Glenn Beck is sick of 911 victims complaining and Republican Congressman Joe Walsh (R-IL) is sick of War Hero Tammy Duckworth having both her legs blown off in Iraq.

FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/07/03 16:07:15

You remember Republican Congressman Joe Walsh, right? He's the deadbeat dad who had to be sued for $117,000 in child support. I guess he hates amputees as much as he hates single moms. Go GOP!!

Though he never joined the military himself, Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) disparaged his Democratic opponent’s military service at a town hall on Sunday, saying that she’s not a “true hero.”

Walsh is running against Tammy Duckworth, a double amputee who lost both her legs in Iraq when insurgents hit her helicopter with an RPG in 2004.

The Tea Party freshman opened the Elk Grove town hall by arguing that Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was reluctant to discuss his own military service in 2008, which made him a “noble hero.” By contrast, “Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about,” Walsh said.

WALSH: Understand something about John McCain. His political advisers, day after day, had to take him and almost throw him against a wall and hit him against the head and say, “Senator, you have to let people know you served! You have to talk about what you did!” He didn’t want to do it, wouldn’t do it. Day after day they had to convince him. Finally, he talked a little bit about it, but it was very uncomfortable for him. That’s what’s so noble about our heroes. Now I’m running against a woman who, my God, that’s all she talks about. Our true heroes, it’s the last thing in the world they talk about. That’s why we’re so indebted and in awe of what they’ve done.

Duckworth chose to become a helicopter pilot because few other combat roles are open to women. She has served for more than 20 years, earning the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and receiving multiple military awards, including a Purple Heart, an Air Medal, and an Army Commendation Medal.

Yet, because she has the audacity to mention her military service, in Walsh’s eyes she’s not a “true hero.”

Read More: http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/07/03/51044...

• S* 2012/07/06 04:42:08
    S*
    +1
    Priceless!
    I guess Walsh did not serve, but he "respects" our military service personnel. Sums it up.
    Typical Hypocrite.
  • RicardoCabeza 2012/07/03 22:32:06
    RicardoCabeza
    +1
    Sen. McCain was embarrassed by the fact the N.V. broke Him and made Him say a bunch of things that He did not believe, This does not make Him less of a soldier, it does not make Him less of a Man for not hyper ventilating Himself into cardiac arrest. Walsh and Beck are a couple of coddled dough boys that would not have lived through Boot Camp, I think it would have been fratricide... I think We should draft Mr. Beck and Walsh to repair missiles in flight...
    +1
    And people WANT the GOP in control?
  • Skeptikat 2012/07/03 19:12:04
  • Zuggi 2012/07/03 17:38:41
  • jdemme 2012/07/03 17:05:18
    jdemme
    +1
    Glad I'll get the opportunity to vote this clown out.
  • HarleyCharley 2012/07/03 17:02:29
    HarleyCharley
    there are scum in both parties....
  • S* HarleyC... 2012/07/06 06:01:32
    S*
    but he is scum.
  • FAWKES'... HarleyC... 2012/07/06 06:09:06
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    So that absolves Walsh? Nice. You're right... there's scum in both parties... and you're part of it.
  • mymoon 2012/07/03 16:21:02
    mymoon
    +2
    I am at a lost for words. This is very sad, why cant he just talk about issues. As a mother whose son is in his 3rd tour this angers me.

2014/08/01 14:12:03