GET OVER IT! Chick Fil A's owner, Does Not Support EVERYTHING!

Trish 2012/07/29 21:14:26
Your Right!
Your Wrong!
I'm Opinionated Says My First Amendment Rights So I'll Say Whatever I Want To Say!
Some Of You Need A Chill Pill.

This is why I cannot tell people my views on gay marriage because people get too offended.

One guy who owns a multi-million dollar corporation who is a Christian I may add, simply doing what he believes in gets millions of backlash because SOME PEOPLE throw tantrums.

HELLLOOOO It's America people
We have the right to our own opinions. So get over it!

Now wait a second...
If he was denying you some Chicken solely based on your sexuality now i'd be mad. (no stereo typing pun intended)
If he said,

"Oh You Gay? NO JOB FOR YOU!"

I would be pissed.

There is a fine line between being a bigot, and being opinionated.
Not EVERYONE agrees with homosexuality.
I'm cool with it, I may not agree with the marriage part but I will not vote to keep you from being happy.

Chick Fil A's owner might...
But that doesn't mean he's a bad person, nor does that mean he hates all Gays.

Everyone needs to calm down. Quit going off on a tangent because you think people MUST hate you because they don't agree with you. Or because your different.

That is life
When some doesn't agree. SO GET OVER IT.

You probably will drive to the nearest Chick Fil A and order some food anyway.

I love chick fil A
I asked them to make a restaurant in my home town, because they taste good!

• Shelly Sue 2012/07/30 03:32:36
    Your Right!
    Shelly Sue
    +3
    I agree. Get over it! Dan Cathy did not say that he did not like gays and that he would not serve them. He simply said that he supports marriage between a man and a woman as opposed to same sex marriage and people explode and it makes headlines. This is his right to feel like this and it is his constitutional right to speak as he feels. Yet some feel as if he should be forced to change how he feels. He stated that he was a Christian and here in this country we have a constitutional right to worship as we please. The Bible actually does condemn the act of homosexuality. If some people engage in it or feel as if they were born that way (which is not any scientific proof of ) then they do not have to eat at his establishments. However, I don't think from what I have read that it would hurt his business. The people of the homosexual groups are also mad because he has made donations to anti-gay groups that are fighting same sex marriage but again, that is his right. He doesn't want same sex marriage I suppose for the same reason I do not. It would get into the church and stop freedom of religion. The church would have to perform the marriages of same sex couples or face fines and punishments.if they did not. I applaud him for his courage.

• Sweet-N-Sour 2012/08/02 00:50:09
    Your Right!
    Sweet-N-Sour
    You're right, and it is interesting to note that Obama, just a few short months ago, was standing by his statement that marriage is between "one man and one woman" and nobody was freaking out then. Can you say hypocrites? Whatever, I just wish people would realize that disagreeing with something or not just blindly accepting every single aspect of behavior is not the same as hate or discrimination. I don't agree with a lot of things people do but I certainly don't hate them. I would be pissed if those people tried to put me out of business because I wouldn't bend to their demands of telling me how to think.
  • Fashionable60s 2012/08/01 19:49:59
    I'm Opinionated Says My First Amendment Rights So I'll Say Whatever I Want To...
    Fashionable60s
    +1
    Yeah, Mr. Cathy has the right to express his belief but all of us should be able to buy his sandwiches regardless of what he is saying. If the quality of his sandwiches are bad then you have the right to go somewhere else but not because he disagrees with you. You can't politicize everything you disagree with and act like a tyrant if you can't get your way. He runs a successful business because his food is good, people like it and like the price, not because he is a religious man.
  • ComeOnNow 2012/07/31 10:27:11
    Your Right!
    ComeOnNow
    +1
    Tthe democrats are going to try to make up yet another "war on". Here Chic-fil-a, clearly a religious company thy is about the only one closed on Sunday, just says he supports traditional Marriage and the democrats are all up in arms, yet Obama entertains and kisses the rears of the Muslim Brotherhood that wants to stone them all to death, not to mention jews, adulters, women that drive, whitey, blacks, asians, hispancis, and pretty mich everyone, yet not a peep is said. Democrats are so inconsistent that they really are a puzzling bunch that really seems to stand for nothing of substance except Hand outs really.
  • 4dc 2012/07/30 22:40:11
    Your Right!
    4dc
    +1
    enough of the "in your face" if your not pro gay your a homophobe...do whatever you want in the privacy of your own domicile...just leave it there
  • voice_matters 2012/07/30 15:29:41
    voice_matters
    who cares what he says.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/07/30 14:39:26
  • betz 2012/07/30 11:04:06
    Your Right!
    betz
    +2
    You're right in your words. We can all say what we want and it's a shame we can't respect each other's views on things. BTW...I will be going to Chik-Fil-A in the near future.
  • Shelly Sue 2012/07/30 03:32:36
    Your Right!
    Shelly Sue
    +3
  • JL 2012/07/30 01:49:25
    Your Right!
    JL
    +1
    LOVIN' MY CHICK FILET!
  • ImageBandit ~ American Patriot 2012/07/30 01:18:37
    Your Right!
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    I will have a broiled chicken sandwich a group of fries and a sprite - hold the opinion - thats none of my business - first amendment
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/07/30 00:51:59
    Your Right!
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
  • Vision of Verve 2012/07/30 00:48:48
  • I am not real 2012/07/29 22:31:31
    Your Wrong!
    I am not real
    Oooooh well whoooopy dooo, "He´s a Christian I may add" And that counts for what exactly?
    I dont wish him ill but I genuinely hope his company folds.
  • Trish I am no... 2012/07/29 23:24:48
    Trish
    +4
    It counts for that is what he believes in. Dont like it? Thats too dang bad.
  • Herb I am no... 2012/07/30 00:52:57
    Herb
    +2
    will never happen mu pastor said they we packed on friday he couldnt get in plus a lot more christians in this country.160m 300m in us
  • voice_m... I am no... 2012/07/30 15:31:17
    voice_matters
    libby seeing many christians feel gay marriage is wrong that is what it counts for. being ignorant lib will get you the block
  • Schläue~© 2012/07/29 22:17:17 (edited)
  • ehrhornp 2012/07/29 21:24:07
    Your Wrong!
    ehrhornp
    Being a Christian unless he can show me specifically where Jesus says homosexuality is bad, he cannot use that as an excuse. Unless he can point to a 10 commandment which is against homosexuality, he can't say God is against it.

Lots of people just do what they think is right. That is why so many blacks were lynched in the past, why American Japanese were locked up during WWII, A gay kid was crucified in Wyoming, etc. Sure does not make it right and such things should be resisted.
  • Trish ehrhornp 2012/07/29 23:25:37 (edited)
    Trish
    +5
    The bible specifically states that homosexuality is wrong. Jesus did not have to say it, Jesus did not make the rules, God did. Huge misconception.
  • ehrhornp Trish 2012/07/29 23:30:10
    ehrhornp
    Where exactly did God say homosexuality is wrong? Jesus did not have to say it? Was there anything that prevented him from saying it? Remember Leviticus is just a book in the bible and is not God. Paul is not God.
  • Trish ehrhornp 2012/07/29 23:35:49 (edited)
    Trish
    +4
    Wait...so you know Leviticus written by Paul by the word of God, who told him to write that...you know it's in there, first said he never said not to man on man, woman on woman and then acknowledged that he did say it?

"You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination." Lev. 18:22
  • ehrhornp Trish 2012/07/29 23:45:43
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Paul wrote Leviticus? Paul is in the new testament. How could he write a book in the old testament? Would think that there were just a few years between them. Anyway neither God nor the book of Leviticus is God.

As for abomination, I consider eggplant to be an abomination but I would never criticize anyone for eating it.
  • Trish ehrhornp 2012/07/29 23:53:53
    Trish
    +3
    Sorry mistype, I was typing way to fast...I realized the mistake too. Wait how is God not God??? NO i don't criticize homosexuals a lot of my close friends are homosexual. They know my stance on gay marriage and except that. It's the people who get incredibly offended when they don't agree with you that gets on my nerves. Eggplant is gross.
  • ehrhornp Trish 2012/07/30 00:37:29
    ehrhornp
    God is the light through out the universe. God is not a book written by man.
  • Herb ehrhornp 2012/07/30 01:14:37
    Herb
    +3
    god gave it moses just like you gave it to a secretary. paul says in romans

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abom­i­na­tion. Leviti­cus 18:22

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have com­mit­ted an abom­i­na­tion; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. Leviti­cus 20:13

romans 1

Romans 1:24-27

New International Version (NIV)

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Do you not know that the unright­eous will not inherit the king­dom of God? Do not be deceived: nei­ther the sex­u­ally immoral, nor idol­aters, nor adul­ter­ers, nor men who prac­tice homo­sex­u­al&shy... 10nor...&&&&

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

romans 1

Romans 1:24-27

New International Version (NIV)

Do you not know that the unright­eous will not inherit the king­dom of God? Do not be deceived: nei­ther the sex­u­ally immoral, nor idol­aters, nor adul­ter­ers, nor men who prac­tice homo­sex­u­al&shy... 10nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunk­ards, nor revil­ers, nor swindlers will inherit the king­dom of God. 1 Corinthi­ans 6:9 – 10

Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it law­fully, 9under­stand­ing this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the law­less and dis­obe­di­ent, for the ungodly and sin­ners, for the unholy and pro­fane, for those who strike their fathers and moth­ers, for mur­der­ers, 10the sex­u­ally immoral, men who prac­tice homo­sex­u­al&shy... enslavers, liars, per­jur­ers, and what­ever else is con­trary to sound doc­trine, 11in accor­dance with the glo­ri­ous gospel of the blessed God with which I have been entrusted. 1 Tim­o­thy 1:8 – 11

Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a peo­ple out of the land of Egypt, after­ward destroyed those who did not believe. 6And the angels who did not stay within their own posi­tion of author­ity, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eter­nal chains under gloomy dark­ness until the judg­ment of the great day–7just as Sodom and Gomor­rah and the sur­round­ing cities, which like­wise indulged in sex­ual immoral­ity and pur­sued unnat­ural desire, serve as an exam­ple by under­go­ing a pun­ish­ment of eter­nal fire. Jude 5 – 7
  • ehrhornp Herb 2012/08/01 03:38:15
    ehrhornp
    Hate to tell you this but Paul is only human, far from being God. In addition he lived in the culture of the time. Just as I would not rely upon a medical doctor of that time for health care, I would not rely upon someone of that time for spiritual advice.

Romans II is pretty interesting though. It talks about not judging others.
  • Herb ehrhornp 2012/08/01 22:46:20 (edited)
    Herb
    jusdging measn to sit over condem means to tell someone its wrong look it up in the dictionary please. paul was a picl prophet of jesus so what paul said was from the spirit and god.
  • ehrhornp Herb 2012/08/02 02:51:39
    ehrhornp
    Paul was still a man living in the time with his prejudices and cultural brainwashing.
  • Herb ehrhornp 2012/08/02 06:06:49
    Herb
    no he did what jesus and god told him to do and he wrote what was given to him. why you dissing paul,he did what he was commanded to do.
  • ehrhornp Herb 2012/08/02 07:19:39
    ehrhornp
    We just disagree.
  • Herb ehrhornp 2012/07/30 01:08:00
    Herb
    +3
    jesus did when hes said he came to fullfill the law not one pen stroke would be changed the law is the first five books called the penatauch. forgive me if im wrong but in deuteronomy an levitcus god said homosexuality is an abomination. those are in the first five books.
    jesus said in mathew quoting gensis 2:24 in the begging marriage was supposed to be between man and women look it up i'm a theology major.

In Matthew’s record of what is commonly called the Sermon on the Mount, these words of Jesus are recorded: “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished” (Matthew 5:17-18).
    matthew 19
    4"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,'5and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ?6So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
  • ehrhornp Herb 2012/08/01 03:50:33
    ehrhornp
    I think I mentioned that Jesus did not mention homosexuality specifically. If Homosexuality is such a sin that many on the right think it is, I would think that God would have put it in the 10 commandments and Jesus would have spoken specifically about it.

Good thing republicans are going to nominate Mitt and not Newt? Newt appears to be guilty of adultery.

Interesting that you mention Matthew 19. Love the part that says it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for someone rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. I wonder if Mitt knows this. lol

But we all know that Jesus was just jealous of the rich right?

2014/09/22 00:24:13