GOP governor calls on Romney to release more tax returns

Sinpac 2012/07/15 01:41:01

WILLIAMSBURG, Va. - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley, in an interview with
ABC News today, called on presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney to
release his tax returns in order to show voters that he has "nothing to
hide."

Bentley said that Romney's refusal to release more returns has created a
"distraction" that Democrats were successfully exploiting.

"I just believe in total transparency," Bentley told ABC News at the
National Governors Association conference. "In fact, I was asked today
that question - do you think that Governor Romney should release his tax
returns? And I said I do. I said, I release my tax returns. I may be
the only public official in Alabama that does, but I release mine every
year and I just believe that people should release their tax returns.
And if you get them out and just get past that, it just makes it so much easier."

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/gop-governor-calls-mitt-romn...

• Giantfan 2012/07/17 00:12:52
    Giantfan
    +1
    I'm waiting. I think it will be interesting to see where his money came from and where it is.
  • Q 2012/07/15 16:18:13
    Q
    +2
    And the calls for his lynching begins in...three two one.
  • XZQZQ 2012/07/15 08:12:25
    XZQZQ
    Romney to release his records AFTER Obama releases ALL of his...
  • Giantfan XZQZQ 2012/07/17 00:15:59
    Giantfan
    +1
    Obama released 12 years of tax returns. Bush released 8 years of returns. Romney's father released 12 years. What's Mittens hiding?
  • #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT... 2012/07/15 08:04:13
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +2
    IMHO Romney's got something he wants hidden & that's why he isn't following the example his father set before him. I'd like him to do what his dad did, 12 years worth.
  • gogleer 2012/07/15 02:08:18
    gogleer
    Since he has met all requirments by law he should pay a lawyer a million dollars to seal all his records from any further scrutiny by o-bama and the demo's because they get so confused. Thats what o-bama would do. Didn't he, then tell'em to piss-off
  • Giantfan gogleer 2012/07/17 00:17:35
    Giantfan
    +1
    Obama didn't he released 12 years worth of tax returns. Try again there wingnut.
  • gogleer Giantfan 2012/07/17 00:35:43
    gogleer
    o-bama did pay to have his records sealed and it only toke two years for him to find a birth certificate. Romney has met all requirments by law. obama is liying and digging because he can't talk about his pathetic record, the economy, fast & furious, the sickening o-bamacare tax, nothing. All he can do is lie, I guess it defines his supporters too.
  • Giantfan gogleer 2012/07/17 04:22:11
    Giantfan
    +1
    Listen republicans are saying he should release his tax returns for more years. He released 23 years worth to McCain when he thought he might be his VP. Even republicans pundits think he has something to hide. I hope he doesn't release anymore. That's better for us. We can accuse him of anything we want and if he doesn't release them he can't defend against the accusations. He's a fool.
  • gogleer Giantfan 2012/07/17 20:33:34
    gogleer
    Demo-scum are going to accuse and make up lies with or without evidence, facts or anything else because o-bama's record, what hasn't been sealed, is so pathetic. This trash proves my point you all look desperate. This peace of trash presidential want-ta-be has taken the Presidency and the country to new lows. You must be proud.
  • Sinpac gogleer 2012/07/17 21:26:02
    Sinpac
    You ever think about doing stand up?
  • gogleer Sinpac 2012/07/18 01:57:07
    gogleer
    Thought about being a demo one time but never been one to sit and wait on handouts or have I tried to benifit from someone else's efforts. Being a pimp, drug dealer, thug or a lieing politician has never been appealing to me, but stand-up no, never.
  • Sinpac gogleer 2012/07/18 02:41:41
    Sinpac
    I see you have been listening to way to much talk radio. Just a little info for you Bud I am a Democrat (proper spelling) and I have worked ever since I was able to get a work permit I believe I was 15. So go bang your drum some where else. No one has gave me anything I have worked for everything I have, Nice try though.
  • gogleer Sinpac 2012/07/18 21:55:51
    gogleer
    "Sure you have" but according to o-bama,youve done nothing on your own "well I'm sure" you are one out of how many one thousand, two thousand. It is surprising though, only thing you see demo's do these days is spend other peoples money. Tell me smart guy, hard-working demo "LMAO" How many of the 50% that pay no taxes at all do you think are demo's? I'm betting a lot.
  • Giantfan gogleer 2012/07/18 05:23:15
    Giantfan
    I hope he doesn't release them, oh the fun we'll have with old can't walk right cause there is a broomstick up his ass Romney. I never saw someone walk so stiffly in my life. It's like no one ever taught him how to walk. I laugh just thinking of it. You guys picked a pisser that's for sure. But then again look at the rest of the choices you had. lol
  • Schläue~© 2012/07/15 01:51:07
    Schläue~©
    Let's see.... this is about the 5th time this non story has been put up today and it's still as meaningless as it was the first time.
  • Sinpac Schläue~© 2012/07/15 01:59:31
    Sinpac
    +2
    Not for me and my friends. Mitt Romneys blunders never get old. See how this works you guys have been doing this for almost 4 years now and if Romney wins we will be doing it for the next four years starting the day he take office if that happens.
  • Schläue~© Sinpac 2012/07/15 02:08:11
    Schläue~©
    Well, the first salvo was fired across the bow at the WH press briefing on Friday and Carney about choked on his spleen. That was just a question about college records and I can just imagine the questions that will be asked after Sheriff Arpaio's press conference on Tuesday.

By September, there wont be enough left of 0bie to nominate. Who else ya got?
  • Sinpac Schläue~© 2012/07/15 02:24:32
    Sinpac
    +2
    Who else ya got? I might ask you that same question after almost 4 years romney is who you bring to the plate. Come on now really. The guy has a head fracture.
  • Schläue~© Sinpac 2012/07/15 02:43:36
    Schläue~©
    On the contrary, he has a proven track record with the exact skills that are desperately needed right now.

We don't need another phucked up lawyer who wasn't even good at that.
  • Sinpac Schläue~© 2012/07/15 12:42:01
    Sinpac
    Ok Schlaue they call that the Karl Rove effect
  • Schläue~© Sinpac 2012/07/15 13:09:46 (edited)
    Schläue~©
    I don't recall Rove stooping to such lows as Axelrod and 0bozo have with their blatant lies about Romney in a desperate attempt to paint him as an outsourcer and accusing him of criminal behaviour.

But don't take my word for it. John King, David Gergen and Anderson Cooper from CNN wrap it up rather concisely and once again, this will prove to be yet another failed attack by camp 0bozo while covering his own outsourcing via the stimulus package and underhanded dealings.

Who's the outsourcer .... with borrowed Taxpayer funds?

http://www.obamanomicsoutsour...
  • Giantfan Schläue~© 2012/07/17 00:22:06
    Giantfan
    +1
    Nor another cowboy or an outsourcer is needed.
  • Schläue~© Giantfan 2012/07/17 00:25:43
    Schläue~©
    Here's your outsourcer right here. Try to dispute this.

Full details:

http://www.obamanomicsoutsour...

Tracing Obama's Overseas Investments
    Electric Cars

Obama handed over billions of dollars in loan guarantees and stimulus awards pursuant to his goal of putting one-million electric vehicles on the road by 2015. Much of that money ended up leaving our shores. A $2.4 billion stimulus program to support battery production sent nearly half of its money to foreign firms, including two South Korean companies that used their awards to hire foreign nationals in Michigan to do work that Americans easily could have done. In the end, despite all the money Obama handed out, electric vehicle sales have lagged and The Washington Post deemed his goal of one million electric cars "overly optimistic."
    Wind Farms

Obama's stimulus included over $8.5 billion in grants for wind farms that flowed overseas, despite Congressional criticism from both sides of the aisle. In total, over half of the money went to either foreign developers or foreign wind turbine manufacturers, creating thousands of jobs overseas with money that was supposed to create jobs within the United States. Even worse, hundreds of millions of dollars went to wind farms that began construction before the stimulus was passed. The end resu...

Full details:

http://www.obamanomicsoutsour...

Tracing Obama's Overseas Investments
    Electric Cars

Wind Farms

Obama's stimulus included over $8.5 billion in grants for wind farms that flowed overseas, despite Congressional criticism from both sides of the aisle. In total, over half of the money went to either foreign developers or foreign wind turbine manufacturers, creating thousands of jobs overseas with money that was supposed to create jobs within the United States. Even worse, hundreds of millions of dollars went to wind farms that began construction before the stimulus was passed. The end result of all this spending: the wind energy industry lost 10,000 jobs last year.
    Manufacturing TaxCredits

As Obama was doling out over $2.3 billion in clean energy manufacturing tax credits that were supposed to create jobs in America, $880 million went to foreign firms. Worse still, some of those same recipients are now closing up shop and shipping jobs overseas.
    Loan Guarantees

Remember Solyndra? The problems with Obama's loan guarantee program don't end there. The largest recipient of Obama's program to jumpstart green energy projects was the Spanish Company Abengoa, which took in $2.7 billion in loan guarantees for three of its projects. Other projects importing foreign-made solar panels are, much in the same way as Fisker Automotive, choosing to make their products overseas.
  • Giantfan Schläue~© 2012/07/17 04:29:34
    Giantfan
    +1
    Here is the thing. Romney has to defend himself for outsourcing while at Bain and as governor of Mass. People are hearing the ads everyday about how he pioneered the outsourcing of jobs. Obama has him by the short hairs. Good luck trying to turn it around even if it is factual. Americans are a stupid lot. They listen to ads. The first ones out on a certain subject win the battle. Romney is so slow no one will pay attention if he accuses Obama on outsourcing. It's like a kid saying to someone, you're stupid and the other says no you're stupid. All the other kids say the second kid was nothing but a copy cat even if he was correct and the first kid was stupid. LOL
  • Schläue~© Giantfan 2012/07/17 05:03:34
    Schläue~©
    Guess again.
    0bie will be walking this back and whomever decided to take that route made a fatal mistake for his campaign.
    This has already been debunked 6 ways to Sunday and they will rue the day they attempted to BS the populous ONE MORE TIME.

This was all orchestrated to get out ahead of Sheriff Arpaio's press conference tomorrow which will mark the beginning of the end.

Facts are funny things and if there's anyone running short.... it's Barry Soetoro Davis.
  • Giantfan Schläue~© 2012/07/17 05:14:15
    Giantfan
    +1
    Who cares about that fool of a sheriff, not us. Your hero's are flag wavers. Too bad they are for show only. Being a patriot isn't waving a flag it's actually caring for fellow Americans. Just like in combat. You don't ask if the guy next to you is a democrat or republican, a conservative or liberal. You depend on that person to keep you safe and he does you. Some very patriotic people don't wave flags or wear flag shirts or hats and some scumbags do.
  • Schläue~© Giantfan 2012/07/17 05:18:57
    Schläue~©
    Suit yourself.... he wont last until the convention.
    They cannot even officially nominate him and they knbow it.
    The ones being duped are the progs.
    The DNC has already given up any hope of keeping the WH and have him out there pimping for cash to salvage the Senate,.

We've been waiting 44 months for this moment.
  • Giantfan Schläue~© 2012/07/17 15:43:28
    Giantfan
    +1
    The ones being duped are middle class and working conservatives thinking the republicans will ever do anything to benifit them.
    Have you ever taken a look at the things the republicans offer the middle class. Let's take a look.
    The right to own assualt weapons.
    The right not to get contraceptives in their healthcare policy.
    The right for men to get paid more than women for doing the same work.
    The right for a woman to have a vaginal probe at her own expense.
    The right to have dirty air and water due to removing regulations on polluting companies so as to increase their profits.
    The right to get block grants in place of Medicare costing the average person thousands of dollars a year.
    The right to personal freedoms whatever they may be.
    The right to give women the right to buy a healthcare plan that costs more than a man's policy.
    The right to raise taxes on the middle class to give more taxcuts to the wealthy.
    The right to hide who gives what to whom meaning anyone with enough money can buy an election.
    The right to purge legal citizens from the voting blocks to make sure their guy wins.
    Yes republicans offer the american middle class all these things but what they don't offer is anything that benifits them to make their financial life any better.
  • Schläue~© Giantfan 2012/07/17 16:03:53
  • Giantfan Schläue~© 2012/07/17 16:16:28
    Giantfan
    You know what i have never read the DailyKos but if it makes your little mind feel better thinking I did be my guest.
    Conservatives are still stuck in the "Dark Ages" mentally but guess what? That's an improvement for them. They've made it all the way from caves to the Dark Ages in mentality. As Frank Barone would say, "HOLY CRAP".
  • Schläue~© Giantfan 2012/07/17 16:26:17
    Schläue~©
    And yet.... not ONE solution rather than take from these guys and give to those.

This ain't Europe sweet-cheeks. We had a few battles YEARS ago because we wanted a country that WASN'T like Europe.

Is it too much to ask for ONE country on the planet where people can achieve what they set out to do with the sky being the limit or fall as far as they choose to because they're not willing to put out the necessary effort?

There are plenty of countries around the World that practice the socialist mentally you speak of..... and last time I checked, they're all going down the tubes after 60+ years of failed social experiments and social Darwinism.
  • Sinpac Giantfan 2012/07/17 19:59:37
    Sinpac
    +1
    It's funny GF everyone of these points can be proven but you are asked to shove them up your @ss. Crazy ain't it?
  • Giantfan Schläue~© 2012/07/17 15:46:17
    Giantfan
    It's no wonder we see the Tea Party and right wingers as simpletons and fools.
  • #Justic... Sinpac 2012/07/15 08:13:52
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    That fake military man is really funny. Romney "has a proven track record" of the "skills that are desperately needed right now." We both know what Romney's track record is.

1. RomneyCare
    2. Raised taxes (oops--fees) countless times in MA.
    3. MA dropped down to #47 in job creation among the 50 states in the USA.
    4. Outsourced jobs while governor of MA.

And these are ONLY some of the bad things he did while GOVERNOR of MA.
  • #Justic... Sinpac 2012/07/15 08:05:53
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +1
    Nah, I'd like to start as soon as the election is called. That's when the RePUBLICANS let loose on President Obama.
  • Giantfan Schläue~© 2012/07/17 00:20:18
    Giantfan
    +1
    And yet you still answer. It's really true. Conservatives are more likely than liberals to keep making the same mistakes over and over again as you keep doing by answering the same questions over and over. Geeze monkees learn faster then conservatives do.
  • Schläue~© Giantfan 2012/07/17 00:30:50 (edited)
    Schläue~©
    Here's something different for you to chew on. Get used to seeing this.

ssa1
    pica ssa2
  • Giantfan Schläue~© 2012/07/17 04:31:49
    Giantfan
    +1
    What the hell is that suppose to mean?
  • Schläue~© Giantfan 2012/07/17 05:04:46
    Schläue~©
    Watch Arpaio's press conference tomorrow @ 5:30 PM Eastern.

2014/07/23 03:14:24