Have racial tensions gone up dramatically since Obama was first elected?

Drue-AFCL 2012/11/21 05:33:26
Related Topics: Obama, Racial

• Chaugan 2012/11/27 03:16:40
    Chaugan
    +1
    Unfortunately, Obama has stirred racial tension, and I believe the reason why is because of the response he got just for being black. Had people omitted color as a reason for voting for the man, and instead cited his qualifications, or their reasoning as to why they thought he was qualified, maybe only a small selection of the real racists of this country would have something to say about it. unfortunately, it seems a lot of people, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, and all others, are a bit tired of hearing people talk about our black president, who is not actually black...
  • troy.r.ivie 2012/11/26 05:48:01
    troy.r.ivie
    +2
    This is nothing but redirection by politicans and the media from issues that really matter. Smoke and mirrors.
  • Chaugan troy.r.... 2012/11/27 03:19:08
    Chaugan
    +11
    Agreed. Elections are popularity contests now. We as a country are trying to prove just how accepting we are now. So if you are a woman, black, anything other than straight, or foreign, people will vote for you for that reason alone just to prove how "accepting" they are. Granted, many of these individuals may be qualified, but this is not the reason a vast majority of them are even considered for any tier of office, state or federal.
  • troy.r.... Chaugan 2012/11/27 04:00:54
    troy.r.ivie
    If the issue was just race, it would be easy to figure out. But there is more to what is going on in this country then just race.
  • Chaugan troy.r.... 2012/11/27 04:35:03
    Chaugan
    I know, but you have to admit that one of the biggest problems is the very question that we are responding to. This country is wounded, and we need to fix ourselves from the ground up.
  • troy.r.... Chaugan 2012/11/27 04:58:29
    troy.r.ivie
    This country is wounded, Not sure if I agree with that statement. The system is corrupt, I would agree with, the system currupts I would agree with. But our system is not wounded, it is flawed. Our system of government has been around for 200 years, so the system of the basic government is not flawed, it is that we have more then just the basic government now, that is flawed. Government fail when they become to large for the burdern on tax payers. This is the cause of most failed societies in history. Corruptions within government is also a cause of many failed governments in history.

See the purpose of government is not to equalize the finincial inequality of the different economic classes. The purpose of government is for the protections of its people and for fair trade within and from outside of this country. To settle difference between the states in reguards to resouces and supplies. and to maintain interstate commers (spelling). To regulate and pervent unfair monopolies in all retail and commercial and utities. To protect the people from unfair labor pratice and unexceptable toxic polittants. To ensure that the individual rights are not out wayed by Corperate greed, or state or local corruption.

But see this is the problem is that many do not understand, and...

But see this is the problem is that many do not understand, and that is what is the purpose of federal state and local governments.

Government is not responsible for feeding the hungry in our out of this country, those are individual responsiblities, government is not responsilble for housing the homeless again these are individual responsibiltities.

Some welfare is needed in our society yes, but the system should not promote life time welfare as it currently does.

Some limited universal medical care for children is needed. but that does not mean life time medical care.

There are many areas at all levels of government that need to have some form of limitations to the berucausy and corruptions within.

Just a few littie tid bits, most law enforcement officer do not know the laws, they are instructed on the enforcement of limited understanding of laws. Simple said cops do not know the law, they know what they were told about the law. But the law and codes of that state are not taught to them.
  • Chaugan troy.r.... 2012/11/27 05:16:05
    Chaugan
    Touche` :), but that is what I meant. It's late, things aren't coming across quite right, but you put it into words for me. I never said that the government should be our crutch at all though.
  • syl troy.r.... 2012/11/27 21:41:48
    syl
    Speaking of cops, because of this (that you spoke of), they have the power to enforce 'the laws'-which they don't know about, however they think is appropiate per occasion, & they are backed up. Right or wrong.

Gov't is so big, it's swamping our country, not only by drowning us in debt by overspending for every pet project, or friends' project, or creating agencies for friends-all on the taxpayers dime, or micro-managing EVERYTHING, & creating new laws constantly, stacked on the old ones, & on the older ones, infinitum..

Obamacare was 2600 pages of legal jargon given to Congress with only 3 days to look at it, before voting!
    If there should be any new criminal law, that should be it-have enough flippin time to read these documents, & have legal analysis if necessary, to understand it, or make it be written in layman's terms, to be easily understood, to begin with.

When our country was first born, they rebelled against the taxation of Britain, & paid dearly to do so.
    Now, we are being taxed to death! Income tax didn't exist before WWII. I'm wondering what taxes DID exist prior to WWII...
    The gov't is refusing to stop overspending. Obama wants to grab what the rich worked hard for, & re-distribute it-socialism. He even wants to start taking part of retired peoples savings acc...
    &

The gov't is refusing to stop overspending. Obama wants to grab what the rich worked hard for, & re-distribute it-socialism. He even wants to start taking part of retired peoples savings accounts! Give me a break!
    We had opportunity to vote him out-why on earth would people vote him back in when he's done nothing for our country except bring more financial ruin, & has invited radical Islam into our nation?
  • troy.r.... syl 2012/11/28 00:25:05
    troy.r.ivie
    Yes the system is corrupt, within our legal syem. Cops can lie to obtain information, That is corrupt in it's self.

In refernce t ObamaCare, That I am against, 2600 pages of wording that most lawyers and doctors could not understad what comes to mind s keep is simple stupid. Most state code/law is less then 2600 pages.

This country was founded on many ideas, the selling point on it according to history was the tax issue. But the truth is there were other issues, mostly living under king's rule and being treated as non citizens of Great Brition.

Income tax came into play I believe after WW1 was a suppost to be a limited time duration for income tax. To the best of my knowledge no other laws hav been passed to legalize income tax sense that time.

Yes I am aware, Obama is very Anti American and pretty much everything he has done to date. I do no support Obama at all.
  • syl troy.r.... 2012/11/28 18:56:48
    syl
    I forgot if it was WWI or WWII, but the idea that was given was that it was to help our war effort. Look at what it's become...

I'm glad you don't support Obama at all-he's a snake in the grass, in my book, & biting America.
  • Reggie☮ 2012/11/22 03:40:21
    Reggie☮
    +1
    IMO yes.
  • Magus BN-0 2012/11/21 23:55:02
    Magus BN-0
    +2
    Racists have gone berserk over the fact that black man is president.
  • unclepat 2012/11/21 23:42:23
    unclepat
    +2
    HELL YEAH. HAVE YOU EVEN READ SOME OF THE POSTS ON THIS SITE SINCE HIS ELECTION???
  • The Way It Is 2012/11/21 22:58:19
    The Way It Is
    Hahaha... ur joking right? i keep wondering when the black people are going to put the white people on cotton plantations...
  • Chaugan The Way... 2012/11/27 03:21:59
    Chaugan
    +6
    Lol! Well, it's not going to happen because many of us still don't know a thing about politics, until that is you place Obama up on a pedestal in front of us. As if that weren't sad enough, many of us will never accept a mixed race person as one of us, until that person becomes president, and then he's black and sipping tea on the front porch with us. I hate that it is this way, but when I say I support Obama, people assume it's because I'm black. I simply figured if we were screwed, who better to go with than the person not screwing over college students and the college bound, such as myself?
  • The Way... Chaugan 2012/11/27 03:24:13 (edited)
    The Way It Is
    Ya he really plays that racial bit. Doesn't he?
    Oh well I truly believe that nobody wants racial equality or we would give up on living on it already lol.
    Obama has done a wonderful job of dividing the country, if Dr. King was still alive I'll bet he'd want to kick Obie's ass.
  • unclepat none 2012/11/21 23:46:01
    unclepat
    +1
    So what white guy was asked about a BC again?
    So what white guy was called a Muslim again?

if Dr. King were alive he'd be the ONLY one with the courage to call out fux news, Rush, O'Reilly and any other conservaturd teabagger!
  • none unclepat 2012/11/23 19:45:20
    No white guy had such a strange past with so much stuff hidden. No white guy had a muslim parent, lived in a muslim country, had muslim mentors, and bowed to a muslim king.
    If Dr King was alive he'd want to kick Obama's ass for taking race relations back decades and ruining so much that he worked so hard for.
    If ignorance is bliss you must be the most blissful person in the country.
  • unclepat none 2012/11/23 20:01:04
    unclepat
    If Dr.King were alive, he'd thank Obama for exposing the undercover racists long after even they themselves thought that equality had finally been achieved!
    And what's with your stereotyping of all Muslims? You think because Bush allowed a few of them to blow up the World Trade Center under his watch makes all of them bad? I guess that logic can be applied to those filthy rich but cheapskate Jews that run the world then, huh?
  • none unclepat 2012/11/24 23:39:13
    +1
    Dr King would see Obama for what he is, a divisive POS and a destroyer of race relations.
    No stereotyping of all Muslims that I can see, just mentioning some of the Muslim related things that involve Obama.
    I really thought you'd be smarter than buying into the whole Jewish conspiracy thing, guess not.
  • Chaugan none 2012/11/27 03:23:12
    Chaugan
    Agreed Unclepat.
  • syl 2012/11/21 20:50:06
    syl
    +1
    Because Obama's administration & media used it constantly in the re-election campaign, whenever it was convenient for them to pull out the race card, they did. And since his campaign was ATTACK & LIE, he lied & said it was the Republicans who were doing it, when in FACT, it was the other way around!

What a disgusting, embarassing, pathetic, dishonest, lying, unpatriotic, atrocious administration-to name just a few....

Since the re-election, he hasn't had to resort to such tactics as much, but we know now-a little-of what he's capable of...
  • unclepat syl 2012/11/21 23:47:21
    unclepat
    +1
    And all you have to do is substitute Obama's name with either McCain or Romney and then you'd make some damn sense.
  • dave b 2012/11/21 19:16:58
    dave b
    +1
    Driven by white Liberals.
  • America... dave b 2012/11/21 23:30:42
    American☆Atheist
    Explain that one.
  • dave b America... 2012/11/22 00:08:27
    dave b
    +1
    Really? The left uses racism as a political tool at every opportunity. Dont try to deny it.
  • America... dave b 2012/11/22 03:23:23
    American☆Atheist
    +1
    Nope, they only call out racism. The right uses the race card though.
  • Næthan Æterna 2012/11/21 17:53:34
    Næthan Æterna
    +1
    Because IDIOT AMERICANS believe whatever Talking Heads tell them because most of us are not smart enough to think for ourselves!
  • mich52 2012/11/21 17:53:04
  • Næthan ... mich52 2012/11/21 17:55:11
  • mich52 Næthan ... 2012/11/21 22:57:00
  • Næthan ... mich52 2012/11/21 23:26:53
    Næthan Æterna
    +1
    Just because the majority spoke and chose a direction doesn't make it the right direction. We'll see. This division tactic being used to divide our Nation sure is working on you like a charm! Cheers
  • mich52 Næthan ... 2012/11/21 23:46:58 (edited)
  • Tom Trojan 2012/11/21 17:25:14
    Tom Trojan
    +1
    Thanks to certain people like Chris Matthews, and the Congressional Black Caucus, the Race Card is being played now more than ever......
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/11/21 17:05:50
    Lerro DeHazel
    The Election is over . . . There shouldn't be any kind of tension anywhere . . .
  • BigEyedFish 2012/11/21 16:43:25
    BigEyedFish
    Yes because any opposition is seen as racism
  • scottcleaves 2012/11/21 16:38:34
    scottcleaves
    Nope, not where I live. They've gone down.
  • David 2012/11/21 16:29:25
    David
    I would not say dramatically but they have to a moderate degree. The tattered, overused race card was whipped out by more pundits and media hacks on the Left than you can shake a stick at. This administration is the most far left we have ever had and one of the Left's tactics is to drive wedges between people and use race to answer questions to problems instead of actually looking for the answers. Once a people are divided they are more easily brainwashed and manipulated. It's an old tactic really. I honestly think the media makes much more of it than there really is.
  • WankerBait 2012/11/21 16:03:36
    WankerBait
    +3
    For the racists ...

2014/07/25 13:52:23