Has Hurricane Sandy Affected You?

Chris D 2012/10/30 19:00:00
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is yelling at people and the power went off for hundreds of thousands of people as Hurricane Sandy created havoc in much of the Northeastern U.S. Did the storm have any affect on you personally?

Hurricane Sandy NYC NewYork Hurricane NYC Taxis

• seance 2012/11/07 13:15:51
    seance
    YES it has very funny how all the states that have the heavest damage all swong to Commrad Muslim Obama!!!
  • flrdsgns 2012/11/04 05:03:51
    flrdsgns
    No, I live on the west coast
  • Golden Panther 2012/11/03 17:49:24
    Only indirectly
    Golden Panther
    I am very concerned it has affected the upcoming election. It gives the cretin obumavich an opportunity to "act" presidential even though he does not the meaning of the word. However, his mendacious staff will point out the steps to him and the teleprompters will place the lies in his ugly mouth.
  • tiff 2012/11/02 16:05:15
    Only indirectly
    tiff
    +1
    I live in Texas, so fear is in my mind. After all the Hurrican only had to do is turn south, then we would had suffered.
  • DJ Lou 2012/11/02 14:28:36
    Only indirectly
    DJ Lou
  • Broddy 2012/11/02 14:27:25
    Broddy
    Yes it has it has given me a Migraine listening to the constant whine of the NE Americans who got hit by a Disaster for the first time in what a decade? Wild Fires,Hurricanes,Tornadoes and Flooding take place every year in this country and the NJ/NY'ers could care less they are just "Fly over states" not to mention Mud slides and Earth Quakes Yeah Ca i got your back too you liberal goons.

Maybe those People in NY/NJ need to put some BIG BOY PANTS On and get the hell over it you pack that many people in to such a small area things are bound to happen kind of like building a City BELOW sea-level then wondering how come it flooded.... NATURE FOOLS! Hell Nature created the Grand Canyon do the freakin math.
  • Jayfeather Broddy 2012/11/02 15:43:08 (edited)
    Jayfeather
    +1
    Can I report you for inhumanity? 8 million people lost power, we're looking at well over 100 billion in economic, property, and environmental damages. And what about those who lost their lives? A storm this big has never hit us before.
  • Broddy Jayfeather 2012/11/03 05:10:24
  • Jayfeather Broddy 2012/11/03 19:20:53
    Jayfeather
    I hate the go-go rat race of modern society. That's why I live in a small town. And i think humanity has it coming too. That doesn't mean i should stop caring. Life is sacred, even though OUR life needs to change.
  • Broddy Jayfeather 2012/11/03 22:02:14
    Broddy
    I never said i did not care about those that died or where hurt, what i said is i am tired of hearing about it i mean how many people died in all the states effected by it was it 16? think that was the last number i have heard more then that can die in 1 tornado in the middle American states with no warning no preparation time i knew about sandy and where it was projected to strike a week before it landed so what damn excuse to these people have for standing around waiting for it?

It was a disaster partly due to the huge amount of people that "choose" to live in that sardine can sized area that for the most part does not get touched by natural disasters were as the rest of the country generally deals with them all the time.
  • Artemis ~PHAET 2012/11/02 09:03:23
    Artemis ~PHAET
    +2
    About three feet of snow was dumped on my area. My fiance and I packed up our pet and left town Tuesday night. We're staying with friends in an unaffected area for now. Our town has no power and no water. At least one person we knew is dead. I've not been in contact yet with any of my family either. There was flooding where my grandparents live, and my mother lives in the boonies. I've no idea how any of them are.
  • MR. 2012/11/02 05:41:40
    MR.
    +1
    What does it take to affect all Americans deeply? Something like this! I have family in the region, and thank God, all are safe and well. Sympathy, empathy and sincere compassion for any disaster victims, is America's badge of honor and key signature! *(God Bless you all, who have, will and are helping our neighbors and fellow Americans through this hurricane Sandy, tragety! Thank You, from my heart!)
  • Nomie 2012/11/02 05:24:37
    Only indirectly
    Nomie
    +1
    Not physically. I just hurt for those suffering in so many different ways. It may have affected an order I had coming this month. I received an e-mail telling me it may. However I won't need it until next month (cat food), so I asked that they push the order into December.
  • gilbertgosane 2012/11/02 05:20:21
    Only indirectly
    gilbertgosane
    ABC pre-empted Jeopardy for storm coverage and no Daily Show or Colbert Report for 2 days, but other than that, no.
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/11/02 05:19:36
    Only indirectly
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    Up here in Maine all we saw was the outer bands of the storm. We had a windy night and some rain. We got off very easy.
  • \V/ 2012/11/02 05:12:02
  • James 2012/11/02 04:25:12
    James
    +1
    I went through it, but it didn't do too much towards me.
  • bonnie.mutchler 2012/11/02 01:42:43
    Only indirectly
    bonnie.mutchler
    +1
    I think it is just another proof that global warming, man made or not, is a real problem and we need to start preparing for the changes that are coming instead of waiting until the last minute
  • tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA 2012/11/02 01:09:01
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    No flooding, but lost power for three days.
  • Lucy 2012/11/02 00:54:27
    Lucy
    +1
    We were going to spend the winter at the Jersey shore.
  • Leah Rose 2012/11/01 22:16:19
    Leah Rose
    +1
    Very little, but yes. It mostly just rained with strong winds, but a few trees went down aswell.
  • bmacklowe 2012/11/01 19:42:54
    Only indirectly
    bmacklowe
    +1
    I have been affected minimally. Public transportation has been stalled and my power was down for a short time, but I don't feel that the storm had a major affect on me. Compared to many others, I got through the storm virtually unscathed.
  • MiinaNiemi03 2012/11/01 19:26:05 (edited)
    MiinaNiemi03
    +1
    Not in Europe, but I feel for the people affected.
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/01 19:24:27
    Only indirectly
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    As a tax paying citizen, the guv will make sure I'll help pay for recovery of this disaster.
  • JustBeingAtPeace 2012/11/01 17:54:43
    JustBeingAtPeace
    +1
    Just worried for people I know. Been through many storms having grown up so close to the gulf of mexico myself. I feel for them..
  • Kozmo 2012/11/01 17:31:29
    Only indirectly
    Kozmo
    Great solace that I'm not living there but we've had our share of trouble on this side of the continent. Ask California if you doubt.

The remnants of Typhoon Freda paid the Wet Coast a visit in 1962.
    The Good Friday quake in Alaska sent a tsunami to port Albernia in 1964 but no-one got hurt as an alarm was sounded (why none for Boxing Day 2004?).
    Nearby Mt. Baker could've done a Mt. St. Helen's (1980) on us in 1975 but quieted down instead.
    Just this week, there was a 7.7 earthquake nearby but no damage was reported.
    Odd, a 6.9 near Olympia (half the distance.) a decade ago was more destructive.

Real Estate motto: Location! Location! Location!
  • Mehuldera 2012/11/01 16:54:10
    Only indirectly
    Mehuldera
    +1
    The worst of it went south of us. We had hard wind (speed 46 at out local airport) the first night with a little rain and have had some rain every day since then but we were very luck here in northern NY state.
  • Jarod Kochman 2012/11/01 16:52:29 (edited)
  • Cortland 2012/11/01 15:31:46
    Cortland
    +1
    Transunion was closed due to the storm which effected the documentation that my underwriter needed to close on my home loan so now I'm having to wait even longer to close.
  • lori 2012/11/01 13:55:27
    Only indirectly
    lori
    +1
    I was born and raised in Florida and have been though my share of hurricanes. I will know what those people are going though.
  • the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/01 13:18:52
    Only indirectly
    the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Friends from Back East. they know that i have been through a few hurricanes like Sandy
  • redneck 2012/11/01 12:14:26
    Only indirectly
    redneck
    +2
    I live in upstate New York,I have a mess in my yard to clean up .A tree fell and just missed my barn,so all is well here.I pray for those who were in Sandy's path,and hope every one is safe and things will get back to normal for you soon.I have seen the photos of lower Manhatten and the Jersey shore ,for some things will never normal because the damage from the surge the landscape has ben changed for ever.Food water and help is on the way ,The Air force reserve airlift wing should be there already with two AC 130's full of supplies,many churches and other groups are sending food supplies as well as help.Upstate won't forget all the help with the last October storm that came form you all,God bless and hang in there your not alone .
  • Katie 2012/11/01 11:34:06
    Only indirectly
    Katie
    +1
    A lot of the networking stuff my school uses is based in New York, so there are a lot of problems with that right now.
  • Annette 2012/11/01 10:54:12
    Annette
    +1
    At least not yet - still waiting for confirmation from various friends and family in her path.
  • jerry.alan.carroll 2012/11/01 08:58:13
    Only indirectly
    jerry.alan.carroll
    +1
    because of friends and family on the east coast
  • Jayfeather 2012/11/01 08:57:54
    Jayfeather
    +2
    I live in Seaside Park, NJ. Our boardwalk was wrecked. Finding work will be hard this summer, and our biggest industry- tourism- will be all but gone until we fix things.
  • Lucy Jayfeather 2012/11/02 00:56:04
    Lucy
    +1
    I am so sorry. I am going to go to Wall Township anyway for the winter.
  • Jayfeather Lucy 2012/11/02 15:49:16
    Jayfeather
    +2
    I appreciate the sympathies. I have personally gone through worse, but my heart goes to those in need due to nature's wrath.
  • Pete 2012/11/01 04:22:47
    Pete
    +2
    I live across the continent from states affected by Sandy, but I have been very concerned about fellow Americans who have been devastated by Sandy's effects and especially about a friend in Rhode Island. We are all Americans, and what happens to part of us affects all of us.
  • LHL 2012/11/01 03:33:20
    Only indirectly
    LHL
    +1
    Just a windy storm so not really.

2014/08/01 07:56:13