Has Congress lost its mind or is it me?

Diane T 2009/07/24 15:42:13
YES  Congress has lost its mind
NO Its us  that have lost our  minds
Undecided comment
Part of the budget FY 2010 is going to pay for AIDS testing of prostitutes in Thailand.
How long has this type of funding been going on. (I checked in on CSPAN house to see whats up today and heard this. Not believing what I was hearing checked it out.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/20/nih-spends-study-p...
Also you will see other "worthy" spending..HA Such as $2.6 million to study to get prostitutes in China to drink less! Have we lost our (censored) minds?
P.S. Please Libs read this and learn just how far out of control the Government is.

• Marline 2009/07/24 15:52:23
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    Marline
    +7
    To add to this, Obama's Health Care Reform will allow illegals to receive health care benefits. I think they all lost their brains. health care reform illegals receive health care benefits lost brains

• meeee 2009/08/08 22:54:19
    NO Its us that have lost our minds
    meeee
    +1
    LOL My Mind has never been sounder.
  • Diane T meeee 2009/08/08 23:24:49
    Diane T
    Now we have to let " them" know!! Perhaps if "they" see a Dr about "their" cranial annul inversion there might be some help.
  • carlene 2009/07/26 03:02:31 (edited)
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    carlene
    +2
    Congress has no sense of reality. They are desparately out of touch with the real world. They are clueless. They think their job is to spend money. So they are spending money on anything it doesnt matter what. Just so they keep spending at a frenzied pace. Problem is its my money they are spending and I desparately want them to stop and give me my money back.
  • Diane T carlene 2009/07/28 19:54:54
    Diane T
    +1
    I have been doing a ton of reading lately.. The true intention of America and Freedom to what it has become today..Including this attitude about a Supreme Court justice. For over 100 years the Supreme Court did keep govt in check..
    This business of earmarks and pork, Is TOTALLY unconstitutional yet "they" have found a way around it. The tenth Amendment in the Constitution prohibits the Fed govt to intrude on states rights well, How did the Fed govt get the right to fund projects that specifically benefit only individual states?
  • MiamiDadeMilitia 2009/07/25 16:11:41
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    MiamiDadeMilitia
    +2
    Well all this inflated money has to go somewhere.
  • Diane T MiamiDa... 2009/07/25 16:25:19
  • MiamiDa... Diane T 2009/07/25 16:26:24
    MiamiDadeMilitia
    +2
    I like the picture. Brings my words to life
  • Diane T MiamiDa... 2009/07/28 19:55:58
    Diane T
    +2
    Thanks. I have a copy of the constitution that I keep telling hubby if he runs short of tp paper. Why not the politicians do it daily!
  • Boudicca Diane T 2009/08/02 02:05:38
    Boudicca
    +2
    That picture speaks a thousand words!
  • Diane T Boudicca 2009/08/02 02:50:00
    Diane T
    +2
    Unforetunately
  • Poetic Warrior 2009/07/24 22:08:53
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    Poetic Warrior
    +3
    Yes I had already heard about this, it is crazy how they waste our money on stupid crap like this. congress lost mind heard crazy waste money stupid crap
  • Diane T Poetic ... 2009/07/25 16:06:08
    Diane T
    +3
    You try to come up with a doable list for Congress EC Term limits etc no matter how hard one tries the list is LONG.
  • Poetic ... Diane T 2009/07/25 21:32:57
    Poetic Warrior
    +1
    True, very true
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    +1
    waste of money.....
  • Diane T Lady Wh... 2009/07/25 16:06:24 (edited)
    Diane T
    +1
    Thanks for your comment (edit for typo)
  • davyd god loving patriot 2009/07/24 18:33:12
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    davyd god loving patriot
    +3
    sounds like you missed the $700 million going to horses and burros, don't forget the $400 million per year going overseas to fund abortion, only God knows how much of our tax money they waste
  • Diane T davyd g... 2009/07/25 16:09:29
    Diane T
    +4
    So true.. so when "they" use the word study does that mean a friend of theirs wants a vacation in China or Thailand? Or some kind of political favor.
    So how to do you deal with that? NO bill can having anything that isn't related to the main bill is not allowed? Then theres the FY budget??
  • belle 2009/07/24 17:39:20
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    belle
    +2
    No you are okay, it is congress congress lost mind congress that is insane for sure.
  • carlene belle 2009/07/26 03:05:56
    carlene
    +3
    Have you ever seen a more obvious collection of loons. Look at that picture. They are nuts. All of them.
  • Diane T carlene 2009/07/28 19:57:13
    Diane T
    +1
    So TRUE and frightening. Self serving, arrogant elitists! Those are the nice words.
  • jking 2009/07/24 17:31:19
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    jking
    +5
    WTF? (The budget FY 2010 is going to pay for AIDS testing of prostitutes in Thailand). No you have not lost your mind, but I may if we keep letting Obama take our country down a road of debit that we can never pay back, and pass it on to our kid’s & our grandchildren. mind letting obama country road debit pay pass kids grandchildren
  • Diane T jking 2009/07/25 16:11:33
    Diane T
    +2
    The sad part is this is NOT new. I wonder just how long all this C$AP has been going on. Go to DC while "they" are away, LOCK the doors..when they come back hand them ALL 30 day performance pink slips. do this or you are FIRED!
    On the up side apparently Sotomayors confirmation is being put off.
  • jking Diane T 2009/07/25 18:37:40
    jking
    +3
    (I wonder just how long all this C$AP has been going on.)
    ----------

From what I've seen since the late 60's & early 70's!

(Sotomayors confirmation?) Just put on the back burner till they can get a grip on this health care MESS they’re in. After that she'll be put in place, no matter what the people want. DAMN shame.
  • Diane T jking 2009/07/25 21:15:31
    Diane T
    +2
    Sure is FDR called it packing the Supreme Court..
    I hope and pray when these butt go home for their break we all give them hell over health care and whatever else. We the people are going to have to babysit these guys.
  • *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP 2009/07/24 17:29:55
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +2
    Actually, Congress hasn't lost its mind. It was given to the liberal Spendocrats, and this is what they always do.

A Vote for any democrat is an approval of their wasting your money, time, and your offsprings future. mind liberal spendocrats vote democrat approval wasting money offsprings future
  • Diane T *Danno*... 2009/07/25 16:14:16
    Diane T
    +3
    And the Repubs did any better? There certainly is enough "blame" to go around
    Time for a real "change" Sadly I can only guess thats what people wanted and instead it was all LIES . Buyers remorse. Seems most of "them " are waking up because WE The People have gotten in their face..My Dem Rep sent me a letter finally to tell me she is supporting HR1207! WOW Now we have to keep the pressure on now and forever!
  • *Danno*... Diane T 2009/07/25 18:44:03
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +3
    Let's compare. Obama pisses away [latest figures] 14 TRILLION, little of which is being used to shore up our economy.

Bush RETURNED Millions to the people who pay taxes as well as extra money for families with children. That stopped when Congress was given to the democrats back in 2006 though.

Yes. Bush did much better IMHO, and that really isn't saying much for Bush. Instead it is a reflection on the disaster which is Obama.. stopped congress democrats 2006 bush imho bush reflection disaster obama

Don't go into the wars as Obama has continued the Bush policies.
  • Diane T *Danno*... 2009/07/25 21:19:02
    Diane T
    +2
    I love Bush he knew what a President is..Towards the end he couldn't win with the Congress full of Dems.
    O and his shadow govt. is: overwhelm the system. Put the people in such a position they beg govt to take over.
    N.J. and VA have a chance to get the ball rolling this year they have elections.
  • *Danno*... Diane T 2009/07/25 22:25:31
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +1
    Now you are talking!

I always find relevant women to be just that sexy ... talking relevant women sexy
  • Diane T *Danno*... 2009/08/02 02:50:52
  • Boudicca Diane T 2009/08/02 02:10:56
    Boudicca
    +1
    Thank you, Diane! Too many people are afraid to voice any admiration for Bush. And Laura embodied what a First Lady should be.
  • Diane T Boudicca 2009/08/02 02:58:06
    Diane T
    +1
    Right after 9/11 when he went to NY and made his speech. Now thats a president! We were on the road vendors living in our motorhome. we were in Mass when it happened. our son called on the phone from his work to ask if we were in WWIII? NO parent wants to hear that. we all cried. For the following two weeks we headed for a Harley rally in GA everyone and everything was so somber. The normal rowdy rally was quiet, That Sat? the bikes were lined up outside for a parade. Quietly
    Then it came over the radios one by one in the hall that we had bombed Afghanistan. The radios were turned up people cheered the news sent outside to the bikers you could hear the hollering and horns honking!!
    Funny how we can recognize physical attacks yet this subtle quiet take over of our government without one shot being fired is very strange to witness. SAD and strange. We are living history and don't seem to get it. We must we have to be the generation that saved America or she will be lost. Just as sure as we would fight an enemy from without we must fight this enemy within
  • Boudicca Diane T 2009/08/02 06:40:56
    Boudicca
    +1
    Beautifully said, I think, and so sad. His NY speech was American and amazing. How many have forgotten 9/11 was just a few brief years ago; how many too have forgotten the brand of hatred that was behind it?
  • Diane T Boudicca 2009/08/02 19:16:21
    Diane T
    +1
    Was behind it and still is! Iran holding 3 tourists now. Israel being left out in the cold..
  • Boudicca Diane T 2009/08/05 01:49:04
    Boudicca
    +1
    "STILL is!" You are CERTAINLY right. (PS: Loved your comments about "buyers' remorse" and "self-serving arrogant elitists")!!!
  • IndyLinda 2009/07/24 17:01:38
    YES Congress has lost its mind
    IndyLinda
    +3
    Did they ever really have individual minds??? Or are they like the Borg Collective? Just picture Pelosi in this getup after her next round of plastic surgery. mind individual minds borg collective picture pelosi getup plastic surgery
  • Diane T IndyLinda 2009/07/25 16:14:42
    Diane T
    +2
    Leave it to you lindy LMAO
  • The Sane One 2009/07/24 16:46:01
    The Sane One
    This sort of funding has been going on for decades...

plus, seeing how diseases are spread is generally a good thing, if we wish to prevent the same thing from happening here.

Look at the budgets under both Bush 41 and 43, as well as Reagan and Clinton.

You'll see that all of them had these sort of grants.
  • Diane T The San... 2009/07/25 16:17:01
    Diane T
    +1
    i agree with the fact this has been going on. BUT don't we have our own pros here in U.S. I bet homeless people could make good use of that money.
    This needs to end. Add up ll these FAVORS and it s quite a chunk of change.
  • Captain America 2009/07/24 16:31:50 (edited)
    Undecided comment
    Captain America
    +2
    Thats simply bullshit.

Here is the deal.

$73,893 Research grant awarded to:
    WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY R01NR010498-02 Li, Xiaoming Culture, behavioral change and HIV-risk reduction among young migrants in China PEDIATRICS

It is a small part of over 208 grants including research topics covering everything from

The therapeutic potential of maspin in prostate cancer

to

Regulation of MicroRNA by Human Cytomegalovirus.

But as usual, FOX spins simple truth into great lies.

2014/12/18 18:28:53