Given the Economy and Rising Food Prices, will you be giving extra to your foodbank this winter?

JMCC 2012/09/08 19:01:21
Related Topics: Food, Economy, Prices
Yes I will...
I will do this instead...
No because...
Given the rise of food prices in July and the anticipation of higher prices going into the winter, will you be giving extra tins and dried goods to your local foodbank this winter?

• Sophie 2012/09/09 06:58:33
    Yes I will...
    Sophie
    +2
    Yes, especially in rough times it is critical to continue giving when it is needed the most. I donate to many funds, animals, people, conservation....
  • Marcus Clark 2012/09/09 03:57:42
    I will do this instead...
    Marcus Clark
    +1
    I give regularly to my church. They provide assistance to those in need as appropriate. In some instances they call for specific donations to help a particular "case." I have gone to the store and bought a bin and filled it with groceries and donated the whole thing in such circumstances.
  • DefendnProtect 2012/09/08 21:31:23
    No because...
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    In my country I got taxed 80% (income, VAT and company tax). Unemployed people on welfare in my country get about $2000 a month.

I think $2000 a month is way too high and 80% tax is virtually communism.

If tax and welfare was lower I surely would contribute generously.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 14:11:39
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    How did you work that out? Did you compound them or work out how much money they took? Because tax in the Netherlands definitely isn't the highest... But $24000 is £15000 - They should be getting about half that.
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 14:21:51
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    I took a crude estimate.

52% income tax + 20% VAT + 25% company tax

The latter is effectively lower and has to be added to VAT, so I took a lower rounded number.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 14:58:17
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    So approximately 70% tax on income and 20% tax on the remainder, so a further 6%. But 52%, it only gets that high in the millions of pounds sterling annual income over here...
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 15:25:43
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    52% is paid over income higher than € 55.694 a year here.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 15:55:45 (edited)
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    I took a look, it said higher than £750,000... At €55700 it says it's 39%... Ah, after further research, the official tax is 52%, but it is decreased by a rebate.
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 16:01:46
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    39% is very high too imo.

If Dutch gov budget is cut back to 2007 levels, we can get rid of the whole income tax. That´s what my party is fighting for. Unfortunately many people in my country can´t imagine abolishing income tax.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 16:06:13
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Why did they increase the budget by so much? I agree, 35% should be the maximum rate, any more is uncompetitive. I hate the income tax, i would prefer to replace them with Land taxes, corporate profit taxes, higher dividend and capital gains taxes, luxury taxes, general consumption taxes and health taxes. Income taxes are amongst the easiest to avoid and amongst the least ethical.
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 16:30:39
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    ´I hate the income tax, i would prefer to replace them with Land taxes, ´
    Exactly it´s not needed. I can imagine some taxes on use too. Gasoline about $10 a gallon here. I guess you got similar prices in the UK.

´amongst the least ethical.´
    Very true.

´Why did they increase the budget by so much?´
    Subsidizing banksters directly and via Greece/Spain, more people collecting $2000 a month welfare, more money towards EU bureaucrats/subsidies, more ´foreign aid´, more government.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 16:39:46
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    The equivalent of $8.30 per US gallon. Fuel levies are way too high, they should self adjust to keep the price of petrol at £1.00/l or €1,20/L. Continuity is better than increasing. It's more ethical to tax unearnt income where resources or money are the reason for income rather than labour. Oh god, not the EU again, hasn't that been abandoned yet? Useless regulatory centre, it takes a big chunk of taxes and harms the economy no end, there's a reason Europe's flailing and the US is growing... By what percentage did they increase it by?
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 16:44:58
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    Not sure. Accounting is getting blurred by off balance sheet ´guarantees´.

Love Nigel..
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 18:28:07 (edited)
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    I looked for their budgets, I couldn't find any details... You can find every detail about government expenditure in the UK, but not about The Netherlands... Nigel is great, I support his party, UKIP.
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 18:33:15
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    I wish we had a Nigel in my country. Will vote for the Libertarian Party coming Wednesday. I hope they get one seat to have a decent anti European superstate voice in our parliament next to our right wing Israeli Islamophobe Geert Wilders.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 18:38:56 (edited)
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    For the time being we're stuck with the LibCon coalition, and LibLabCon, the three main parties, are corrupt and subservient to the liberal agenda/the EU. I shall have to take a look at the Dutch elections. Geert Wilders looks interesting...
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 19:06:47
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    Geert Wilders is interesting, but also very wrong imo. His loyalty is with extreme right wing Israelis first.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 19:11:30
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Islam should not be accepted in society though, unless they are Ahmadi Muslims. Banning Halal meat should get rid of most of the Muslims that follow Al Qaeda philosophy...
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 20:25:49
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    I got quite a few Muslims in my city.. they can vote our Muslim party...guess what? Nobody does. Most actually like some Western liberties. And why would they come here if they didn't?
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 20:29:48
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    They're not like that here... They hate us, our values, our culture, many of them are in terrorist organisations, they rape and pillage and kill their children to preserve their honour - the Non-Ahmadi Muslims are mostly barbarians! I'm guessing that you have lots of Ahmadi Muslims in the Netherlands.
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 20:34:30
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    I don't know. They mostly come from Morocco and Turkey. The people from Turkey have a lot of honor and work very hard. Second generation Morocco guys have high crime rates and are a problem in some neighborhoods, but their sisters are excelling at our universities.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 20:40:28
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    That's why - we have a lot from the Middle East and Pakistan, Traditional Non-Ahmadi Muslims often with links to terrorists.
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 20:43:08
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    Terrorists are often confused with freedom fighters.

Many Muslims want us Christians/atheist out of their holy lands. I can't blame 'm.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 20:46:12
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Many of them want to destroy Western Civilisation as well.
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 20:55:20
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    Nope they don't. They just want us to stop invading, bombing and occupying their countries, stop propping up our utter corrupt torturing police state dictators, and stop being hypocrite about Israel.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 21:06:09
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Many do. The Qur'an tells the to convert everyone and destroy everyone that doesn't. Those fundamentalists follow the Qur'an by the word, and will try and destroy us. many are not like that, but there are too many that are...
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 21:23:39
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    I have to disagree. Muslims are fighting to get rid of Western occupation and their dictators. Yes they call Allah Akbar in need, which is about the same as help me God.

Patriots of Misrata against the mercenaries of Qaddafi..

Liberation of Tripoli..
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 21:25:38
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    They have been fighting us for a lot longer than we've been over there... We don't help, of course, but Al-Qaeda have hated us since before we've been fighting them...
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 21:32:57
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    Al-Qaeda is CIA sponsored freedom fighters.

It's called Mujahedeen.

911 of course is a hoax by the elite bankster dynasties to begin a fake war against terror.
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 21:39:08
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    I'm inclined to agree with 11/09 being an inside job, but I don't believe in that conspiracy... We have also had 7/7 over here and lots of troubles with muslims, hundreds of muslim asylum seekers that go round raping people and kidnapping them, etc... But then, I live near an area where muslims are particularly bad, there are none in my village though, luckily...
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 21:42:19
    DefendnProtect
    It's inside and outside job by the only people really profiteering from wars between Christians and Muslims..

• Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 21:44:35
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Not sure about that still, I'm inclined to think the Muslims are behind it, but working with the US government...
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 21:55:13
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    All propaganda and war is against Muslims. Why would they do propaganda against themselves?

If you want to know more of it.. The following is a documentary with false flag terror history and lots of facts instead of fake Bin Laden videos..
  • Anonymo... Defendn... 2012/09/09 22:00:53
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    +1
    Not really. And they don't care. They just want their 27 virgins and fast track to Jannah.
  • Defendn... Anonymo... 2012/09/09 22:21:45
    DefendnProtect
    +1
    We disagree on this issue. That's ok with me. Thank you for the nice conversation for now.
  • JMCC Anonymo... 2012/09/09 20:44:12
    JMCC
    +1
    Yes, that is not my experience either.

I lived in the West Midlands for four years and have friends in Leicester, all the Muslims I knew (and there are a huge number in both those areas I am sure you will agree), were friendly and many were becoming Westernised.

I am not sure where you are in the UK, but I can assure you that your experience is not the norm...
  • Anonymo... JMCC 2012/09/09 20:48:09
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    It does depend on the area. I live in a village near a very multicultural town, rampant crime by muslims. And you've heard about the muslim rape gangs, I'm sure. Some do become westernised, many refuse...
  • JMCC Anonymo... 2012/09/09 20:58:57
    JMCC
    Not Bedfordshire by any chance?
  • Anonymo... JMCC 2012/09/09 21:06:55
    Anonymouse ~superdoge~
    Oh, bingo. Lovely place, I'll leave in a few years with any luck...
  • JMCC Anonymo... 2012/09/09 21:19:29
    JMCC
    Typically you would have the luck to be in the one place in the country which is quite radical on BOTH sides of the divide... ;)

2014/09/23 22:37:39