Grover Nordquist: Romney Will Be a Passive President Who Will Do as He's Told by Congressional Conservatives.

my2cents 2012/04/24 08:05:51
Oh yes he did!

In a speech he made at CPAC this year, Grover Nordquist articulated out loud a case for Mitt Romney that you usually hear only whispered by other conservative leaders. It appears Republicans have reconciled themselves to a Romney candidacy because they see Romney as an essentially weak and passive president who will concede leadership to congressional conservatives:

"All we have to do is replace Obama . . . . We are not auditioning for fearless
leader. We don't need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go. We want the Ryan Budget. . . . We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don't need someone to think it up or design it. The leadership now for the modern conservative movement for the next 20 years will be coming out of the House and the Senate."

The requirement for president?

"Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become president of the United States. This is a change for Republicans: the House and Senate doing the work with the president signing bills. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared."

While conservative Americans are buying the line that Romney is "the leader we need", congressional Republicans are planning on a President who will simply rubber stamp everything they want and stay out of their way.

While I learned of Nordquist's comments just yesterday, I always knew this was the plan: With Romney, conservatives get a leader in name only, a figurehead they can prop into the back seat of the car so they can get it in the HOV lane, with Congressional Republicans doing the driving.

Surprised?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/02/13/grover-norqu...

• Nzinga 2012/04/27 17:01:13
    Not surprised. Someone who does not stand for anything while campaigning for ...
    Nzinga
    +5
    It seems the republican party has no alternative but to come out with the truth, finally. They hate president Obama because he is a leader, he thinks before signing, he plans on what direction the nation is going, he doesn't just sign things into law without evaluative thinking. Yes the republican party just wants a president to sign stuff, no leadership is needed for the republican party. And you wonder why the repubs are losing in the polls? They have resorted to acting like kids having a tantrum.

• Tully 2012/05/23 18:37:36
    Tully
    Puppet president? Wouldn't be the first time. At least you would have that with Ron Paul!
  • Samantha 2012/05/03 16:20:17
    Samantha
    In this case, Mitt Romney should never be in the Oval Office. Grover Nordquist is one of the worst influences on our political process.
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/05/03 06:08:19
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +2
    So they're looking for a PUPPET whose strings they can pull at will! I introduce you to pinocchio romney PINOCCHIO ROMNEY!!!
  • luvguins 2012/05/03 05:56:16
    luvguins
    +2
    The GOP if given the majority in Congress would make Romney merely a figurehead puppet. They are not thrilled with him as it is, and some teapublicans have already let him know that they will be running the show if he is president. Without him they can push their diabolical agenda.
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/05/03 05:45:14 (edited)
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +3
    Catering to the excessive demands of conservative activists like Grover Nordquist and the Tea Party does relegate the phase "Conservative Leadership" to that of an oxymoron.
  • my2cents lurx: t... 2012/05/06 23:39:23
    my2cents
    +1
    Excellent point!
  • Proggy 2012/05/03 05:31:56
    Proggy
    +3
    What's really sad is that a bunch of clock punching f*cktards are still going to go out and vote republican against them and their families best interest, out of spite, hate, ignorance, stupidity and partisanship. A friend of mine from London told me a a couple of days ago, after seeing what conservative policies have done to Europe, if we vote republicans into power America gets what it deserves.
  • my2cents Proggy 2012/05/06 23:41:47
    my2cents
    The only down side to an Obama victory will be missing out on seeing the Republican base get what they deserve.
  • Nzinga 2012/04/27 17:01:13
    Nzinga
    +5
  • Live Free Or Die 2012/04/27 01:21:55
    Live Free Or Die
    +3
    It's clear he'll say anything the Republicans and tea party want to hear, but will he do anything they tell him to? I'm not sure, but why take chances?
  • Edwin 2012/04/26 19:14:16
    Edwin
    +3
    It is always possible -- even if it is unlikely -- that Romney will develop a spine if elected. There have been famous, dramatic shifts in American politics before -- and every one of them looked weak before demonstrating unexpected strength.

...just don't bet money on it...
  • gfreeman BN-0 2012/04/26 16:54:49
    gfreeman BN-0
    +4
    Exactly what I was thinking. This is the last thing this country needs. Hopefully, if elected, he won't run off to read stories to second graders and let something bad happen.
  • explorer1618 2012/04/26 16:18:29
    explorer1618
    +4
    That is about it ! batmans two face
  • carolynb 2012/04/26 16:09:40
    carolynb
    +4
    And this is why the congressional and senate races are just as important as the presidency. We have got to make sure we vote the party of no out of office in November. That way if Romney should happen to win, the dems can keep him from passing bills that are bad for the middle class.
  • Giantfan 2012/04/26 15:59:00
    Giantfan
    +4
    Romney want's to be president so badly he'll do whatever he's told to do by the likes of the Tea Party, Grover Norquist, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, the NRA, Wall Street and the COC. He'll be the perfect puppet president for conservatives.
  • Rebel Yell 2012/04/24 14:04:44
    Rebel Yell
    +5
    Not surprised at all. 150 Republicans have signed Norquist's pledge, including Mitt. Grover is no elected official, but when he says " jump", Republicans want to know how high. When that absurd Super Committee was convened, Grover reminded the Republicans on that committee to " consider everything but remember how to vote".

Grover is delighted with Mitt the Nominee. He is popping the cork on expensive champagne every night. He would have some trouble with Newt or Ron Paul. Santorum was a big Grover fan. But Mitt will work out just fine for Grover. Just fine. President Norquist can relax now.
  • my2cents Rebel Yell 2012/04/24 16:24:39
    my2cents
    +6
    It confirms what I saw in Mitt a long time ago. That's why the GOP backed Mitt, why Fox News chose him long ago and gave him so much air time. Newt would have been a massive problem, Ron Paul a nightmare, Santorum has morals. Mitt is an empty vessel waiting to be filled.
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/04/24 13:23:44
    Artist~PWCM~
    About time a President did what he was told!
  • my2cents Artist~... 2012/04/25 18:06:44
    my2cents
    +5
    Then you admit Romney is not a leader.
  • Artist~... my2cents 2012/04/26 02:33:35
    Artist~PWCM~
    obama certainly isn't...
  • Giantfan Artist~... 2012/04/26 16:06:38
    Giantfan
    +5
    Compared to any republican out there he is. These guys you have are whimps. Limbaugh barks and Norquist says jump and they say how high. Is this what you consider a man (president) with a spine Artist?
  • Artist~... Giantfan 2012/04/27 02:32:58
    Artist~PWCM~
    So Soros has no control over obama?
    What about Reid, Pelosi, Dodd? Pretty sure obama isn't smart enough to figure out where the hoops are, he has to be led.
  • Giantfan Artist~... 2012/04/27 02:40:25
    Giantfan
    +1
    Figures you'd bring up the same 4 Fox always mentions.
  • Artist~... Giantfan 2012/04/27 12:49:31 (edited)
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    What? I'm wrong? I don't need Fox to tell me this. I've heard and read more about it right here on SH, lol! Besides, I've left out so many more...
  • Giantfan Artist~... 2012/04/27 14:39:18
    Giantfan
    +2
    Wouldn't you think it better to have your party run by actual elected officials then by talk show hosts and outsiders? Your party is deathly afraid of Limbaugh and Norquist, Beck, Hannity and Palin. At least all four of the people you mentiond have college degrees only 2 of the five I mentioned do.
  • Artist~... Giantfan 2012/04/28 12:53:21
    Artist~PWCM~
    Let's add Bill Ayers, Andy Stern, Van Jones, Rev. Wright to your list of influences of obama. Now as to their qualifications who cares? Do you really want the likes of these to be running the nation, pulling the strings on obama-puppet? Shoot, the only time I see obama having any fun is when he's on Jay Leno or Fallon's show or the View. obama is a walking breathing talk-show host! He sure isn't Presidential material...

And what about voter's remorse coming from your side of the aisle. I've read more about that here on SH than anywhere else and I've read plenty elsewhere. What's wrong peeps? Getting cold feet over that Hopey Changy thingy?
  • Giantfan Artist~... 2012/04/28 20:13:37
    Giantfan
    +2
    Well Artist if you want to put up everyone Obama knew in his lifetime as influencing how our country is run than no but just because you knew someone doesn't mean anything. Bush was friends with the Bin Ladens. Did that make Bush a terrorist? I mean this is a childish way of looking at things. Rumsfeld met Saddam does that make Bush who had Rumsfeld as his Sect. of Defense a scumbag? Some people on the right and had some very shady acquaintances but that means nothing. Anywhy I don't call Bush a terrorist because his family and the Bin Laden family were friends. Do you?
    Now why is it conservatives have an freaked out orgasm whenever a democrat goes on late night shows? I didn't hear you complaining when Palin did her SNL skit which I thought was very good by the way. I guess our sense of humor isn't as dry as say Limbaugh's and the right's by calling a girl a slut and prostitute. But maybe that humor went right over our heads. That must be it.
  • Artist~... Giantfan 2012/04/29 10:45:17
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    Bill Maher seems to like those words too and uses them more frequently...I don't hear anyone on the left telling him to shut up. As to who is friends with whom...I gave those examples by what they said, not why obama knows them. And all of them have said plenty when it comes to the destruction of the U.S. and white people in general much less women.
  • Giantfan Artist~... 2012/04/29 15:13:50
    Giantfan
    +2
    As i've told others Bill Maher is as much of an ass as Limbaugh is. Listen people are resoponsible for their own actions. The difference between the two is for some reason republican politicians are afraid to say anything negative about Limbaugh when he says asinine things the same can't be said for Maher he doesn't exibit the same influence over democratic politicians as Limbaugh has over republican politicians.
    Now you probably don't hear anyone on the left telling Bill to shut up because we don't listen to him. I don't know any of my demopcratic friends or family members who do. To us he's irrevelant but many on the right live and breath what Limbaugh has to say as I can attest to in my own family. If everyone stopped listening to these ignorant windbags we wouldn't be having this discussion now. Would we?
  • Artist~... Giantfan 2012/04/29 17:30:04
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    Ironic then that I don't and no one I know listens to Limbaugh either.
  • Giantfan Artist~... 2012/04/29 17:36:39
    Giantfan
    +2
    Come visit me I'll point you to my relatives. They are like parrots. Anything Rush has said you'll hear come out of their mouths in any debate. That's why I won't visit them. The last time I saw them was at my aunt's funeral and all I heard from them was tax the bottom 50% more and the top 1% less yet they are the bottom 50% and complain about paying too much taxes. Go figure.
  • Artist~... Giantfan 2012/04/29 17:40:13
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    Heard dat!
  • my2cents Giantfan 2012/04/30 05:45:01
  • Giantfan my2cents 2012/04/30 15:38:47
    Giantfan
    +1
    I didn't hear that but he makes a perfectly excellent point.
  • #Justic... my2cents 2012/05/03 06:28:13
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    I know but they worship the ground Rush walks on. I guess them "christian conservatives" forgot the 1st commandment:

Exodus 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me...

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them.
  • Nestofa... my2cents 2012/05/03 19:43:33
    Nestofasssps
    Its VERY true.
  • my2cents Artist~... 2012/04/30 05:44:28
  • Artist~... my2cents 2012/04/30 13:06:49
    Artist~PWCM~
    What does it say about them listening to him regardless?
  • Giantfan Artist~... 2012/04/30 15:40:08
  • my2cents Giantfan 2012/04/30 18:48:57

2014/10/25 03:32:20