God endorses the Romney campaign?

Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2012/01/16 16:29:48
At least thats the way one woman tells it.

SUMTER, S.C. - Amid shaking hands and signing campaign posters, Mitt Romney did something he has never done before on the ropeline: He took out his wallet and handed a wad of cash to a woman waiting to shake his hand.

The woman, 55-year-old Ruth Williams, says she has been following the Romney campaign since he arrived in the state on Jan. 11, when she said she received a message from God to track him down.

"I was on the highway praying and said, 'God just show me how to get [my] lights on,' and I pulled up to a stop sign and his bus was there," said Williams, who has been unemployed since last October. "And then God said, 'Follow the bus,' and I followed the bus to the airport."

According to Williams, she followed the campaign bus to the Columbia airport on Wednesday, the same day Romney was arriving from New Hampshire. When Romney wasn't on the bus, aides told her to go to the rally scheduled in Columbia later that day. When she showed up, Romney found her to say hello and pulled over South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley to say "hello" too.

"He was kind to me and he made Gov. Haley come see about me," Williams said. "He stopped doing everything."

Williams, who would not specify how much money Romney gave her, said also that South Carolina Treasurer Curtis Loftis paid her light bill on Thursday. A spokesman for Loftis, one of Romney's major endorses in the state, confirmed to ABC News that he paid Williams' bill. While Loftis didn't know the amount of the bill, he confirmed that he gave her $150.

"God didn't tell me to go to nobody else, he told me to pray for Romney," said Williams, when asked why she has decided to support Romney. "I listened to the Lord."

So much for the "pull your own self up" Republican concept.

Read More: http://gma.yahoo.com/romney-gives-unemployed-woman...

• Sir_Smoksaloth 2012/10/12 18:42:59
    Sir_Smoksaloth
    +1
    Spell with me : s-c-h-y-z-o-p-h-r-e-n-i-a or p-s-y-c-h-o-t-i-c....

God, told her... She actually heard the big guy's own voice... yeah, right.... Makes so much sense... How about the ghost of Abe Lincoln? Elvis Presley too?

When you hear voices in you head, you seek the help of a psychiatrist... you do not "follow a bus"...

Some are abysmally pathetic...
  • findthelight2000 2012/01/16 22:06:30 (edited)
    findthelight2000
    +1
    Anytime it is said that God endorses any particular candidate, that is a candidate you do not want to vote for. It is not a voice to be trusted.
  • Joe Shw... findthe... 2012/01/16 22:11:22
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    but apparently hand outs are OK for Rethug's.
  • Max 2012/01/16 17:50:37
    Max
    It's great to have faith. It's also great to be persistent and secure your needs. If this incident really happened the way it is portrayed, it looks like a win-win situation.
  • Ol'Dave 2012/01/16 16:45:25
    Ol'Dave
    This STORY SMELLS OF A PUBLIBITY STUNT!!! Even IF TRUE I defie ANYONE to PROVE IT WAS 'OF GOD'!! Sounds like a deseption, from THE PRINCE OF DECEPTIONS to me.

2014/10/26 01:13:28