Happy Washington's Birthday!! Do you think we should Have a National Holiday for President Obama's birthday so as not to appear racist?

Rogue_Loner 2012/02/20 13:49:52
YES!!  That's racist!
No... why not?
Go back to bed, RL...
Only white presidents have a recognized holiday for their birthday. Is that racist? Should Obama have his birthday immortalized to make things right?

• Wahvlvke 2012/02/20 14:13:19 (edited)
    Go back to bed, RL...
    Wahvlvke
    +10
    Uhhhh ... in case you missed it we no longer have a Washington's birthday holiday and a Lincoln's birthday holiday. It was rolled into President's Day. Come to think of it ... don't want to pollute the day with obie. Maybe we can have an Incompetents Day for obie and carter.

• Dave 007 2012/02/25 13:26:10
    Go back to bed, RL...
    Dave 007
    +1
    How about a hoilday if he is voted out.
  • Margaret 2012/02/23 03:22:19
    YES!! That's racist!
    Margaret
    +1
    Only if it's because of his skin color, other wise no it's not.
  • Shay 2012/02/22 20:25:33
    Go back to bed, RL...
    Shay
    +1
    George Washington was one of our Founding Fathers. For that, I would support a birthday holiday. While I think it is great this country finally has a black President, I do not think President Obama has done anything for this country, as of yet, that is deserving of a birthday holiday. I believe it is your actions, not skin color, that defines who you are.
  • Shay Shay 2012/02/22 20:30:18
    Shay
    +1
    Perhaps, one reason we may have never celebrated a black President's birthday as a holiday, is because, up until now, we have never had a black President!!! facepalm
  • alikatt 2012/02/21 14:32:04
    Go back to bed, RL...
    alikatt
    +2
    Will he verify it with a REAL birth certificate?
  • Teresa2 alikatt 2012/02/27 13:37:55
    Teresa2
    I heard this weekend that Romney was born in Mexico. So we are investigating that. I want to see his birth certificate. His parents were trying to spread their Mornonism to Mexico because his father wanted a 12 year old Mexican wife.
  • captainquiggle 2012/02/21 12:40:09
    Go back to bed, RL...
    captainquiggle
    +1
    If we did have a birthday for him, it wouldn't be anytime soon.
  • greg 2012/02/21 08:51:05
    No... why not?
    greg
    +2
    Why we have Presidents day we don't celebrate Just Washington. We don't celebrate Lincoln or Adams or Jefferson or Roosevelt or any of the others. Just because he's half black half white doesn't make him special. Truth is he's not a very good President.
  • Candace Washington 2012/02/21 01:54:25
    YES!! That's racist!
    Candace Washington
    +1
    maybe not racist, but that does seem unfair
  • ✞Knight of Honor 2012/02/21 01:33:08 (edited)
    No... why not?
    ✞Knight of Honor
    +3
    He didn't earn it. I'm fine with MLK day, but Obama didn't achieve anything worthy of being praised with his own day.
  • DuncanONeil 2012/02/21 00:21:59
    No... why not?
    DuncanONeil
    +1
    Like it or not he is included in today's remembrance.
  • JOJO 2012/02/21 00:05:16
    No... why not?
    JOJO
    +1
    Presidents' Day is all inclusive?
  • BILL 2012/02/20 23:11:37
    BILL
    +1
    Only if that Dumb Ass happens to Die on his birthday, then it's time to PARTY PARTY AND PARTY TILL YOU PUKE
  • captain... BILL 2012/02/21 12:42:35
    captainquiggle
    Who's the REAL dumb-ass, here?
  • BILL captain... 2012/02/21 16:21:09
    BILL
    You if you suppoirt that filthy raceist traitor OHBOBO
  • captain... BILL 2012/02/21 17:16:04
    captainquiggle
    How is he a racist, againt? I must've missed that one.
  • Jim 2012/02/20 22:30:19
    No... why not?
    Jim
    +1
    that's what President's Day is for. Today is President's Day. It was incorporated to quell any arguments that other Presidents should be honored because a day was set aside to honor Martin Luther King Junior. If you knew your history, you wouldn't post this question.
  • jtjustice 2012/02/20 22:26:39
    jtjustice
    +1
    NEVER...we should consider a holiday with this traitor to America is sweep to the gutter from which he came...
  • TMT 2012/02/20 22:23:06
    YES!! That's racist!
    TMT
    +1
    Gladiator Day............ gladiator day
  • Teresa2 2012/02/20 22:13:22
    No... why not?
    Teresa2
    +2
    That would be something our Commander in Chief would not want to happen. He is a proud man and not boastful. He doesn't care about the glory,all he cares about is helping the people of the country that he loves and was elected to lead. He doesn't expect anything to glorify his being President. The people who say bad things about him do not really know him at all. But he is the most intelligent man I think I have heard speak. He just may surprise a lot of people in Nov.
  • BILL Teresa2 2012/02/20 23:13:00
    BILL
    +1
    oK REMEMBER PUFF PUFF PASS
  • Teresa2 BILL 2012/02/27 13:42:47
    Teresa2
    Your hate is all racism. You watch fauz news because you don;t know any better. And you are still under the influence of the war criminal who I wish would step out of the country so another country wiill get him. If bush ever gets caught by an international country it will be bye bye. Then we can celebrate the liar is dead.
  • BILL Teresa2 2012/02/28 22:25:19
    BILL
    What's the problem, won't your welfare friends share, get a job and buy our own, and remember PUFF PUFF PASS AND DON'T SHARE YOUR NEEDLES
  • Teresa2 BILL 2012/03/03 11:35:01
    Teresa2
    You are still spewing hate. For your information,which it really is none of your business,I am not on welfare and the only friends I have that are on medicaid are over the age of 65 and it subsidizes their income every month. I dont understand your reference to the puff,puff analogy. It must be a repub condition. But it is very disrespctful of you to make comments about someone you dont know and want to make false statements about. It tells we that you are not a Christian, as hate is not a Christian value. My friends have jobs,or are disabled like me or are older Americans, So the puff thing must be about repubs being so tired and out of breath from berating everyone on here. Hate takes a lot of energy. And when you call our President vile and disgusting names,yes that is racism. It wasnt just Democrats and Independents that got him elected. Some repubs fianlly got their heads out if bushes ass and voted the right way. I do feel sorry that you have no candidate that is worthy of being President. They just have to show up. Women now will not vote for any of them because 98% of women take some form of contraceptive and the repubs have attacked womens rights for too long. African Americans wont vote for them due to the racism they have shown the very first day Obama took office. I feel sorry for you because you still just dont get it.
  • BILL Teresa2 2012/03/04 22:04:15
    BILL
    HE IS NOT MY PRESIDENT, I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THAT DISGRACE AND IF YOU CAN'T SEE THAT THEN YOU ARE JUST AS BLIND AND STUPID AS THE REST OF HIS SO CALLED SUPPORTERS, AND IF YOU WANT TO KEEP DEFENDING THAT TRAITOR THEN GO FOR IT i HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD
  • Maverick Capitalist 2012/02/20 22:11:13
    No... why not?
    Maverick Capitalist
    +1
    Incompetence and failure is nothing to celebrate!
  • J-DUB 2012/02/20 22:06:20
    No... why not?
    J-DUB
    +1
    We do not have birthday holidays for other more recent presidents like JFK or Roosevelt (both of them) when their legacies have been established. A president should be long out of office before such a holiday should even be considered.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/02/20 21:57:15
    No... why not?
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    The word you mean is Bigoted, and the answer is no.
  • rikonjohn 2012/02/20 21:43:11
    No... why not?
    rikonjohn
    +1
    I don't think any figure should have a national holiday named for them (or naval ships for that matter) unless it's posthumously.
  • Deborah 2012/02/20 21:25:45
    No... why not?
    Deborah
    +1
    I don't think racism's been shown, he's president isn't he. I couldn't stand the thought of another "sale" day either! In my mind he has presidents day like all the other great presidents! Rememberance today to the great and the "not so" great presidents!!
  • Pat 2012/02/20 21:19:17
    Go back to bed, RL...
    +1
    This is one of those questions designed to bring out the nuts with their crazy remarks. Washington was a Founding Father and Lincoln held the union together, both worth noting. If you want to add another President, try Theodore Roosevelt who went a long way to establish our national parks system or FDR who got us through the depression and WWII.
  • Rogue_L... Pat 2012/02/20 23:19:33
  • Piper Rogue_L... 2012/02/21 05:23:12
    Piper
    +1
    Interesting, that you would say that. I actually "get" what your intention is, but your facts are wrong in the premise of the question.
  • Rogue_L... Piper 2012/02/21 12:02:55
  • Piper Rogue_L... 2012/02/21 18:51:41
    Piper
    +2
    Perhaps you didn't read my other comments. I KNOW that the only federal holiday for a president's birthday is, and always has been, for "The Father of Our Country", and it was established long after his death. Even if the national holiday was indeed to "celebrate" all presidents, as the calendar and sale fliers imply, the race of the person should not be significant.
  • Rogue_L... Piper 2012/02/21 19:13:52
  • Piper Rogue_L... 2012/02/21 20:49:06
    Piper
    +1
    That is a bit off the subject of your question, but okay. MLK, Jr has a day because there was a long fight for it, and a bill finally passed with enough votes. LBJ was certainly significant in the civil rights movement, but not the inspiration to Americans after the act was passed that MLK, Jr was.

If you think there should be a civil rights day, instead of an MLK day, then rally all those who agree with you and try to pass legislation for that. This has nothing to do with making Obama's birthday a national holiday, simply because he is half black.
  • Rogue_L... Piper 2012/02/21 22:04:10
  • Piper Rogue_L... 2012/02/21 22:49:44
    Piper
    Yes, it is unreasonable. Only one former, DECEASED president had his birthday designated as a national holiday. There were attempts to make Lincoln's birthday a national holiday as well, but it didn't happen.

Martin Luther King, Jr became a hero to many Americans, especially black Americans, during the discord after the Civil Rights Act was passed. It took about 15yrs of trying and fighting before MLK had a "day". Whether you think Martin deserves a national holiday or not, that day has nothing to do with making a sitting president's birthday a national holiday.
  • Rogue_L... Piper 2012/02/21 23:25:40

2014/09/21 00:11:51