Gun control v. evil control

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/12/18 01:54:08
Agree.
Disagree.
Within minutes of the Newtown School Massacre, politicians and pundits were screaming for gun control. And every day that hue and cry got worse.

The facts do not bear out that outcry. A gun-free zone is a natural target for stone-cold evil men like Adam Lanza. In this case, no one had a gun, other than the man who did this deed.

What we really need is evil control. Evil men exist. The trick is to discover them and do something about them. It might mean exile--literally tell him to get out of town and stay out. Or it might come down to hardening all targets, so that even the most vicious would-be killers get a simple message: Don't.

But it also means removing the influences that incite or predispose to evil. Like video games that actually give you points for acting like a vicious killer--points for each kill, to no conceivable purpose. And the kind of drugs that psychiatrists hand out with no concept of how they're even supposed to work. (And a lot of them are counterproductive. Like some of the new antidepressants.)

Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/12/17...

• Emotive 2013/01/31 21:22:15
    Agree.
    Emotive
    +1
    i agree
  • Lizard King 2013/01/31 15:41:40
  • golem48 2012/12/25 03:41:38
    Agree.
    golem48
    +2
    I am pro choice on gun ownership. I would never force anyone to buy one!
  • Michael=Constitution & Liberty 2012/12/25 01:51:26
    Agree.
    Michael=Constitution & Liberty
    +2
    dumbasses

here is my CCP ;)
  • Helmholtz 2012/12/23 15:58:24
    Agree.
    Helmholtz
    +2
    When they took the 4th Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.
    When they took the 6th Amendment, I was quiet because I am innocent.
    When they took the 2nd Amendment, I was quiet because I don't own a gun.
    Now they have taken the 1st Amendment, and I can only be quiet.

--Lyle Myhr
  • ur XLNC-PWCM 2012/12/21 23:08:42
    Agree.
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    +1
    I AM a gun nut that BELIEVES that all laws in contradiction to "shall not be infringed" are unconstitutional. That being said, I have no problem with screening that keeps scenarios like a parent with mentally ill offspring in residence, having to take EXTRA precautions if they want guns. Clearly something needs to be done, but the anti-gun whackjobs don't bother with facts, education or critical thinking. Alcoholism is considered a disease and if this so, then a Utopian mindset is just as much a disease.
  • Beccy 2012/12/20 00:35:37
    I see this as a game of good and evil and evil is winning. After 911 all of a sudden we have all these check points you have to go through special security to go to work, fly on a plane. Kids have to go through mental detecters to get in schools. But we are giving up our freedoms to be safe We need to ask if we want to be free or safe
  • Dana Beccy 2012/12/20 05:20:01
    Dana
    How about both? How much freedom did those children and teachers have being gunned down? How much freedom did those on the planes and in the towers on 9-11? How much freedom did the students have at V Tech? In the CO movie theater? On the on...
  • Catch224u 2012/12/19 13:00:38
    Agree.
    Catch224u
    +1
    How many people ever remember hearing of Bath Michigan, May 18, 1927?
    A part - time caretaker killed 45 people, including 38 children, when he blew up a school and then killed himself, along with two first res-ponders. Another 58 people were wounded. That's Evil !
  • Bilingual required sucks 2012/12/19 10:20:29
    Disagree.
    Bilingual required sucks
    +1
    Evil control? The young man had mental problems, you cannot control. that. What a stupid post.
  • 11 Phen... Bilingu... 2012/12/19 20:08:52
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    +1
    So why take away guns from good people because of people you "cannot control?"
  • Bilingu... 11 Phen... 2012/12/20 01:29:00 (edited)
  • Divided... Bilingu... 2012/12/20 03:46:42
    Divided States of America
    +1
    In most cases they build bombs to kill then. Ar 15 is only a .223 and no one was going to stop him when reloading reguardless of the clip size. There is no reason the school didn't have security measures in place. Many schools have based on the number of shooting in the past.

How many 7 year olds did we kill in Iraq,Afghaniatan, or any other part of the world?
  • Bilingu... Divided... 2012/12/20 03:49:52
    Bilingual required sucks
    +1
    You're a freaking monster.
  • Michael... Bilingu... 2012/12/25 01:53:10
  • 11 Phen... Bilingu... 2012/12/21 05:34:29
    11 Phenomenon - eNews
    Those muskets you spoke of were big weapons in those days. They didn't go with sling shots in order to keep those in power feeling safe.

And if you don't like it tough sh*t. If one of the teachers had guns many of those kids would be alive. You are just an opportunist who wants to take advantage of tragedy to push an agenda. It is predictable. As is the lack of debate on the subject. Mass murderers were around before guns were. I suppose you would prefer they made bombs? Some have. Maybe you can make that illegal. Oh wait, they are...
  • momma-on-the-hit-list 2012/12/19 04:55:10
    Agree.
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    Mans heart is above all disparately wicked. But it can be changed.
  • activ1 2012/12/19 04:48:31
    Agree.
    activ1
    I know you're probably going to faint Temlakos old pal, but I agree wholeheartedly. The only thing I take a different stance on is that I don't think these people who commit these acts are necessarily evil. I think they are just deeply disturbed individuals, who have been suffering from mental illness for a very long time. I mean, this kid shot his own Mother in the head multiple times. It doesn't get any crazier than that. Had he been properly diagnosed and treated when he was young, this incident might have been avoided. Instead of concentrating on guns, we should be concentrating on mental health issues.
  • S and S 2012/12/19 03:44:07
  • cant beleive walkers gov 2012/12/19 03:41:47
    cant beleive walkers gov
    +1
    instead of warnings posted that a school is weapon free zone,how about warnings posted that any threat of death to children will bet met with lethal force on these premises?
  • JustMe 2012/12/18 22:31:02
    JustMe
    If I am taking this the right way then I agree, we do not need to regulate guns. Instead, what I feel needs to happen is that we take these sociopaths and remove them from the general population by something like reopening the state mental hospitals where they can be monitored, treated and no longer be a threat to themselves and those around them. It should also be up to the teachers, employers, or even the general community to report warning signs so that these people can get help even if their family chooses to ignore it.

To help further reduce the risk of this happening again, I feel the option should be given for school staff to carry a concealed weapon so that if another decides to try this again they can be stopped before it turns into a mass murder. I still feel if someone in Sandy Hook were armed this looney tune would never have gotten as far as he did. Had he been reported at first warning sign and committed, this would have never happened.
  • DANNY59 2012/12/18 21:59:29
    Agree.
    DANNY59
    I've been saying this for years, we need to stop the crazy's from being crazy. Guns have been here for as long as any of us alive can remember, except it's only in recent times that you are hearing about wackos shooting up schools and crowds. You could ban every gun, but the people who want to cause mass destruction and hysteria will find a way to do so. If the owners of the guns kept them locked away, instead of making them available to other people, mentally unstable ones at that, there would be much less of a chance at stuff like this recent shooting from happening. This type of thing never happened when I went to school. People have changed, either it's the way their raised, or the parent is not addressing the child's mental disorder, or not noticing it. Guns haven't changed that much. I said this in another post regarding gun laws. I live in Cook county, outside the city of Chicago, and we have some of the strictest gun laws in the country, yet we have one of the highest shooting rates. The law abiding people aren't doing the shooting, it's the gang bangers usually shooting each other, with a few innocent bystanders getting shot too. I'm afraid making more laws isn't going to help, unless you could make every gun magically disappear, the bad guys and nut jobs are still going to get them.
  • Cliff 2012/12/18 20:41:01
    Agree.
    Cliff
    Who gets to decide which people are evil? Liberals? They believe bad behavior only happens because people have bad influences and are actually victims. For liberals, the only real evil in the world comes from conservatives. Conservatives are easy to spot. They carry American flags at political rallies, they clean up after themselves, they don't defecate on police cars, they don't vandalize, they don't physically attack those who disagree with them. Maybe what we really need in this country is some dialog on what evil really is. Once you can accept that it exists, maybe we can identify it and begin to deal with it by at least teaching values in our public schools aside from political correctness.
  • MBSVirginia BN-2 2012/12/18 18:26:52
    Agree.
    MBSVirginia BN-2
    The discussion will be ongoing ad-infinitum! I do support the control of assault weapons and the purchase of multiple clips of ammunition, what's the purpose? I DO NOT support the control of hand guns.
  • Maj. C. D. Hardy 2012/12/18 17:35:49
    Agree.
    Maj. C. D. Hardy
    I couldn't put it any better. The issue is not gun control it is society not accepting its share of the blame. We live in a culture that is saturated with violence and violent imagery. Changes need to be made in what we as a society see as acceptable in all forms of media before gun violence will decrease.
  • freebirdie Maj. C.... 2012/12/18 20:31:55
    freebirdie
    So when we watch a murder mystery, you are assuming we will go out and kill? You want us to watch TV shows like Little House on the Prairie or The Waltons? Please....
  • Maj. C.... freebirdie 2012/12/18 23:09:59
    Maj. C. D. Hardy
    +1
    Actually I would advocate reading, or crafting, or spending quality time as a family instead of watching TV. Do things that challenge the mind. An idle mind is fertile ground for evil to grow.
  • freebirdie Maj. C.... 2012/12/19 02:03:43
    freebirdie
    "An idle mind....." has time to create beauty, hope, and life. It's not always hate, evil, or death.

I am not in favor of censorship which means someone is stopping someone's ideas, or speech. But, if morals and truth are present and allowed, it will hold evil at bay!
  • mich52 2012/12/18 16:02:54
  • criticalthinker 2012/12/18 15:52:28
    Disagree.
    criticalthinker
    +1
    Gun control is evil control. Make the sale, trading, transfer, possession and transportation of assault weapons, large clips and large amounts of ammunition in consumer hands a felony with a minimum of a life sentence upon conviction.
  • Divided... critica... 2012/12/20 03:47:42
    Divided States of America
    Should work as well as the war on drugs...
  • critica... Divided... 2012/12/20 18:15:10
    criticalthinker
    Rather than give teachers guns, give then drugs.
  • john.newell.771 2012/12/18 15:49:40
    Agree.
    john.newell.771
  • AJ 2012/12/18 13:53:58
    AJ
    IDFK
  • matt 2012/12/18 13:52:42
    Disagree.
    matt
    LEAVE MY GUNS THE HELL ALONE!!!
    Agree.
    +1
    SO agree.
  • Mark P. 2012/12/18 13:09:58
    Disagree.
    Mark P.
    +1
    This guys mother knew he had a problem. She made the mistake of teaching him to shoot. If someone is hell bent on murder, it won't matter to him what gun or weapon he uses. We have had armed Deputies at our local schools for a long time. What happened was a failure on the administration to protect those babies. We have had too many shootings at schools to not have armed Police officers on site.
  • hayesml47 2012/12/18 13:01:57
    hayesml47
    +2
    Rather than evil it is unstable mental health that causes these problems. Our society still has big problems accepting that we even have the capability of being sick in the head!
  • KCurtis 2012/12/18 10:57:41
    Agree.
    KCurtis
  • Batou 2012/12/18 09:57:45
    Disagree.
    Batou
    +1
    Everyone is for gun control. The only question is to what degree.

Do you think kindergartners should be able to legally use guns? No? Then you are for gun control.
    What about criminals? No? Then you are for gun control once again.
    What about blind people? Should they have a right to use machine guns for self-defense? No again?

Then you are literally saying: I think government has the right to regulate the types of guns individuals are allowed to own legally, and who is legally allowed to own and use guns.

Now, what about evil control. Lying is evil, right? So are we going to exile anyone caught lying then? No? Then maybe we should actually try to come up with rational solutions instead of knee-jerk reactions.

2014/07/23 01:48:36