Get your ass on that bike!

Samantha 2012/05/02 18:06:52
Today, America kicks off National Bike Month, our annual homage to two-wheeled travel. Here in Seattle, Grist’s hometown, every month can seem like bike month: Hearty souls ride in weather when full scuba gear is requisite. But today brought sunshine, and cyclists swarmed the streets, swerving through traffic, towing kiddie trailers through downtown rush hour, and generally acting like they owned the place.

It was great to see so many people out riding. I was also afraid I was going to see someone die. So for the sake of a safe and successful Bike Month, Grist is offering up a challenge to would-be bike commuters everywhere — and a few suggestions on how to get started.

Read More: http://grist.org/biking/get-your-ass-on-that-bike/

• Schläue~© 2012/05/02 18:11:03
    Schläue~©
    Fine, follow the rules that drivers of motorcycles and all other vehicles have to abide by, or get your ass run over.
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/05/02 19:56:45
    Samantha
    If you think you have the right to deliberately run over a biker, let's hope you have a good attorney.
  • Schläue~© Samantha 2012/05/03 12:22:29
    Schläue~©
    I didn't say that but I certainly don't swerve and put others at danger when the pedal pushers run red lights and stop signs.
  • Samantha Schläue~© 2012/05/03 22:50:16
    Samantha
    All the bikers I know follow road rules; when I bike I'm very conscious of what's around me and I obey all traffic signals. Obviously, there are bikers who don't follow the rules but, then, there are drivers who don't follow driving rules.

2014/04/17 10:16:07