George Bush's farewell speech: Will Bush apologize for his mistakes?

Politics 2009/01/15 19:31:17
No, George Bush will be trying to talk about the positives of his Presidency.
Yes, George Bush will apologize now that he won't serve another term.
George Bush will talk about America's future instead of dwelling on the past.
I think that George Bush's farewell speech...
George Bush will make his last major appearance as President of the United States when he gives his farewell speech. Despite being elected for two terms, George Bush was not a popular President. Bush is proud of cutting taxes, but isn't eager to take the credit for the biggest federal deficit in U.S. history. Americans will also remember George Bush for the U.S. invasion of Iraq and the woefully inadequate federal response to Hurricane Katrina.

George Bush's farewell speech will wrap up his Presidential career and serve as the last impression for historians. Will George Bush acknowledge his mistakes and apologize to the American people or will he continue to project oblivious self-confidence?

• Colleen 2009/01/16 03:05:28
    Colleen
    +28
    was fantastic. This man was always honorable and truthful. No, things did not always go as planned but never was there a man that worked so hard so protect his people. You could believe his words during these entire 8 years, whether you agreed with him or not. This did not happen 8 years prior to his presidency and there is not a chance of you hearing or seeing it in the next 4 to 8 years. Promises and ideals have already been broken.
    Thank you George Bush..you made me proud to be an American.
    I travel to many countries and you may be surprised how many people admired our President, especially those that he was able to give some hope to, a chance for freedom or relief from aids in Africa. A chance to be freed of dictatorships. Man was born to be free. He is at his best free. He MUST be free.
    Sadly, with the media throughout much of the world controlled by the far left, people will remain ignorant of exactly how great he is. Not perfect..but a great human being. War is a scurge on man, but till all opression has been dimished..people are free and have hope..there will be war. Opression breeds hopelessness which breeds aggression which breeds hate.
    Wake up..this is reality. Let us hope that Obama can fill even one of his shoes.
    I hope so.
    Colleen from New York
    God Bless America!

• Mamie 2009/04/30 18:13:43
    Mamie
    I'm sure that he's pompous enough to actually believe that everything he did was right. He won't apologize...he won't look back, and will live happily ever after in the glow of his redneck supporters.
  • WeimMom 2009/04/23 01:25:20
    WeimMom
    Why should he apologize, none of the other administrations have apologized for their mistakes. I didn't realize so many people in the world were perfect. Obama will be the one to apologize, he is destroying our country and hasn't even completed his first 100 days.
  • Bigoot 2009/04/21 18:49:04
    Bigoot
    I believe that he did what he thought was best for the country. All Presidents make errors, they are human. IF the media dwelled more on the good things and not the negative, we would be better off as they create hate, and a scared populace.
  • jspooner7 2009/03/10 06:06:58
    jspooner7
    Lame duck
  • John 2009/02/14 22:48:48
    John
    +1
    will be a bunch of crap
  • jan 2009/02/14 05:51:01
    jan
    No one will ever really understand the threats that face our nation as a whole. Are people really so naive to think that everyone is great, and we should all join hands in one big circle of countries singing cumbaya? GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK! George did a fantastic job. Does anyone not remember that President Clinton received all the threats from Osama Bin Ladin and did nothing about it? Sometimes doing what is right for the good of the people makes people mad. Just like teenagers....we do things that make them mad only for their protection and they never understand why? We are the mean old parents. One day President Bush will be looked upon as a GREAT President. The one who picked America up by their bootstraps, and brushed us off after we had fallen and went after the people in the world who wish nothing more than to watch our beautiful country crumble at our feet. What is worse is people out there who seriously don't believe the threats exist. American's can't even travel outside of the US without fearing for their lives. We have got to keep on top of the terrorists and countries who would like to bring war upon us on our very own soil. I have seen some crazy things and these people are out for blood have no value for life. You can see that by the way they use th...

'''
    No one will ever really understand the threats that face our nation as a whole. Are people really so naive to think that everyone is great, and we should all join hands in one big circle of countries singing cumbaya? GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK! George did a fantastic job. Does anyone not remember that President Clinton received all the threats from Osama Bin Ladin and did nothing about it? Sometimes doing what is right for the good of the people makes people mad. Just like teenagers....we do things that make them mad only for their protection and they never understand why? We are the mean old parents. One day President Bush will be looked upon as a GREAT President. The one who picked America up by their bootstraps, and brushed us off after we had fallen and went after the people in the world who wish nothing more than to watch our beautiful country crumble at our feet. What is worse is people out there who seriously don't believe the threats exist. American's can't even travel outside of the US without fearing for their lives. We have got to keep on top of the terrorists and countries who would like to bring war upon us on our very own soil. I have seen some crazy things and these people are out for blood have no value for life. You can see that by the way they use themselves for weapons against us.

American's need to stand united together and stop blaming our President's for the things that have been brought upon us by other countries/terrorist groups. If we stand back and let these people do these things to us, what are we showing the rest of the world? Come on over take our country....we don't care cause we know you love us even though they would probably kill you for the clothes on your back. There are good people in the world, but the people who have targeted our country are bad and we have to protect ourselves and the future of our country, children and grandchildren. AMEN!
  • Tony jan 2009/03/22 13:35:47
    Tony
    I think you need to get your facts straight. The threats came from a different group of radicals, not from Iraq. We lost over five thousand lives in Iraq, and Osama laughed. Bush, was a waste of a president and a person. He he little to no understanding of what was going on in America or the world. However, it's amazing how well they duped fine people like yourself.

I travelled the world, and I never felt more insecured then when this person, and his croonies came into power. Bush is a sadistical and selfish individual, one whose only agenda was to fatten the greeds of the rich, at any cost.
  • thomas Tony 2009/10/23 20:14:45
    thomas
    I feel sorry for you you obviously do not have god or a sense of patriotism
  • bob 2009/02/14 03:55:16
    bob
    should have been given on the gallows right before they hung his sorry ass for war crimes.
  • chuck bob 2009/02/27 04:01:43
    chuck
    nice to see thoughtful well presented argument in this forum. Especially those like this one where exactly what they are displeased about is clearly stated. Yep, you don't have to think to be a lefty looney, just eat grass as the bell around your neck jingles and you quietly Bahhhh your way through the pasture of malcontent
  • bob chuck 2010/04/27 20:03:12
    bob
    if you would pull your head out of your rectum long enough to peruse what passes for discourse from your fellows on the right, then you would realize that by comparison my comment is well thought out and civilized by that low standard. Not to mention, true. Now go back to your right wing talk radio , Glen Beck and they others of their ilk, who spew out the pablum and bumper sticker B.S. that you and yours regurgitate as dialog on the right.
  • faces 2009/02/14 03:23:16
    faces
    we all make mistake its really hard to make a mistake as the leader of the USA hope Obama understand this.
  • Earnheart 2009/02/13 20:37:36
    Earnheart
    George Bush should never apologise for being a great Pres. He did not always do everything right , but name one whom has.
  • heidi 2009/02/13 20:21:34
    heidi
    It's over & done now- But why do people forget he's kept us safe & fought two wars and had 9/11 plus our economy prospered during most of the 8 years when it could've collapsed on 9/11 like the terrorists wanted.
  • Mattzero heidi 2009/02/14 00:26:28
    Mattzero
    +1
    Baaaa Baaaa where is the shepherd baaaa I don't know what to do without guidance baaaa feeed me I need water baaaaa you keep me safe I love you baaaa
  • thomas heidi 2009/10/23 20:17:38
    thomas
    I agree with you 100% I only pray that more people understand as you do the only time we didn't have growth in the economy is when the congress and senate became dominated by the dems the last two years of his term
  • unforgettablefl 2009/02/13 18:55:45
    unforgettablefl
    +1
    was a farewell speech. The question we need to ask ourselves is, why does history always repeat itself?? Are we too stupid as a species to recognize when it is going that way and do something at that point to change it or do we just like making the poor and middle class suffer? This recession and now depression so it seems isn't affecting the rich! They are in Washington and throughout this country still enjoying themselves. While prices of everything keep rising, and we see less money on our paychecks, if we still are lucky enough to have one, We will get through this but as poor or what use to be middle class we will become stronger, and until it gets worse the rich won't care about anything except as usual THEIR money. I can survive without alot of the things we have become accustomed to can Bush or Obama or for that matter anyone who makes over $100,000 a year? Try supporting 4 kids, fighting for your husband's survivors benefits for going on 4 years and still being able to put food on your table at a normal salary of $25,000 - 35,000 a year!
  • Mattzero unforge... 2009/02/14 00:30:05
    Mattzero
    great question. Why are we repeating ourselves? What is going on with the earth? We are killing it and any one who points this out is seen as fanatical or a tree hugger. When in reality every thing that keeps us alive is from the earth. Why are we poisoning our food and water supply?
  • custom-degree 2009/02/13 17:46:59
    custom-degree
    He is a true loser!
  • donm 2009/02/13 15:12:46
    donm
    I know this is after his speech, but as I saw his farewell address, it showed the dignity of the Man who lead this country the last 8 years, O bomb taking center stage and spending 170 million dollars on his inaugration show just how distant the man Obama really is from real america. If he really wanted to show real dignity he would have said because of the current conditions, we will not have a big inaugration, no balls, no parties, nothing, I will take my obligation and start to study and ask the American people for input, and I will uphold my change an not appoint anyone who has been in Washington or has any tainting in office. But as we see Democrats always want to raise taxes, but the seem to find ways to skip paying taxes, Just an oversite or Turbo Tax made the mistake, I always have to sign my tax return, and look at all the reminders come April 15th.
  • Joanne O'Neill 2009/02/13 13:46:13
    Joanne O'Neill
    he will continue to project oblivious self-confidence and probably will get away with the list of crimes he and his administration have committed
  • Juana 2009/02/13 08:31:02
    Juana
    why should he apologize? sure maybe some things should have been handled differently but shit people he was there to make a hard desitions. There are a lot of people that are envolved when being president. I may not agree with everything but no one will with anybody. We can all criticize but at the end of the day how many of us could have made that hard decition and lived with it
  • Prisci 2009/02/13 03:24:58
    Prisci
    I do not think that everything that happened is his fault. I feel like part of it is America's fault. I think he did a great job being a Pres.
  • marymay 2009/02/13 00:42:02
    marymay
    I DON'T THINK HE THINKS HE DID ANYTHING WRONG!
  • olwin 2009/02/12 18:38:37
    olwin
    How can he apologize for wrongoings to which he won't even admit? He's a war criminal who's left this country in such a financial mess that it will take the new administration years to repair. I find it laughable that those with Limbaugh mentalities have the audacity to even suggest that any of this is Obama's fault. He can't be expected to fix in a few weeks what took the Bush/Cheney regime 8 years to create.
  • Redwoodguy 2009/02/12 18:20:49
    Redwoodguy
    was a parting shot from a hateful and imbecilic president trying miserably to rewrite his history by claiming he did nothing to damage to our eonomy, national standing, The Rule of Law, violation of Geneva Treaties, and left untold millions in more trouble and misery than before he assumed office.
  • Keen Tojones 2009/02/12 04:04:22
    Keen Tojones
    He handled himself well. The changing of power made me proud. Laura Bush is quite a woman.
  • shano 2009/02/12 01:05:15
    shano
    will be honorable like him, I hope he get's mad at the media and the liberals who have lied about him though. He's too classy to sink to their level though.
  • Paka 2009/02/11 20:21:41
    Paka
    GW Bush appologize for something he did - did you see a winged pig flying? Bush thinks he is beyond making mistakes and when mistakes happened during his Pres. they were the result of someone else's error. Cheney is even worse at not admitting mistakes. Bush, who I stupidly voted for, is beyond any doubt the worse President in US history and will probobly hold that record for decades or centuries to come. He has violated US law and the Constitution and US ratified Treaties - and he shud be arrested and put on trial for these. He may even wind up with the Court in the Hague issuing warrants for his arrest for war crimes and crimes against humanity - - - and the US government is legally bound to arrest and surrender him over to the Hague Court if a warrant is issued. Same fur Cheney, Rummy, members of the CIA, etc. involved in torture of prisoners. As for those griping about Obama, it is much too early in his Presidency to make any intelligent opinion of him. Those who already gripe are doing so out of political bigitry instead of actually using intelligent thinking.

SFC Guy Salsburg, US Army Retired
  • sweetmu... Paka 2009/02/12 08:42:35 (edited)
    sweetmusicman
    Please qoute the parts of the constitution, US law and US treaties that Bush violated. Facts please.
  • sharron 2009/02/11 20:16:23
    sharron
    +1
    NO, PRESIDENT BUSH DOESN'T; HAVE TO.......AFTER OBAMA GETS THROUGH WITH THIS COUNTRY....GEORGE BUSH'S MISTAKES WILL LOOK LIKE A MOLE HILL COMPARED TO OBAMA'S MOUNTAIN.
  • sweetmu... sharron 2009/02/19 11:53:27
    sweetmusicman
    First off-we don't know forsure whether Obama is going to messed up, even if so, Bush's appoligy shouldn't be based on this and so should it be in our private lives as well. The bottom line is, If you wronged someone else you appoligise. Period!
  • danicacancan 2009/02/11 19:40:46
    danicacancan
    The guy is an ass
  • sharron danicac... 2009/02/11 20:18:01
    sharron
    WAIT........AND SEE WHO THE REAL "ONE" IS........
  • Mattzero sharron 2009/02/14 00:31:59
    Mattzero
    They are all anti freedom power mongers not just one wake up. If A is a screw up than B is less of a screw up? NO they are all leading us on a path to destruction and loss of freedom, maybe life.
  • morbshock 2009/02/11 18:35:37
    morbshock
    I like Bush, LOL but he spent way too much of our money. He kinda acted like a Left winger.
  • unnatural 2009/02/11 18:16:41
    unnatural
    The thing is...Bush doesn't feel that he has made mistakes. He feels that history will redeem him. Which makes me wonder, what is it that he knows about the future that would cause him to make decisions that would turn more than half the world against him? I'm interested to see if his actions will turn out to be the catalyst for something better. And, for his sake, I hope so. So no, he won't apologize.
  • Larry M 2009/02/11 17:01:22
    Larry M
    +1
    Why should he? Did Clinton, Did Carter?
  • philpotkid 2009/02/11 17:00:45
    philpotkid
    ...he'll try to stress the positives of his Presidency. No doubt, it will be a very SHORT speech! No more than a word or two, maybe just a deep sigh!
  • wings 2009/02/11 16:57:08
    wings
    +2
    President Bush doesn't have to apoligize for anything. I miss him already.

2014/11/28 04:12:34