George Zimmerman was Told NOT to Follow Trayvon Martin by Police Dispatcher was That a Suggestion or a Direct Order?

Quintessential Brother The Conservative Liberal 2012/04/12 19:34:10
Yes! He should have followed the instruction of the police dispatcher.
No! Zimmerman was head watchman and he could do what ever he wanted.
In a recent debate I was told that George Zimmerman DID NOT have to follow the police dispatchers request not to follow Trayvon which ultimately ended Trayvon's life.
So my question is simple was Zimmerman being part of the neighborhood watch program of a gated community obligated to follow the police dispatchers instruction?

• DJPanicDC 2012/04/12 19:38:25
    DJPanicDC
    +12
    It was the end of self defense being a factor and the moment he crossed from concerned citizen to vigilante

• black gypsie 2013/07/05 14:40:48
    black gypsie
    +1
    After he called the dispatcher. he should have stayed in his truck and went on about his errand. The police could have handled it.
  • sheteda 2013/06/28 02:50:39
    sheteda
    +1
    this is really crazy, racist ass. Zimmerman is a punk and his ass is going down!
  • Marcus Clark 2012/12/05 08:44:58
    Marcus Clark
    No, it was not a direct order, but a suggestion. AND as a matter of fact, he did cease following and turned back. It was after that, Martin circled back and attacked. Had he just continued on and went to his destination there would not have been a physical encounter at all.
  • remy 2012/10/11 19:44:25
    remy
    +1
    I don't think it really matters if it was a direct order or a "suggestion"? Look at the end result. Zimmerman wanted to be a cowboy, and I hope he gets what he deserves.
  • Angela Wade 2012/04/23 16:26:16
    Angela Wade
    +3
    We will never find out all the facts even in trial because Martin is not here to give his side of the story. This stand your ground law does not pertain to Zimmerman because he stalked Martin. In fact Martin was the one standing his ground. He did not want thisd psycho following to his home and put his little brother in danger as he was. There really is no proof that ZIMMERMAN WAS ACTUALLY HEADED BACK TO HIS CAR.That is just what he said.Why was he so close to Martins home? I bet if Martin had a gun on his hip Zimmerman would have kept his punk ass in the car>>>>He wouldnt have followed a real thug cause he knew better
    +3
    https://www.bja.gov/publicati...

See page 21 It says "observe and report" NOT pursue
  • Wilde~MoonChild ™ 2012/04/16 18:47:31
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +4
    Since hes not a police officer I'd say that was a direct order...

btw - Quintessential Brother The Conservative Liberal, where the hell have you been?!?!?
  • Quintes... Wilde~M... 2012/04/18 12:30:51
    Quintessential Brother The Conservative Liberal
    +3
    I had to take a break from this place! Mainly because of all the hate and racism coming from some of the most notorious right wing nut jobs on this site. I see nothing has changed though!
  • Wilde~M... Quintes... 2012/04/18 15:01:10
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +3
    Nope, nothings change... these a$$ clowns are still being the usual inbreeders that they are...
    I was gone for awhile, had a baby... and I noticed you hadn't been on since Dec... I was actually worried. I thought something happened.
    Well keep in touch, while you're still here.
  • Dimples07771 2012/04/15 19:02:28
  • Stix 2012/04/13 21:29:19
    Stix
    +1
    We don't know what Zimmerman did after he was told he did not need to follow Martin. He says he turned back towards his vehicle because he had lost sight of Martin when Martin came up from behind him...but we don't know what really happened.
  • Wilde~M... Stix 2012/04/16 18:59:52
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +3
    I agree we don't know what happened but sometimes you can look at someone past actions to predict future behavior..
  • Stix Wilde~M... 2012/04/16 22:12:26
    Stix
    Good grief...you will go anywhere to find this man guilty. Let the facts come out and we will see. You already have found him guilty and you may be disappointed when he gets let go...
  • Wilde~M... Stix 2012/04/17 01:01:05
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +2
    I never said anything about him being guilty..
    I said earlier behavior can be a predictor to future actions..
    If someone beat their girlfriend more than likely they'll do it again...
  • Stix Wilde~M... 2012/04/17 15:58:49
    Stix
    Maybe...what is he felt terrible after beating her and figured out that wasn't the right thing to do? People have free will and can grow and change in their behaviors...
  • Wilde~M... Stix 2012/04/17 19:16:39
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +1
    Free will?? Yes, I know EVERYONE has free will.
    You're right. He COULD change, but we're talking about a repeat offender.
    Only time will tell in the Zimmerman case but because of his past REPEAT behavior of aggression I won't be surprised if that's what happened in this case.
  • Stix Wilde~M... 2012/04/18 01:10:55
    Stix
    My bet is that Zimmerman gets off completely...self defence...just my bet. He will not be found guilty beyond a dought by a jury of 12 people.
  • Wilde~M... Stix 2012/04/18 15:05:35
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +1
    if he gets off it will be because he cant get a fair trial
  • Stix Wilde~M... 2012/04/18 15:27:06
    Stix
    Are you saying that Zimmerman must be found guilty for the trial to be fair?
  • Wilde~M... Stix 2012/04/18 16:21:49
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +1
    Nope thats not what I'm saying
  • Stix Wilde~M... 2012/04/18 20:12:56
    Stix
    OK, what did that last statement mean? "if he gets off it will be because he cant get a fair trial" ?????
  • Wilde~M... Stix 2012/04/23 19:05:54
    Wilde~MoonChild ™
    +1
    Its in response to your comment for self-defense.
  • Angela ... Stix 2012/04/23 16:42:13
  • Stix Angela ... 2012/04/23 19:12:11
    Stix
    +1
    If Martin attacked Zimmerman (which it is looking more and more like that is what happened) then he got what he deserved. Zimmerman had a license to carry his gun, he was in the neighborhood watch, he called the police for assistance, it appears that he stopped following Martin when he was told to and Martin circled back and attacked Zimmerman and got his ass shot...if that is what happened, Zimmerman is not guilty...Martin is!
  • Angela ... Stix 2012/04/25 00:31:31
    Angela Wade
    +2
    key word (appears) we dont know that Zimmerman stopped following Trayvon for sure but what we do know is Zimmerman last location when told not to follow was at the club house and the point where Trayvon was killed was feet from his home which is not by the club house. There is definately evidence of Zimmermans guilt or charges would not have been filled. Im guessing it has a lot to do with the location of Trayvons death and the location where Zimmerman claim to stop following.
  • Angela ... Wilde~M... 2012/04/23 16:34:18
    Angela Wade
    +3
    RIGHT AND LETS NOT FORGET ASSAULTING A POLICE OFFICER...HE HAS A TRCK RECORD IN TAKING THE LAW INTO HIS OWN HANDS AND NOT LISTENING TO AUTHORITY.
  • Angela ... Stix 2012/04/23 16:32:27
    Angela Wade
    +1
    Well we will never know Martins facts or side of the story and without both sides you can certainly make Zimmerman look innocent with no problem. WE DONT KNOW THAT HE WENT TOWARDS HIS CAR AT ALL THATS JUST WHAT ZIMMERMAN SAID. IF TRAYVON WAS HERE IM SURE HE WOULD SAY SOMETHING DIFFERENT.
  • Stix Angela ... 2012/04/23 19:18:35
    Stix
    We know where the attack took place and I am sure the police know the location of Zimmerman's vehicle...you and i don't know these things but they do...
  • Angela ... Stix 2012/04/25 00:36:42
    Angela Wade
    +1
    Right but we do know it was no where near the club house which is where Zimmerman was at when he was told not to follow any more. This was a big discussion on Nancy Grace right before charges were filled. I believe this will be a big factor that is not going to support Zimmermans whole "Im so innocent and I acted in self defense" routine.......the question is if he had stopped following when told too then how did he get only feet from Trayvons residence and no where near the club house??????
  • Angela ... Wilde~M... 2012/04/23 16:28:29
    Angela Wade
    +2
    Right and Zimmerman past lets us know that he is the agressor even with authority. He likes taking the law into his own hands
  • Angela ... Stix 2012/04/23 16:58:37
  • Stix Angela ... 2012/04/23 19:20:17
    Stix
    You watch too much MSNBC...you are too biased to make a reasonable comment on this board, so get off it...
  • Angela ... Stix 2012/04/25 01:00:53
    Angela Wade
    +1
    Thats funny because I was thinking the same thing about you and your commments. Yes I watch MSNBC, and HNL, and In Session and any and everything that this story is on ALLLLLL DAY LONG!!! So Im very aware of whats going in this case. I was wondering where you get your info from because obviously you are the one that appears to have over heard the story and you are basing your opinions off of the bias factor. To be honest I could careless about color, gender, ect. I think that anyone who believes Zimmerman is innocent and had a right to stalk, and gun down that boy is being bias and I know for a fact that if it was any of you all children or child that was gunned down and killed in this manor would not be saying "oh well my son got what he deserved" That is a very ignorant statement and you are the one too ignorant and bias to discuss something so serious...No innocent person just walking to a store who is being followed and stalked deserve to be shot and killed just because they question the person that is following them. We say things like that about child molesters, rapist and murderers like Zimmerman not innocent children with no criminal record so you sound stupid and young. You need to get back to your video game.
  • Stix Angela ... 2012/04/25 02:05:05
    Stix
    You don't know that Martin is innocent...the bias is just dripping from your statements...MSNBC has got you convinced that Zimmerman is guilty...the station who cut the 9-1-1 tapes up to make Zimmerman appear to be a racist, the station who showed police tapes of the back of Zimmeraman's head and screamed there was nothing there...is that the place you get your information...from the race baters Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson...that MSNBC? Please, no one could possible take you seriously with those biggots as your news source...get off the board.
  • pennie Stix 2012/07/24 19:05:30
    pennie
    +3
    You are really Silly.You say Travon got what he deserve are you serious he was walking home and the rapiest followed him he raped his cousin for years nasty asssss and he hate blacks, I would have been scared if a man got out of his car talking to me in the dark, I might have ran or gotten my brothers. Zimmerman followed him after being told not to. Why did he get out of the car?, if he would not have gotten out of the car Travon would have been able to get in his house with his love ones. You are a sick person just like Zimmerman. I read what others have posted if he was a REAL THUG it would have went down a whole lot different, my family is from OAKLAND and CHICAGO that why we dont have that LAW here in California because every body be DEAD standing there ground. Get read of that LAW and Zimmerman knew that law and thought he would get away with it. We just know in the hood we would have been watching his ass, and we just hope he dont come here and better yet when he goes to prison I bet you he don't say would do it again, that was the wrong answer, because the boys got something for your ass when you get there trust and believe he will be looking at the ROOF OF THE CHRUCH. Hay on the 911 tape why did you here Travon yelling for HELP not Zimmerman, because Trayvon was being attacked.
  • Stix pennie 2012/07/24 23:41:43
    Stix
    Mark my words...Zimmerman will go free. He was defending himself againt Martin's attack.
  • pennie Stix 2012/09/25 22:03:08
    pennie
    like I said Zimmerman should have stayed in the car. we are glad he is out there. here he would not have a chance. What are your words marked with, because zimmerman is staying in jail. hope he meet some one who told him stay in your cell, but he will come out and get what is coming to him.
  • Stix pennie 2012/09/25 23:21:39 (edited)
    Stix
    We'll see...I bet he goes free. The black guy in the hoodie was the problem...Martin was a thug out to kick some ass and got his shot...
  • pennie Stix 2012/10/09 23:23:44
    pennie
    did you know Martin to be calling him a thug...I bet you are a white man that hate any other race except your own....... its about wrong and right and Zimmerman was wrong and if he go free you watch and see that town will burn down like Rodney King did in LA.
  • Stix pennie 2012/10/10 19:13:44
    Stix
    Don't be an idiot...why would I care if a Mexican shot a black punk in self defence other then to make sure justic is done?

2014/10/23 08:12:09