Have you heard, 2016 film maker Dinesh D'souza called 9/11 terrorist "Brave" and said they were "Not Cowards"?

Geenie Nabottle 2012/09/02 07:30:29
If your answer was, no then you haven't heard the half of what he has been spending his time talking about when not bashing President Obama.

Conservatives, Tea Partiers, Tea'vangelicals and GOP'ers have been fawning and gushing all over '2016: Obama's America' conservative filmmaker D'souza as of late. But do they really know who they are supporting with millions of their hard earned dollars?

The anti-Obama film maker appherently has a long history of being known as what some conservatives have coined as an 'Islamopologist'. If you don't happen to speak conservative, what this means is that he believes that America deserved to be attacked on 9/11 and that Islam has the right to hate America for its decadence.

D'souza was quoted after 9-11 as saying,
"One of the themes that we hear constantly, is that the people who did this [the 9/11 terrorists] are cowards, NOT TRUE! Look at what they did. You have a bunch of guys willing to give their lives. None of them backed out. All of them slammed themselves into pieces of concrete, these are BRAVE WARRIORS!"

And boys and girls the fun doesn't stop there. Appherently D'souza has written an entire book where he double downs on how America deserved the 9/11 attacks, called "The Enemy at Home".

I wonder if conservatives will be clamoring for him to turn that book into a movie also?!?

Conservatives cannot be this easily fooled, that they will put someone on a pedastal who says thousands of Americans deserved to die at the hands "Brave Warrior" terrorists.

This is the very definition of cutting off ones nose to spite their face. To steal his movies tag line; love him or hate him CONSERVATIVES DON'T KNOW JACK about Dinesh D'Souza!

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/53513/2016-maker-dinesh-dsouza...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/2016-obamas-america-doc...

• Idiot repubs 2012/09/02 12:36:17
    This is bad, REALLY BAD!
    Idiot repubs
    +15
    D'ouche D'souza is an american hating bastard, trying to make a buck off of uneducated redneck rubes.

• Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/09/06 15:09:43
    This is bad, REALLY BAD!
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +2
    I think D'souza has confused brave with brainwashed. As far as the film goes, he nails Obama The Dicktator, but good.
  • MEGAN Aqua Su... 2012/09/30 21:03:41
    MEGAN
    +2
    I am sorry, I accidentally RAVED your comment! If Obama is a dictator, than I must like getting" dicked", and not in a GOOD way. I love hearing from you Obama haters, and your funny comments. I am so glad that I am not you, as I am sure you are glad you are not me. Let me guess, where do you live? Hmmm... Texas? Missouri? Mississippi? Maybe Idaho? If you think Obama's bad, and you vote for Mitt the Twit Romney, you deserve every tax increase he imposes on you, and every human right and religious freedom he takes away from you. Let's hope you never need a hand up, or want to express an opinion that doen't jibe with that freakish cult called Mormanism (which is bat-sh*t crazy-scary) or are ever in need of anything. If you do, and you make less than $250K a year, you're only screwing yourself. I am awaiting the debates with (de)bated breath, because that is where Obama will make Rob-me look like the complete and utter ASS that he is. How many times can one man lie and/or flip flop, before you sit up and take notice? I guess a LOT, because you're still going to vote for HIM just to BEAT Obama. Thank goodness he doesn't have a snowballs' chance in hell of winning! If he wins, he and his dirtbag supporters cheated. Period.
  • boltfox20 2012/09/06 13:58:39
    This is bad, REALLY BAD!
    boltfox20
    +1
    I of course am referring to this poll.

First off, him saying they are not cowards does nothing to say he is anti-American. As such, it should not, in any way, be the focus.

Secondly, they weren't cowards. As this guy said, they were very brave to be able to keep that plane pointed right at its target. Very stupid, very hurtful, but very brave.

Did America deserve the attack, of course not. No one deserves to be killed, for any reason. I'm just saying your focus is off if you want to seriously prove this guy is anti-American.

As for the conservatives, we all know they are idiots, at least the ones in the news are. Paul Ryan actually said that "real" rape doesn't make you pregnant. =\
  • Geenie ... boltfox20 2012/09/06 22:51:53 (edited)
    Geenie Nabottle
    Well if he didn't have anti-American views, then he probably shouldn't have written a book and a bunch of opinion pieces where he states and defends his opinion that Americans and their decadence are responsible for forcing individual Islamic extremists to attack America....
    http://www.debbieschlussel.co...
  • boltfox20 Geenie ... 2012/09/06 23:03:19 (edited)
    boltfox20
    I didn't say he wasn't anti-American or didn't have anti-American views. I am not qualified to make that distinction.
  • MEGAN boltfox20 2012/09/30 20:48:39
    MEGAN
    +4
    In my opinion, the men that rammed those planes into the Twin Towers, killing innocent, hard-working people, were NOT brave, they were brainwashed. They WERE cowards. They did not have to serve their time for their crime, or even get to revel in their glory. The FACTS are, these young men came from extremely wealthy Saudi families, and were no more than spoiled, little rich boys causing havoc in the world. I hope the 99 virgins in their Heaven are AIDS ridden, abusive pedophiles who like young brown boys, and oh, that they are male. You don't see women doing all of the evil things that men do. Most of us are a bit more evolved than that. If non-religious woman ran this world, we'd have no war, the poor would be cared for, and our economies would thrive. We would spend money on health care, not nuclear warheads, infrastructure, not political campaigns, and last, but NOT least, we would settle disputes, that may arise, with words instead of violence. It's too bad that it's still a man's world. Take a look around. Men have fuc*ed up this world. And NO I am not a lesbian, not that there is anything wrong with that. Live and let live, I say, and those that can't, be part of the solutuin: start with killing yourselves, NOT innocent people that never did anything to you.
  • boltfox20 MEGAN 2012/09/30 21:08:34
    boltfox20
    Wow... that was a lot of unnecessary text. ^_^;

[In my opinion, the men that rammed those planes into the Twin Towers, killing innocent, hard-working people, were NOT brave, they were brainwashed. They WERE cowards.]

Being brainwashed makes them gullible and stupid, but it can also make them brave, giving them a cause. Again, I'm not apologizing for them, but bravery was involved in what they did. Also greed, ignorance, stupidity, insanity, and many other related things.

Also, I thought it was 72 virgins. Where did you hear 99? =\
  • MEGAN boltfox20 2012/09/30 21:30:06
    MEGAN
    I will just have to agree to disagree. I just don't find the killing of innocent people brave.
  • boltfox20 MEGAN 2012/10/01 23:31:17
    boltfox20
    Oh, definitely not. That's exactly why I wasn't focusing on that part. In order to see how brave it was, you must see it from their perspective. You don't have to like or agree with what they did or why they did it, but you can appreciate the bravery it took to do it.
  • Cookie boltfox20 2012/11/13 18:08:09
    Cookie
    +3
    It wasn't Paul Ryan...it was Todd Akin
  • boltfox20 Cookie 2012/11/13 21:01:22
    boltfox20
    Quite right. Paul Ryan referred to rape as just another "method of conception." He also co-sponsored a House measure that made a distinction between "rape" and "forcible rape." He later agreed it was a bad choice of words, claiming it was "stock language" but never defined that.

To me, anyone who refuses abortion, especially in the case of rape, is just as bad as Todd Akin. Though, I do apologize for getting them confused. ^_^;
  • jsbustaman 2012/09/06 05:42:50
    NO! And glad he didn't get a dime of my money!
    jsbustaman
    +3
    This is the MORON behind the film, "2016 Obama?" What makes him such an expert? I can wait to see his trashy film!
  • MEGAN jsbustaman 2012/09/30 21:05:42
    MEGAN
    +2
    If you waste your hard earned money on this ridiculous film, you are lining the pockets of the already filthy rich right-wing machine, where a LOT of the proceeds are going. Wait 'til after the election, PLEASE!?
  • avery johnson 2012/09/05 21:31:36
    avery johnson
    +3
    bravery? he wants to call them brave? for what reason? because a real hero can take a plane full of innocent and unarmed civilians and crash it into a building full of even more innocent people? yeah. because that must take guts *loads upon loads of sarcasm* how many people lost their loved one's because of this "bravery" hmmm? how many people lost their life's? and he wants to call that bravery? you wanna talk about bravery try talking to the rescue workers that where on scene after the crash. this was cowardice straight up. any coward can kill themselves so they dont have to look an enemy in the face. it's pathetic and twisted to even agree with or find logic in what this nutbag is saying
  • MEGAN avery j... 2012/09/30 21:07:46
    MEGAN
    +2
    I LOVE you, Avery! You must have seeped into my head, because we are of one mind... You are a breath of fresh air in this majorly fu*ked up world. Thank you for that.
  • avery j... MEGAN 2012/09/30 21:23:19
    avery johnson
    nope. thank you for commenting
  • DefendnProtect 2012/09/05 19:07:25
    This is bad, REALLY BAD!
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    The guy and we still have freedom of speech right? Too bad 911 is used to take our civil liberties away and do bankrupting debt war spending for profiteering Wall Street.

Both Bush, Obama and Romney: Patriot act, NDAA and internet kill switch.

Also covering up the crimes about who really were involved. Letting loose the Mossad terrorists.
  • MEGAN Defendn... 2012/09/30 21:12:50
    MEGAN
    +3
    You REALLY need to have a frontal lobotomy and a vasectomy! Better yet, I'd like to see folks like you sent to Israel to have your claims upheld. IDIOT, anti Semite MF!!! And NO, I am NOT Jewish, just so you don't go attack some poor Jew in retaliation for my opinion.
  • Defendn... MEGAN 2012/09/30 21:15:40
    DefendnProtect
    Please, concentrate on what Ehud Barak tells you about who we are gonna attack, while some planes are still in the air on 911.
  • Jon Bergen 2012/09/05 00:39:28 (edited)
    This is bad, REALLY BAD!
    Jon Bergen
    +5
    But, then, who can be surprised?

surprised

surprised

surprised

surprised

surprised

surprised

Since he's really showering his own team ~ neoconservatives ~ with those compliments.
  • Robert Strobel 2012/09/04 23:11:53
    Robert Strobel
    +2
    Dude is probably a raghead himself certainly not a citizen of the U.S.A. .
  • RepubliTurd Hater 2012/09/04 22:49:43
    RepubliTurd Hater
    +5
    Anyone who pays money to watch this after knowing where D'nesh's motivations come from is an idiot
  • 2468 2012/09/04 14:28:21
    YES! And I agree with his Anti-American views!
    2468
    +4
    Here we are working our way out of wars that we got into on false evidence. There are many events and actions before that as well but I think a full on war on a country for profit does make our "freedom" chants ring a bit hollow.

We set up the Taliban under the CIA and now look at the problems we created.

Originally, we told the Iraqis that it was okay to invade Kuwait because they were slant drilling into their oil under the border. Then we switched our position and took them on for what we "okayed."

I don't think that terrorism is a good way to be but if you are attacked by a much larger entity then "The Art of War" tells all those at war how to proceed.

The reason we are involved in these wars, setting up dictators and some of our less than freedom directed actions is for profits.

I resent that our young people are losing their lives for these wars of profit.
    On the side of the terrorists, they were doing what they believed in and put their lives on the line...knowing that success would bring them death. We should read into this that they are really pissed at us. People don't forfeit their own lives for no reason. It is simple physics that one set of actions lead to another set of reactions.

So, while I think there is a lot of wrong on both sides I think that so...

So, while I think there is a lot of wrong on both sides I think that someone that gives up their life for a cause is brave. I don't think it was a good idea or the best idea but if the question is simply were they brave, they were.

This also presupposes that our information around the attacks is accurate and I would have to concede that we really don't know what happened.
  • Geenie ... 2468 2012/09/04 16:05:35
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    The people who attacked us on 9/11 were fundamentalists not an army from a sovereign nation fighting for sovereignty. The art of war hardly applies....

The record of what happened on 9/11 along with the cries of "lies & damn lies" for the "WMD's in Iraq line" pushed by the previous Adminstration before we invaded Iraq is all pretty clear and matters of fact for anyone not of weak mind and susceptible to conspiracy theories....

The thing with conspiracy theories is when you begin to dissect them you have to make assumptions in order to prove them to be true..... We all know what happens when we assume don't we.
  • MEGAN 2468 2012/09/30 21:19:17
    MEGAN
    +2
    OOPS! I accidentally RAVED your comment. My bad... I agree with most of what you said, except the bravery part. These boys were just a bunch of incredibly priveledged, spoiled, wealthy elitist Saudi punks, with time on their hands and a need to be martyred in their heads. They were COWARDS, not brave. At all.
  • gocar 2012/09/04 03:32:12
    gocar
    +2
    But Bill Maher said the same thing. People who planned for months to fly those planes into the buildings were nuts and fanatics but no cowards. Would we expect our troops to perform such suicide missions?
  • Geenie ... gocar 2012/09/04 04:28:45
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    You are correct, however he didn't go on to write a book doubling down on that idea. And when Bill Maher said what he did, he was responding to and agreeing with what his guest panelist, Dinesh D'Souza said first.
  • fortycal_sig 2012/09/03 18:20:37
    This is bad, REALLY BAD!
    fortycal_sig
    +3
    This question, that is. I'd have to say that it takes some guts to kill yourself for a cause, however misguided that cause may be. Don't agree? Try it yourself.
  • Geenie ... fortyca... 2012/09/03 21:29:05
    Geenie Nabottle
    +5
    Any coward can kill themselves....

It takes real bravery and heroism to run into a burning building and give ones life in order to SAVE the life of another.

9 11 heros
  • fortyca... Geenie ... 2012/09/04 03:25:42
    fortycal_sig
    +1
    Well, there's certainly honor in giving one's life for a constructive purpose. The situation with a suicide terrorist forces us to distinguish between an honorable, heroic act of courage and a dishonorable, misguided one.
  • William 2012/09/03 18:13:46
    This is bad, REALLY BAD!
    William
    +1
    To sacrifice your life for a cause, without knowing what the outcome would be isn't bravery? Isn't that what minutemen in the war against British tyranny, WWII soldiers and the Afghani Freedom fighters did? Reagan called them all brave.
  • Geenie ... William 2012/09/03 21:32:20
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    Is that all it takes for you to forget those that were lost on 9/11..... A little Anti-Obama propaganda?
  • William Geenie ... 2012/09/06 00:33:06
    William
    I don't forget much. And we will answer for the injustice done their deaths.

The real question is, what are you willing to die for? A totalitarian government, like those brave German soldiers of WWII. Or the virtues of freedom and justice, like those who fell on Lexington Green in Concord. Bravery without a just cause is like a watch left ticking on a dead man's wrist.
  • Edwin 2012/09/03 15:52:43
    This is bad, REALLY BAD!
    Edwin
    Actually, I don't think it's bad at all. I don't care.

And he has a reasonable argument: they did something very difficult and risky, and they gave their lives up for what they truly believed. By most definitions, that fits the word "brave" better than "coward". And they killed people they believed were their mortal enemies.

But those people were unarmed and posed no direct threat to them. Killing such people is not considered brave. Is it cowardly? I don't see that word fitting well, either.

So... when you put it all together, I think "brave" is not a good word for them. I don't think "cowardly" really is, either. "Terrorist" fits well.

But if D'souza thinks differently than I, it's not gonna make me lose sleep. Some people think LOTS of crazy things -- and this is not completely crazy, just wrong (IMO).
  • Wally-Molon Labe! 2012/09/03 15:27:23
    NO! But I don't care that he hates America as long as he continues to hate Ob...
    Wally-Molon Labe!
    +2
    If D'souza really believes that 911 was pulled off by a bunch of ragheads without the help of people in our government, then I'd say he's not too bright and not worth paying attention to.
  • Geenie ... Wally-M... 2012/09/03 21:36:04
    Geenie Nabottle
    Wow, that was an original response.
  • Tedster Wally-M... 2012/09/04 01:14:11 (edited)
    Tedster
    Well your right that he's not worth paying attention to but wrong that they had any help from W's government. How can you believe that given how incompetently he ran everything he had anything to do with it?
  • Cap 2012/09/03 15:24:58
    Cap
    Although I don't agree that his comments, at least the ones referenced above, are anti-American.

I have a vague recollection of having encountered this issue on SH several years ago, albeit from the "other" side (i.e., the thread author asked if readers were offended by claims that the 9/11 terrorists were heroes in certain Muslim eyes). My answer, as I recollect it, was that I was offended in some contexts, but not completely so. The example I remember referencing was Japanese kamikaze pilots - as much as I hated them for the needless destruction of American lives when the ultimate fate of the Japanese Empire was clear, I had no doubt of their patriotic motives.

To the extent that D'souza is correct in recalling the distinction between his comment and Maher's on whatever forum it is they were referencing a decade or so ago, he is right on in terms of the significance of the distinction. There is a world of difference between recognizing the courage - misguided as it may have been - of the 9/11 terrorists and condemning the conduct of America as legitimizing their terrorism.
  • Geenie ... Cap 2012/09/03 21:48:12
    Geenie Nabottle
    +1
    So what you are saying is that Kamakazi pilots are the same as suicide bombers?

I would respond to say that there are some key significant differences that really doesn't make these two groups an equal comparison. Mainly Kamakazi pilots of Japan fought on behalf of and were soilders in a standing imperial army of a sovereign nation. Suicide bombers are not. This would be akin to saying a Timothy McVegih was not a lone wolf but an arm of democracy or Christianity. Also Kamakazi pilots targeted military opponents not civilians. Suicide bombers specifically target civilians.

You also say that 9/11 terrorists were "courageous"?

I would respond to say that anyone can commit suicide. It takes real courage to be willing to give ones life for another and run into a burning building and save a complete stranger!!!

Some of you may have forgotten.... But there are still plenty of us that will NEVER FORGET!
  • Cap Geenie ... 2012/09/05 04:22:01
    Cap
    Well, what you stated certainly isn't a quote. Moreover, as I see it, the difference is not merely of vocabulary; what I said quite substantively differs from saying "that Kamakazi [sic] pilots are the same as suicide bombers". I would be willing to agree that I could be correctly paraphrased as saying that "Kamikazi pilots are a form of suicide bombers". Whether you think there's a distinction between the two phrases is something I really can't discern. Are New Yorkers different from Americans? And/or are Texans? IDK, depends on where you're going w/ the comparison, though my primary response would be "no".

But I see little purpose in pursuing those types of semantics. You make the statement "anyone can commit suicide". while I don't disagree with that statement in a vacuum, from the context in which you make it, it seems to me that you perceive the ability to choose to give up one's live in order to take the lives of others is something that, in some type of absolute sense, is easy of accomplishment. I think that is absurd. You, of course, are entitled to your opinion, but, IMHO, that's an absurd opinion.

Which is not to say that there are not some instances of totally crazed minds coming to the decision to commit an act of suicide bombing against innocent civilians as...

Which is not to say that there are not some instances of totally crazed minds coming to the decision to commit an act of suicide bombing against innocent civilians as an act of terrorism, but so what? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised were it somehow shown that some of the 9/11 terrorists were explainable as being of such a crazed element, and it's also possible that some were tricked into doing what they did, but a goodly number of them seem to have been people reasonably similar to their peers who were able to convince themselves they were sacrificing their lives for the good of Islam, and, though I have absolutely no doubt that they were deeply misguided, I, unlike you, think that physically healthy people - and even people with painful chronic diseases, but certainly physically healthy people - are not the least bit casual about giving up their lives. D'sousa is talking about those people, or so it seems to me, in the clip linked to the thread, and I agree with him. And I find it a little strange that you (and others), even after a bit of reflection on the point, don't.

Incidentally, in your little hypothetical, if the person running into the building knew the person s/he was rescuing, would the rescue require more or less courage? It seems to me it would require pretty much the same, but I'm curious as to your thoughts on the matter, since you saw fit to make the rescuee a stranger.

2014/10/23 05:57:26