GARY JOHNSON VS. MITT ROMNEY AND BARACK OBAMA ON THE ISSUES ...

Arizona1950 2012/09/15 02:04:10

Gary Johnson is Lutheran – “Reformation” is the most important principle for the Lutheran Church. It is their belief that salvation is never earned by our own effort, but is a free gracious gift of God.

Mitt Romney is Mormon - "Restorationism" is the most important principle for the Mormon Church. It is their belief that the true church died with the first generation of apostles and was restored with Joseph Smith.

Barack Obama is … ? - Muslims monotheism is closer to that of Judaism than Christianity, rejecting the Christian concept of a "Trinity." Muslims believe that God, creator of all of existence, is just, omnipotent, and merciful.

SCIENCE:

Do you believe the theory of Evolution?

Gary Johnson: Yes
Mitt Romney: Yes, and I believe it is a part of Creationism
Barack Obama: Yes

Should the United States increase our space exploration efforts and budget?

Gary Johnson: No, Leave funding and research to the private sector
Mitt Romney: Yes
Barack Obama: No

DOMESTIC POLICY:

Do you support the Patriot act?

Gary Johnson: No, and pass strict laws prohibiting any government surveillance
Mitt Romney: Yes
Barack Obama: Yes, but limit the scope of the government’s powers

THE ENVIRONMENT:

Is Global Warming a threat to the environment?

Gary Johnson: Regardless, we should incentivize the private sector to develop cleaner and efficient fuels
Mitt Romney: No, global warming and cooling are natural cycles beyond our control
Barack Obama: Yes

FOREIGN POLICY:

Should the U.S. end the war in Afghanistan?

Gary Johnson: Yes, and only approve future wars through Congress
Mitt Romney: No, not until all U.S. military leaders are confident the mission has been accomplished
Barack Obama: No

Should the U.S. continue to support Israel?

Gary Johnson: No, we should not give aid to any foreign nations
Mitt Romney: Yes
Barack Obama: Yes

Should the United States end its trade embargo and travel ban on Cuba?

Gary Johnson: Yes, end embargoes with all countries and allow U.S. businesses to do business with any country
Mitt Romney: No
Barack Obama: Yes, lift the travel ban but keep some provisions of the embargo in place

SOCIAL:

Should the federal government allow the death penalty?

Gary Johnson: No
Mitt Romney: Yes
Barack Obama: Yes

HEALTHCARE:

Do you support the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)?

Gary Johnson: No, open the markets so insurers can compete across state lines and drive down costs
Mitt Romney: Yes
Barack Obama: Yes

Should marijuana be legalized in the U.S.?

Gary Johnson: Yes. Legalize,tax, and regulate marijuana instead of criminalizing it
Mitt Romney: No
Barack Obama: No

THE ECONOMY:

Should the federal government subsidize U.S.farmers?

Gary Johnson: No
Mitt Romney: Yes
Barack Obama: Yes

• Kirk Torsten 2012/09/15 08:16:39
    3-Party race ... I won't vote the lesser of two evils.
    Kirk Torsten
    +5
    It's time to kick both parties out. They have done nothing more than bow before the corporate masters.

• brian.southworth.921 2012/09/19 15:41:51
    Yes ... I knew Romney and Obama agreed on most of the important issues.
    brian.southworth.921
    +2
    Gary Johnson

Libertarian 2012!
  • Arizona... brian.s... 2012/09/20 02:47:24
    Arizona1950
    +2
    Can you imagine Obama or Romney responding to these same questions given Johnson ... all we would get is their continued rhetoric of the blame game. The smoke and mirrors of the status quo ...

• DefendnProtect 2012/09/18 19:41:29
    DefendnProtect
    Here they are agreeing on so much..

• Contarded Guru Chickenhawk 2012/09/18 11:58:06
  • Arizona... Contard... 2012/09/18 12:55:05
    Arizona1950
    +2
    My only issue to uniting this nation ... by going in the right direction and not more of the same.

The rest, is relative but not worth anything until the people realize that it is our constitution and our dire need to get back to it that matters. Without it we will only fall deeper into despotism.
  • Contard... Arizona... 2012/09/18 13:11:15
  • Arizona... Contard... 2012/09/18 13:16:30
    Arizona1950
    +2
    We are probably less than a year away from the great "unplugging" ... no matter who is in office. However, I surely hope that its the one who stands by our consitution and neither of the other two who support big business, totaltarianism, and globalization.
  • Arizona... Arizona... 2012/09/18 13:16:57
    Arizona1950
    +2
    Oh ... thank you for the birthday wish. :-)
  • Contard... Arizona... 2012/09/18 13:24:04
  • Arizona... Contard... 2012/09/19 03:21:51
    Arizona1950
    +2
    I agree the one in power is going to remain ... that's been the DEM/GOP Party's goal all along.

I'm not sure if one care separate ideology from self ...

In the words of Joseph Strory, commenting on the Constitution in 1833 ...

"Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from public councils, (such as the RNC did to Ron Paul), because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded, (such as Obama and Romney) because they flatter the people, in order to betray them."
  • Contard... Arizona... 2012/09/19 11:34:31
  • Will Advocate of PHAET 2012/09/17 15:53:34
    No ... I didn't know Romney and Obama agreed on most of the important issues.
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    And I still don't think they do. 1. Energy 2. Unions 3. Government regulations on businesses 4. Healthcare, Romney agrees with certain provisions, not the full package.

I really don't care what religion they participate in, or whether they believe in evolution. The space program is not a deal breaker for any of them. Global warming is a tax program. I am for the death penalty. Marijuana is even close to being a priority, and subsidizing farmers is not the issue with the economy. Your list of important issues is not even close.
  • Arizona... Will Ad... 2012/09/18 04:26:02
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Romney flip-flops ... which is nicer to say than calling him an out and out liar.
  • Will Ad... Arizona... 2012/09/18 13:15:22
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    Ok.
  • Arizona... Will Ad... 2012/09/18 13:19:03
    Arizona1950
    +2
    The real question is do you want to vote for a liar or do you want to vote for liberty and constitution.

The MSM works very hard to deny the citizens their free choice and make it a 2-Party race to keep the status quo .... however, if you are a 3rd-Party candidate on the ballot in all 50 states ... Gary Johnson has the opportunity to win just like Obama and Romney ... what Johnson lacks is exposure and this is done on purpose ... if you can't see that no wonder we keep going in the same direction of big government, totalitarianism and globalization tearing down our constitution and expecting different results.
  • Will Ad... Arizona... 2012/09/18 13:34:11
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    Arizona, I responded to your list of issues. You come back with, Romney is a liar. Gary Johnson doesn't have a chance of winning. Even if he did, he would be totally ineffectual in the oval office. That's my opinion. Lets not waste any more time on it.
  • Arizona... Will Ad... 2012/09/19 03:26:40
    Arizona1950
    +2
    Kimmel, I don't see any difference between Obama and Romney ... they are both liars and they both mislead the people. I will be really surprised if Romney wins because I don't believe he was ever supposed to win... I will be more surprised if Johnson wins because a liberty minded candidate would be the deathnell of big government and wars for profit ... so Obama's win will not be because he's better than Romney, or Johnson ... he will win because the banksters and the powers that be have made sure of it.
  • brian.s... Arizona... 2012/09/19 15:43:50
    brian.southworth.921
    I thought the repub word for that was "waffling". LOL
  • T. James H 2012/09/16 09:44:44
  • Arizona... T. James H 2012/09/16 14:08:52
    Arizona1950
    +2
    Good! Principles, ideals, and character DO matter.
  • Plantgypc 2012/09/15 19:50:42
    Plantgypc
    +1
    I don't believe they do and I am voting Romney.
  • Arizona... Plantgypc 2012/09/16 02:35:43
    Arizona1950
    +2
    Read the blog ... its all there.

"Freedom is lost gradually by an uninterested, uniformed, and uninvolved people."
    Thomas Jefferson
  • Plantgypc Arizona... 2012/09/16 18:10:40
    Plantgypc
    +1
    Johnson can't win, and I want Obama out. Therefore Romney gets my vote. The democrats are fighting to regain the House.
  • Arizona... Plantgypc 2012/09/16 23:52:57
    Arizona1950
    +2
    Romney can't win and if by some freak of voter fraud he does ... what's the difference between him and Obama?

Both support the Patriot Act
    Both support the NDAA
    Both support mandatory national healthcare
    Both support TARP
    Both support Cap &Trade
    Both support the UN and policing the world
    Both support another stimulus
    Both support bigger government

... and the list goes on.

"The name of American, which belongs to you, in your national capactiy must always exalt the just pride of patriotism, more than any appellation derived from local discriminations. Your of liberty ... your respect for the laws, your habits of industry and your practice of the moral and religious obligations are the strongest claims to national and individual happiness." ~ George Washington
  • Defendn... Arizona... 2012/09/18 19:42:15
    DefendnProtect
    good list for starters.
    +2
    Nor do I accept that. I'm afraid the post distorts some of Romney's and/or Obama's issues. That includes accepting Obama's stated positions as consistent with his heart. They aren't. Especially as regards Israel.
  • Arizona... Temlako... 2012/09/16 02:39:58
    Arizona1950
    +2
    Thomas Jefferson

"I have made it a top priority for my administration to deepen cooperation with Israel across a whole spectrum of security issues," the president said before signing the U.S.-Israel Enhanced Security Cooperation Act in the Oval Office."

http://www.post-gazette.com/s...

No different then Romney would continue to do ... throw more support and our tax dollars into foreign aid.
  • Kirk Torsten 2012/09/15 08:16:39
    Kirk Torsten
    +5
  • Arizona... Kirk To... 2012/09/15 14:33:28
    Arizona1950
    +3
    We definitely need a change from the status quo ... vote every Dem and Repub out and not another one in!
  • FeedFwd ~POTL 2012/09/15 03:45:53
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +4
    The most important issues to me are the federal debt amd the FED. We need to eliminate both!
  • Arizona... FeedFwd... 2012/09/15 03:55:03
    Arizona1950
    +4
    Well that eliminates both Obama and Romney then now doesn't it... so are you willing to put integrity back in your vote ... ?

Johnson did not support the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010, or any other "bailout" or "stimulus" bills, and opposes President Barack Obama's proposed American Jobs Act.

He believes the federal spending in these laws is wasteful and ineffectual, and calls them "bloated." He famously quipped, "My next-door neighbor's two dogs have created more shovel ready jobs than this current administration."

Johnson supports ending the federal personal and corporate income tax system and replacing it with the FairTax reform proposal (while systematically reducing these taxes to near-zero levels), a national consumption tax on new goods and services.
  • holly g... FeedFwd... 2012/10/05 23:38:31
  • Arizona... holly g... 2012/10/06 01:37:27
    Arizona1950
    :-)
  • Sean McDonald 2012/09/15 03:35:47
    Sean McDonald
  • Arizona... Sean Mc... 2012/09/15 03:55:44
    Arizona1950
    +3
    Great graphic! Thank you. :-)
  • Sean Mc... Arizona... 2012/09/15 03:58:29
    Sean McDonald
    +2
    Thanks, No problem ;)
  • holly go lightly 2012/09/15 02:30:27
    holly go lightly
    +4
    This is priceless zona.If this doesn't pique some curiosity nothing will.They can't leave here without thinking they need to do some digging.At least I wouldn't think so.
  • Arizona... holly g... 2012/09/15 02:32:15
    Arizona1950
    +2
    I thought the same thing ... but take a look at the we have to vote party crowd below. Jeesh talk about their self-imposed comfort-zone of denial or what. lol
  • holly g... Arizona... 2012/09/15 02:41:03
    holly go lightly
    +2
    Good way of describing it.
    This time is so much more crucial than they could possibly imagine.
    Hmmm,I wonder a bit if they would know or even care if things stayed just as they are ,just as long as 0 left town.
    I wonder what makes them tick.
  • Arizona... holly g... 2012/09/15 02:45:03 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    +2
    I stopped wondering a while ago ... Not meant to insult but just an observation, they are the stick-your-head-in-the-sand crowd of ABO ..

UNITED WE STAND WITH OUR HEADS IN THE SAND

2014/10/23 04:50:08