Good Guns Can Kill Bad People

☆astac☆~PWCM 2012/12/15 17:52:01

The progressives hadn't let the blood dry on the classroom floor in Newton, CT before they were using the deaths of all those children to leverage their cause of gun control. Had conservative broadcasters attempted to exploit such human suffering, they'd be roundly denounced as soulless ghouls and rightly so. When I first read online of the killings, I just shook my head in sadness then immediately steeled myself for what I knew was coming from the hysterical lefties. They did not disappoint although, I must confess to a certain despair that Mayor Bloomberg has become such a predictable old scold. Can we not somehow sue this turkey for calling himself a Republican?

Another horrific mass murder and if we could not predict its timing we could predict its site within certain parameters. With predictable regularity, the most lethal of these types of attacks take place in public venues such as shopping malls, restaurants, theaters, with the deadliest frequently being institutions of learning. We are all familiar with the Columbine High School killings in which 12 students and a single teacher died or the Virginia Tech massacre where 32 people died. Fewer remember the 2006 killing of five Amish schoolgirls by a milk truck driver or the Jonesboro, AR school shooting in which five died, gunned down by fellow students. How many remember the memorable name of Kip Kinkel, an Oregon high school student who murdered his parents and two students in 1998? Or what about that Red Lake, MN mass killing where nine died in 2005? Of course everyone remembers the Aurora, CO theater shooting, but what about the 2007 Arvada, CO school shooting that left five dead?

The point I'm attempting to make here is that these tragedies recur with an irregular chronological predictability, but with a largely predictable targeted area, school campuses, be they elementary as with this latest tragedy, or high school as at Columbine, or university as with Virginia Tech. Other than their educational bond, they all share another commonality, the one which most likely leads to their selection by the perpetrators as the scenes for their slaughters: they are all sites where the presence of firearms is strictly prohibited and enforced with zero tolerance. There is no one to shoot back and thus deter the shooter from his maddened mission. Think about it, most of these mass shootings end with the suicide of the killer after he has accomplished his goal. Few are ever killed by authorities or captured.

Read More: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2012/12/good_g...

• JT For Political Reform 2012/12/18 17:50:03
    JT For Political Reform
    +2
    There have been mass killings since man came on the scene. Just look at the holocaust in Germany for one.

The worst school killing didn't use guns at all, it was dynamite. The year 1927 in Bath, Michigan, an irate person by the name of Kehoe who was miffed over school taxes set timed dynamite inside a school in various places on the beams that held up the school structure and blew up the school killing 38 children. The principle got a bunch of kids out and to a safe place saw Kehoe running across the grass towards his car and when the principle went to talk to him, Kehoe blew up his car killing himself, the principal and 3 bystanders. So this type of thing has been going on because people who are nuts do nutty things. Gun bans will do nothing at all to stop this. When they ban guns, then the murders will use bombs, knives, pipe bombs anything they can get. And making these things are easy as hell.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/12/17 03:21:53
    Ozzyboy
    +1
    Where are the statistics citing just hoe many lives have been saved because a homeowner or potential victim had a gun to defend themselves????
  • JT For ... Ozzyboy 2012/12/18 17:40:06
    JT For Political Reform
    +2
    They don't want to show those stats, it would show there are sane people that are not out stalking to kill people, but defending themselves.
  • Ozzyboy JT For ... 2012/12/18 21:51:08
    Ozzyboy
    I know of at least two little girls who are alive and unharmed because of using a gun to defend themselves. These are the stories the main slime media will not report.
  • Woof 2012/12/16 22:54:13 (edited)
    Woof
    +1
    Where are the gates and security cameras alarm warnings. Where's the security infrastructure ? Here a gun was used to kill the most vulnerable and innocent of us. I wish the teacher had one! This is an ugly happening. Crazy people can mass kill with or with out guns.
    +1
    Guns in the hands of good people saved the world from Hitler, but I will remind you that Hitler had guns as well and he used gases to murder 6,000,000 Jews among millions of others. Mass murder has happened on a much grander scale under totalitarian dictators that will put the Newtown, CT trajedy to shame. The 2nd Amendment has been the greatest deterant to such dictators both here in America and abroad. When our 2nd Amendment disappears, it will not be long before before an even greater dictator will rule the world!
  • Tarheel 2012/12/16 05:25:49
    Tarheel
    Considering a mentally unstable person took the guns from his home because his mother had several (including an assault rifle), I think they have a point.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/12/16 05:00:40
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +3
    The vultures were circling before the bodies were cold, totally inappropriate and using them as political pawns cheapened their deaths.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/12/16 04:55:51
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    I am afraid that our liberties are about to go. The very weapons that we are going to need to take this country back are going to be denied us. The writing is on the wall.
  • gregory... ☆stillt... 2012/12/16 16:32:43
    gregory.brown.5030
    +2
    To quote Whitey Ford " All I need Is the Stone that's in my hand:. During WW2 the allies dropped thousands of one shot zip guns into France. They came With a piece of Bazooka bubble gum and a cartoon set of instructions showing how to sneak-up behind a German and put a round in his head, then take his weapon. Instant armed resistance. I only hope that the Military remembers that its main function is to defend the Constitution.
  • ☆stillt... gregory... 2012/12/16 16:56:15
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    I just hope that the military does not forget to protect the people from the government.
  • gregory... ☆stillt... 2012/12/16 17:04:49
    gregory.brown.5030
    +2
    Exactly!!
  • Common Sense Conservative 2012/12/16 04:50:45
    Common Sense Conservative
    +2
    I 100% agree. Now let's see what the liberals think. Oh that's right, they think that if we had gun control that none of these tragedies would have ever happened. Are liberals really that stupid? YES
  • TidBit 2012/12/16 03:19:26
    TidBit
    +4
    Guns are only as dangerous as the person behind the trigger.
  • ZERO 2012/12/16 03:12:36
    ZERO
    +4
    On a practical level, if you want to defend a school from a school shooter, you need armed and trained personel on site to stop the attacker. I think it would be overly expensive to hire a bunch of armed security guards to defend each school, so I would say the best bet would be to train and arm school staff.

Every staff member who passes the qualifications should be trained to defend their school from armed attackers, their classroom or office should have a (well secured) gun locker with a semi automatic rifle, ammo, a flack jacket and helmet.

That might make a difference. Both in terms of response and in terms of prevention because I don't think most mass shooters desire heavy and immediate opposition, they seem to like soft targets.

armed israeli teacher
  • Common ... ZERO 2012/12/16 04:52:26
    Common Sense Conservative
    +3
    And I would guess that we would have many more civilized kids graduating in our schools as well.
  • OneOfTheAmericanPeople 2012/12/16 03:05:57
    OneOfTheAmericanPeople
    +2
    A Gun is a tool, the individual who wields that tool can either use it as a weapon or for protection!
  • kfallslady 2012/12/16 02:02:53
  • Beccy 2012/12/16 01:40:06
    +3
    This isn't an issue about guns it is an issue of the value of life. What kind of monster would kill little 5 year olds the week before Christmas.
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/12/16 01:25:30
    RicardoCabeza
    +1
    Bad Guns can as well, and it is too bad the Principal did not have this under His desk loaded with paper clips and red tape for a fitting message. toy gun
  • Tuna 2012/12/16 00:33:10
    Tuna
    +6
    Every law abiding gun owner in the USA just wishes he/she could have been there to stop this nut from killng our kids. They hope they can be there the next time to stop the next nut before he fires the first shot.
    good gun owners
  • kfallslady Tuna 2012/12/16 02:19:38
    kfallslady
    +4
    good post!
  • Tuna kfallslady 2012/12/16 13:52:43
    Tuna
    +2
    Next time something like this happens (God forbid) these pansy LIBS will be looking for someone with a gun to protect them.
  • Fredrick House 2012/12/15 23:01:13
    Fredrick House
    +2
    Bad people use bad guns to do bad things. Outlaw bad people, keep them locked up or shot trying to escape or harm people. Do you want to be a bunch of
    Sheep or free people?
  • Don 2012/12/15 22:50:33
  • joe keeney 2012/12/15 22:28:56
    joe keeney
    +2
    Whiners and crybabies only want bad guys to have them. Rosie O'donnel you can have them but my bodygruards can. You can't make this crap up about the amount of fools in this country. Back under your rocks.
  • reaper 2012/12/15 21:31:44 (edited)
    reaper
    you really think a teacher will have enough time to pull out a gun and start firing when a guy walk in a room already armed?

OP blocked me because he doesn't like it when people fight back. sounds like a bitch move to me.
  • ☆astac☆... reaper 2012/12/15 21:47:35
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +3
    We can always get rid of people like you, that would keep us safe
  • reaper ☆astac☆... 2012/12/15 21:50:15
    reaper
    are you advocating murder?
  • ☆astac☆... reaper 2012/12/15 21:55:58
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +2
    Not advocating anything
  • reaper ☆astac☆... 2012/12/15 22:38:29
    reaper
    i'm sorry, did i not read a post you made taking about getting rid of people? do tell me what you intend.
  • ☆astac☆... reaper 2012/12/15 23:17:15
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +2
    Seems you are projecting
  • reaper ☆astac☆... 2012/12/15 23:29:38
    reaper
    no, tell me, what are you intending?
  • ☆astac☆... reaper 2012/12/15 23:38:25
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    I am not intending anything. But if you ever come to Alaska, give me a call
  • reaper ☆astac☆... 2012/12/15 23:41:14
    reaper
    now, is this some kind of threat?
  • ☆astac☆... reaper 2012/12/15 23:53:59
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +2
    Just want to show you some ice bergs that float in and out of the bay, and maybe the mud flats, very pretty place up here, not many people.
  • Common ... reaper 2012/12/16 04:54:58
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    Dude, get a life. You're an idiot.
  • lark 2012/12/15 21:14:16
    lark
    +2
    when a car is used as a weapon do you want to ban cars? When a knief is used wil you ban knives. When some one evil wants to kill many people they will use what ever they can, if they can't get a gun they will go online & find out how to build a bomb. Most normal (not evil) people do not think of killing any one. It is not the gun it is the evil person.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/12/15 20:55:55
  • Charles White 2012/12/15 20:35:55 (edited)
    Charles White
    I been calling for banned on all firearms from the first day I joined SH.
    A gun will be used in an infinitely small percentage of the time that you own it. At any point when you are not using it in self-defense, something can go wrong. Weapons are more difficult to properly use and maintain without special training than realized by most people. Guns are harder to aim than people think and firing one accurately in a crisis situation is even more difficult. Emergencies are unpredictable. “You can’t say you will be prepared and safe because you have a gun. You never know what you might be facing. You will be able to hedge your defenses much better if you instead invest in a very good security system.” Guns are dangerous. “There is no safety that can’t be overcome, by a six year old....In another horrifying scenario, what if you are disarmed…? Now your weapon is his weapon…” Even in a best case scenario, you might have to kill someone. 65% of offenders are known to their victims; consider the possibility that the target will be a loved one, friend, or neighbor. I’ll add one more: every gun owner that insists that if they had been at that latest mass shooting, with their trusty gun, that lives would have been saved are assuming flawless execution. Who knows what happens when you start a crossfire in a crowded public space? That’s why police prioritize evacuating as many people as possible from the area before engaging the shooter.

2014/10/23 16:37:46