Has anyone seen this before? Wonder what it means?

Tasine 2012/07/11 00:24:10
Kenyan born Obama

• All American 2012/07/11 11:44:32
    All American
    +4
    Actually, haven't seen this, but heard about something similar. This and the bio from his publisher stating he was Kenyan born also merits further investigation. I think he may have been using this as an advantage like Elizabeth "How" Warren tried when she claimed she had Cherokee ancestors.

• John Hall 2012/07/11 13:44:32
    John Hall
    +2
    I've seen it dont know if it's real or fake . In November people let Obama know if he's for real or just a fake .
  • All American 2012/07/11 11:44:32
    All American
    +4
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/07/11 05:30:16
    Inquisitve Kat
    +1
    It's a fake and it's been debunked.
    The article is real, yes, but the headline and first sentence was added at a later date, by a different person (who spelled his name wrong [Barrack]).

Go to the LexisNexis archive of global news sources and search for "Jack Ryan Abandons Senate Bid" and you'll find the original article.

Sheesh, I wish people would do their research.
  • Tasine Inquisi... 2012/07/11 12:32:23
    Tasine
    +2
    Given all the misrepresentation and lies put out, not only by Obama and his clan of thugs, but by the MSM and by the DNC, why would you immediately accept that THIS is a fraud and that the famous "birth certificate" is genuine? We have more proof his BC is not real than we have that this item is not real.
  • Inquisi... Tasine 2012/07/11 18:25:33 (edited)
    Inquisitve Kat
    +1
    I accept that this is a fraud because it was easy to find out. All of your "proof" that the BC is not real is similar to this... poorly constructed and easily found out, by anyone who can actually think logically and do a bit of research. I "immediately" accept this because the original article is available and there is no record of that headline or first sentence, until it was added in 2009.

If the birthers have so much "proof", why are they passing around false information, like this?
  • Tasine Inquisi... 2012/07/11 22:45:30
    Tasine
    You should also jump on the archivist who still has this within the archives: http://web.archive.org/web/20...

You seem to know so much about this article. If the person who added the headline and first sentence at a later date and misspelled Obama's name, why is the name under the photo which you say is a legitimate article, spelled the same way it is spelled in the first sentence? And why is this archived at the site I read? I really do wish people would do their research - of course, it does no good as everybody today lies and cheats anyway.
  • Inquisi... Tasine 2012/07/12 00:06:19 (edited)
    Inquisitve Kat
    That was June 27th 2004, the real article was posted on June 26th, 2004. http://www.usatoday.com/news/...

Sunday Standard is a tabloid shown many times to be inaccurate. So someone stole the article and added the new headline and first sentence. Too bad you didn't continue researching...
  • Tasine Inquisi... 2012/07/12 03:45:20
    Tasine
    Doesn't look like the same story to me. Topic the same, but article not. There's no more reason to believe USA TODAY than the Standard. I am not defending this article, but I will defend it from people who use a rival with which to denigrate it. I think it is you who should do some more researching on Obama. There's a lot to learn, none of it pretty.
  • Nimitz 2012/07/11 05:28:42
    Nimitz
    +1
    Everybody's seen it, but few people understand that bringing up the issue of birth now comes nearly four years too late. The BEST that so-called 'birthers' could hope to achieve would be to disqualify Obama for a second term. That in itself would likely be enough to plunge the nation into open revolt.
  • ray Nimitz 2012/07/11 10:28:09
    ray
    +2
    Revolt because an illegal alien holds public office by fraud ? Don't think so .
  • Nimitz ray 2012/07/11 19:30:09
    Nimitz
    +1
    Now, consider the issue from the perspective of that portion of the electorate who voted for him the first time and who would likely do so again--unless those 'evil conservatives' deny them the right to do so. Here's hoping you see the point.
  • Inquisi... Nimitz 2012/07/11 18:29:14
    Inquisitve Kat
    +1
    Even better, few people understand that the real article doesn't make any reference to Obama coming from Kenya. See my post above yours, for more information on that.
  • Tee Quake 2012/07/11 05:20:17
    Tee Quake
    +1
    But it doesn't surprise me. Everything I learn about the Liar-in-Chief pushes him further and further to the dark side (and I'm not talking about his skin pigment). How he has gotten away with so much Unconstitutional, non-presidential, uncivil and even illegal activity and managed not to have been impeached will become one of the classic questions surrounding the debacle of the Obama (nightmare) years, studied by future generations forever and ever.
  • Inquisi... Tee Quake 2012/07/11 05:37:20
    Inquisitve Kat
    You're an intelligent man... I'm surprised you didn't do your research. This article is real but the headline and first sentence (which miss-spells his name as 'Barrack') were added at a later date, by an unknown person. The original, unaltered article, which makes no claim of Obama being Kenyan, can be found on LexisNexis, which hosts old articles. It's called "Jack Ryan Abandons Senate Bid."
  • Tee Quake Inquisi... 2012/07/12 03:15:29
    Tee Quake
    +1
    Figures! Thanks.
  • Kane Fernau 2012/07/11 03:56:22 (edited)
    Kane Fernau
    +2
    If Obama ever told the truth he'd go to jail.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/07/11 03:27:50
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    It means check it out. snopes.com
  • Politic... jubil8 ... 2012/07/11 05:53:52
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +2
    Snopes is partisan and often misrepresents or slants their reviews. I don't use them anymore.
  • Tasine Politic... 2012/07/11 14:27:56
    Tasine
    Neither do I. I'd read it was a husband/wife team, and that some of their info was strictly their personal opinion.
  • Politic... Tasine 2012/07/11 15:02:18 (edited)
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    That's what I found. They had no particular expertise and interpreted things their own way. I started paying attention and going behind them. There were a number of items with a very liberal spin on them.
  • jubil8 ... Politic... 2012/07/12 06:01:27
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    And a "liberal spin," is really suspicious. Lmao. Forget whether there might be any truth in anything Snopes says, just write it off.
  • Politic... jubil8 ... 2012/07/12 06:06:21 (edited)
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    Are you having a comprehension problem or are you just throwing some liberal progressive cow chips on the fire? Suspicious is not the word I'm even thinking about using, it's their totally partisan perspective. Regardless of how far they bend over to expose their butts, right or left, either extreme is unacceptable.

Or are you just embarassed because you misread what I said and came back with a response that didn't have anything to do with my discussion?
  • jubil8 ... Politic... 2012/07/13 00:43:52
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    When YOU reply to ME, it's not YOUR discussion. Lmao.

You're the one who should be embarrassed for not understanding simple concepts. Like the photo in this blog. Too tough for you to find out where the paper is from? Keep spinning your wheels -- like your Avatar shows.
  • Politic... jubil8 ... 2012/07/13 01:39:11
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    You poor dear. You still won't acknowledge that I don't give a rat's patootie about the picture. You are lacking in basic understanding and reasoning. Too bad. Just throw your puny insults and get off the wrong conclusion. I was talking about SNOPES.com ... geesh, you are pretty pathetic. Don't know how many times or different ways I can explain that to you, but your brain is like cement, thoroughly mixed and permanently set.
  • jubil8 ... Politic... 2012/07/13 17:03:23
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    At least I have a brain.

If you don't give a rat's... about the picture, why did you reply to the question? This question is about the WORDS accompanying the picture. If you don't care about the WORDS, you have nothing to say. And you said it so much.

I brought up Snopes. I don't care how you feel about the site. It says the WORDS are false. You don't know otherwise. The paper they appear in is a KENYAN paper, hardly the standard for the U.S. Besides which, as a good RW, you disbelieve on principle everything "msm" says. So you SHOULD disbelieve what a KENYAN paper says.

Logic doesn't take up much space between your ears -- and there's a LOT of room for it. Put your sox in a drawer and free up space.

Unlike you, I haven't drawn conclusions -- I merely pointed out that a fact-checking source says the WORDS are bunk, which imo means more info is necessary. Don't worry -- I won't expect you to provide any. You obviously have enough trouble getting your shoes on the correct feet.
  • Politic... jubil8 ... 2012/07/13 19:38:37 (edited)
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    Yada, yada, yada ... no sense in talking to someone who is senseless, bull-headed, and just wrong about life in general. I told you what I was doing and you are STILL peeing in your pants about something else.

Maybe this will make you feel better about yourself since this old news is still sticking in your craw. It's from the Drudge Report ... so we have two sites of opposite ideologies.

Then, as far as we can piece together, conservatives began forwarding around a link to a 2004 Associated Press that was headlined "Kenyan-Born Obama All Set for U.S. Senate." This one is so old, though, that it was debunked way back in 2009 by the Internet's leading email-forward debunker, Snopes.com, as some sloppy headline writing by a Kenyan web site. Still, bigtime bloggers like CNN's Erick Erickson, the Daily Caller's Jim Treacher, Human Events' John Hayward, Gateway Pundit's Jim Hoft, all linked to the story, but with a new twist: they don't believe Obama was really born in Kenya and thus an illegitimate president, but they do think he did something that led to the mistake meaning that he's a liar.
  • jubil8 ... Politic... 2012/07/12 05:58:07
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Ok. The Sunday Standard -- a KENYAN newspaper -- is a go-to reliable source.

Sorry, not trotting along with you on that.
  • Politic... jubil8 ... 2012/07/12 05:59:58
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    Who are you talking to? I'm talking about the reliability of Snopes.
  • jubil8 ... Politic... 2012/07/12 06:04:46
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    I'm talking to you.

This question posts a PHOTO of the Sunday Standard -- did you miss it? It's RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.
  • Politic... jubil8 ... 2012/07/12 06:15:36 (edited)
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    Well, I was talking to Tasine about Snopes if you'd bother to look. You popped in the middle of a conversation I was having with someone,

Well duh ... I said the same thing to you. What IS your problem?
  • jubil8 ... Politic... 2012/07/13 00:45:25
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Duh right back at you, simpleton. YOU replied to MY comment on the thread.

Do you have the guts or the grace to admit it?
  • Politic... jubil8 ... 2012/07/13 01:45:32
    PoliticallyIncorrect
    +1
    Poor little name-calling liberal progressive. Yes, I replied to you and you totally misunderstood what I said evidentally. Frankly, you're pretty boring now. I've told you what I did and you started arguing something else. It is kind of funny to watch you try to beat me up over something that isn't even my concern in this thread. You brought up "suspicious" and I was talking about extreme views no matter which ideology.
    funny watch beat concern thread suspicious talking extreme views ideology
  • jubil8 ... Politic... 2012/07/13 17:20:48
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    You were talking about extreme views -- but I was talking about facts and accuracy, and YOU replied to me. So what YOU said was irrelevant and unresponsive. Well done.

Me a Progressive? Lmao. Both at the idea and at your ignorance for assuming it. Listening to other people and learning from them is valuable imo -- I know you don't understand that, but don't worry. You aren't going to be quizzed on your intellect. There's no need; you've demonstrated amply that yours is the size of a peanut.

At least you put your hand over your mouth when you yawn -- first sign of manners in you.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/07/11 01:32:44
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    It means everyone will ignore it.
  • Inquisi... Gracie ... 2012/07/11 05:38:35
    Inquisitve Kat
    Yeah, because the Kenyan headline and first sentence (which spells his name wrong) was added at a later date, which makes this a birther hoax.
  • Gracie ... Inquisi... 2012/07/11 16:25:22
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    Actually I don't pay attention to any of it because it is all ignored. When Obama's publisher put out that he was born in Kenya, no one cared so big whoop! He's President and it doesn't matter to me where he was born, I care more about his Marxist leanings.
  • ray 2012/07/11 01:22:09
    ray
    +4
    By this time it is a given that Obama is a Fraud . It is also known that big money is propping him up . Congress and Courts have Betrayed us . Massive voter turnout , enough to smother the fraud, is paramount. Getting The corruption out of the Congress and White house is up to the last Americans now .
  • Tee Quake ray 2012/07/11 05:06:17
    Tee Quake
    +3
    Well said, ray. I'm with you on this all the way.
  • BoomLover 2012/07/11 00:54:01
    BoomLover
    +4
    It means that Obie is a Fraud, a Fake, A Usurper, a LIAR, and a Manchurian President...not to mention a closet Muslin and a closet gay....
  • Tasine BoomLover 2012/07/11 02:24:11
    Tasine
    +4
    Boom, I get the feeling you are not overly fond of our dictator. LOL

2014/10/02 10:27:35