Have We Become A Soft People?

TananaTrish 2008/04/04 05:24:37
Yes I do believe we've become a soft people/nation
Ok, we're fried, even if we are what can we do about it now.
No, I don't think we're a soft people/nation.
Of course not we're the baddest ass on the block
From 'The American Thinker'
http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/01/soft_people_hard_peopl...

January 18, 2007

Soft People, Hard People
By Selwyn Duke

If the 1976 western The Last Hard Men has it right, we Occidentals metamorphosed into jellyfish sometime around the early twentieth century. Although this title is more movie marketing than historical statement, there may be something to it. After all, Robert Baden-Powell, a lieutenant general in the British Army, was motivated by the belief that western boys were becoming too soft when he originated the Boy Scouts in 1907.

Regardless of the origin and rapidity of our transition from he-men to she-men, one thing is for certain: We have become a very soft people.

When pondering this, I think about how it is now common to see men cry publicly. Just recently George Bush Sr. broke down while rendering a speech, something that was unthinkable a generation ago. Why, presidential aspirant Edmund Muskie saw his campaign scuttled by a few inopportune tears in 1972. And before you score me for not embracing the metrosexual model, remember the impression this gives the rest of the world. Feminization may be fashionable, but it doesn't engender respect among the more patriarchal peoples.

Then I think about our unwillingness to discipline our children, something to which our jungle-like schools bear witness. And should someone use punitive measures harsher than the euphemistically named "time-out" - something that may actually work - he is often excoriated for damaging the little darlings' "self-esteem." And a spanking? Perish the thought. We're told this could scar a child irreparably (although we seldom ponder the ravages of pickling a young brain with Ritalin), and the idea is so foreign to many parents they cannot even conceive of placing a hand on their cherubim's sanctified little posteriors.

In contrast, the people of the Third World - and especially the Muslim fanatics who have designs on the West - are hard as stone. We fret over the fact that Saddam Hussein endured some taunts during his execution, while next door in Saudi Arabia they may still chop off the hand of a thief. We cater to the religious wants of incarcerated terrorists, providing everything from the Koran and prayer rugs to desired foods, and the soft set still laments the terrible privation these poor victims must endure. In contrast, the terrorists' Muslim brethren often disallow the practice of other religions in the Abode of Islam. We let illegal aliens run roughshod over our nation, sometimes bestowing government benefits upon them, then still feel guilty about not exalting them sufficiently. In the Third World, however, foreigners are often treated like second-class citizens. Under the Mexican Constitution, one foreign-born will never enjoy the full rights of citizenship. In many Muslim societies, a certain kind of second-class status is reserved for "infidels"; it's called dhimmitude.

All this is not surprising. After all, luxury and living high soften the sinews and, regrettably, sometimes also the head. The hand that spends its entire existence inside a velvet glove will remain soft and delicate. The one wielding workmen's tools dawn till dusk becomes calloused and hard, more able to inflict injury and more resistant to it.

I know, I know what's coming. That's what makes us better than the nations in question, proclaim some, allowing themselves a rare foray into the realm of cultural superiority (what ever happened to the notion that all cultures are morally equal?). As for me, I'm not awash in moral relativism, but neither do I fall victim to blind cultural chauvinism. For, anyone who believes we have a monopoly on virtue is living in a fantasy-world of smug self-delusion. Don't get me wrong, we are better in some very significant ways, but also worse in a few ominous ones. We lack certain manly virtues, qualities on which national survival may hinge.

There is an immutable truth of human nature: When soft people clash with hard people, the soft are vanquished. That is, unless they become hard.

People may laugh. That's crazy, say they, we have the greatest military in the world, the most advanced technology, and a nuclear umbrella. Yes, that's true. But first, I don't claim we'll fall tomorrow, next month, or next year. Even more significantly, though, external enemies would not initiate our undoing. The fact is that no body, no matter how strong, imposing and well-armored, can survive an untreated disease metastasizing rapidly within. The smallest bacteria can kill giants as easily as dwarves.

And that is what ails us. Every time an action designed to preserve western civilization is taken or even proposed, a great internecine battle ensues. We capture combatants on the battlefield and then spend millions in legal fees debating whether to adjudicate their cases in civil or military courts. We rightly scrutinize Imams making a scene at an airport and then spend millions more arguing about so-called "racial profiling." And it's incessant. Every act nowadays, from singling out illegals for deportation and the suspicious for scrutiny to getting swatted by "Tigger" to a six-year-old boy giving a girl a peck on the cheek, is met with hand-wringing and a disproportionate reaction. And far too often litigation results, costing us valuable resources.

And let's be very clear: Every dollar in currency and passion we spend on litigation is one less we have to fight those who would see us in ashes. This means fewer resources - in terms of not just money but also attention and zeal - to secure our borders, ensure domestic tranquility and root out terrorists within and without. A united people would confront threats as a monolithic front; we are expending ourselves fighting a cold civil war. And the end result is that the lawyers get richer, we get weaker, and the hard people, waiting and watching in the darkness, laugh louder.

Lest I be misunderstood, I don't suggest we become the Hunnish Empire. It's noble to recognize that Saddam Hussein's tormentors might have demonstrated more dignity. It's a sign of civilization to expect our troops to behave as professional soldiers, not rampaging warriors. And it's most divine to realize all God's children are valuable in His eyes. But to the excesses of justice, correction or interrogation, we react not with measured admonition but with hysteria. Our civility should be the fruits of manly virtue, but it's the putrescence of pusillanimity.

And here I think of Chesterton's profound description of our condition:

"Nowadays, we have Christian values floating around detached from one another. Consequently, we see scientists who care only about truth but have no pity, and humanitarians who care only about pity but have no truth."

The Muslim world is one extreme, we are the other, the humanitarians who have no truth. Why can't we control seven-year-olds, prosecute a war efficiently or strike fear into the hearts of criminals? It's all for the same reason. We're soft-headed pseudo-humanitarians to whom the kind of action or punishment necessary to deter evil behavior seems medieval. This is why we had a national conniption when teenage vandal Michael Faye was to receive a typical Singaporean punishment, caning, for his misdeeds. We should bear in mind that you can walk Singapore's streets safely in the dark of night. The same cannot be said of ours.

Oh, this is just the price of freedom, some say? They are wrong. This is the price of abused freedom.

You may think I'm missing the boat, that the problem lies not with the weak but with the malicious, those who are the enemy within. And, of course, but for their meddlesome hands, we wouldn't be at this precipice. But a minority tyrannizes only at the deference of the majority. For instance, if enough of us rejected the media that disseminated footage of Abu Ghraib far and wide while refusing to show Muslim beheadings, we'd not have reporters who were more internationalist than nationalist.

And a juxtaposition of Abu Ghraib and Muslim beheadings tells the tale, as too many of us are epitomized by panties while our adversaries are by swords. While they bat nary an eye at the torture of an innocent, we eat ourselves alive over the humiliation of the guilty. But what is truly humiliating is when the hard people laugh, watching the soft people play the fools, bray at one another, and commit cultural suicide.

And make no mistake, they laugh. Why do you think the Mexican government distributed literature instructing its citizens on how to best violate our southern border? Why did Islamists issue advice on how to play the victim card in the American legal system? They don't tolerate such under their dominion, but they know about our lawsuits, protests, pandering politicians and capitulating clergy. They know the game. They know us. And they don't really think we're barbaric or unjust.

They think we're weak and stupid.

Soft people and hard people, two sides of the same world. Of course, we were harder too, a long, long, long time ago. But it would be nice to find that happy medium, something that seems ever elusive. A bane of man is that he jumps from blind prejudice to blind tolerance and back again, without ever making a stopover at the ethereal land known as enlightened distinction.

Will we find it within ourselves to strike that balance? That is doubtful. But what is fairly certain is that we won't much longer have the luxury of being a soft republic. With enemies on both sides of the gate, it's only a matter of time before we see a 9/11 that is not a 9/11, but 9/11 squared. Thus, to use a play on Otto Von Bismarck's metaphor, we can proceed with a velvet glove, but within must lie an iron fist. We have no other choice. Unless, that is, we fancy death a viable option.

Selwyn Duke is a frequent contributor to American Thinker. http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/01/soft_people_hard_peopl... at April 04, 2008 - 12:50:32 AM EDT

• Joves the Instigator 2009/03/30 05:47:00
    Joves the Instigator
    +1
    The majority yes have become soft and, weak. I hear people whine about the most minor of inconviences. When I say something about needing to change government and, how it operrates I get the well tere isnt much you can do about it, pure apathy. Any time somebody dies they set up little memorials and have counselors to help with the grief, a total lack of dealing with reality and, mental toughness. Yeah the country has become a majority of whiny, weak individuals who see people who are actually independent individuals as being vacant ogres.
  • 404 2009/03/29 03:29:24
    404
    +1
    Yes, and what scares me is that the last time we went through a depression, we were a much tougher people.

This is especially scary when looking at just how much we sold ourselves out to GovCo that time.

Now that most of us think a tough time is running out of toilet paper, I'm afraid the majority will swallow just about anything just to get a lump of rice this time.
  • TananaT... 404 2009/03/29 04:35:19
    TananaTrish
    I share the same concern. Hubby is 77, he remembers the last one and that most people lived in agricultural settings and had none of the modern appliances that we have now. I'm 66 and was raised in the mountains most of my younger years and stayed in country settings in my adult years, we live in a small Alaska village now. We know how to can, raise a garden, cook from scratch, cut wood by hand, fix almost anything and definitely how to hunt, what in the hell are these younger folks that have none of these skills going to do when the rice runs out. I fear they'll do exactly as you've so clearly stated.

PS.. I put in 125 rolls of TT... just in case. Leaves just don't cut it and snow definitely doesn't.
  • 404 TananaT... 2009/03/29 04:54:24
    404
    +1
    >> I put in 125 rolls of TT... just in case.

Yeah, I spent considerable time on the road with a band, and although I traveled light, I kept a roll at all times. When the van breaks down on a lonely road at 4:00am, the guy with THAT commodity is KING, I tell ya!
  • 404 404 2009/03/29 12:16:25
    404
    +1
    Come to think of it, paper money DOES have advantages over credit cards and electronic transfers, after all!
  • TananaT... 404 2009/03/29 18:29:26
    TananaTrish
    My hubby used to drive truck on the pipeline days here in Alaska, he was laughing over your remark about the guy having the TT. He and my son who works in Juneau, Alaska as a inspector for the FAA now both have stated how precious that little roll of tree pulp is at times while in the boonies.

Then again that calls for a short story. Son was lead mechanic for a helicopter firm in Juneau who leases out their choppers during the summer for fire spotting and control. A mechanic goes with the deal and accompanies the chopper the whole season. While up in the backside of nowhere the call to nature hit so when they landed the chopper to check out a lightning strike area son grabbed the TT and went looking for the bushes, which are pretty few and far between here. He found a little grove shot in there dropped his drawers and just about when relief was complete and in sight he heard something in the brush behind him. He turned to see a big moose charging for all she was worth. He grabbed his drawers and ran for the nearest tree which he shinnied up post haste.

The trees on tundra are stunted, this one was only about 20 ft high and he's a big guy so he was holding on to the top with all his might as this moose proceeded for the next two hours to try to knock him out of it. Moos...'''

''

The trees on tundra are stunted, this one was only about 20 ft high and he's a big guy so he was holding on to the top with all his might as this moose proceeded for the next two hours to try to knock him out of it. Moose are funny, you never know what they'll do but he couldn't figure out why this one was so intent to knock him out of that tree until he heard a noise coming from the brush where he'd been and out toddled a baby moose not more than a couple of days old.

Yep he'd taken a dump not three foot away from where momma had hid baby. When he got back to the chopper he did so without TT and told the crew if they wanted it they could go get it he wasn't going back in there again no matter how precious that roll is. There were no takers...
  • 404 TananaT... 2009/03/30 00:54:27 (edited)
    404
    +1
    Just goes to show ya there are rougher things than running out of TT.
    ;-)

By the way, speaking of "paper assets," storing paper products is as wise as stocking food. Think about it:

If you had placed a $100 fed note in your mattress 3 years ago, then taken it to Wall-Mart today and bought its worth in toilet paper (and put it in the attic), you would have many more days of enhanced lifestyle quality than had you bought the same products today.

Leave that fed note there long enough and you will wish you had saved it in ONES!

Paper assets, indeed!
  • TananaT... 404 2009/03/30 02:30:42
    TananaTrish
    Maybe that's why their called 'paper ass sets'... one can set on his ass and wipe with paper. Just a warped thought!
  • 404 TananaT... 2009/03/30 03:24:19
    404
    +1
    A warped thought, indeed!

OK: I'm up too late. You're up to late. Let's cut our losses. Unless the moose (or its offspring) chimes in, I think we've beaten this thread like the proverbial dead horse.
  • TananaT... 404 2009/03/30 04:31:34
    TananaTrish
    Still early here in Alaska, we're an hour behind PST. 8:30 and its still light out.
    I've enjoyed the lively repartee. Thanks for your excellent input to my question.
  • AMERAKITA 2008/08/06 01:36:32
    AMERAKITA
    +1
    I think when push comes to shove we know who did this to us!!
  • 404 AMERAKITA 2009/03/30 03:26:22
    404
    +1
    What difference will that make when you're out of toilet paper?
  • byebye ,I love you,gotta go 2008/07/30 11:54:33
    byebye ,I love you,gotta go
    +1
    Soft ,sappy,whiney and demanding .Dependant rather than independant
  • 404 byebye ... 2009/03/30 03:28:48
    404
    +1
    Well said!
  • ~So~Sue~Me~N God JESUS I trust 2008/07/12 03:06:59
    ~So~Sue~Me~N God JESUS I trust
    +1
    if someone disagrees with you they get angry.
    What happened to difference of who we are and stand for what we believe, but not condemn those who are different.
    Stand for what you believe or you will fall for anything.
  • TananaT... ~So~Sue... 2008/07/12 06:26:14
    TananaTrish
    Very well said, thank you Sue!

Trisha
  • 404 ~So~Sue... 2009/03/29 03:32:27 (edited)
    404
    +1
    >>if someone disagrees with you they get angry.

A soft people tend to get VERY testy!
  • ..... 2008/04/21 07:45:30
    .....
    +1
    It doesn't have to stay that way. It shouldn't have ever ended up that way, but we learn from our mistakes.

Two questions come to mind. Can we get over this? Will we get over this?

The first question is fairly easy. This isn't the first time America was soft. We got hard after World War II. We can get hard again.

Now, for the question that troubles me the most. Will we? One only has to look around to have doubts. We're a complacent people. We want the government to take care of us when that's not it's intended duty. We're supposed to be taking care of ourselves. We complain that our jobs are being shipped overseas, but we're not educating ourselves enough to compete any more. We're the special generation. We're all unique. The mundane is too good for us. We need that upper management position, and we need it NOW! We complain about the quality of our schools, but we allow our children to become monsters. We don't accept personal responsibility for anything any more. We want the Mexicans in our country to learn our language and we want the people in the countries we visit to speak our language too. We decry our government as a bunch of f*cking crooks, but do absolutely nothing to correct them when we, in fact, hold all the power to do just that. We want change, but aren't even willing...'""

'

Now, for the question that troubles me the most. Will we? One only has to look around to have doubts. We're a complacent people. We want the government to take care of us when that's not it's intended duty. We're supposed to be taking care of ourselves. We complain that our jobs are being shipped overseas, but we're not educating ourselves enough to compete any more. We're the special generation. We're all unique. The mundane is too good for us. We need that upper management position, and we need it NOW! We complain about the quality of our schools, but we allow our children to become monsters. We don't accept personal responsibility for anything any more. We want the Mexicans in our country to learn our language and we want the people in the countries we visit to speak our language too. We decry our government as a bunch of f*cking crooks, but do absolutely nothing to correct them when we, in fact, hold all the power to do just that. We want change, but aren't even willing to get off the couch to change the channel. We want our entertainment more than anything. Who is the best Jonas Brother is more important than the Bill of Rights. We want reform, but we don't want to pay for it. We would rather sell out completely our liberties for the unattainable promise of "temporary safety".

This is only some of what the rest of the world sees when they describe us as arrogant and stupid. Now, it's up to us.
  • TananaT... ..... 2008/04/21 17:57:46
    TananaTrish
    +1
    VERY well said.. thank you.
  • ..... TananaT... 2008/04/21 18:32:51
    .....
    Thank you, instead, for actually reading all of that.

I rant a lot.

If you liked that, or agreed with it, you would likely appreciate my writings elsewhere.
  • TananaT... ..... 2008/04/21 18:38:53
    TananaTrish
    +1
    agreed.. please feel free to refer.. I'd enjoy.
    again... thanks...
  • ..... TananaT... 2008/04/21 19:04:00
    .....
    +1
    I write at least one essay a day. That's a lot of referals.
  • 404 ..... 2009/03/30 02:18:34
    404
    +1
    ..... said:
    >>moderated...

TananaTrish responded:
    >>VERY well said.. thank you.

..... responded:
    >>moderated...

TananaTrish responded:
    >>agreed.. please feel free to refer.. I'd enjoy. again... thanks...

..... responded:
    >>moderated...

...And now I respond:
    Moderately stated, conservatively answered, liberally moderated, and radically confusing!

...If there was much more done to this, it would not even be in English!

(Gee, I hope THIS post is not ALSO moderated, or there will be no redeeming social value left to the data required to render it, and to take up all this page space!)
  • TananaT... 404 2009/03/30 05:50:27
    TananaTrish
    Isn't it interesting how freedom is touted but not tolerated.
  • Silverback 2008/04/11 19:47:08
    Silverback
    +4
    A majority of us have become soft both in mind and body. People don't live by their convictions and when someone says boo they will change in a heartbeat. The obesity problem can to a large degree traced directly to out snotty opinion of people that earn a living working with their hands. Don't give me the I have a friend crap either, ask what have I told me children and would I want them to do a particular type of work for a living. It only gets worse when you look at the kids on drugs to mellow them out and institutionalize them to be fit for school. Sorry world testostone is a naturally occuring substance and often have meet men that would have been happier doing manual labor to burn off energy, and a good amount of women the same. Right from childhood we start with the my kids, going to be a lawyer/ doctor/ proffessional. Can't get your finger nails dirty, etc. People don't even know where their food, clothes or cars come from anymore.
  • TananaT... Silverback 2008/04/12 05:25:50
    TananaTrish
    +1
    They soon will... and its going to be one hell of a shock!
  • 404 Silverback 2009/03/30 03:34:35
    404
    +1
    >>...testostone is a naturally occuring substance and often have meet men that would have been happier doing manual labor to burn off energy, and a good amount of women the same.

I may be male, but I've always thought there would be a lot fewer fights in bars if men just had a residual amount of alcohol in their bloodstreams, and the bartender served them testosterone. (I mean, you could just cut 'em off when they'd had enough.)
  • Silverback 404 2009/03/30 03:46:24
    Silverback
    +1
    Yeah! And who would you call when you needed to defend our country or if you were in a fire and needed someones help to get out. Take a good look around yourself. Fights there are often caused by weak minds not normal amounts of testosterone.
  • 404 Silverback 2009/03/30 03:56:12
    404
    +2
    "It's a..it's a joke, son!"
    -Foghorn Leghorn
  • Silverback 404 2009/03/30 03:57:56
    Silverback
    +1
    Hope so bud. It always makes me wonder when a guy starts talking about cutting his own nuts off. I though that was line right out of the NOW play book. You had me rattled.
  • 404 Silverback 2009/03/30 04:11:44 (edited)
    404
    +1
    Don't worry, my nuts are fully protected (and not by proxies like soldiers, firefighters, or EMT's).

By the way: in bartender lingo, "cut 'em off" means to stop serving them alcohol, not some haphazard and wanton surgical procedure.

Yeah, I sometimes rattle people. (I happen to think it's good for 'em in the long run.)

...And as to the NOW crowd, I happen to believe that if most men had a little more respect for women, those whores would have never been able to exploit their victims.
  • lady bear 2008/04/11 04:49:38
    lady bear
    +4
    We have become a nation of blaming everyone else for our problems. No one wants to take responsibility for any of their actions. Our children have completly become the ME generation. It is all about immediate satisfaction and gratification. Our youth don't want to work they want the government to give them money so they can waste their days on the phone or playing video games. We walk around so scared that what we believe or have to say will insult or anger the people around you. Our government gives in to what ever other countries want anymore. The most rediculous thing I have seen is S. 845 Safty of Seniors act. http://sodahead.com/group/526... It is a bill intended to reduce the number of elderly people who fall down.
    I want to know just how they can stop them from falling. The people who wanted this are also wanting $20.7 million for it. We are being regulated and watched with everything we do. The problem for us going soft POLITICAL CORRECTNESS. This country is going to hell. It is time to wake up. Maybe someday we will be the 'baddest ass on the block" Hope I live to see it.
  • Erik 2008/04/10 19:01:56
    Erik
    +1
    I think we have. Inanimate tools like guns are considered things to be feared, not only in the wrong hands, but even in your very own. I'm guilty of alot of it myself, I hide it like an adult but on the inside if I don't have a show, game or website to entertain me I get cranky like a kid. People clamor for more government not less, and the ones that don't like it take their solace in doomsday prophecys and divine intervention theorys without even entertaining the notion of what THEY could do.And if it "went down", not only do I think very few people would fight back, but I think those willing would be denied by "proffesional pride" from police and military, arrested for owning a gun and firing it, even if the hive was swarming their front door and waging direct war. Look up British anti-invasion preparations of World War II on wikipedia, that's how a country comes together, but anything along those lines would be laughed out of Congress, lampooned in the media, and might just be considered criminal.
  • TananaT... Erik 2008/04/10 19:18:14
    TananaTrish
    +1
    Personally Erik I think your correct and that's a sad statement about who and what we have become as a people, as a nation. My biggest fear right now isn't the out of control government its the millions of 'emotional kiddies' in adult bodies who are not going to take it well when the economy collapses and it will because it was designed to do so to further coalesce power for the elite and their agenda. Millions of tantrum throwing sudo kiddies isn't a pretty pic no matter how you look at it. The prevalent attitude when denied will become downright dangerous real quick to anyone who says "No!" because their rebellion isn't driven by healthy, just motives rather by self centered entitlement. And I fear that such will be the downfall of the rest of us who stand up for true patriotic reasons.
  • 404 Erik 2009/03/29 03:35:48 (edited)
    404
    +1
    >> Inanimate tools like guns are considered things to be feared, not only in the wrong hands, but even in your very own.

When guns are outlawed, terrorists can get by with box cutters.
  • Dwight Mann 2008/04/10 12:09:21
    Dwight Mann
    +2
    Another name for soft is Liberal, or how about Democrat? Loose morals have caused a real decay in the strength of our Government, and the world wants to capitalize on our weakness. Time to get tough with the rest of the world and show them who is boss, in a very Manly fashion.
  • TananaT... Dwight ... 2008/04/10 19:01:23
    TananaTrish
    +2
    Then you'll be happy to know about Project for a New American Century
    PNAC: signed by Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld, Jeb Bush, Richard Perle, Scooter Libby, et al; and "The National Security Strategy of the United States of America." which states the following.

The official policy of the U.S. government, as proudly proclaimed in this major document, is virtually identical to the policy proposals in the various white papers of the Project for the New American Century and others like it over the past decade.

Chief among them are: 1) the policy of "pre-emptive" war -- i.e., whenever the U.S. thinks a country may be amassing too much power and/or could provide some sort of competition in the "benevolent hegemony" region, it can be attacked, without provocation. (A later corollary would rethink the country's atomic policy: nuclear weapons would no longer be considered defensive, but could be used offensively in support of political/economic ends; so-called "mini-nukes" could be employed in these regional wars.) 2) international treaties and opinion will be ignored whenever they are not seen to serve U.S. imperial goals. 3) The new policies "will require bases and stations within and beyond Western Europe and Northeast Asia."

In short, the Bush Administration seems to see the U.S..."&"'"'"

'
    ''

'

In short, the Bush Administration seems to see the U.S., admiringly, as a New Rome, an empire with its foreign legions (and threat of "shock&awe" attacks, including with nuclear weapons) keeping the outlying colonies, and potential competitors, in line. Those who aren't fully in accord with these goals better get out of the way; "you're either with us or against us."

In other words we've become Empire Builders and the world is our oyster.
    Its not manly to oppress others, to start brushfire wars for power and booty. Its not manly to murder millions in the name of 'freedom, justice and democracy' while here at home we the American people are being deprived of just those items which are our Constitutional rights.

Forget looking any further than DC cause that's where the real terror lays.
  • 404 TananaT... 2009/03/30 05:37:08
    404
    +2
    >>In other words we've become Empire Builders and the world is our oyster.

Who the hell is "we"?

It damn sure isn't US!

The bozos who are implementing this monstrosity have no more allegiance to the USA than the USA does to you or me.

I don't know who's oyster it is, but I'm pretty sure it ain't "ours".
  • TananaT... 404 2009/03/30 05:44:18
    TananaTrish
    Your absolutely correct.
    I need say no more...
  • 404 Dwight ... 2009/03/30 05:27:00 (edited)
    404
    +1
    >>Time to get tough with the rest of the world and show them who is boss, in a very Manly fashion.

That would work just fine if we were really the boss (we're not), or if loose morals had not caused a real decay in our strength (let alone, our government).

The world is capitalizing on our weakness because we are weak, not because we lack manliness.

The truth is that we are so broke that if the Chinese quit sending us boots in return for our worthless dollar, we couldn't march anywhere. That's why Hillary's been over there kissing their sphincters.

2014/09/16 15:39:49