GOP elector won't vote for Romney and resigns - Yahoo! News: Agree?

Foxhound BN0 2012/09/14 18:18:09

AMES, Iowa (AP) — A Republican appointed to the Electoral College, Melinda Wadsley was expected to cast her vote for Mitt Romney if he won the state of Iowa in the presidential election.

Wadsley decided Thursday she couldn't in good conscience vote for Romney — she had backed Ron Paul during the GOP primary — and resigned to allow the Iowa GOP to choose someone else for that duty.

"I have always been a straight-ticket Republican, and for the first time in my life I am an undecided voter, therefore, I need to resign my position as a Republican presidential elector," Wadsley said in an email exchange with The Associated Press.

NEWS.YAHOO.COM reports:
From Yahoo! News: A Republican appointed to the Electoral College, Melinda Wadsley was expected to cast her vote for Mitt Romney if he won the state of Iowa in the presidential election.

wadsley expected cast vote mitt romney won iowa presidential election

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/gop-elector-wont-vote-romney...

• evangelism_vision 2012/09/15 21:50:51
    Disagree
    evangelism_vision
  • gocar 2012/09/15 00:15:27
    Agree
    gocar
    +2
    I think they should all resign and allow the popular vote to rule. One man, one vote, is how people like to think of democracy. Not I did not say a Republic.
  • Superman 2012/09/14 21:11:38
    Disagree
    Superman
    +2
    Shes a Paul nutter. Big deal.
  • Max7 2012/09/14 19:38:08
    Agree
    Max7
    +1
    Surely, this does not surprise anyone does it?
  • Sport_Geoff 2012/09/14 18:59:20
    Agree
    Sport_Geoff
    "she had backed Ron Paul during the GOP primary" — this tells us everything we need to know.
  • Nick Name 2012/09/14 18:44:29 (edited)
    Agree
    Nick Name
    +2
    By admitting she wasn't loyal to the chosen Repub and therefore could not hold her position she showed integrity and professionalism.

And, in my opinion, having integrity and being professional automatically disqualifies her to be a republican/conservative. But, to me, Ron Paul is more of a kook that Mittens Romoney - so what the hell do I know?
  • Guru Casper BN-ZERO 2012/09/14 18:26:00
    Agree
    Guru Casper BN-ZERO
    +2
    her right!
  • Rustie 2012/09/14 18:25:26
    Disagree
    Rustie
    +2
    But it's her choice. So what?
  • TuringsChild 2012/09/14 18:21:32
    Agree
    TuringsChild
    +2
    The DemoPublicans have gone too far this year. BOTH sides are cheating openly. It's time to kick BOTH Parties to the curb and start fresh.

2014/08/29 10:22:21