Guns Now Permitted In National Parks: Is This Necessary?

Futureman 2010/02/23 00:19:21
Yes, having guns on National Park grounds is neccesary.
No, having guns on the park grounds is unsafe and unnecessary.
I think the law....
You can now add double-barrel shotgun to a the list of things you can bring to the campfire. Packed as an amendment to the credit card bill, it is now legal to carry a weapon on any of the U.S. national parks. The law enables park visitors to bring their weapon to the parks as long as they comply with state laws. That's right, now you can shoot that pesky raccoon that keeps stealing your smores.

Gun rights advocates hail the move as a victory, but critics are worried that the addition of guns on parks may escalate many feuds between visitors. Also, many park rangers are not permitted to carry weapons (that may change). Critics also say that the addition of weapons to the park may endanger wildlife( it is illegal to shoot animals within park grounds).

Do you think it is necessary to allow guns on U.S. National Park grounds? Or does it jeopardize the safety of visitors?

Read More: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-parks-guns...

• jimiwhitten 2010/02/24 22:05:43
    I think the law....
    jimiwhitten
    Last time I checked our national parks were in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and, in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, if I want to carry a gun, I carry a gun...
  • One Second to Live 2010/02/23 23:03:11
    One Second to Live
    More people choke to death on their own food than die in a firearm accident per year, and always have. People who are against gun ownership are victims of POOR INFORMATION. Who cares.
  • Kanashii-urufu 2010/02/23 18:09:39
    Kanashii-urufu
    like if they do that some dumb azz hunter is going to shot an animal and like people will hunt there like its bad enofh that people are already shoting endangerd animels so why give them an exuse to shoot more
  • One Sec... Kanashi... 2010/02/23 23:09:05
    One Second to Live
    +1
    1. Game wardens would come down sooooo hard illegal hunting.

2. List some endangered "animels".

3. Ever been bitten by a bear? Your punctuation and OBVIOUS inability to spell or reason would sway me to believe that one may have attempted to rip your head off but failed and merely made you stupid.

4. Why don't you spend more time worrying about the "dumb azz" GANGTAS who carry guns into shopping malls or YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD?

Better yet, just stick to downloading video games or something.
  • none Kanashi... 2010/02/23 23:57:18
    +1
    How did you ever think up your foolish comment. You may not know this but hunters are one of the big reasons for the huge come back of many animals and we believe in conservation. Real hunters would not consider hunting out of season. Unless it's the Spotted Owl, only kidding. LOL
  • Mrs Spearmen 2010/02/23 15:46:57
    Mrs Spearmen
    people can be innocent standbyers and get hurt because of guns in national park
  • flo 2010/02/23 04:08:22
    flo
    +1
    I have 'em in my home and my car - and in an National Park - absolutely- you are much safer with me and my fire arm .
  • Mrs Spe... flo 2010/02/23 15:49:32
    Mrs Spearmen
    who are you are a policemen?
  • lonewolf 2010/02/23 03:07:01
    lonewolf
    since i carry one i like this idea alot. its not the so called gun nuts that people have to worry about. most people like my self who do carry are responsible adults and and would never use it unless there was no other way out.
  • Mrs Spe... lonewolf 2010/02/23 15:49:01
    Mrs Spearmen
    +1
    and what if something innocentdently happen
  • lonewolf Mrs Spe... 2010/02/23 15:53:39
    lonewolf
    +1
    anything can happen
  • diaverde08-AmericanKilljoy 2010/02/23 02:24:40
    diaverde08-AmericanKilljoy
    :)
  • Mrs Spe... diaverd... 2010/02/23 15:48:08
    Mrs Spearmen
    why give another reason
    You see if you encounter soldiers in any of our National Parks you might not make it out of that park alive.
  • Roundabout ~ Pepe is my soc... 2010/02/23 00:47:17
    I think the law....
    Roundabout ~ Pepe is my sock puppet
    I am perplexed about this ruling. I suspect that the precedent set my national forests played a role. I don't like it, the problems of poaching and un-armed rangers will be an issue. I have no problem with people carrying guns on FS land, I do on occasion when I go into remote areas because we have problems with lions, rabid animals, and dangerous people, never had to use it though.
  • George. 2010/02/23 00:42:57
    George.
    +1
    Sure, Rights to Bear Arms...blah blah blah...Wild animals...yaddda.
    The list goes on.
    But I can't wait to read about a gun accident in a national park on an innocent gun-less person.
    Unless they are a million% certain they will need to shoot some bears or wolves, then no it's not necessary to have a gun.
  • Roundab... George. 2010/02/23 00:47:50
    Roundabout ~ Pepe is my sock puppet
    +1
    or a gunless ranger.....
  • George. Roundab... 2010/02/23 01:09:33
    George.
    +1
    Yes, there will be that problem too.
  • One Sec... George. 2010/02/23 23:11:57
    One Second to Live
    You can't wait to hear about somebody getting shot? WOW!

Are outdoors men REALLY the problem as far as people who carry guns around?
  • George. One Sec... 2010/02/24 00:59:29
    George.
    I'm just saying they have to be really safe with it, because if someone gets shot then it will be this law's fault.
    If that makes sense.
  • One Sec... George. 2010/02/24 11:53:01
    One Second to Live
    It WON'T be the law's fault, it will be the fault of the person who is being irresposible with a gun. It doesn't make sense to me when I see somebody say, "I can't wait to hear about someone getting shot".
  • DeborahLakeHelen 2010/02/23 00:38:27
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    Some of our National Parks are home to Grizzly Bears, Cougars Wolves and venomous snakes, which WILL kill you, and the "mammal types".I listed WILL eat you after they are done ripping you to shreds. They are ONE concern. Here in Florida, a twisted group known as the "Rainbow People" have been known to take up residency in the Ocala National Forest, and have been known to start violent, drug-crazed rampages on the camps of hunters and other campers. People who can legally do so have the right to be able to defend themselves! I wouldn't even DREAM of camping in some remote area, out in the middl of a forest unless I was armed.
  • Roundab... Deborah... 2010/02/23 00:49:53
    Roundabout ~ Pepe is my sock puppet
    +1
    We had a problem with the "Rainbow" peace loving people (sarcasm) and the local ranger district ran them out. They destroyed a beautiful spring fed swimming hole.
  • Deborah... Roundab... 2010/02/24 00:25:04
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    Yeah right- peaceful, my azz! They are a demented bunch of shiftless losers, that's for sure!
  • Roundab... Deborah... 2010/02/24 00:32:33
    Roundabout ~ Pepe is my sock puppet
    +1
    I know my same thoughts. Biggest bunch of blood suckers I've seen in a long time.
  • Deborah... Roundab... 2010/02/24 00:51:51
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    They need to be locked in cages!
  • Uzuamkinate 2010/02/23 00:32:42
    I think the law....
    Uzuamkinate
    +1
    what the point in haivng a guns anywhere anyway? i mean all there going to be is making wars....so i dont think it even safe to do that
  • ♥mom♥ 2010/02/23 00:32:27
    ♥mom♥
    not really needed.. yikes!!
    guns park grounds unsafe unnecessary yikes

2014/04/20 16:04:43