This hit district wide. Now I don't know why Anonymous would target a school district, so I think they may have targeted our cable provider instead with their goal being to disrupt. Anonymous has previously shown sympathy with groups like Wikileaks and OWS so it's not out of line to think they would try to foment some chaos. As for the physical manifestation of OWS in Dallas-it consisted of twelve lackluster protesters with homemade signs in front of a building. Kind of pathetic.
  • johnc TruBluT... 2012/05/03 00:36:56 (edited)
    johnc
    +2
    Notice they're wear uniforms now? will the black panther "Poll watchers" also wear uniforms?

the rise of the third riech, this has been tried before, then it worked, didn't go well, say NOBAMA
  • MadAsHEck 2012/05/02 17:32:32
    MadAsHEck
    +1
    Thousands of dollars of damage here in Seattle to Store windows, cars etc.

And the police being condemed of course for trying to stop it with Pepper Spray and arrests.
  • Flamdingo 2012/05/02 15:06:59
    Flamdingo
    +5
    It was obvious that it would fail before it even started, come on their Liberals you can't expect them to show up unless your'e paying them.
  • Tasine Flamdingo 2012/05/02 15:09:22
  • None 2012/05/02 14:50:46
    None
    +3
    The first couple days of protest against banks, corp. welfare, and bailouts was something I supported in spirit.
    Turns out the majority were just lib moochers wanting a free ride on the backs of the producers.In their ignorance they will still vote obama,

Now...the movement is the hardcore anarchists....so anyone with a 1/2 of a brain has gone home.
  • Tasine None 2012/05/02 15:01:52
    Tasine
    +3
    I agree with your comments. I do hate to see "anarchist" used to describe hoodlums, as the term "anarchist" merely means "no ruler", a concept I love. I don't believe that solid people NEED a "ruler". I believe there is such a thing as peaceful anarchy. Anarchy is what brought us America - then we screwed it up and formed a "government" which has all but destroyed our nation.
  • None Tasine 2012/05/02 15:14:44
    None
    +2
    I like your definition...but there is also one definition that advocates overthrow thru violent means.
  • John James 2012/05/02 14:48:03 (edited)
    John James
    +4
    OWS has been a failure from the get go
  • rightside 2012/05/02 14:43:07
    rightside
    +3
    Not surprised. They were an epic fail last time just because they showed their utmost ignorance and disrespect to other Americans.
    They showed their jealousy of people that worked hard to earn their money and they showed their laziness, but sitting on their butts for months and complaining they didn't have work.
  • Mr Wayne 2012/05/02 14:29:59
    Mr Wayne
    +2
    No. I just assumed it would be.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/05/02 14:27:56
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +5
    Not a surprise. But give it time. The OWS movement is being led stealthily by Van Jones who has more than a few tricks up his sleeve to grow the participation rate. Toss in certain elements of the New Black Panthers and other sundry hate groups, and hot humid summertime weather, we are all looking at a powder keg in big cities across the Nation. That's IMHO.
  • Tasine CUDDLY ... 2012/05/02 14:32:18
    Tasine
    +5
    Good reason to avoid cities. I should say ANOTHER good reason to avoid cities.
  • MandaLynne 2012/05/02 14:24:49
    MandaLynne
    +7
    Of course it was - not surprised in the least.

surprised
  • Tasine MandaLynne 2012/05/02 14:27:40
    Tasine
    +4
    GREAT GRAPHIC!! Actually I wasn't surprised either. It wasn't a committed group. It was a bought and paid for group, and it bombed.

2014/04/20 03:32:17