Go Dutch

Welshtaff 2012/03/19 01:41:28

Go the Dutch - but why wait until 2013?
The Netherlands , where six per cent of the
population is now Muslim, is scrapping multiculturalism:
The Dutch government says it will abandon the long-standing model of multiculturalism that has
encouraged Muslim immigrants to create a parallel society within the Netherlands .

A new integration bill, which Dutch Interior Minister Piet Hein Donner presented to parliament on June 16, reads: "The government shares the social dissatisfaction over the multicultural society model and plans to shift priority to the values of the Dutch
people.
In the new integration system, the values of the Dutch society play a central role.

With this change, the government steps away from the model of a multicultural society.

The letter continues: "A more obligatory
integration is justified because the government also demands that from its own citizens.

It is necessary because otherwise the society gradually grows
apart and eventually no one feels at home anymore in the Netherlands ..

The new integration policy will place more demands on immigrants. For example, immigrants will be required to learn the Dutch language,and the government will take a tougher approach to
immigrants who ignore Dutch values or disobey Dutch law.

The government will also stop offering special subsidies for Muslim immigrants because,
according to Donner; "It is not the government's job to integrate immigrants."
(How bloody true).

The government will introduce new legislation that
outlaws forced marriages and will also impose tougher measures against Muslim immigrants who lower their chances of employment by the way they dress. More specifically, the government will impose a ban on face-covering, Islamic burqas
as of January 1, 2013.

Holland has done that whole liberal thing, and realised - maybe too late - that creating a nation of
tribes will kill the nation itself.

The future of Australia , the UK and Canada may well be read here.

READERS NOTE: Muslim immigrants leave their
countries of birth because of civil and political unrest "CREATED BY THE VERY NATURE OF THEIR CULTURE."

Countries like Holland Canada the UK and
Australia have an established way of life that
actually works, so why embrace the unworkable? If Muslims do not wish to accept another culture, the answer is simple; "STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!"

This gives a whole new meaning to the term; 'Dutch Courage' - Unfortunately Australian UK
and Canadian politicians don't have the ... guts to do the same. There's a whole lot of truth here!!!!

ELECTION 2013 IS COMING A Nation of Sheep, Breeds a Government of Wolves! I'M 100% for PASSING THIS ON!!!

Let's Take a Stand!!!

Borders: Closed!
Language: English only!
Culture: English
Constitution, is the Bill of Rights!
Drug Free: Mandatory Drug Screening
before Welfare!
NO freebies to: Non-Citizens! We the people are coming!!!

• svenn13 2012/05/11 01:16:25
    svenn13
    Africa is called “the Black continent” EVERY DAY. But nobody is saying “Africa is not a Black continent! There is no Black country!”

China is called “the Yellow giant” EVERY DAY. But nobody is saying “Asia is not a Yellow country! There is no Yellow country!”

Israel is called “the Jewish State” EVERY DAY. But nobody is saying “Israel is not a Jewish State! There is no Jewish State!”

Anti-Whites like YOU complain ONLY when EVERY White country and ONLY White countries are called “a White country”.

You say you are anti-racist. What you are is anti-White.
    Anti-racist is a code word for anti-White.
  • Warrior Dude 2012/05/10 16:19:29
  • robert.k.pavlick 2012/04/04 02:32:46
    robert.k.pavlick
    +2
    Well I certainly agree with Mr. Donner. I am not xenophobic; I enjoy visiting other countries, and learning about other peoples. I enjoy trying their foods, listening to their music and experiencing their culture, but then I like to go home to my own familiar foods and culture. I don't want to be outnumbered and feel like I am living in a foreign county when I go to the local grocery store or bank or even when walking around my own condominium complex.

When I visited Egypt, I wore their clothes and ate their food and respected their culture. And when I visited Peru, I did the same. I have traveled to 11 foreign countries and have respected the cultures of all eleven. I simply expect the same behavior in return; maybe not so much from visitors, but certainly from those that are going to live here. Is that so unfair or unjust? I wouldn't think of going to live in another country if I was unwilling to learn their language or respect their laws and unwilling to assimilate.
  • Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan... 2012/03/24 18:40:00
    Zamboni - Madoka Magica fan BN0
    I'm sorry to dissapoint you, but the Liberal values are the Dutch values. It was the Dutch people who thought that same-sex marriage was a great idea. Most dutch population goes well with larger individual freedoms, and the reason why most are annoyed at many muslims is because they disrespect these liberal values.
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/03/19 16:26:06
  • Theresa 2012/03/19 09:58:32
    Theresa
    +5
    I am encouraged by the reforms the Dutch parliament are instituting. It is way past time to oppose these invaders.
  • cut and... Theresa 2012/03/19 11:26:02
  • cut and... cut and... 2012/03/19 11:26:25
  • Bucky 2012/03/19 07:51:56
    Bucky
    +2
    Are you kidding me?
    Dutch are hypocrites regarding the muslims in Europe!

• my2cents 2012/03/19 07:05:32
    my2cents
    +1
    I thought conservatives didn't want the U.S. to become like European countries!

Isn't that what you all are always saying here? "Obama wants to make the U.S. into a European style country".

And here you are saying America should do as the Dutch do?

Pick a lane, people! Either you want to be like the Europeans or not. Make up your minds!
  • Whizzy 2012/03/19 05:25:38 (edited)
    Whizzy
    +1
    It's just a review of what is already going on and making some rules stricter which should have been done years ago

The Dutch "liberals" (you mean the left I assume, Liberals in Europe are however on the right side of politics as are the democrats, left are called socialists, progressives are somewhat centre) have been saying the multicultural society as it was implemented was a failure for almost 20 years. It was way to non-committal to immigrants and was the reason many first generation immigrants never really integrated into the society. However when we said that we where called racists. Now the right wing populists are not only take the points the left brought up but use it to wage a "war" on ALL immigrants that are either from the middle east or eastern Europe.

What many on the far right in the Netherlands fail to see is that it is just a small group that fails to integrate(like i said, first generation immigrants, mostly from Turkish and Moroccan decent, say about 15%). The second and third generation is integrating fine though. However right wing nuts like Geert Wilders are scaring the people with all kind of doom scenarios like "we gonna have sharia law soon in Holland" "they gonna take over the country" and crap like that.

Yes there will be a ban on wearing burqa's in pu...

Yes there will be a ban on wearing burqa's in public which I fully support for multiple reasons, one of them being that for example bus drivers can see if the face matches the bus subscription ( how you call that in the USA? a bus ticket that is valid throughout the year?) or so a police officer can match the face with the ID (something that is mandatory to have with you at all times)

However, our borders are not "closed" (in fact, except for harbors and airport all our borders are wide open)

Language...speak the language of the country you wanna live in, in the Netherlands we speak Dutch, I find it weird the US has no official language

Culture: Dutch? mwah, our culture has always been a mix of many cultures around the world, what does for you qualify as "English culture"? and don't you mean American or US culture instead? (the UK culture is significantly different from the US or Australian culture)

Constitution: Did you know the American constitution was influenced by the Dutch version? (then called the Republic of united provinces)

Welfare: we have NO drug testing before welfare. But then, we hardly have a drugs problem (in contrary to popular believe that we live in modern times Sodom and Gomora)

Non citizens: this situation is slightly different from the US situation, we have no illegal immigrants sneaking over the borders, the illegal immigrants in the Netherlands are asylum seekers that got denied, because the government is handling this in the wrong and very bureaucratic way, many of these people get kicked out to the street before they are getting kicked out of the country, the result is that they disappear into the underground and thus become illegal immigrants. Yes we provide healthcare and housing for these people because that simply is the correct thing to do. If they would be send back straight away instead of waiting months the problem would be much smaller.

I do agree with "shape up or ship out. If you want to live in a country, learn the language, have respect for the culture and behave. Integration needs to start with the immigrant but should be supported by the "natives", it's a two way street.
  • my2cents Whizzy 2012/03/19 07:08:49
    my2cents
    +1
    "we gonna have sharia law soon in Holland" "they gonna take over the country" and crap like that.

The same is being said by the American Right.
  • cut and... my2cents 2012/03/19 11:27:12
  • cut and... cut and... 2012/03/19 11:27:50
  • my2cents cut and... 2012/03/19 20:12:03
    my2cents
    +1
    Dominionism says Christians should rule the world.

Try using words from now on.
  • cut and... my2cents 2012/03/26 01:36:04
    cut and paste king
    +1
    Got it
  • my2cents cut and... 2012/03/19 20:06:16
    my2cents
    +2
    Looks photoshopped. Seeing isn't believing anymore.
  • Richard Hungwell AKA Relent... 2012/03/19 05:00:48
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +2
    Culture: English
    Constitution, is the Bill of Rights!

Wait... What?!?!?

Are you confused about what country you are in? or are you just really concerned with England?
    +3
    A good model for all countries.
  • Cliff 2012/03/19 03:55:59 (edited)
    Cliff
    +4
    Well that stupid liberal coexist idea didn't work so good did it? LOLOLOL

Gomer Pyle surprise
  • Flamingolady 2012/03/19 03:33:01
    Flamingolady
    +3
    Wow, a country that actually has a backbone and doesn't pander to the politically correct horses^%^. Thank you Netherlands, for courage to pass on to other nations. Of course USA is led by a Muslim, so won't fly here unless and until we learn to grow a set and get him out of office. Obama Muslim Obama Muslim
  • D D 2012/03/19 03:02:01
    D D
    +4
    I am so proud of the Dutch! Wonderful!!

eri
  • jr 2012/03/19 02:31:47
    jr
    +6
    I do not mind the Muslim people, but they can leave their sharia law back home and adapt to US law

mind muslim people leave sharia law home adapt law
  • brampater jr 2012/03/30 01:37:07
    brampater
    +2
    You 'r right but your last two words in the Netherlands they don't except. Oh yea there are also good people. They study and has great jobs. Dutch people jobs!!! The biggest problem in the Netherlands is they are over socialized and there is no way back.
  • Mog of War 2012/03/19 02:28:53
    Mog of War
    +4
    Borders: MONITORED!
    Language: CHOSEN BY THE STATES!
    Culture: AMERICAN!!!
    Constitution, is THE ARTICLES, THE BILL OF RIGHTS, AND THE SUBSEQUENTLY VOTED AND RATIFIED AMENDMENTS

It would actually require a constitutional amendment to make English the official language of the United States. Not saying it's a bad idea. I'm just stating that the greatest things we have inherited from the English are transcendental. In a way all who invest in Magna-Carta are English, and all who derive their social compact from The United States Constitution, are American. Both societies have a naturalization process, and both have issues of people not enacting the steps to join into the social compact. But there's no need to enact new process. We merely need to resume proper enforcement of the process we already have.
  • KCurtis 2012/03/19 02:24:00
    KCurtis
    +5

Here's an eye opener.
  • my2cents KCurtis 2012/03/19 07:11:38
    my2cents
    +2
    Fear porn! How fun!
  • Biki~pwcm/potl~ 2012/03/19 02:10:28
    Biki~pwcm/potl~
    +5
    Almost shutting that barn door before it is too late for the Dutch. But they might have woken up in time. Only time will tell, now they will probably be targets to that "peaceful" religion.
  • ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/03/19 02:05:14
    ὤTṻnde΄ӂ
    +4
    You want to be like the Netherlands? Me, too. They have MANDATED HEALTH INSURANCE. The Netherlands was ranked first in a study comparing the health care systems of the US, Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Germany and New Zealand.
  • Whizzy ὤTṻnde΄ӂ 2012/03/19 05:44:57 (edited)
    Whizzy
    +3
    haven't you heard Santorum? we have elderly here in the hospitals with bracelets saying "please don't euthanize me" cause no less then 10% of deads in Holland is due to euthanasia and of those 50% involuntary.

Of course that is not even slightly the truth (we have not legalized murder yet), I think we have a pretty good healthcare system but the Americans don't want it because it is a very socialistic system we use
  • rudeboy Whizzy 2012/03/19 06:44:46
    rudeboy
    +3
    You believe Santorums lie after Dutch people exposed the misinformation?
  • Whizzy rudeboy 2012/03/20 01:32:51 (edited)
    Whizzy
    +2
    uh, my friend, I AM Dutch, or didn't you pick up on that? Of course I know that it is a lie.
  • rudeboy Whizzy 2012/03/20 06:10:11
    rudeboy
    +2
    You are more American than Dutch.

Santorum lied....only a RWNJ American still believes Santorums lie on euthenasia. Google it or keep being misinformed
  • Whizzy rudeboy 2012/03/20 11:28:53
    Whizzy
    +2
    I am more American then Dutch? That is the first time someone said that to me lmao. where do you base that assumption on?
    Oh and maybe try re-reading my posts because your barking up the wrong tree here, I KNOW HE LIES, THAT WAS MY POINT TO BEGIN WITH
  • rudeboy Whizzy 2012/03/20 11:36:50
    rudeboy
    +3
    Oh....so sorry!!!!!!!

It's hard to detect sarcasm on the internet in text form.

Sorry!!!
  • Whizzy rudeboy 2012/03/20 13:11:33
    Whizzy
    +1
    I appreciate the excuse and of course accept :)
    don't worry about it, I have made the same mistake also, recognizing and admitting it shows character.
    handshake
  • rudeboy Whizzy 2012/03/20 14:13:01
    rudeboy
    +2
    Thanks!

Wow.....I was so angry with Santorum and his supporters that I jumped the gun!
  • my2cents Whizzy 2012/03/19 07:14:48
    my2cents
    +2
    American conservatives LOVE Europe when it does something that they support, like this current thing in the Netherlands.

Otherwise, American conservatives demonize Europeans.
  • MsTlynn... Whizzy 2012/03/19 18:37:30 (edited)
    MsTlynne #NoJusticeNoPeace
    +1
    Proof of those bracelets, please?????? SanScrotum is a liar and the truth isn't in him. He is just trying to capitalize on your fear of all things Obama. Btw, his obsession with sex is going to blind him. It really doesn't matter anyway because he'll never be president of anything except maybe his local PTA.
  • Whizzy MsTlynn... 2012/03/20 01:38:39 (edited)
    Whizzy
    +3
    MsTlynne, I can't give proof of what doesn't exist, of course mr SanScrotum (lol nice find, I though Mr Insanetorum was a nice one too) lies his pants off. My wive is currently in the hospital with a broken hip and she is on the same ward as many elderly people, I can tell you when they heard what this man said they where outraged. (which was kind of funny to watch I must admit). There is very good care for this people and in my country nobody has to fear going to a hospital. I must say I think we indeed have one of the best healthcare systems in the world but guess what, it's a socialistic system :)

2014/12/22 00:25:20