Gun carrying man stops stabbing spree in a Salt Lake City. Gun controll is a must? Gun controll is stupid?

GINGERBREAD 2012/07/27 14:34:37
Yep, a man started stabbing customers in a Salt Lake City store, until another man carrying a gun stopped the rampage. Maybe we should start talking about licensing knife owners?

• les_gvt 2012/07/28 01:00:15
    Maybe we should begin to license everyone carrying a gun, knife, baseball bat...
    les_gvt
    +3
    how many people can we charge with possessing an unregistered plastic spork? Would that mean w could charge KFC as an accessory to the crime?

• tomem 2012/07/28 20:44:27
    This is the problem with all these liberal, socialists and communists. Just b...
    tomem
    Between shootings, abortion, "mercy killings" there won't be enough lib's left to make any difference before long.
    and that is the way stupid liberals think.
  • Roger 2012/07/28 10:16:30
    Roger
    +1
    For those of you that remember the "Crips" gang of the 70's they got their name by assaulting people with golf clubs. Wonder if BO has a license for those clubs?
  • S. Gompers 2012/07/28 10:00:35
    S. Gompers
    +2
    Gun control only weakens the honest citizen while it emboldens the criminal, especially if the government is arming the criminals...
  • zeldamaster17~平和 2012/07/28 09:32:17
    zeldamaster17~平和
    I am a liberal by definition...why does no one know the definition of things...? But no, we need to be able to carry some form of weapon.
  • Peggy 2012/07/28 04:08:51
    Peggy
    Sorry joking on the answer but loved it!!!!! The government will NEVER EVER BE ABLE TO KEEP ANYONE SAFE!!!!! I will continue to carry. Thanks
  • Mary 2012/07/28 03:42:53
    Mary
    The Government doesn't want armed civilians because....

• Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥ 2012/07/28 03:00:39
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    I think Mind Control would be more effective.
  • GINGERB... Dave Sa... 2012/07/28 13:59:15
    GINGERBREAD
    Let me remind everyone on what Mao Tse Tung said; "THE LAW BEGINS AT THE END OF THE BARREL OF MY GUN". Enough said
  • Dave Sa... GINGERB... 2012/07/28 14:25:32
    Dave Sawyer ♥ Child of God ♥
    That would be body control.
  • GINGERB... Dave Sa... 2012/07/28 15:36:15
    GINGERBREAD
    This is also what these government people believe. This government can and do send out swat teams to innocent people's house and their place of business. Why you ask, because they can. Who will stop them? You? Me? anyone ? No. we can't stop them, because they have the bigger gun. And the law begins at the end of the barrel of their guns. Exactly what Mao Tse Tung said.
  • john brenni 2012/07/28 02:44:53
  • Denny 2012/07/28 02:37:01
    Denny
    How many of those car crashes are really murder suicide???
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/07/28 02:30:18
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1

well i don't yet but i will soon.
  • Mary SK-pro ... 2012/07/28 03:25:39
  • abubincrazy 2012/07/28 02:20:25 (edited)
    abubincrazy
    +2
    Criminals don't obey gun laws.

The leftists want government power over every facet of our lives.

That's the real reason they want to disarm law-abiding citizens.

And our brilliant founders enumerated our right to bear arms in the Constitution to protect us from tyrants.
  • Mary abubinc... 2012/07/28 03:31:46 (edited)
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/07/28 01:56:07
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    oh man are the Obama Bootlickers going to swarm THIS blog and call you everything but green...you just gave an example that runs counter to the Socialist idea of 'reality'
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/07/28 01:06:36
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +2
    The government want to control us the only way to try it is to disarm us.
  • thefatguy 2012/07/28 01:06:26
    thefatguy
    +2
    No gun control.
  • jc 2012/07/28 01:03:51
  • Beccy 2012/07/28 01:01:18
    +1
    In my city people are up at arms because the police shot a man who was threatening people with a knife. At the same time they are begging to be protected from people who are shooting people on the street.
  • Anonymouse ~superdoge~ 2012/07/28 01:01:16
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    I disagree with the options. If guns are controlled, many more criminals than civilians will have guns. Then the people are defenceless. If guns are allowed, there is a smaller divide and civilians can prevent gunmen doing too much damage.
  • TuringsChild 2012/07/28 01:00:32
    TuringsChild
    +1
    Gun control is ILLEGAL.

The Dick Act of 1902, also known as the Efficiency of Militia Bill H.R. 11654, of June 28, 1902 invalidates all so-called gun-control laws.
  • les_gvt 2012/07/28 01:00:15
    les_gvt
    +3
  • DJL 2012/07/28 00:55:46
    DJL
  • Anonymo... DJL 2012/07/28 01:03:44
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    I have to say, your first image clearly shows that the amount of guns has little impact on prevalence of crime.
  • my2cents 2012/07/27 16:38:31 (edited)
    my2cents
    I was going to rave your post and say this is a good example of why the 2nd Amendment works, but I changed my mind after seeing your opinion choices.

And btw, I'm a liberal who owns a gun.
  • LADY LI... my2cents 2012/07/27 21:29:44
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    I CONGRATULATE YA, SIS! LOVE YOUR SPIRIT! I WAS AN ARMY RANGER

BUT I MET ATTEMPTED RAPISTS, ROBBERS WHILE I WAS UNARMED & I BEAT

THEM BACK WITH MY HIGH HEELS KICKED IN THE GROIN, A ROCK, ANYTHING

I COULD FIND. ONE TIME I WAS A CIVILIAN, A BIG KID HELPED ME BEAT UP A

ROBBER WHO HIJACKED MY MOTO-SCOOTER WITH OUR BARE HANDS, THE

ROBBER RAN AWAY LEFT HIS LOOTED-BIKE BEHIND, IT WAS MY SCOOTER.

THESE DAYS I TYPE WITH 1 DIGIT OF MY LEFT HAND & I'm LEGALLY BLIND.
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/07/27 15:21:45
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +2
    THANK YOU! THANK YOU! YOU ARE MY HERO STOPS STABBING-SPREE!

ONLY DIMWITS LWNJs BELIEVE ONLY GUNS KILL. NO, KNIVES, BOTTLES,

WOODEN STICKS, HAMMERS, ROCKS, SCREWDRIVERS, BUTTER KNIVES,

FORKS, SPOONS, PENS, PENCILS, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, CAN KILL AS WELL.
  • Turings... LADY LI... 2012/07/28 01:05:03
    TuringsChild
    +2
    The pen is mightier than the sword. Especially when there are no swords available. ;)

pencil in eye
  • LADY LI... Turings... 2012/07/28 02:40:04
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    DEAR FRIEND, I MEANT PEN CAN KILL LITERALLY AS THIS CASE; NOT

LITERARY! I'M GLAD WE AGREED! I LOVE YOUR HUMOR!

PLEASE VOTE/COMMENT ON MY POLLS @ (guns related link, you'll find more polls)

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND
    +2
    Oh Government Klown.......... Wonky you would,write this Feces........... For a full 50 or 60 Years America has been handcuffed by the Gun Laws. Only the Undertaker has had a profit. The Young Mama's and their Babies caught in a crossfire of Heavy Armored Gang disputes. etc.
    It is time for America to strap on the responsibility of the Constitution. The simple definition says "An armed society is a Safe and Free Society.. Only a government that has the audacity to bring overwhelming fire power against American Public can win, but will pay a price so terrible it will be hung by the neck on the Gingko Trees along the street in front of the White House.............
  • Waldorf 2012/07/27 15:14:25 (edited)
    Waldorf
    +1
    Note that it is solely at the discretion of the police whether to make an arrest and bring charges against a person using a gun or even merely brandishing it, especially pointing it, for purposes other than personal defense against "threat of seriously bodily harm". Life is not the movies. Gun laws are very harsh and too easily abused. A person with a concealed handgun license is not a licensed vigilante, nor does he have an obligation to take personal risks for someone else's defense..It's a judgment call, and "you had to be there" to be allowed an opinion.
  • Jeff Smith 2012/07/27 14:55:55
    Jeff Smith
    +1
    By removing our second amendment rights the Liberal left can fully enforce their brain dead mentally retarded communist agendas down our throat without fear of reprisal it's a good thing the mentally ill liberal left is scared to death and we'll keep it that way
  • GINGERBREAD 2012/07/27 14:49:22
    GINGERBREAD
    +1
    This is why all these liberals, socialists and communists are very dangerous to every "FREE" people in this country. In the guise of "PROTECTING" the people from each other, or even from themselves, they have no problems in passing laws to curtail everyones "FREEDOM". As it is today, everyone that don't like to be personally responsible for themselves can depend on the GOVERNMENT to take on that responsibility. Where will they get the money to provide for these people? No sweat, the government will just take it away from those that want to be personally responsible. Am I beginning to get through everyone?

2014/11/28 09:52:21