Gary Johnson's appeal growing with Americans in three man race for White House

Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/09 03:47:20
by

Libertarian Party Presidential nominee Gary Johnson continues his campaign for the White House to growing crowds and increased media attention. In his fight for equal media coverage as Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, Johnson supporters are writing, emailing and calling media outlets and polling agencies demanding the inclusion of Johnson in news reports of the Presidential race.

Interest in Johnson's campaign is keeping campaign staff and volunteers busy and here in Florida has involved the rapid appointment of county coordinators for the campaign. As more people hear of Johnson's message, it seems to be resonating with more Americans and their interest in his campaign.

Last night Johnson was on the popular Comedy Central show, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and was received well by the crowd and Stewart (see video to the left). Stewart and Johnson explain briefly what a Libertarian is and how he will be on the ballot in all 50 states alongside Obama and Romney. They also discussed how Johnson differs from both Romney and Obama in that he has promised to put forth a balanced budget in 2013 and how he would like to see the troops home from the Middle East.

Stewart, in his comedic way, attempted to describe what a Libertarian is by equating it to a friendship necklace with Republicans being one half and Democrats the other half and once they come together he said, “Oh my God I’m a Libertarian!” Johnson explained Libertarians a fiscally responsible and socially tolerant. Jon Stewart showed excellent knowledge of Gary Johnson’s qualified resume during the show. Johnson explained how he will need to reach 15% in various national polls in order to be the Presidential Debates later in the year facing Obama and Romney (or Ron Paul should he win the Republican Party nomination). Ironically, Johnson’s name is not included in several of the polls that are going to be used.

Stewart had trouble understanding why Libertarians have trouble gaining traction in their campaigns for President and though not discussed during the show, the simple reason is a lack of publicity and equality when the Presidential race is being discussed. Although Johnson will appear from time-to-time on various hit shows, he is not being discussed during the normal discourse on television about the race. When Johnson is put in the same discussion as Obama and Romney, then and only then will the Libertarian gain the traction needed to become a contender for the White House – and that is solely up to the general media to be equal, fair and balanced in their campaign coverage.

Johnson went on to appear on the popular late night show Red Eye on Fox News. Johnson will be in New York today seeking more media attention for his campaign.

Read More: http://www.examiner.com/article/gary-johnson-s-app...

• Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/14 03:29:11
  • stevmackey 2012/06/09 22:23:21
    stevmackey
    Who?
  • Adakin ... stevmackey 2012/06/09 22:53:37 (edited)
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Are you an owl? the HOOTERS owl

I guess you don't hang around political forums much eh? Please StevMackey, if you can't pay attention to who the only three people are on November's Presidential Ballot...

DONT VOTE
  • Striker 2012/06/09 17:01:33 (edited)
    Striker
    +3
    And the big boost is yet to come.

In August when the RINO Party kicks Ron Paul under the bus, you'll see them drop to the #3 party as Ron Paul and followers join the battle against tyranny.

Al last the Libertarians will be in the running and they WILL be heard. Join us!
  • Odinsown 2012/06/09 16:58:20
    Odinsown
    +4
    Johnson has had my support from the word go, even over Paul.
  • Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/09 16:58:08
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Oops, I left out the Daily Show video... here's the link

http://www.examiner.com/video...
  • stormy rae 2012/06/09 16:07:18
    stormy rae
    +3
    he represents a better idea than obama he mite pick up pauls people, and he is more responsible than obama he doesnt flip like mitt, and he mite be the alternative to obama and mitt, he wants less govt and a better public for the people
  • Kane Fernau 2012/06/09 15:53:50
    Kane Fernau
    The Pailbots need a home.
  • KarenInKenoshaWisconsin 2012/06/09 15:41:44
    KarenInKenoshaWisconsin
    +2
    It's important to have more than two parties, else we're subject to abusive dualism, black and white thinking, polarized "debates"... http://sari0009.xanga.com/559...
  • Adakin ... KarenIn... 2012/06/09 16:36:13
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Thank you for your comment. You are correct.

The problem is that after Ross Perot in 1992, the "Republicrats" and "Demopublicans" circled their wagons and created new rules to restrict anyone else from playing in their little sandbox.

In order to "qualify" to participate in their televised debates, all parties must poll at least 15%.

Example in South Carolina in 1998 that same rule was in affect and the ETV debate criteria poll for the state governor's race was a minimum of 15% to get onboard.

The poll that the Dems and GOP decided to use was an independent poll sponsored by a Charleston newspaper and a Columbia TV station.

The polling question asked by the independent sponsors was:

"If the election was held today, would you vote for the Democrat or the Republican or are you Undecided." No other party was even mentioned in the poll.

So the jury was rigged.

But then, for the first time in my life, I got a phone call by a pollster and it was the very poll that was being used for the debate.

When I heard the question, I immediately asked to speak to the supervisor instead of the young girl that called me. When the supervisor came on the line, I asked him to repeat the question, which he did.

I then told him that there were THREE candidates on our state ballot ...

&

&

So the jury was rigged.

I then told him that there were THREE candidates on our state ballot for Governor and asked why he only was asking about two of them. Why wasn't he including the Libertarian Party's nominee?

He said that he was hired by the TV & Newspaper to ask that specific question. He explained that his firm was a private survey company and that they only ask what their clients hire them to ask.

I then asked him if I could record our conversation and he agreed. I placed my Dictaphone next to my receiver and we repeated what had been previously said as I documented the entire conversation.

I told him I was voting for the LP candidate and ask him how he would document my answer. He said that because I didn't choose either the GOP or the DEM candidate, he would log my call in the "Undecided" category.

I thanked him, hung-up and immediately called the LP candidate running for Governor. When the candidate heard the recording, he asked for my number and in less than 5 minutes he called me back with his attorney on the phone.

After hearing the conversation, the attorney requested a copy of that recording and contacted the State's Governor Debate Committee. They claimed ignorance and told the attorney to wait and see what the result of the poll was. A week later, the sponsoring newspaper published the results, The Dem and GOP candidates had garnered 81% of the polling survey while 19% said they were undecided.

The LP party attorney announced in a press release that their candidate would be participating in the debates as the rules said anyone obtaining 15% or more would be included, and the "Undecided" had 19%.

But the GOP & Dems objected and a law suit was filed.

The evidence was my tape and the rules as published in the paper. But the Democrat judge still sided with the two major parties rejecting the claim of the LP candidate and allowed the Debate Committee to block the LP from participating in the series of televised debates.

Pretty much that same situation happened in 19 of the 30 other governor races where their was a 3rd party candidate on the ballot in 1998 and all of the resulting litigation was the same... all were rejected...except in Minnesota, where Jessie Ventura won the right to participate in their ETV-Public Broadcasting (taxpayer funded) debates.

Of course, Jessie Ventura went on to win the election that year.

Long story short.... the game is rigged. It the Libertarians or Constitution party candidates are allowed to get their message out, THEY CAN WIN.

But the Republicrats ARE NOT gonna let another Ross Perot or Jessie Ventura rain on their little game again. And they both make the rules and control the courts.

But today... we now have the internet... Please pass this msg on to others.

Democracy MUST survive... or we are just another Banana Republic...In Name Only...
  • KarenIn... Adakin ... 2012/06/09 17:35:14
    KarenInKenoshaWisconsin
    +1
    "They claimed ignorance and told the attorney to wait and see what the result of the poll was. A week later..."

You know what another term for "purposeful ignorance" is? It's also referred to as "a bad faith decision."

Yes, we have the internet. I used to absolutely love the expression, "Bandwidth for world peace!" The problem is that even many SH polls, with all our freedom, only offer binary answers, with "undecided" as the third, heh, option, something that obscures a lot and thus drags the heels of open dialog and forward minded change (progress).

People internalize the patterns without even understanding them really.
  • Striker KarenIn... 2012/06/09 17:04:23
    Striker
    +1
    It's called the Dem-Rep monopoly, which can be extinguished with runoff voting.
    Stewart's explanation is a little simplistic. You could build your "friendship necklace" and take entirely different parts from hard-core conservative and hard-core liberal stances. The result is a populist, one who wants the government to control everything, because he thinks the people benefit from that.

Trouble is, I think it's too late for Johnson. And if people later blame him for "spoiling" things, he'll never get another shot.
  • Adakin ... Temlako... 2012/06/09 16:38:53 (edited)
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    "Stewart's explanation is a little simplistic"...

Sorry, its early and I'm still not awake... who is "Stewart"?

Oh.. John Stewart... from that comedy channel show that I never watch... thanks.
  • Striker Temlako... 2012/06/09 17:46:28 (edited)
    Striker
    +1
    Yes, August is mighty late, but until then those who think will be in a quandary between the Libertarians and the RINO's, and between Johnson and Paul. Once the republicans get off the stage, there will be a "whole lotta shaking goin' on".
  • Bevos 2012/06/09 10:46:41 (edited)
    Bevos
    I think that is very dangerous at this time. It is splitting the vote, again. Our main focus should be to get Obama OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!!! We cannot afford to take the chance that Johnson can win. I never even heard of him till a week or so ago.
  • Katfish 2012/06/09 10:13:32
    Katfish
    He is my choice at this point
  • Bevos Katfish 2012/06/09 10:49:19
    Bevos
    +1
    Who IS he?
  • Katfish Bevos 2012/06/11 18:40:35
    Katfish
    +1
    This is the title of the poll:
    "Gary Johnson's appeal growing with Americans in three man race for White House"
    There is also info in the body.
  • Bevos Katfish 2012/06/12 13:03:59
    Bevos
    The info in the body does not tell anything about HIM. WHO IS HE? Where does he come from. What does he stand for. What does he do?
  • Katfish Bevos 2012/06/12 14:37:17
    Katfish
    He built a business out of being a handyman and was governor of New Mexico
    http://www.garyjohnson2012.com/
  • Adakin ... Bevos 2012/06/12 23:06:52
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    Bevos, just curious... but did you ask these same questions of Barack Obama?

Did you ask..."WHO IS HE? Where does he come from. What does he stand for. What does he do?"
  • Bevos Adakin ... 2012/06/13 14:49:09
    Bevos
    +1
    Yes I did, but I am not voting for Obama.
  • 2sly 2012/06/09 09:24:05
    2sly
    Never heard of him. I think he needs to go home and give it up. He has about as much a chance at winning as I do.
  • Striker 2sly 2012/06/09 17:49:01
    Striker
    Sorry you don't pay attention. Not to worry, you are not alone.
  • Adakin ... 2sly 2012/06/09 18:36:59
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    2sly, its not about 'winning'... please read my post here http://www.sodahead.com/unite... as I really do hate having to repeat myself...
    Thanks AV
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/06/09 08:28:26
    Artist~PWCM~
    obamabots must be thrilled!
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2012/06/09 08:25:32
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +2
    I like Johnson but Obama will win if we have a 3rd party.
  • Striker Annie~P... 2012/06/09 17:49:40
    Striker
    Not if Paul brings his followers home where they belong.
  • Adakin ... Annie~P... 2012/06/09 18:40:53
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Annie, you live in Tx.

In Tx a sack of potatoes would win if it was the GOP candidate, your vote for someone you believe in will not affect the Texas electoral delegates that will all go to the GOP side.

But voting for the 3rd party will give the major parties a hint that they need to appeal to that issue or platform that the 3rd party advocates. THATS why voting 3rd party is important and valuable.
  • Annie~P... Adakin ... 2012/06/10 10:10:49 (edited)
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    yeah, yeah, yeah.....
  • Adakin ... Annie~P... 2012/06/10 00:28:14
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Annie, we've always had 3rd parties. it was 3rd parties that motivated congress and the major parties to support womens suffrage, abolision of slavery, prohibition and the abolision of prohibition. 3rd parties always reflect the desires for change among the American people, while the two majors maintain the status quo...which is their ability to maintain power.

When a 3rd party begins to gain momentum with a given issue, the majors will usurp the issue, call it their own and impliment the changes that those evil outlier 3rd party voters were advocating... That's why 3rd parties never win... And since Ross Perot, the "Republicrats" have changed the rules to keep the 'riff-raff' from playing in their sandbox (i.e. the Presidential Debates).. where the general public, folks like "2Sly", "Bevos" and "StevMackey" will pull their collective heads out of the sand and watch a few debates and see which side of the same coin will get their vote.

Ross Perot taught the Republicrats a lesson... if they want to do what Americans want, they have to adopt the issues that these outlier parties introduce, because the "establishment" parties will otherwise have no part of REAL change, or REAL solutions, for REAL problems.
  • Annie~P... Adakin ... 2012/06/10 10:13:41
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    Perot taught everything I need to know about third parties so you're right about that.
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/06/09 07:32:56
  • Striker John Ga... 2012/06/09 17:50:11
    Striker
    Oh, PLEASE!
  • Jackie 2012/06/09 06:42:21
    Jackie
    +3
    Look, you know damn well that Johnson has as much of a shot as being POTUS as I do right now. So what's up with trying to make it as if he does? Why because he was on JON STEWART'S "show" and EVEN on Red Eye on Fox News!!(??) You Liberals with your faux identities as Libertarians is laughable. Even Rand Paul put his support behind Romney, it's only a matter of time before Ron Paul does also. NO ONE with a sound mind and body is gonna fall for your ploy as a supposed "Libertarian" in your attempts as a LIBERAL operate to convince the Ron Paul voters to vote for Johnson over Romney so Obama "wins" by default ala 1992 hoping for a split vote between Conservatives and Libertarians.... THAT'S not going to happen in 2012 pal, too many are NOW informed.
  • Bevos Jackie 2012/06/09 10:51:35
    Bevos
    +2
    Ron Paul has already put his support behind Romney. He has gotten out of the race. Rand announced it for him.
  • Striker Bevos 2012/06/09 17:51:01
    Striker
    No, Rand announced it only for himself. So sad, tho.
  • Jackie Striker 2012/06/10 05:34:54
    Jackie
    +1
    Why is it sad to you that Rand supports Romney? Would you rather Rand support a 3rd party Libertarian candidate(his dad) that WOULD result in Obama being re-elected to a 2nd term? Rand supporting Romney proves that he cares more about OUR COUNTRY'S future than his father getting the nomination..BECAUSE HE KNOWS his father couldn't win the general election.
  • Striker Jackie 2012/06/10 05:47:31
    Striker
    +1
    Because I thought Rand stood for Principle.
    Where you fail is thinking that Obama/Romney have any.

2014/04/18 21:06:18