Have we witnessed the "Invasion of the GOP snatchers"?

bob 2011/10/27 20:30:13
Related Topics: GOP, Invasion
yes the intellegent GOP has been replaced with dumber ones
nope the GOP is like the undead for the rich
we have witnessed the Invasion of the GOP snatchers
that's silly, there's no Invasion of the GOP snatchers
how about?

• Emanon 2011/10/27 22:37:48
    Emanon
    +4
    What happened to the Eisenhower and Goldwater Republicans?...

... What happened to the party of Lincoln?....

Goes back to my cave...

• Kiosk Kid COMALite J 2011/10/28 12:28:17
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    I certainly understood my last sentence. It is pretty simple.

I said; "You can also call fallacies Liberal logic."
  • COMALite J Kiosk Kid 2011/10/31 02:34:48
    COMALite J
    I suppose that is technically true. You can indeed call fallacies “Liberal logic.” You can also call them “spinach and artichoke pizza,” but that doesn’t make it so.
  • Kiosk Kid COMALite J 2011/10/31 12:44:07
    Kiosk Kid
    It wouldn't be true to call fallacies "spinach and artichoke pizza" It is nothing like fallacies or Liberal logic.

There is a legal and accounting principal called substance over form. Something is what it is and not what you call it.

In layman’s terms if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, it is a duck.
  • COMALite J Kiosk Kid 2011/11/03 05:02:59
    COMALite J
    Do you even know what fallacies are?
  • Kiosk Kid COMALite J 2011/11/03 13:51:45
    Kiosk Kid
    When you make them, I will identify them by name and provide a quote and a reference. Since Marxism doesn’t work; liberals can’t produce facts. Therefore, they spew accusations, fallacies, and personal attacks.

Some personal attacks are Ad Hominem fallacies and others are not. It depends whether the persons draws a conclusion or simply makes a statement. There are a lot of fallacies incorporated into the party line. When Liberals recite the party line, they recite a lot of fallacies.
  • COMALite J Kiosk Kid 2011/11/04 01:58:38 (edited)
    COMALite J
    Can you be more specific? Show me a “liberal” fallacy in the “liberal party line.”

Oh, and good on you for recognizing that Argumentum ad Hominem ≠ personal attacks.

Marxism hasn’t fully been implemented in any modern society that I’m aware of. Various perversions of it (Leninism, Maoism, etc.) have been. Cuba comes the closest, and it also seems to be the most successful, having survived close proximity to the world’s #1 (and only for much of the time) superpower that was hell-bent on destroying it, outlasting its main patron nation by about a generation so far.

And no, that’s not fallacious (“No True Scotsman,” right?), since that fallacy only applies when what supposedly determines what is and what is not a “true Scotsman” is the desired conclusion itself, which is not the case here.
  • Kiosk Kid COMALite J 2011/11/04 14:22:24
    Kiosk Kid
    Marxist fallacies in the party line:

On healthcare: Every civilized country in the world has a single payer healthcare system. We should too. The fallacy was Ad Populum or bandwagon.

On the Hoax: All credible scientists believe that CO2 is responsible for Global Warming. The fallacy is Ad Populum or bandwagon. Ad Populum has many names.

I didn’t say that an ad hominem fallacy wasn’t a personal attack. I said not all personal attacks are Ad Hominem fallacies.

Liberals can not products facts to support the party line because Marxism doesn’t work. Therefore, they can only make accusations, fallacies, and personal attacks.
  • COMALite J Kiosk Kid 2011/11/05 01:59:21 (edited)
    COMALite J
    Wrong. Those would be those fallacies if the only evidence were those arguments. But in the case of health care, it’s not just that other nations have single payer. It’s that the nations that do have single payer are doing better than we are (and by a long shot) in caring for the medical needs of their population.

The USA is at or near dead last in almost every “good” health care statistic among industrialized nations (and often without even that caveat!), and at or near #1 in almost every “bad” health care statistic among industrialized nations (and again surpassing even many third-world nations). This includes “bang for the buck,” or how much health benefit we get in return for how much the nation spends on health care.

On CO 2 and global climate change, again, it’s not just what scientists believe , but what they can back up . The role of CO 2 itself in the greenhouse effect is not in question. We know exactly how it happens, every step of the process. What may still be in question is to what degree human activity exacerbates it.

And aren’t you a Bible-believing Christian? Why are you denying global warming (and/or ozone depletion) when your own Bible prophesies it as part of End Times Prophecy!? (Revelation 16:8–9 — look it up — also check out the earlier verses in that same ...

On CO2 and global climate change, again, it’s not just what scientists believe, but what they can back up. The role of CO2 itself in the greenhouse effect is not in question. We know exactly how it happens, every step of the process. What may still be in question is to what degree human activity exacerbates it.

And aren’t you a Bible-believing Christian? Why are you denying global warming (and/or ozone depletion) when your own Bible prophesies it as part of End Times Prophecy!? (Revelation 16:8–9 — look it up — also check out the earlier verses in that same chapter re: oceanic and inland water pollution, especially “red tide.”)

Re: argumentum ad hominem and personal attacks, I used the
    “≠” sign. In case you forgot, that means “does not equal,” and I meant that literally: Argumentum ad hominem does not equal (meaning is not a synonym for) personal attacks. That was not meant to imply that personal attacks are never argumentum ad hominem.

If I say, “you’re stupid,” that is a personal attack but not argumentum ad hominem. If I say, “You’re stupid, and that’s why you’re wrong,” that’s both a personal attack and argumentum ad hominem.
  • Kiosk Kid COMALite J 2011/11/05 13:06:59
    Kiosk Kid
    Again logic isn’t your forte.

Just because some Marxist organization says the US doesn’t have the best health in the world doesn’t mean it is true. As an example; The Dutch dumped their single payer system and adopted a private market insurance system.

The US has the best healthcare in the world that why people vote with their feet and come here for Healthcare.

If they had facts to back up the Hoax, the world wouldn’t have killed the Hoax in Copenhagen and buried it at Cancun. All of the Hoaxters dire predictions have been slammed with facts.

You asked for fallacies in the party line and I gave them to you.

Don't write a book of crap, I won't read it. Doesn't the Liberal know how to write clear, consise, and to the point? Look how I write.
  • COMALite J Kiosk Kid 2011/11/07 04:34:02 (edited)
    COMALite J
    “Marxist organization”? You don’t even know what my source was (I didn’t state it), but you just assume that it’s some “Marxist organization”!? (Note: the term “Marxist” has a very definite and specific meaning. It does not mean, “Anything and everything that disagrees with your worldview.”)

Even if my source actually was some Marxist organization (which it is not, but even if it was !! ), your discounting it because of that is the logical fallacy of Argumentum ad Hominem, which we’d already discussed so you should’ve been aware of it. And yet you accuse me of fallacies? Yank that General Sherman redwood tree out of your eye, and then you can see clearer to pluck the molecule of wood cellulose from mine.

For the record, my source is NationMaster.com, whose sources include the CIA World Factbook. Do you really think that the CIA is a Marxist organization? Sources also include the World Development Indicators Database, which, for instance, lists the USA as #1 in per-capita medical expenditures as of 2004 (most recent stats currently available on NationMaster). We spend the most (in per capita rates , not just raw numbers), yet other nations get much bigger and better returns on their health care spending

“The US has the best healthcare in the world that why people vote with their...

Even if my source actually was some Marxist organization (which it is not, but even if it was!!), your discounting it because of that is the logical fallacy of Argumentum ad Hominem, which we’d already discussed so you should’ve been aware of it. And yet you accuse me of fallacies? Yank that General Sherman redwood tree out of your eye, and then you can see clearer to pluck the molecule of wood cellulose from mine.

For the record, my source is NationMaster.com, whose sources include the CIA World Factbook. Do you really think that the CIA is a Marxist organization? Sources also include the World Development Indicators Database, which, for instance, lists the USA as #1 in per-capita medical expenditures as of 2004 (most recent stats currently available on NationMaster). We spend the most (in per capita rates, not just raw numbers), yet other nations get much bigger and better returns on their health care spending

“The US has the best healthcare in the world that why people vote with their feet and come here for Healthcare.”

Uh, no. That’s just not true. It is true that for certain specific conditions (notably some forms of cancer), the very wealthiest can get the very best care here in the USA, but it’s not true in general. In many cases, people from the USA go to other nations for better health care, and I’m not just talking about poor people or even middle class.
  • Kiosk Kid COMALite J 2011/11/07 13:37:12 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    I don't care who your source is. The World Health Organization says the same thing you did. I have heard their citeria for determining the ratings. They are a Marxist organization that supports a single payer system.

"Those who cite the WHO rankings typically present them as an objective measure of the relative performance of national health care systems. They are not. The WHO rankings depend crucially on a number of underlying assumptions— some of them logically incoherent, some characterized by substantial uncertainty, and some rooted in ideological beliefs and values that not everyone shares."
    http://www.cato.org/pub_displ...

Argumentum ad Hominem, is a category of fallacies not a name of a fallacy. WHO provides annual rankings of countries' healthcare system. These clown had us ranked at number 37. I committed no fallacy because I attacked their message and their orginization.

The Liberal needs to name the fallacy not just the category. I guess logic isn't your forte.
  • DeLosDo... pat 2011/10/29 09:25:39
    DeLosDosOsos
    No he didn't.
  • KingdomNow Kiosk Kid 2011/10/27 22:30:13
    KingdomNow
    +3
    Liberal logic = oxymoron
  • DeLosDo... Kiosk Kid 2011/10/29 09:24:56
    DeLosDosOsos
    +1
    Many morons misuse "Beg the question".
  • Kiosk Kid DeLosDo... 2011/10/29 14:52:34
    Kiosk Kid
    I don't think they misuse it, I think their questions violate logic because they make an assuptions which is not proven.
  • DeborahLakeHelen 2011/10/27 20:55:27
    how about?
    DeborahLakeHelen
  • Blessed Sheep Gone Wild! 2011/10/27 20:55:17
    Blessed Sheep Gone Wild!
    +3
    It is called Social Conservatives. If you know what the republican party is actually about you would find the pairing of the social cons really odd... the people that want to control every aspect of your private life under the guise of "morals" and the political party that says the govt should stay out of the citizens private lives... does not compute. Any social conservatives out there care to explain this? Oh and the GOP forgot what the words fiscal conservancy meant back when Baby Bush stepped in. And whats up with deniiers of separation of church and state?
  • DeLosDo... Blessed... 2011/10/29 09:27:01
    DeLosDosOsos
    Bush 2 is a NEOCON, not a conservative.
  • Blessed... DeLosDo... 2011/10/30 01:57:14
    Blessed Sheep Gone Wild!
    +1
    yes he was and the GOP are no longer Conservatives either. They are social conservatives and fiscal conservativeness is not a characteristic that they display in actions only in words. Which is pretty similar to neocons correct?
  • Savious 2011/10/27 20:48:06
    how about?
    Savious
    it'd be nice if we knew what you were even talking about.
  • p18711 2011/10/27 20:44:13
    how about?
    p18711
    i expierenced the ''type-obama-and you get-raves-snatchers so...what's new
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2011/10/27 20:43:57
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +3
    That WOULD explain a lot. Tea Pods that produce foaming zombie doppelgangers.
  • Denny 2011/10/27 20:43:44
    how about?
    Denny
    +2
    The wacky release of the Evil Dummycraps.
  • Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2011/10/27 20:38:36
  • misterz 2011/10/27 20:38:16
    misterz
  • Max7 2011/10/27 20:38:08
    how about?
    Max7
    +2
    We'll be spared from witnessing the invasion of the GOP body snatchers, instead, I'm hoping that they'll be be put out to pasture!
  • jimbo999 2011/10/27 20:32:59
    how about?
    jimbo999
    Capitol of theLiving Duh.
  • DFA 2011/10/27 20:32:47
    DFA

2014/08/22 11:53:56