GOP proposes "Democrat Socialist Party" name change. Good idea?

Natasha 2009/05/16 00:13:47
Yes, the Democrat Socialist Party is a good idea.
No, the Democrat Socialist Party is NOT a good idea.
I think the GOP....
There's a new Republican effort to rename the Democratic Party. Some members of the RNC are proposing to rename their foes the "Democrat Socialist Party", reminding everyone of their efforts to prior efforts to rename french fries "Freedom Fries". White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs laughed off the the suggestion. Do you think it's a good idea to rename the Democratic Party, the Democrat Socialist Party?

• . morning... 2009/05/21 13:47:37
    .
    I think President Obama is the scapegoat for what has been wrong in this country for a long time. NOT that he is perfect..HE IS A HUMAN BEING...doing a nasty job he was left with....and is doing what he can is all.
  • morning... . 2009/05/21 13:54:51
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +1
    He is a symptom of a major problem. One that we've had for decades. A president can only take so much blame and credit for what happens. A more than compliant Congress are responsible for what has been going on for decades, including the manipulation and deception of this public.
  • . morning... 2009/05/21 14:25:28 (edited)
    .
    I am always amazed at the inability of voters having so little knowledge of our Political System. How the House and Senate work, how bills are passed etc.What exactly Congress does and the responsibilities of the House, and so much more.

Must be getting old, hated this in high school. HOW could history and this boring stuff effect me??

WELL....leaned the hard way.

Now I kind of thrive on it.
    And let me tell you a scary fact. Go online search the Aryan Nation, etc..they have open blogs. You can get a good jist of how they are using this dissension to further their hate agenda. They laugh about it.

President Obama being elected was the best thing to ever happen to the hate mongers.And the real Nazi's.

They pick up some hidden racists that can now say how they really felt all along about the black race, but use it in a political forum where it gains legitimacy.

And they put a wall of suspicion on others, whose agenda might be a better political system, but when they back the haters they get lumped in and judged as such. They are using the internet and this election and dissatisfaction to propogate their own agenda.

Go onto their blogs...and read what they say about President Obama, and their plans and how they laugh at causing such dessention among both parties. It is terrifying.
  • morning... . 2009/05/21 14:35:31
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +1
    It is no accident that voters aren't informed as they should be. The government is, and has been, using public school institutions to pretty much dumb down Americans. History books, today, are nothing like and nowhere near as informative of those I've seen from the early 40's.

I am resentful of the racists, both open and hidden. Frankly, I am grateful that the country has come so far as to elect a man of color. I know that there were many people who voted for him because they believe in him and not on the basis of his color.

I, personally, don't agree with his political philosophy, but that's pretty much standard operating procedure since I have yet to have a president I've agreed with in the 22 years since I came of age to vote. Unfortunately, due to the people you have mentioned, I sometimes get lumped into their category, despite the fact that I fought GW vehemently. I am very resentful of that since I have fought against prejudice damn near my entire life.

I'll pass on going on the blogs of those hatemongers. I know they're out there and come in many varieties. I don't wish to give them more attention than they deserve. Attention is what they want. They won't get it from me.
  • Winterm... morning... 2009/05/16 22:21:05
  • morning... Winterm... 2009/05/16 22:25:55
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    I don't think it was the same for Clinton, Tape Operator. I just don't know, Tape Operator. This election did have quite a bit of historical significance to it with a black man and a woman as serious contenders to the Presidential seat. Perhaps, that's what got their attention. I do wish they'd have woken up long ago, though.
  • Winterm... morning... 2009/05/16 22:48:35
  • morning... Winterm... 2009/05/16 22:59:41
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    I hadn't noticed. I'm glad you pointed it out. Good luck to you.
  • Winterm... morning... 2009/05/16 23:18:34
  • morning... Winterm... 2009/05/16 23:22:16
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +1
    Seems like a tough row to hoe anyway you cut it when people aren't even willing to be open to possibilities or different ideas. I truly wish you good luck.
  • Beccy morning... 2009/05/17 03:28:44
    +2
    How true.
  • . Winterm... 2009/05/21 13:42:54 (edited)
    .
    +1
    I don't think people are freaking out as is purpotrated anymore than would have been a boost for women if Hillary had won. Anymore than the Union felt about winning the Civil War, at the time. All were firsts, and we all feel elation at that. I have even heard some adamantly against President Obama, but still really felt some pride at his election.

We meaning the majority that voted for our current President, do have thoughts and brains. Except for a few,most of us gave it great thought.
    I would certainly NEVER want to be a politician ...many lose their initial spirit to get where they are.

I do think much is put on the left to feel that we idolize President Obama. How else can others cut him down so much..unless they build him up so much. It has been less us than the Conservative Party that has put him on a pedestal..though I am sure they would deny it. I and most I know DO NOT think he is anything but a human being, doing a lot of first's and being left in a no-win situation. AND he shows more compassion and intelligence than the last 8 yrs. in my view. have never NEVER experienced such hatred for any one politician in my life
  • Winterm... . 2009/05/21 14:05:58
  • . morning... 2009/05/21 13:30:51
    .
    +1
    I can relate, lost friends and found out were not really friends after all.
  • morning... . 2009/05/21 13:39:45
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +1
    Like water off the back. Certainly don't need the extra baggage.
  • . Winterm... 2009/05/21 14:35:57
    .
    +1
    Seems people always awake when they get slapped in the face. And a black man as President, at a time in history of terrorist activity and lots of fears...is a big slap. lol
  • Winterm... . 2009/05/21 14:51:27
  • . Winterm... 2009/05/21 15:10:01 (edited)
    .
    +1
    It is the ability to see the forest through the tree's. Within every negative grows a positive. Neither can exist without the other. Yin, Yang.
    I like to believe on the other side of this fiasco is a clearer view that tilts the earth's axis a bit in the end.
  • Winterm... . 2009/05/21 15:59:12
  • . Winterm... 2009/05/21 16:47:49 (edited)
    .
    +1
    My husband always says..let em bring it on.!!
  • Winterm... . 2009/05/21 16:52:48
  • Marie Winterm... 2009/05/16 17:32:08 (edited)
    Marie
    Right towards corporate welfare style socialism??? Its Obama taking control of corporations and banks!!
  • Winterm... Marie 2009/05/16 18:07:37
  • Marie Winterm... 2009/05/17 13:57:52 (edited)
    Marie
    Right with????? When the president of the country has the right to fire the CEO of corporations, and insurance agencies he is surely taking control! He is also talking about putting caps on salaries- This is happening NOW!
  • Winterm... Marie 2009/05/17 16:39:02
  • . morning... 2009/05/21 13:22:42 (edited)
    .
    +2
    There are many problems to fix in our Political system. Its still the best in the world in my view. But changes can be made, and should be made. And all change takes time.

This will not happen overnight, but it can change. But it sure won't happen with name calling and divisiveness. Somehow I think there is a method to their madness. Divide and conquer as you said. If I call you names, you will dig in your heels. It is human nature. And we all need to let cooler heads prevail and make sure we are trying to make change for the better for all Americans, NOT just a select few.
    And frankly, its our own damn fault we all became too complacent. As long as our own personal lives were going great, don't think or worry ourselves with the American Political Process. Why even know how the system works. Just go to the polls, vote one way no matter what any candidate stands for...or just don't vote at all. WE are all to blame, and until we admit that the world will continue to get worse..and there will be sadly more division. Sorry, I went on...but I do agree more than some may know on certain areas. And I do listen,and I do my homework. I don't just parrot what another ally does.
  • morning... . 2009/05/21 13:41:26
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +1
    Good for you. An open-mind and honesty are going to be what it takes for us to overcome this schism we've got in this country. It is a statistical impossibility that either the right or left can be 100% right or wrong.
  • . morning... 2009/05/21 14:49:12
    .
    +1
    Well said my friend. BTW..I was on the hate blogs doing research for an article. Found it really hard not to say what i really thought. If you knew me personally you'd know HOW true that is...LOL friend btw hate blogs research article personally true lol
  • morning... . 2009/05/21 14:51:29
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +1
    Well, then, that makes two of us. I think keeping our mouths shut is overrated.
  • . morning... 2009/05/21 15:24:20
    .
    I think we may have screwed up for a spit second anyway...the purpose and agenda of this poll...
  • morning... . 2009/05/21 15:32:51
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    We may have deviated from the agenda, but I think we have made progress. There are two people from different sides of the political spectrum conversing. That's more progress than the government has been responsible for in decades.
  • Kino morning... 2009/05/21 16:57:49
    Kino
    +2
    Exactly. Well said and reasoned, you two. I think I just got a little choked up.
  • morning... Kino 2009/05/21 20:40:25
    morning40oz~mad as hell
    +2
    I'll throw in an F-bomb if it'll make you feel better. Just kidding. I think open, honest communication is the only way we are going to get through this and save this country from itself, Kino.
  • Kino morning... 2009/05/21 20:41:37
    Kino
    +2
    Yep. Too true.

E Pluribus Unum
  • John "By God" American 2009/05/16 08:11:58
    I think the GOP....
    John "By God" American
    +2
    Should focus on rebuilding their own party and actually find some leadership, instead of worrying about the name of the Democratic party.
  • Angie ~ AMERICAN PATRIOT 2009/05/16 07:20:40
    Angie ~ AMERICAN PATRIOT
    +1
    I believe if the shoe fits.. and it does.. then yes.. good idea!
  • Lynn 2009/05/16 06:55:25
    Lynn
    +2
    We calls 'em like we sees 'em....
  • KODA 2009/05/16 06:25:42
    KODA
    +2
    THE SHOE FITS !!!!
  • . KODA 2009/05/21 15:28:49
    .
    gosh you guys are gonna have me run outta shoes..but here is some more for ya. gosh guys gonna run outta shoes ya
  • Dandydon 2009/05/16 06:05:38
    Dandydon
    +4
    If it looks like a dog and barks like a dog..........

2014/08/01 11:57:24