Gun Sales on the Rise: What's to Blame?

SodaHead News 2012/04/11 13:00:00
Guns sales are up. According to Good Morning America, sales throughout the industry are up anywhere from 30 to 91 percent this quarter, depending on the seller. Cris Parson, who owns a Texas store called the Houston Armory, says part of the reason sales are up is that gun-owners fear the possibility of Obama's second term because "he's never been pro-gun" and will have "nothing to lose."

But that's not it. Parson also blames zombies and doomsday conspiracies, trends spawned by television shows like "Doomsday Preppers" and "The Walking Dead." Of a certain brand of ammunition called Zombie Max, Parsons says, "We can't keep it in stock. It comes in a cool, colorful box with a Zombie on it." What do you think the reason is for higher gun sales? Is it Obama, zombies, doomsday -- or just an increased desire to own a gun?

Read More: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/gun-sales-booming-d...

• Watermusicranger 2012/04/15 05:45:13
    Obama
    Watermusicranger
    +8
    Gun sales have increased since Obama was elected. I own guns for several reasons; hunting, defense, and enjoyment.
    gun sales increased obama elected guns reasons hunting defense enjoyment
  • paul 2012/04/15 05:33:52
    Obama
    paul
    +5
    Barack Obama's voting record is not what you call pro second amendment. Dooms day prophecies have been around since day one. Here are some other reasons for Higher Gun sales. If Obama gets reelected, say good bye to your gun.
    http://youtu.be/tO0k9SHljCc
    http://youtu.be/gYyqBxD-3xw
    http://youtu.be/flfHZgT-SeI
  • jtjustice paul 2012/04/15 15:48:16
    jtjustice
    +1
    If the bastard obama or any of his communist thugs attempt to take my guns I will use them against them - I will take as many of them with me as possible...so will MILLIONS of others
  • mightym... jtjustice 2012/04/15 19:26:18
  • rickeybobbe 2012/04/15 03:40:07
  • Realistic 2012/04/15 01:54:30
    Other
    Realistic
    +3
    Paranoia. Some people believe there will be a race war, religious war, or war with the government. Some people believe that President Obama wants to take all of their guns. Gun sales are up because of paranoia. Granted, there are a few who purchase a gun for protection. Stock piling guns because of paranoia is a waste of money and time. Besides Russia, the US has the biggest and most sophisticated defense system on Earth. Why does anyone believe their stock pile of guns will stand up to the infinite arsenal that the US government has? Paranoia.
  • rickeyb... Realistic 2012/04/15 03:26:33
  • Maurice... Realistic 2012/04/15 09:03:39
    Maurice Tillman
    +2
    I think its a waste of a lot more than, personally. However, that's what the Great English Army thought of the people that defected to what eventualy became America. That's also what Mother Russia thought of those poor Afghan farmers in the late 80's. Not to mention, the 300 or so Spartan warriors that killed thousands of Persian warriors in a single week. Or what about the time Gengas Kahn tried to take Japan TWICE but failed miserably? I mean technology is the best way to win a war but sometimes the underdog wins...I guess that's what these survivalists are going for.
  • mightym... Maurice... 2012/04/15 19:33:47
    mightymouse49
    Survivalists are true and genuine optimists. It's that 'against all odds' mentality that birthed a nation some 230 something years ago.
  • Realistic mightym... 2012/04/15 20:35:06
    Realistic
    +1
    True and genuine optimists do not commit genocide against other humans who were in this country before them. How can you give birth to a country that existed before you used guns to take it? Against all odds is not the words that applies to people who kidnapped or purchased Africans to build upon the nation that was hijacked through the genocide of the original Americans, you know, the Native Americans, a.k.a Indians. Now we are here in 2012 and America, regardless of the method of how we got to be what we are today, stands. Why build up an arsenal of weapons because of the upcoming civil war that exists in these "survivalists" heads. The irony is the people who are stock piling the weapons are the people who benefit the most from US laws, Constitution, and traditions.
  • mightym... Realistic 2012/04/15 21:29:41
    mightymouse49
    The original Americans, a.k.a. Indians we all have been educated to feel guilty about did the same thing to each other and those before them. Get free from the 'liberal' indoctrination that taught us we are the sorriest excuses for humans on the face of this earth. The rest of the world is not one bit better than we are. But everybody hates the winner. Don't worry though...our winning days are long over. You and me and our grandchildren will pay, and pay, and pay for the sins of our fathers. Until it's time to 'win' again.
  • Maurice... mightym... 2012/04/16 05:59:01
    Maurice Tillman
    I understand this is about attrition. The strongest group wins the right to control resources. However, white America has downplayed the severity of the way this country was built. White America acts like this country was built on blood, sweat, and tears but fails to mention whose blood, sweat, and tears built it. Chinese people were enslaved in the Wild West when they should've been at home defending their country from the British invasion. The shootout at the Alamo started over slavery. We were giving Texas back to Mexico. Mexico was going to free the slaves. Texas said no because if they released the slaves, those handsom white cowboys would actually have to do their jobs. In fact, every "great" war in US history before WWI was over the domination of slaves.

Straight up. So, don't rationalize what happened to the Natives because slavery just ended about 35 years ago in the south. See "Jim Crow", if you don't believe me.

Not all Native American groups caused wars with each other; only a select few were so territorial. Another thing I can say is that, when other civilizations invaded others, they usually rebuilt what they destroyed. Northwestern Europeans however, left the entire country of Mexico barren. They "conquered" South America and destroyed a civilization with techno...

Not all Native American groups caused wars with each other; only a select few were so territorial. Another thing I can say is that, when other civilizations invaded others, they usually rebuilt what they destroyed. Northwestern Europeans however, left the entire country of Mexico barren. They "conquered" South America and destroyed a civilization with technology as advanced as theirs...all for the sake of shiney jewry. I'm just saying, domination by one group is the natural order of life. However, to preserve life, the dominating group must maintain some sort of order...Simply put, the Native Americans (not to mention The Aztecs and Mayans) allowed foreigners to travel their territories and nurish themselves. In return, those settlers killed them.

I'm not saying America isn't a great place NOW. But saying this is the home of the brave and free is something niave white people say to justify this country's dark history...Just my two cents.
  • Realistic Maurice... 2012/04/15 20:17:47
    Realistic
    The wars that you speak of were for the preservation of lives and nations. What are these "survivalists" trying to defend or preserve? The US government is not comitting genocide on its own people. We have not received an imminent threat from another nation. There are all sorts of social programs to help the needy within the US. Why are these people stock piling weapons? Paranoia which manifests from fear.
  • mightym... Realistic 2012/04/15 21:33:26
    mightymouse49
    From what I've gleaned by talking to survivalists (30 and under)...it's NOT the government that they are worried about. They are convinced that all forms of society are going to collapse. They just want to know how to grow something to eat and how to live off of the land. They really believe that the whole world is going to *******.
  • Rick Armin Realistic 2012/04/15 14:02:31
    Rick Armin
    +1
    Toward better mental health.

In 1929 the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953 approximately 20 million paranoids were cured.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million paranoid Armenians were cured.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million paranoids were cured.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million paranoids were cured.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 paranoid Mayan Indians were cured.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 paranoid Christians were cured.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million educated paranoids were cured.

That places total paranoids cured by gun control at approximately 56 million in the last century.

http://phreedomphan-lostliber...

When the paranoids have all been cured, the governments of the world will begin curing the realistics.
  • Realistic Rick Armin 2012/04/15 20:36:51
    Realistic
    The main ingredient that makes this nation great is you are free to express your opinion.
  • Rick Armin Realistic 2012/04/15 20:52:19 (edited)
    Rick Armin
    This nation has fallen far from greatness. The main ingredient that leaves us reasonably free to express our opinions is the doubt held by the government about its ability to suppress an armed citizenry.

Maybe you haven't been watching the machinations of the Department of (in)Justice and the SPLC.
    [Don't click on pictures.]
    http://phreedomphan-americase...
    http://phreedomphan-americase... http://phreedomphan-americase...
    http://phreedomphan-lostliber...
  • jtjustice Realistic 2012/04/15 15:51:20
    jtjustice
    Can you spell DULLARD...

It is the ENEMY within NOT the stupid russians or chinese communist...even those who buy guns due to paranoia will be far more able to defend themselves from the communist hordes of obama than you are...here, another statistic...where's the body bags
  • Realistic jtjustice 2012/04/15 20:21:39
    Realistic
    What did Obama do to you to make you call him and others Communists if we do not share your views?
  • Rick Armin Realistic 2012/04/15 20:58:17
    Rick Armin
    My guess would be the same things Bush did to the folks who support an Obama that caused them to call anyone associated with him a Fascist. Not really understanding who owns them all.
    http://phreedomphan-lostliber...
    See the section on the fraudulent political spectrum.
  • jtjustice Realistic 2012/04/17 02:50:03
    jtjustice
    READ - EDUCATE yourself - he has been a communist since his childhood - geez and you really so far out there you cannot understand what is going on?
  • Realistic jtjustice 2012/04/19 00:47:15
    Realistic
    Just because I do not share your political view does not mean I am not educated on politics and history. Whether you like it or not Mr. Obama is your President. Would you call George Washington and Thomas Jefferson Communists? They not only governed over a country where human beings were slaves but owned slaves themselves. I am well versed on the true history of this nation and true reason why people like you are outraged that Mr. Obama is the US President. For the record, I won't reveal all about my political ideaologies, but this much I will say: I am a proud Independent voter. I am open minded and have voted for Republicans and Democrats alike. I view politics and politicians through gray lens. Communism? What has the government taken away from you lately?
  • SpeedRacer Realistic 2012/04/16 01:43:55 (edited)
    SpeedRacer
    Well if the downfall of economic systems around the world happens those will be useless, it has nothing to do with countries invading, If WWIII ever happens all governments will be in chaos, if nuclear options used Food Medicine etc. will be hard to get, protecting your Family, property and supplies will be number one. Could this ever happen? Sure it can, will it happen in my life time? Probably not but why not be prepared. What about a natural disaster? I am from Florida and I lived through hurricane Andrew and Charlie, these events were very close to the collapse of a society as you can come. Looting was rampant, people were beaten and shot for Food, Gasoline and even generators. So yes be prepared is always a good thing.
  • Realistic SpeedRacer 2012/04/16 03:33:55
    Realistic
    Your argument is very logical. I am speaking of people who are stock piling for the wrong reasons.
  • SpeedRacer Realistic 2012/04/16 12:41:09
    SpeedRacer
    Ok, but those people are in a very small minority, maybe .1% of the population that’s like 300,000 and that may be high..

here is an article on the subject.
    http://articles.businessinsid...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...

Mormons teach that you should always keep about 3 months supply of food and water in case of any disasters. But I understand what you’re saying about the stockpile of weapons, this I do not understand unless you plan on using it as a bartering chip in the event of economic collapse
  • DDD 2012/04/15 01:35:43
    Zombies
    DDD
    +3
    Its Zombies in the White House.... duh...
  • MS PRUD 2012/04/15 00:38:36
    Obama
    MS PRUD
    +7
    Obama said we in the midwest - when we get afraid we grab our bible and our guns. With so many people out of work you have to have a gun to protect your own home.
  • Jackie 2012/04/15 00:12:20
    Other
    Jackie
    +2
    Burglaries in the neighborhood make me want to take shooting lessons and buy a gun. Chances are that I won't do either, but I still think about it.
  • txtumli... Jackie 2012/04/15 05:20:25
    txtumlinCelebratesCyberFriends
    +2
    Don't just think about it Jackie, do what your GUT is telling you to do. Defend yourself, your family and your property. Defend against FEMA
  • mary E Jackie 2012/04/15 07:51:16
    mary E
    +2
    I think about it also, Jackie. However, I believe I really WILL do it, and soon!
  • jtjustice Jackie 2012/04/15 15:55:33
    jtjustice
    +2
    How many times in your life your gut told you to do something, instead you went the other way or worse, you stood on the sidelines and things went wrong.

People are preparing - they are NOT taking to the streets just yet - if you buy insurance of any kind, you qualify to purchase a gun - it is insurance against the worse that man has to offer...
  • Catita 2012/04/15 00:02:47
    Other
    Catita
    +1
    protection from.......the zombies, obamination and what ever happen in .....Nov 2012 and of course
    doomsday LOL
  • K. Katt 2012/04/15 00:00:09
    Obama
    K. Katt
    +4
    It is a fact that gun sales have increased since Obama was elected.
  • txtumli... K. Katt 2012/04/15 05:26:28
    txtumlinCelebratesCyberFriends
    +1
    It's a fact Katt! Gun sale increase
  • K. Katt txtumli... 2012/04/15 07:25:59
    K. Katt
    +2
    Is there anything sexier than a woman with a gun?
  • txtumli... K. Katt 2012/04/16 02:25:11
    txtumlinCelebratesCyberFriends
    +1
    Uhhh, . . . actually yes. A man with a tight white t-shirt on, white knee-high socks and NOTHING ELSE! Talk about accenuating the positive . . . now that's sexy to me.
  • K. Katt txtumli... 2012/04/16 02:50:21
    K. Katt
    +1
    I guess I could have qualified my answer with "to us straight guys". Hope I don't get hated on for that.
  • txtumli... K. Katt 2012/04/16 04:25:52
    txtumlinCelebratesCyberFriends
    +1
    Not at all. You're a man and I understood perfectly what you were saying. Now I am a woman and I hope you understand my opinion of what is sexy to me.

Sexy goes two ways Mr. Katt ;o)
  • K. Katt txtumli... 2012/04/16 04:29:40
    K. Katt
    +1
    I always thought that was one of the especially good things about it.
  • SpeedRacer K. Katt 2012/04/16 02:39:29
    SpeedRacer
    +1
    VERY TRUE !!!

and IDF Girls
    idf girls

idf girls httpimg ffffound comstati

idf girls httpimg ffffound comstati

I love all woman, I have dated Asians, Black, Hispanic, White, Blondes. Red heads, Brunettes. they all are beautiful to me.

2014/04/17 21:42:19