Have years of liberal dogma spawned a generation of immoral, uneducated, welfare dependent, brutal youths?

FanOreilly 2011/08/11 09:21:27

SLIDESHOW: London August 2011: Fruits of liberalism

Redistribution of wealth
1 of 10

Redistribution of wealth

1. Redistribution of wealth

Redistribution of wealth

2. Hope and Change

Hope and Change

3. Renewable energy

Renewable energy

4. Give peace a chance

Give peace a chance

5. There is no such thing as an illegal person

There is no such thing as an illegal person

6. Power to the peaceful

Power to the peaceful

7. The right wing media wants to make you dumb and mean

The right wing media wants to make you dumb and mean

8. No blood for oil

No blood for oil

9. Coexist

Coexist

10. War is not the answer

War is not the answer

Yes, liberalism inevitably breeds savagery
No, the Tea Parties are to blame for the riots

In every region of the world where liberalism thrives, we see massive amounts of anti-social behavior.

UK 2009-2010

Greece 2011

Berlin 2011

Spain 2011

Europe is not the only place afflicted with the natural result of liberalism:

"Police departments in several cities around the country are investigating what appear to be incidents of "flash mob"-generated violence, in which packs of dozens or even hundreds of youths appear seemingly out of nowhere to commit assaults, robberies and other crimes against innocent bystanders.

The motive and circumstances surrounding the attacks that have resulted in numerous arrests around the country are being investigated -- and law enforcement officials in at least one city are looking into a possible racial component to the crimes. "

Philadelphia 2009

Philadelphia 2010

Wisconsin 2011

Chicago 2011

Los Angeles 2011

"The people who wrecked swathes of property, burned vehicles and terrorised communities have no moral compass to make them susceptible to guilt or shame.

They are essentially wild beasts....it seems appropriate to young people bereft of the discipline that might make them employable; of the conscience that distinguishes between right and wrong.

They respond only to instinctive animal impulses — to eat and drink, have sex, seize or destroy the accessible property of others."

instinctive animal impulses eat drink sex seize destroy accessible property

Does liberalism create a savage society?

Read More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2024284/...

• darthtbone 2011/08/11 10:04:17
    darthtbone
    +10
    Absolutely. There are a couple of things to think about here.

Liberalism does not support, and actually combats the idea of personal responsibility. Under liberalism negative, self destructive behaviors are encouraged and even reinforced with government benefits.

Liberalism also goes against the idea that hard work should pay off. The concept of "earning" is completely absent. In the liberal mind (not all but in general) a CEO should not be paid any more than the guy who cleans the bathrooms despite the hours of work and education it takes to reach the executive level. This creates an entitlement mentality. If a liberal sees someone with a nice car, in their mind they are entitled that car too. Instead of thinking like a conservative "what can I do to get a car like that" the liberal thinks "why does he get to have that car and I don't."

Finally, look at where liberals go when addressing societal problems. Any problem (the only exception is white collar crime) is blamed on something else. If a black guy rapes, it is the fault of years of oppression. If a kid shoots up his school, it's because of video games. No one is held accountable for their actions. The people under liberalism are insulated from consequences of their actions.

• skroehr 2011/08/18 19:43:21
    skroehr
    Well, in a word......
    Yes. This is not the world I was born into, yet, unfortunately, I spent a great deal of my life rebelling against the moral conservatism I grew up with. It honesty took an honest and deep acceptance of Christ for me to mend my ways, and see the truth about mankind, and where we should be headed as a people. The liberals ideologies took one Christian concept, charity, and amplified it to the point of perversity and distortion. They then let their ideology become even further muddied by eugenicists who believe fundamentally that the only way to help others is essentially deny them existence. They want to help the poor by encouraging, and promoting their extinction through abortion, so that the fundamental human right. They want the state to be depended upon for everything. The state becomes God. It removes incentive for REAL charity between people. They want to solve the problem of the aging baby boomer generation with euthenasia, and the incoming generations with abortion, so that the folks in the middle have enough food, goods, and shelter to go around for the children who ARE still born. But what goods, food, and money there is to be had, is managed and doled out by the state. It's a deplorable, inhumane, and ugly ideology, and I was sucked ri...

Well, in a word......
    Yes. This is not the world I was born into, yet, unfortunately, I spent a great deal of my life rebelling against the moral conservatism I grew up with. It honesty took an honest and deep acceptance of Christ for me to mend my ways, and see the truth about mankind, and where we should be headed as a people. The liberals ideologies took one Christian concept, charity, and amplified it to the point of perversity and distortion. They then let their ideology become even further muddied by eugenicists who believe fundamentally that the only way to help others is essentially deny them existence. They want to help the poor by encouraging, and promoting their extinction through abortion, so that the fundamental human right. They want the state to be depended upon for everything. The state becomes God. It removes incentive for REAL charity between people. They want to solve the problem of the aging baby boomer generation with euthenasia, and the incoming generations with abortion, so that the folks in the middle have enough food, goods, and shelter to go around for the children who ARE still born. But what goods, food, and money there is to be had, is managed and doled out by the state. It's a deplorable, inhumane, and ugly ideology, and I was sucked right in between 16 - 35 when I began to become suspicious and finally around 45 when all the tumblers finally fell into place, and my eyes were at long last opened.

I heard David Crosby once say the hippies got everything right except the drugs. The relaxation of all other morals was apparently all good to him, even in retrospect. It's kind of sad.

I don't think we got ANYTHING right except much much much better popular and rock music then is available today. ;-).

Maybe VietNam, (but we went about ending it all wrong, and blaming things on the soldiers and sailors who just do what they're told). Spitting on our own veterans! We did manage to creat a Government and a people for a while who hostile and ungrateful to their own veterans, and made it so they had to begin grovelling for their benefits which should be gratefully and abundantly given to the veteran by his home country. All who serve their country should be held in the highest of regard as extraordinary and valiant men and women.

Oh....I'm rambling, but several generations of Europeans and Americans have been raised with desperately twisted liberal ideologies now. There is some realy hope in many of the people just now in their 20's and 30's, and it is them who moral conservative must pin their hopes. That when they inherit the governments in another 10 years or so, that they will want to back up to a much better way of doing things. But it won't be "backing up" really, because they'll make it new and fresh. Moral conservatism for a new generation. More will come to Jesus, and more will get the message of how to carry the Gospel into the lives of America and the European countries. The hippies who inherited the government a little while back, are getting ready to hand it off, thank heavens, and I have faith in much that I see of the next generation or two coming up. While we hippie types saw some of the failings of our fathers generations, and did a radical overcorrection through a kind of anarchy, this new batch will see our failings, and because they're smarter, will correct things in proportion.

We'll never have a perfect society. "For man, this is impossible", the Lord tells us. Only with God are all things possible, and until he's allowed back at the table our imperfections will continue to intensify and spiral downward. I think we can get better. And as bad as things have gotten, it's our only hope.

We must stop eagerly participating in, and promoting, and voting for moral evil though, in order to have a better life granted by our Lord. We simply can't keep promoting the destruction of marriage, abortion, contraception, sexual immorality etc. We can't continue down that road, and survive. The government will use our weakenesses to overpower us completely. Turning us into automatons and taking away our liberty and freedom.

Freedom is the unhindered right and ability to do what one ought. Not anarchy. The liberal agenda wishes to take away the freedom to do good, and allow us an ersatz sort of freedom which may "feel" free to some for a while, but is really creating dependence on a state, and abandonment of the morality, which leaves you a prisoner of vice and corruption. Your soul gets smaller and smaller with each new bit of force fed dependence on big brother government. And the atheism is evolving to the point where the freedom to exist, to worship as one pleases, and to allow the freedom of conscience to rule for the just are disappearing right before our eyes. Wake up. Pray. Love your neighbor of your own volition, and don't relegate it to the state. WE are supposed to feed, clothe and help the poor. WE, the people. The individual persons who make up the fabric of life. When you encourage the state to do it all, you destroy the fundamental point to man's existence. To love and take care of each other. Personally, morally, and with love. The kind of love spoken of in 1 Corinthians, chapter 13.

God bless us all,
    and may he carry us forward to new Jerusalem together.
  • studiobrat PWCM AFCL 2011/08/16 00:10:31
    studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
    +1
    It's going to get worse! Damn Libtards!
  • Rusty 2011/08/15 06:51:14
    Rusty
    +1
    the progressives and liberals have been pushing this since Woodrow Wilson.
  • Freenation 2011/08/13 15:22:52
    Freenation
    YES, HELL YES. I am 15 and I have a little sister. I asked her to help clean up the house with me. big argument on my role as her older brother. I really did won but being here , a liberal herself, she just runs away from every fight. Last thing for that one was that she said " your not my parent". I may not be her parent but she lives in this house all the same and she probably doesn't have what it takes to live by herself. No the you before or after 96 need to learn their place. I know mine so should others
  • Thomas 2011/08/13 13:16:41
    Thomas
    +1
    Liberalism has did more to undermine this country then any other Freedom we are allowed to express. It seems our people think it's being "cool" or "In" to except everything and anything that will make them look like they have evolved to a higher level of tolerance and understanding. Unfortunately, morals, ethics, and wisdom seems to be lacking, as the rest of the world wonders why our society continues to decline in all areas. Want a list?
  • us 2011/08/13 01:53:50
    us
    +1
    I don't think people in AMerica, realize what socialism is, I believe socialism when
    government control you. The one things is to make socialism work you need Capitalism,
    You can not just have socialism, does not work.

The bottom line, work, save, and buy the things you want and don't feel that someone
    else is suppose to buy it for you. These I the things I was taught, I believe this is
    important, not rely on Government money.
  • Steve J~PWCM~JLA 2011/08/13 00:58:26
    Steve J~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Is this a trick question?
  • MrsJJS 2011/08/12 20:17:43
    MrsJJS
    +1
    YEP most certainly has! 13 years of the Labour Government telling them they are ENTITLED this and ENTITLED to that...never any mention of having to working for it first though.
  • Hamilton 2011/08/12 17:55:28
    Hamilton
    +2
    C.S. Lewis wrote about this problem more than 50 years ago in the "Abolition of Man" as well as other works. He called it the making of "Men without chests." They were all stomach and head with no heart in between. They were unbridled ids.
  • skroehr Hamilton 2011/08/18 19:46:02 (edited)
    skroehr
    +2
    Excellent book. Most of his work should be required reading in our schools. G.K. Chesterton too.
  • HOMBRE 2011/08/12 16:15:06 (edited)
    HOMBRE
    +3
    LIBTARDS AT WORK GEEEESH libtards work geeeesh LEFTIST REJECTS
  • SimpleAmerican BN-0 2011/08/12 15:55:09
    SimpleAmerican BN-0
    +2
    The more people feel entitled, not having to work, many being second generation "entitlement" babies spawns a violent reaction. Think about it, take away what these folks see as their lively hood and it's like taking a bear cub from a mama bear! We have already seen similar activities in the US! Think about what went on in Wisconsin, with the Governor simply wanting union workers to pay a fraction of their healthcare and retirement, much less of a percentage than their non-union counterparts, yet Holy Moly Batman!
  • Ms Wendee 2011/08/12 05:53:33
    Ms Wendee
    +1
    When you treat a man like a dog - you gonna get a dog.
  • FanOreilly Ms Wendee 2011/08/12 15:12:50
  • rustyshackelford 2011/08/12 05:42:59
  • redhorse29 2011/08/12 04:18:02
    redhorse29
    +3
    The liberals that gain social leadership roles are usually wealthy. Oddly they feel guilty about their wealth and feel a need to spread our savings around to those less fortunate. If the wealth leveling was done the same way as income tax is levied then maybe they would not be so generous. Why should anyone work if the nanny state will take care of all our needs? Liberals believe we are living at Waldon's Pond.
  • Azrael-In GOD we trust 2011/08/12 01:33:07
    Azrael-In GOD we trust
    +2
    Yep-that's exactly what is wrong, along with BS PC.
    Things need badly to turn around.
  • hasher 2011/08/12 00:28:39
    hasher
    +3
    this is what happens when people get used to things getting handed to them for free. and unexpected things happen like the govt going broke and it stops.
  • Anon 2011/08/12 00:00:20 (edited)
    Anon
    +2
    The choices for this poll stink by the way. It is corruption that causes savagery not liberalism.

The actions of the rioters and looters was unjustifiable. It is not acceptable to damage property of local individuals and local businesses within communities and I hope they feel the "full force of the law" - as the politicians keep telling us they will. However, I'm not particularly surprised that most of the looters didn't think they were going to get caught - over the past couple of months they have seen rich bankers completely ruin our economy and then receive massive bonuses. They have seen politicians essentially stealing taxpayers' money for making fraudulent expenses claims and not face any repercussions. This is nothing to do with liberalism, it is to do with corruption within the capitalist system. The poor and unemployed see these powerful people getting away with things - why should they expect to be any different? Perhaps the rich businessmen and politicians should provide a better example.
  • FanOreilly Anon 2011/08/12 15:13:15
    FanOreilly
    +1
    It's liberalism, not corruption.
  • gracious43 FanOreilly 2011/08/12 15:39:15
    gracious43
    +1
    Really Fan? Are you absolutely positive? The only reason I ask, is that social unrest of this nature, seems to have deeper roots than the last trigger pull.

As wrong and appalling as I consider the French Revolution to be, it surely can't be attributed to liberal policies of the kings, can it? It can't totally be blamed on Louis XVI. King Louis XVI taxed the poorest of the poor of his realm to full starvation, and the money was spent on his debaucheries.

When I moved to Michigan and began studying the Detroit Riot of 1967, I was shocked to learn that there was this undercurrent of racism in Detroit that was occurring long before the riot. I've talked to blacks who were kids at the time, and they remember personally being thugged by policemen---Kids!

These weren't badly behaving kids. They were kids walking down the street, who grew up to be professionals, like myself.
  • FanOreilly gracious43 2011/08/12 15:45:37
    FanOreilly
    +2
    Yes, this set of riots are liberalism.

Try to focus, toots.

Why isn't there riots in Provo or Fort Colins?

Because conservatives live there...many of them poor.

Detroit is a wasteland because of liberalism...but that doesn't do anything to change the minds of liberals, does it?

That felon government official out of prison yet?
  • gracious43 FanOreilly 2011/08/12 22:11:40
    gracious43
    Yup! And he is trying to keep the money from his book "Surrender" or whatever it is, claiming that the Michigan Son of Sam law is nonconstitutional. Not that the book is worth buying. Apparently it is one great big list of all his enemies whose fault it is that he got in trouble.

But this is now. The Detroit Riot was in 1967.
  • Anon gracious43 2011/08/12 19:26:42
    Anon
    +1
    I know we don't always agree on issues but you make a good point here.
  • Anon FanOreilly 2011/08/12 19:23:04
    Anon
    +1
    You have any actual evidence or REASONED argument to support that claim?
  • peterlb777 FanOreilly 2011/08/13 03:22:19
    peterlb777
    Disregarding Anon...
    Couldn't liberalism be in itself "corruption"? That's the implied purpose of this question is it not? Who to blame?
    The tea party pushes so-so liberal ideas, so can't they blamed also?

What's "liberal dogma" anyway?
  • mike 2011/08/11 23:54:21
    mike
    +3
    Yea, thats it, we did it. We forced england to become a wasteland of liberalism. If the english have any brains they'll start thier own style of TEA Party and discover thier conservative roots!
  • Riobhca 2011/08/11 23:53:59 (edited)
    Riobhca
    +3
    Liberals want everyone to be ignorant. The public schools promote ignorance and not being able to think independently, which breeds a race of sheoples. And then liberalism brainwashes them even more to make then even worse.
  • SharonJohnson 2011/08/11 23:35:57
    SharonJohnson
    +3
    You have a generation that thinks they are owed. They think that they should be able to have whatever they want without working for it. The riots show this is nothing more that a bunch of thugs saying they are doing this because of the rich I say BS
  • Rabbit 2011/08/11 22:24:08
    Rabbit
    +3
    You nailed it FanOreilly, and it's comming to a neighborhood near you. (the collective YOU).
  • taitaFalcon23 2011/08/11 21:59:48
    taitaFalcon23
    +1
    that answer is just as ridiculous as any other.. no, immoral, uneducated welfare recipients created more of them...
  • cynsity 2011/08/11 21:50:27
    cynsity
    +3
    If you equate lack of self discipline, lack of motivation to accomplish/finsh things, a beliefe something is owed to one, the mentality that someone else will take care of the work, the idea that a privilege is the same as a right, lack of loyality to family/friends/society, lack of interest in civic duty/service, lack of apprication for others, envy, greed, and sloth to liberalism then SURE liberalism breeds savagery.

look I work with young people and sure they are angry, but many are angry that those who went before them have created a society that doesn't afford them opertunities. If I look at this in a micro social way, our little rural town is all steemed over the way the youth (teens) just hang out all over the streets and around shops and are now involved in petty crimes, but 15 years ago when the town was asked if they wanted to have a 10 year tax lieve to help build a youth center where young people could go to hang out and be safe/supervised/advised and do what they were going to do anyway, the town said NO we don't need it because we are a retirement town. They said if a kid needed to get tutored let it happen at home, if they needed counciling let it happen during school hours, if they need a slap of reality let them get it on the streets... well now that is whe...

look I work with young people and sure they are angry, but many are angry that those who went before them have created a society that doesn't afford them opertunities. If I look at this in a micro social way, our little rural town is all steemed over the way the youth (teens) just hang out all over the streets and around shops and are now involved in petty crimes, but 15 years ago when the town was asked if they wanted to have a 10 year tax lieve to help build a youth center where young people could go to hang out and be safe/supervised/advised and do what they were going to do anyway, the town said NO we don't need it because we are a retirement town. They said if a kid needed to get tutored let it happen at home, if they needed counciling let it happen during school hours, if they need a slap of reality let them get it on the streets... well now that is where they are. Those young people who are rioting are completely wrong and should have to apy both monatarily and with jail time, but they are also the kids who's parents either didn't care enough to teach them better, couldn't teach them better because they themselves didn't know better or actully believed all the liberal bull. The kids never heard anything different. You can't make choices if you don't know there are choices out there.

If liberalism breeds savagery then it breeds it not like an animal breeds but like a sickness breeds, passed from one to another and incubated with stupidy and ignorance. We need to start vaccinating people NOW against liberalism we need to make the youth believe they can do for themselves better than anyone else can do for them so they stop expecting things to be easy.
  • DuncanONeil 2011/08/11 21:35:28
    DuncanONeil
    +1
    When children are raised without suffering consequences, as adults they believe there are none!
  • Absalom! 2011/08/11 21:32:53
    Absalom!
    +1
    No, I don't believe the Tea Party is active in the U.K. so they can hardly be responsible. But "liberal dogma"? What the hell is that? Sorry couldn't give you a yes on that. My theory is that the problem is the legacy of abandoned Colonialism. The flunkies of the conquerors and their servants all ended up back in the home countries and a sense of responsibility for them (misplaced.....MAYBE?) has resulted in the ensuing miasma. You needed more choices, and you know it.
    :)
  • FanOreilly Absalom! 2011/08/12 15:14:16
    FanOreilly
    LOL! You are a fool.
  • Absalom! FanOreilly 2011/08/21 05:55:08
    Absalom!
    I stand by it. You needed more choices and you know it. Preserve your credibility and ask better questions. And, "call no man a fool" as per Jesus Christ, or don't you believe in him?
  • tomas 2011/08/11 21:32:31
    tomas
    +1
    Yes. There is NO doubt about that.
  • Billy Board 2011/08/11 21:24:13
    Billy Board
  • ladyjane 2011/08/11 21:15:09
    ladyjane
    +1
    These people need to learn to work for everything they get. No work then you don't get anything. That just might open their eyes....The only help available would be for the bare essentials and for U.S. citizens or people that are citizens of the country involved....That would send the illegals packing....
  • Mechelle 2011/08/11 21:01:32

2014/10/24 07:55:01