Have President Obama's economic policies helped make the economy rebound?

ϟM̈ öp̈ëdërϟ 2012/02/16 13:20:59

SLIDESHOW: President Obama's Record on Jobs

1 of 6

President Obama's Record on Jobs - Obama for America 2012 Ad - February 2012

1. President Obama's Record on Jobs - Obama for America 2012 Ad - February 2012

2. <

<

3. <

<

4. <

<

5. <

<

6. <

<

“For the first time since 1990, American manufacturers are creating new jobs,” Obama said at a Master Lock facility in Milwaukee on Tuesday, February 15, 2012. “That’s good for the companies, but it’s also good up and down the supply chain.”

Obama’s claim — an apparent bright spot in a sea of still gloomy economic news — is corroborated by government statistics, which show an undeniable rebound for manufacturers during his term, both in terms of productivity and employment of American workers.

When Obama took office in January 2009, unemployment in the manufacturing sector stood at 10.9 percent and spiked to 13 percent a year later, according to the Labor Department. But in the two years since, unemployment has fallen precipitously, now holding at 8.3 percent in January 2012.

3 7million jobs created since jan 2009

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/barack-obama...

• Sissy 2012/02/16 13:49:54
    Sissy
    +18
    And just think what MIGHT have been accomplished had the republican leadership rolled up their sleeves in '08 and worked with this President to clean up the mess they largely created? What's burning them now is that slowly but surely we are beginning to see a ray of hope and they can take absolutely no credit for any of it.

• tea for... Common ... 2012/02/16 17:40:07
    tea for you
    +2
    not to zombies
  • Common ... tea for... 2012/02/16 19:23:52
    Common Sense Conservative
    Great, thanks for letting me know I'm not a zombie in your eyes.

Brilliant!!!
  • cutter's falls 2012/02/16 14:21:17
  • S. Gompers 2012/02/16 14:13:38
    S. Gompers
    +5
    No sign of growth where I live, just more closings, crime, foreclosure, and homelessness...
  • l 2012/02/16 14:09:13
    l
    +4
    I want that pipe- line coming into the States from Canada! In my mind it's a no- brainer.
    The Canadians are now making a deal with China! How does this make sense?
  • The Ele... l 2012/02/16 14:26:17
    The Electrician
    +3
    You should watch C-span. You're mind has NO brains attached to it ?
  • l The Ele... 2012/02/16 15:20:15
    l
    Can you comment on why you disagree with my comments?
  • The Ele... l 2012/02/17 02:45:58
    The Electrician
    I just did, your comments are not based on any facts, if you want the facts watch C-span. I'll even admit that on occasion, I didn't check facts and was wrong. That's why, I check the facts first. That way we don't get into arguing and nothing gets solved.
  • Bingo's Faddah 2012/02/16 14:05:42
    Bingo's Faddah
    +3
    Thanks for the laugh! Just ask those screwed out of their homes, jobs and savings by the Bush/Obama good old boys.
  • mich52 2012/02/16 13:58:37
  • cutter'... mich52 2012/02/16 14:16:44
  • mich52 cutter'... 2012/02/16 14:47:46
  • cutter'... mich52 2012/02/16 15:05:56
  • mich52 cutter'... 2012/02/16 15:16:46
  • cutter'... mich52 2012/02/16 15:32:44
  • Common ... mich52 2012/02/16 15:34:43
    Common Sense Conservative
    Please show year by year numbers under Bush and then show year by year numbers under Hussein Obama. While you are at it, show year by year numbers for Congress (Dem vs Rep) during Bush's watch and then show year by year numbers for Congress (Dem vs Rep) under Hussein Obama's watch.
  • mich52 Common ... 2012/02/16 15:44:50
  • Common ... mich52 2012/02/16 17:39:14
    Common Sense Conservative
    That's not it.

Brilliant!!!
  • Headhunter 13 2012/02/16 13:56:53
    Headhunter 13
    +1
    What real economic policies. Corporation and small business caused the rebound. The vast majority of the jobs and economic increases came from corporations and small business who got no help from obama or the government. And yes I know what I am speaking about I own a recruiting firm and saw the decline and know what is now driving my business and profit and growth
  • perks-a real PATRIOT 2012/02/16 13:52:03
    perks-a real PATRIOT
    +8
    LMAO, anybody that believes any of the lies coming from dumbo and the commie dems are........well liberal nitwits!!
  • Jimbo perks-a... 2012/02/16 14:41:00
    Jimbo
    +3
    LMAO, anybody that believes any of the lies coming from dumbo Boehner, McConnell, Ryan, Cantor, the GOP presidential clown car and the freedom taking state GOPers are........well conservative nitwits!!
  • perks-a... Jimbo 2012/02/16 14:43:22
    perks-a real PATRIOT
    Why would I expect anything less from the brain dead, just say back at responsible people what they just pointed out about communist irresponsible nitwits......sounds like a childs playground tactic to me!!
  • Jimbo 2012/02/16 13:50:38
  • Headhun... Jimbo 2012/02/16 14:00:53
    Headhunter 13
    Actually there has been little to no job creation. Right now I have 28 open corporate level engineering jobs at a client (a Fortune 500 company that did no hiring for the last 3 years until late last year) based not on anything the government did or obama but on retirement. Neither obama nor the government can create private sector jobs
  • Jimbo Headhun... 2012/02/16 14:28:55
    Jimbo
    +6
    When you set the table for manufacturring jobs to go overseas by writeoffs of foreign taxes, moving costs of factories, 28 jobs instead of thousands exist. Financials went from 21% to 40% of GDP and college courses taken reflect those jobs being available. From the president's first signed buget date Oct. 1, 2009, over 3 million private secotr jobs have been created. GM & Chrysler went from probable liquidation to 12% and 22% sales increases over the past year. Any look at failed trickle down, no regulation use by 3 president shows a S&L failure, a 90-91 recession, a financial meltdown that lost 8 million private sector jobs in the last year of a Dubya signed budget. The budget ending Sep, 30, 2008 was a CR, the GOP 2007 budget.
  • Headhun... Jimbo 2012/02/16 14:43:47
    Headhunter 13
    ROFLMAO. You argument goes back over 40 years and is irrelevant to the current situation actually. Please show where and what those 3 millions jobs are because apparently most unemployed Americans can not find them Please lease out the minimum wage and McDonald jobs. BTW College courses being taken have little to do with job figures in reality. BTW Chrysler is no longer an American company and neither they or GM are hiring in the US. But GM did take the stimulus money and open new plants in Mexico and hired there.

Maybe you should look at and talk to people in the actual employment areas instead of blindly accepting what the government says. All your argument is based on biased numbers that do not reflect the entire picture.

You do realize that created means new jobs that never existed right?
  • Jimbo Headhun... 2012/02/16 15:11:22 (edited)
    Jimbo
    +4
    Courses taken in college, factories being outsourced has nothing to do with current job problems! ROFLMAO. Even conservatives can't make statements that stupid and believe what they wrote.

Since Stimulus money began hitting the economy, the date of the first signed by president Obama budget Oct. 1, 2009, over 3 million private sector jobs were created. For the year before 8 million private sector jobs were lost. Some conservatives drink all the kool aid out there, this progressive does not. The last year of a Clinton signed budget saw the loss of 2 million private sector jobs. Dubya was not handed a bed of roses.
  • Headhun... Jimbo 2012/02/16 15:50:47
    Headhunter 13
    Maybe a reading comprehension course and you stopping to mainline the koolaid will help. First off I am not a mindless conservative or a brain dead liberal. But a very well educated (including Masters and PhD level work in
    socio-political economics) thinking Independent that actually works in the Employment industry for the last 26 years. BTW 3 million from 8 million is not a gain but a loose. What you think you see is an accumulation of bad policies by the left and the right going back to kennedy.

Do you know the difference between the koolaid drinks on the right and ones on the left like you. You both drink the koolaid and are to simple minded to realize the only difference is whether it is red or blue
  • Jimbo Headhun... 2012/02/16 16:07:35 (edited)
    Jimbo
    +4
    I don't brag about credentials, I prove my points with facts. You of course are wrong about college affecting employment, government creating jobs.
    Mr. Masters may need a course in internet searching. Start with college educated and not unemployment figures. Then FDR WWII spending and job creation. JFKs man to the moon technologies is another job creator. Any economist will tell you policy changes take months to hit the economy to circulate money. The housing bubble took 5 years to build as trillions in new housing equity doubled home prices from 2001-2006. Banks leveraging 30-1 selling mortgage backed securities took months to burst the bubble with margin calls from creditors requiring TARP. Kool aid on the right is trickle down, no regulation that failed 3 presidents (S&L; failure, 90-91 recession, the great recession losing 8 million jobs in the last year of a Dubya signed budget), will work if tried one more time. This progressive does not drink left kool aid. In the last year of a Clinton signed budget the economy lost 2 million jobs. Dubya was not handed a bed of roses.

Anytime you wish to debate me come prepared, I am very well informed on history and current events.
  • Headhun... Jimbo 2012/02/16 16:13:40
    Headhunter 13
    ROFLMAO. Only if your definition of well informed is being told what to think. Again reading comprehension and actual thinking should be required before you make a further ass of yourself. Quick your daily dose of ignorance is waiting in the koolaid line. BTW I do not debate the ignorant, misinformed or the mentally challenged so this is over. Bye bye now the bus is waiting for you
  • LarryFine Jimbo 2012/02/16 14:46:15
    LarryFine
    Want to know what's in our GDP? Gas prices. What have gas prices been doing? Rising. What else rises with fuel price increases? Food prices; another large component of growth.
  • Jimbo LarryFine 2012/02/16 15:14:37
    Jimbo
    +4
    For the ignorant not regulating markets saw gas hit an alltime US high of $4.05/gallon in the summer of 08 when pennies on the dollar futures bid up the oil price to $140/bbl. We were using a million bbls less than in 06 and the storage tanks were near full. Banks pumped trillions in new housing equity from 2001-2006 doubling home prices in a record short time putting 20% of mortgages underwater. The Dubya tax cuts were not reinvested here and the only job growth came from a housing bubble built that took down our economy.
  • LarryFine Jimbo 2012/02/16 15:42:29
    LarryFine
    Regulating markets?? So, when oil comes out of the middle east at $110/barrel, you want the government to ficticiously price it at $60??? Or, maybe you are for drilling in OUR back yard where we can actually have some say about the cost of oil we consume.

Banks did not create inflated home prices, regulators providing easy money caused the housing bubble.

And, please share with us how a sitting president gets tax CUTS to be reinvested? Do you mean in the form of loans to green energy companies that go bankrupt or GE whose CEO sits on some economic council and moves his green jobs to China with the pResidents blessing? How a GM built green car that require $10,000 subsidies just to get somebody interested in buying one? Are those the type of reinvestments you are referring to?
  • LarryFine 2012/02/16 13:50:19
    LarryFine
    +5
    Under Obama's recovery, you got laid off 2 years ago and traded your $100k engineering job for an $18k fast food delivery job. It doesn't really matter that you suffered economically under this clown. His drones just add and subtract numbers to get charts like the one above.
  • Sissy 2012/02/16 13:49:54
    Sissy
    +18
  • LarryFine Sissy 2012/02/16 13:58:40
    LarryFine
    +5
    You get the MORON award of the day. Let me ask you this; What the hell was his problem when he OWNED DC for almost two years. There was NOTHING stopping him from doing ANYTHING he wanted to improve the economy. He did NOTHING except hand out payback money to his union and banker buddies.

We are seeing NO ray of hope. The masses that got dumped in to unemployment during his first two years (including me) are now out of benefits and no longer counted in his ficticious unemployment stats.

What got us in to the mess was a liberal created housing crisis driven out of the corruption and lax oversight by Barnie (I love my Fannie) Frank and Chris (Countrywide) Dudd. Free houses for all and no accountability broke the largest economic driver in our nation. And, liberals blocked every attempt to investigate the coverup.
  • Sissy LarryFine 2012/02/16 14:12:41 (edited)
    Sissy
    +6
    I would rather be called a "moron" for voicing an opinion than a uncivil, disrespectful, arrogant jerk who is totally incapable of carrying on a decent discussion. Run along now and when you can mature enough to voice an opinion and discuss it rationally, come back and maybe we can try this again, or maybe not.
  • LarryFine Sissy 2012/02/16 14:30:29
    LarryFine
    It was a stupid comment based on my response to you. Why don't you come back with facts and tell my why I am a moron for stating the facts I posted rather than the this lame response. Give me your best shot.
  • ProudPr... LarryFine 2012/02/16 16:33:20
    ProudProgressive
    +5
    Come up with actual facts instead of tired retreads of discarded right wing talking points and maybe people won't consider you a moron.
  • LarryFine ProudPr... 2012/02/16 16:47:01
    LarryFine
    I have. You just need to have somebody read them for you.

2014/07/22 09:24:29