George Zimmerman is a registered Democrat...what say you(including Democrats..if you can still answer)???

Space Invader 2012/03/27 17:38:46
Obama cried

Registered Dem Killed Trayvon

Meet registered Democrat and self-identified Hispanic American, George Zimmerman
photo

BY: - March 27, 2012 12:28 pm

The individual at the center of the controversial Trayvon Martin shooting is a registered Democrat.

George Michael Zimmerman, born Oct. 5, 1983, registered as a Democrat in Seminole County, Fla., in August 2002, according to state voter registration documents.

It is unclear whether he voted for President Barack Obama in 2008.

Some in the media have sought to blame Republican politicians and conservative activists for Martin’s death.

“[Republican politicians] reinforce and validate old stereotypes that associate the poor and welfare as criminal behavior with African-Americans and people of color, calling us lazy, undeserving recipients of public assistance. In the case of Trayvon, those festering stereotypes had lethal consequences,” said MSNBC political analyst and Democratic fundraiser Karen Finney.

According to the document, Zimmerman’s race is officially listed as Hispanic. The son of a white father and Peruvian mother, he has been described as a “white Hispanic” in most media reports.

Following the Feb. 26 fatal shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in a Sanford, Fla. gated community, Zimmerman has been the target of widespread outrage.

Zimmerman shot and killed Martin following a physical confrontation, but has yet to be charged with a crime. He says he acted in self-defense, a claim supported by the Sanford, Fla., Police Department investigating the case.

Protesters and activists led by professional racial justice advocates Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have suggested Martin’s killing was racially motivated, and have called for Zimmerman’s arrest.

“We want George Zimmerman in court with handcuffs behind his back,” Sharpton said last week.

Martin’s mother, Sabrina Fulton, has alleged that Zimmerman killed her son “because of the color of his skin.”

Craig Sonner, the attorney representing Zimmerman, has denied such allegations, noting that his client has acted as a mentor to a black single mother and her two children, and had helped them raise money for their all-black church.

For Zimmerman’s safety, the Free Beacon has redacted his address from the registration document. The New Black Panther Party has offered a $10,000 bounty for Zimmerman’s capture.

• Tennessee3501 2012/03/27 19:00:07
    Tennessee3501
    +9
    His political affiliations are irrelevent! Either he will be indicted and forced to stand trial or he will be exonerated of any wrongdoing. Sit back and take a deep breath. Let the investigations proceed. There will be investigations by Grand Jury, the State of Flolrida and the U.S. Department of Justice. Justice will prevail!

• unclepat 2012/03/27 21:44:31
    unclepat
    +5
    How in the hell dumb is the author of this post? Are you trying to imply that there aren't any murdering, racist, bigoted Democrats?? They come in all shapes, sizes, colors and political affiliations in case you didn't know.
  • Space I... unclepat 2012/03/28 10:56:38 (edited)
    Space Invader
    +3
    Moronic statement; come to see that allot on SH; you all never think; you just open your mouth and say anything without thinking.......IT MATTERS BECAUSE: he is a democrat..and the RWNJ handle that was trying to be put on him is gone now; he is a Dem who shot a kid; and the 3 actions are against everything Libs stand for; gunslfreedoms,racism..and that Chico is the paradox you and yours have to deal with now..the Dem'KKK, and now a Dem shooting a kid........
  • unclepat Space I... 2012/03/28 20:28:04
    unclepat
    If you think that racists, coming in all shapes, sizes and political affiliations is a moronic statement.......Then you are the only moron here. Unless of course you'd like racists and racism in general to be GOP property only.
  • BoomLover unclepat 2012/03/30 05:47:50
    BoomLover
    LOL, I think you read that wrong...it's just the opposite...even Dems can be what you hate and oppose...for Guns, Freedoms, and Racists!
  • WankerBait 2012/03/27 20:25:48
  • Farnsworth 2012/03/27 20:09:30
    So GZ is a Democrat....well imagine that...
    Farnsworth
    +2
    A dem with a gun? Really....
  • Bastion Farnsworth 2012/03/28 13:00:25
    Bastion
    What's that supposed to mean? I've voted Democrat. I have a gun. What about it?
  • Farnsworth Bastion 2012/03/28 13:42:29
  • Bastion Farnsworth 2012/03/28 13:43:46
    Bastion
    Right on.
  • Farnsworth Bastion 2012/03/28 13:50:13
    Farnsworth
    +2
    My sarcasm is that it seems that the Dems are the ones constantly wanting to take the 2nd amendment away. It always strikes me as ironic when a Dem admits they have a gun.

I'm glad to see that you support the 2nd amendment.
  • Bastion Farnsworth 2012/03/28 14:10:02
    Bastion
    +1
    Where do you get the idea that "Dems are the ones constantly wanting to take the 2nd amendment away"?

For my own information, let me ask you a sample question: do you think the 2nd amendment gives you the right to own a ground-to-air missle launcher?
    Because, if you DON'T, then you believe the 2nd amendment needs restrictions and definitions as MUCH as most "dems' I know do.

If you DO, then I understand.
  • Farnsworth Bastion 2012/03/28 15:29:07
    Farnsworth
    +2
    Hmmm interesting point. Since there were no surface to air weapons when the Constitution was written, i doubt the 2nd covers that.

A lions share of the laws produced to control guns comes from Dems.
    When a shooting takes place, the Dems are the ones screaming for gun control.
  • Bastion Farnsworth 2012/03/28 17:19:12
    Bastion
    I haven't heard any "screaming".

When the Constitution was written, there weren't any revolvers, either.
    So does the 2nd Amendment NOT refer to handguns?
  • Farnsworth Bastion 2012/03/28 17:55:03
    Farnsworth
    +1
    LOL...ok you got me...
  • BY Bastion 2012/03/30 03:31:23 (edited)
    BY
    +2
    They did have handguns in those days:

flintlock pistol
  • BoomLover BY 2012/03/30 05:50:08
    BoomLover
    +1
    You are correct, Sir!
  • Bastion BY 2012/03/30 13:08:17
    Bastion
    Not revolvers. Or automatics. Or AK-47s. Or even pump shotguns.

The point is, the 2nd amendment was written without ANY modern weapons in mind. That doesn't mean it doesn't apply, but it certainly opens up the right to bear arms to at least some questions.

My original question was whether the 2nd amendment guarantees the right for private citizens to own ground-to-air missles.
    What say you?
  • BY Bastion 2012/05/20 04:50:07
    BY
    In the US ownership of these are restricted as destructive devices. To be be legal for private ownership they have to be registered with the US government.

To buy one you have to get the local police to sign off on it. Then you have to pass a backgound check. Some state laws may not allow ownership.

Then you have to find an owner of a registered one who is willing to sell it. The manufacturers are in business to sell to the government. The government won't buy unless the manufacturer restricts sales.

Also, ammo for destructive devices must be registered. You have to get approved for each round you buy.

So yes, a person can legally own one provided they can get through all those hoops, and have the money to afford it (i.e. $38,000 for a stinger missile).
  • Bastion BY 2012/05/20 15:09:04
    Bastion
    That's great. But it's not a "right" - it's a restricted priviledge.
  • BY Bastion 2012/05/20 05:17:27
    BY
    Also, in the days of the Founders, private citizens did own cannons and ships equipped with cannons.
  • BoomLover Farnsworth 2012/03/30 05:48:11
    BoomLover
    +1
    There are a few...
  • Bastion 2012/03/27 19:36:46
    Bastion
    +5
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING?
  • Space I... Bastion 2012/03/28 10:57:04 (edited)
    Space Invader
    +1
    Moronic statement; come to see that allot on SH; you all never think; you just open your mouth and say anything without thinking.......IT MATTERS BECAUSE: he is a democrat..and the RWNJ handle that was trying to be put on him is gone now; he is a Dem who shot a kid; and the 3 actions are against everything Libs stand for; guns;freedoms,racism..and that Chico is the paradox you and yours have to deal with now..the Dem'KKK, and now a Dem shooting a kid........
  • Bastion Space I... 2012/03/28 12:59:24
    Bastion
    Who was trying to put a "RWNJ handle" on him? I didn't see ANY of that - I did see a rush to judgement about whether he was acting out of racism, or some such behavior - but I heard not one reference to "RWNJ".

There are questions about the "Stand Your Ground" laws, and questions about overzealous gun carrying - but there was really a dearth of comments about his political affiliation.

I have voted democrat - and I'm for 2nd amendment rights. I own a gun. You seem awfully desperate in this whole thing to make some kind of a point that just makes no sense here.

I think you jumped the gun on this (harhar) - and your "if you can still answer" comment is particularly self-regarding and smarmy.
  • Bastion Space I... 2012/03/28 13:02:30
    Bastion
    And one more thing - the "Dem'KKK" is now called Southern Republicans, which you would know about if you read a little history.
  • Space I... Bastion 2012/03/28 15:35:29
    Space Invader
    +2
    I know mu history..the Dems were the KKK, alll throughout history the GOP had to enforce laws against them.....the NAACP was started by Repubs, and Planned Parenthood was started by a racist who wanted the black race eliminated and were friends with Hitler..yep old Margaret Sanger must have been a hoot at parties...
  • Bastion Space I... 2012/03/28 17:27:38
    Bastion
    Here's some information on how that whole "Dem'KKK" thing shook out in the 50s and 60s. Just in case you would like to add to your knowledge of history.

http://www.u-s-history.com/pa...
  • CREW grand 2012/03/27 19:17:57
    CREW grand
    +5
    Obviously a DINO.

Don
  • Tresa 2012/03/27 19:03:31
    Tresa
    +8
    WTH does politics have to do with it? I don't care what political position the man has...I just want to know that this incident isn't swept under a rug and justice will be done.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/03/27 19:00:07
    Tennessee3501
    +9
  • wtxwoman 2012/03/27 18:57:34
    wtxwoman
    +4
    OMG! I am soooooooo tired of this guy. This is the last poll I'm answering about him.
  • ally 2012/03/27 18:44:53
    ally
    +3
    What does that matter? Zimmerman still shot and killed an unarmed teen. Are you trying to say that conservative gunrights' activists no longer have a martyr?
  • SemperRick 2012/03/27 18:43:45
    SemperRick
    +2
    A Liberal Gun Owner? Figures since ol George misinterpeted the deadly force rule. Once the 911 operator told Georgie not to follow, what does George do? Follows the poor boy. This only reenforces my take on liberals....They don't listen to reason. Have fun in the pen Georgie, I am sure you will get a lot of mileage on that fat ass of yours.
  • wtxwoman SemperRick 2012/03/27 18:58:29
    wtxwoman
    +2
    We can only hope he ends up there.
  • ProudProgressive 2012/03/27 18:32:49 (edited)
    ProudProgressive
    +6
    So? Assuming this is true (and so little that comes from the Right Wing media lately is) does that mean that all of the conservatives who have been lying about the victim and trying to defend this racist murderer will stop doing so?
  • SemperRick ProudPr... 2012/03/27 18:47:47
    SemperRick
    +1
    So little coming from the rightwing media? RU kidding? Every hour on Fox they are discussing this incident. You're an idiot.
  • ProudPr... SemperRick 2012/03/27 19:04:16 (edited)
    ProudProgressive
    +3
    What I said was that so little coming from the Right Wind Media is true. If Fox said the sun rose in the east this morning I'd have to check a second source to be sure.

EDIT: I reworded my comment for clarity. Sorry if I was unclear.
  • wtxwoman ProudPr... 2012/03/27 18:59:02
    wtxwoman
    +2
    Good question. I'd like to know the answer to that.
  • unclepat ProudPr... 2012/03/27 21:47:29
    unclepat
    +1
    Now I'll buy a front row ticket to see that show!! lolol Teapublicans always seem to put their collective feet in their mouths at the most inoppurtune times!! lolololol
  • jimih67 2012/03/27 18:29:36
    jimih67
    I'm not really surprised. I never really pictured him as a Republican. But it really doesn't mean anything other than now maybe Obama will want his arrest put off until after this election. If Zimmerman goes to prison, that will probably cost him a vote.

2014/10/25 04:30:54