Geologists are concerned that the rising number of earthquakes and the disruption of Old Faithful are signs of an eruption of the volcano at Yosemite Park. Does this make you a little nervous?

Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br 2009/01/07 21:02:49
Scientists say that there have been eruptions of the volcano at Yosemite Park every 600,000 years and that we are due now for another one. These eruptions are huge. They predict that the next eruption will immediately affect most of the United States. Furthermore, the ash from the worlds largest volcano will cover most of the world and create another ice age. Scientists predict world wide starvation. I have been hearing more and more about the impending eruption lately. There has been a lot of chatter among geologists about the things happening around the volcano and I find that a little unsettling. Is anyone else following this?

• Stonewall 2009/01/27 06:46:20
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    Stonewall
    +3
    Oh yeah it sounds bad to me I even saw a special about this a year ago and it might as be worse then Mt. St. Helens and most likely will

• SuperCee 2009/02/05 17:47:23
    No. I am not worried at all
    SuperCee
    +1
    The bible clearly tells us that there will be terrible earthquakes that will kill millions. These are acts of God and I am not afraid.
  • agnsttrnd*nation in turmoil* 2009/02/05 17:04:11
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    agnsttrnd*nation in turmoil*
    +1
    I'm in New Mexico, and I've been hearing alot of this lately. Hopefully they aren't right.
  • Molly 2009/01/28 21:24:30
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    Molly
    +1
    Yes I have heard this I am sure it is because of global warming. We have been having slight earthquakes in our state, we live right on a fault line. We have never had major earthquakes like CA. But I keep my ears open on this. Maybe Yosemite is on a fault line too?
  • Lady-DeathBright 2009/01/28 20:51:14
    No. I havent heard anything about it.
    Lady-DeathBright
    +1
    But now I am going to look into it.
  • Free American~~Live FREE or... 2009/01/28 20:04:34
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    Free American~~Live FREE or DIE~~
    +1
    It is natural for the earth to do this. We can not control it, prevent it or change it. I only concerns me because I am way to close to it!!
  • shattered 2009/01/27 13:21:44
  • Stonewall 2009/01/27 06:46:20
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    Stonewall
    +3
  • Tiger Annie. AMERICAN. . w... 2009/01/27 06:22:07
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    Tiger Annie.  AMERICAN. . waving the flag!
    +1
    Mother Earth is pissed and she's telling us about it. Hold on to you hat and hang on, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
  • CMK 2009/01/27 06:21:43
    No. I havent heard anything about it.
    CMK
    +1
    Wow, just another thing for me to worry about! I think I'm going with the top comment - nothing I can do about it. I've got too many things on my plate right now
  • Christi... CMK 2009/01/27 06:25:25
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +2
    I know how that goes!
  • Bill - Buffalo Soldier 2009/01/27 04:00:11
    No. I am not worried at all
    Bill - Buffalo Soldier
    +2
    Must add, because I cannot do a darned thing about it. The earth, I think , is moving on the axis as it has done through out time - it would not surprise me that this activity is part of this natural occurrence. Earth has been cooling for the past 11 years (yes , I know global warming - patooie, hoax!); some see this as part of the natural phenomenon and predict a mini ice age once again. We will see, or not - I may not live that long.
  • jrtmanmd 2009/01/27 02:48:00
    No. I am not worried at all
    jrtmanmd
    +1
    First, is it likely to happen in my lifetime? Probably not. Second, if it happens, can I do anything about it? Again, probably not.

So I'm not going to worry about something that is out of my control! Just continue to live life as best as you can! LOL
  • Attila 2009/01/27 02:45:30
    No. I am not worried at all
    Attila
    +2
    really not much one can do about such. So I just don't worry on them. If it does I will deal with it then. If I can.
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2009/01/27 02:28:15
    Undecided. Mabe it wont happen in our lifetime if we are lucky
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +1
    In all the pictures of Old Faithful I have seen it is a glorious spout of water as it was when I saw it perhaps 25 years ago. Ten years ago it was like an upchuck with very little power or height to the water plume.........It was losing its power. I am not sure what will happen in Yellowstone, but I saw what happened with Mt. St. Helen's..... It was powerful, and ash went round the world, but the immediate devastation was limited to an area within the state of Washington. So, I don't know about Yellowstone, but if the big majestic Mr. Ranier blows............watch out.
  • Christi... No nons... 2009/01/27 05:26:25
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    I lived near Mt. St. Helens when it blew. It was eerrie. I didnt know about the eruption and went to take out the trash. There was this weird redish haze all around. I looked up and saw hundreds of funnel like spouts in heavy black/ grey clouds. I wondered what the heck happened. I ran in and turned the news on and found out the mountain had just blown. I wish that I had taken pictures because I never have seen pictures that captured what I saw.

wondered heck ran turned news mountain blown pictures pictures captured
  • hmjtrj-searching for truth 2009/01/27 02:03:48
    No. I havent heard anything about it.
    hmjtrj-searching for truth
    +1
    Actually I live a long way off too but it is big enough the ash will go roun the world ....they say.
  • Grizz 2009/01/27 01:52:56
    No. I am not worried at all
    Grizz
    +1
    not me,i'm 1500 miles away,maybe Bo and shell will be there on vac when she blows worried meim 1500 awaymaybe bo vac blows worried meim 1500 awaymaybe bo vac blows
  • Attila Grizz 2009/01/27 02:44:42
    Attila
    +2
    when mount st helen erupted it dumped ash on my truck in Michigan. well further than 1500 miles. they are messy for sure and the ash floats great spans.
  • Grizz Attila 2009/01/27 04:16:18
    Grizz
    +1
    i lived in north central Idaho when Mt.St,Helens blew her lid--we saw the cloud 600 miles away,and got a small amout of ash-naturaly,my reply was just sarcastic humor lol
  • sally 2009/01/27 01:38:20
    sally
    +1
    That does sound quite unsettling.
  • ImageBandit ~ American Patriot 2009/01/27 01:17:54 (edited)
    No. I am not worried at all
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    God will take care of me and my family - I have heared about the supervolcano in yosemite/yellowstone national park. and it sounds bad - but there is nothing we can do about it if it happens we all die - we will die someday anyway. until then I will not worry about it - the comet may strike first - or the comet will strike the park and cause the eruption in 2012 who knows. stay close to your family and pray and dont worry about that. obama is enough to worry about.
  • TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I ... 2009/01/27 01:17:46
    No. I am not worried at all
    TheDogWalker~In Ayn Rand I Trust
    +1
    I have heard of the caldera super-volcano at Yellowstone. I figure if it erupts in my lifetime, then all of my problems will be solved.
  • Mrs. Daydreamer :) 2009/01/27 01:12:33
    No. I havent heard anything about it.
    Mrs. Daydreamer :)
    +1
    doesn't surprise me though. God will find ways to get weed people out.
  • John Wayne 2009/01/27 01:04:23
    No. I havent heard anything about it.
    John Wayne
    +1
    Haven't heard much recent news about it, but I'm pretty familiar with the super-volcano underneath it. The caldera is almost 10 miles wide, if my memory is correct. I was driving through it and didn't even realize it.
  • Loreli 2009/01/27 00:50:44
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    Loreli
    +1
    I do know that where I'm located that I would be toast right away. There have been several National Geographic shows on this.. nothing we can do about it, again Mother Earth wins.
  • Cookie Bone 2009/01/27 00:49:10
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    Cookie Bone
    +2
    Yeah! It's only the biggest caldera in the world...
  • Forum Cruiser 2009/01/27 00:45:15
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    Forum Cruiser
    +1
    Thank you for the question Christine.

I have heard of this and it does bother me. It seems they are uncertain of what may happen but the possibilities have me very concerned. If the volcano goes off none of what we as a nation are going through will matter. We will simply be fighting to survive!!
  • Christi... Forum C... 2009/01/27 05:29:04
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +2
    Your welcome. Thank you for answering it answering
  • D.J.-USN. 2009/01/27 00:43:37
    D.J.-USN.
    +1
    If in fact it blows its' top we are in a world of hurt.
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2009/01/27 00:43:27
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +1
    We are long over due. I sure wouldn't want to be East of Yellowstone... They say when it goes it's going to be a big one. It's has a few more years yet as there will be three and a half good years before the three and a half bad years of the tribulation so make preparations in the good times before it blows.
  • true american 2009/01/27 00:41:50
    No. I am not worried at all
    true american
    +1
    It is a super volcano it will do what it wants when it wants.
  • spunkysmum ~ Tall In the S... 2009/01/27 00:35:14
    Yes. It doesnt sound good to me
    spunkysmum ~  Tall In the Saddle, White Hat on Straight ~
    +3
    If I was in that neck of the woods, I'd be concerned.
  • true am... spunkys... 2009/01/27 00:42:43
    true american
    +2
    If in fact it blows it's top then it really will not matter where you are.
  • Lady-De... spunkys... 2009/01/28 20:51:52
    Lady-DeathBright
    +2
    I am in that neck of the woods.
  • nada 2009/01/08 02:10:23
  • Roundabout ~ Pepe is my soc... 2009/01/07 21:14:34
    Roundabout ~ Pepe is my sock puppet
    +1
    Did you mean Yellowstone Park instead of Yosemite? There are no craters in Yosemite But Yellow Stone is one mega crater, the largest in the World. I read an article the Yellow Stone had a number a small quakes.

Yea, many small ones rather than one big one.
  • Christi... Roundab... 2009/01/07 21:34:03
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    Yes, I am sorry. It is Yellowstone
  • Roundab... Christi... 2009/01/07 21:41:01
    Roundabout ~ Pepe is my sock puppet
    +2
    I've seen the programs on Discovery Channel, I think, about this mega crater, it's over due. It would blow a hole right through the middle of North America. All communications would be lost. Then maybe California could finally become it's own country! I'd like that part!
  • true am... Roundab... 2009/01/27 00:49:12 (edited)
    true american
    +1
    You meant caldera not crater right? LOL
  • no Kidding 2009/01/07 21:07:10
    No. I am not worried at all
    no Kidding
    +1
    Many small events are better than one big one.

2014/11/28 03:08:27