George Soros’ Quantum Endowment fund makes $5.5 billion in 2013, most successful in history

Sharon 2014/02/11 10:21:14

HIS personal net worth is said to stand at $20 billion but as if that wasn’t enough, billionaire George Soros’ hedge fund has been declared as the most successful of 2013, adding a staggering $5.5 billion to its value.

Soros’ Quantum Endowment fund had its second best year on record since its inception in 1973, according to a report in The Financial Times .

The fund has made a mammoth $39.6 billion over its lifetime, the most successful hedge fund of all time. It’s currently worth $28.6 billion and last year’s profits represented a 22 per cent return on investment.

If you’re thinking “how do I get in on this?”, back up. Hedge funds have been described as mutual funds for the super-rich. The private funds are designed to maximise returns based on a variety of trading strategies. But you generally can’t get into them unless you can prove a high aptitude of the financial markets and trading, and, oh yeah, millions of dollars to your name.

Soros’ fund has been closed to non-family members since 2011.

The 83-year old Soros is known as the man who ‘broke the Bank of England’ in 1992 by shorting the currency which led to the British Government pulling the pound from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism.

There were four other funds which made over $4 billion in 2013.

• Poacher 2014/02/11 16:24:07
    Poacher
    If you are willing to put in the time you can learn where the money is going and buy the same stocks, if you want to, sometimes. Meditronic, Nova gold and Calumet were three I've noticed over the last few years that weren't hard to learn of.
  • marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS 2014/02/11 11:35:36
  • Sharon marcuss... 2014/02/11 11:51:56
    Sharon
    +2
    How old is he???

He made his money as a JEWISH child in Nazi Germany clearing out the homes of JEWS who were carted off to concentration camps to be slaughtered and called the years the best of his life.

ROTFL
  • marcuss... Sharon 2014/02/11 12:01:56 (edited)
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +1
    WOW! You do not know that? I thought you zombies knew EVERYTHING?

Hell here is a GEORGE SOROS website explaining it all. http://www.georgesoros.com/fa...

PS.... Happy to set you straight about who one of your IDOLS is. Praising that cretin is no different than praising Hitler himself.
  • Sharon marcuss... 2014/02/11 12:05:31
    Sharon
    +2
    So as a little boy he went door to door and stole jews belongings LOL
  • marcuss... Sharon 2014/02/11 12:18:31
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +1
    George Soros in his own words.

• Sharon marcuss... 2014/02/11 12:49:05
    Sharon
    +1
    He was a Jew
  • marcuss... Sharon 2014/02/11 12:50:14
  • Sharon marcuss... 2014/02/11 12:53:00
    Sharon
    +1
    So why would he steal from Jew when he was only a little boy OMG
  • marcuss... Sharon 2014/02/11 12:59:58
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +1
    I schooled you enough about George Soros and now you need to find things out for yourself. George Soros can not even step foot in his home country of Hungary or he will be arrested the second he steps foot in the country. He collapsed Hungary's economy. Seems you need to do some research on the cretin you seem to admire. He also played a big part in causing economic hardship in more than one country. As I stated you need to learn more about him before you go and brag on his "accomplishments"
  • Sharon marcuss... 2014/02/11 13:03:42
    Sharon
    Where did I say I admired him lol
  • marcuss... Sharon 2014/02/11 13:26:52
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +1
    Making a blog bragging on him is admiring him. He is a cretin that is evil.
  • Sharon marcuss... 2014/02/11 13:28:23
    Sharon
    What blog???? I posted a news story you Git
  • marcuss... Sharon 2014/02/11 20:15:30
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    LOL this is a blog site not a post a news story site. Do you need schooled on that too?
  • Sharon marcuss... 2014/02/11 22:30:46
    Sharon
    NO, it was on the news YOU CAN APOLOGISE NOW

http://www.news.com.au/financ...
  • Sharon marcuss... 2014/02/11 12:07:18
    Sharon
    +2
    Soros was born in Budapest, Hungary, to a nonobservant Jewish family. His mother Elizabeth (also known as Erzsebet) came from a family that owned a thriving silk shop. His father Tivadar (also known as Teodoro) was a lawyer and had been a prisoner of war during and after World War I until he escaped from Russia and rejoined his family in Budapest. The two married in 1924. Tivadar was an Esperantist writer and taught George to speak Esperanto from birth. Soros later said that he grew up in a Jewish home and that his parents were cautious with their religious roots. Soros was thirteen years old in March 1944 when Nazi Germany occupied Hungary. Soros took a job with the Jewish Council, which had been established during the Nazi occupation of Hungary. Soros later described this time to writer Michael Lewis:
    The Jewish Council asked the little kids to hand out the deportation notices. I was told to go to the Jewish Council. And there I was given these small slips of paper ... It said report to the rabbi seminary at 9 am ... And I was given this list of names. I took this piece of paper to my father. He instantly recognized it. This was a list of Hungarian Jewish lawyers. He said, "You deliver the slips of paper and tell the people that if they report they will be deported."
    Later th...
    Later that year, at age 14, Soros lived with and posed as the godson of an employee of the Hungarian Ministry of Agriculture. The official was at one point ordered to inventory the remaining contents of the estate of a wealthy Jewish family that had fled the country; rather than leave the young Soros alone in the city, the official brought him along. The next year, 1945, Soros survived the Battle of Budapest, in which Soviet and German forces fought house-to-house through the city.
    Soros emigrated to England in 1947 and became an impoverished student at the London School of Economics. While a student of the philosopher Karl Popper, Soros worked as a railway porter and as a waiter. A university tutor requested aid for Soros, and he received £40 from a Religious Society of Friends (Quaker) charity. In a discussion at the Los Angeles World Affairs Council in 2006, Alvin Shuster, former foreign editor of the Los Angeles Times, asked Soros, "How does one go from an immigrant to a financier? ... When did you realize that you knew how to make money?" Soros replied, "Well, I had a variety of jobs and I ended up selling fancy goods on the sea side, souvenir shops, and I thought, that's really not what I was cut out to do. So, I wrote to every managing director in every merchant bank in London, got just one o

2014/10/20 21:24:54