Gang Rape, Savage Beating, and Murder

Party of One 2013/01/04 21:08:16
This crime completely astounds me for the blantant audacity of the criminals to have even tried anything sexual aboard a crowded bus, much less the savage beating and rape of the 23 year old student, and then disposing of her from the bus as it was still traveling. What bothers me equally is the nationwide downplaying in the significance of rape being that high a priority.

The purpose of this post is to get people to visit change.org through the link I've included both within and under this text, register if you need to, then sign this very necessary petition to bring global subtance to appalling disregard for the safety of girls and women within the country of India.

Please sign the petition - incidents as the one I've mentioned won't become less of a problem on their own.

Read More: http://www.change.org/petitions/president-cji-stop...

• Party of One 2013/01/16 04:58:20
    Party of One
    I've since learned there was another reported rape of a 29 year old on a bus in India, one week after the other incident. I don't have a link for it but it was on CNN's news 2 or 3 days ago. If anyone would like to alert me to specific petitions for signature related to similar types of crimes, please feel to mail me through this site with a link to the petition's signature page.

For information on rape issues, how and where they can be effectively reported and handled, please visit rainn.org for BOTH MILITARY AND CIVILIAN incidents.

Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network (RAINN.org)

[Civilian help, below]
    RAINN is a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week offline and online anti-sexual violence organization providing secure, anonymous, and confidential contact via telephone (1-800-656-4673) anti-sexual violence organization and web-based https://ohl.rainn.org/online SEX CRISIS ASSISTANCE.

[Military help, below]
    MILITARY members, RAINN provides Rape, Sexual Assault, and Harrassment Support for Department of Defense Armed Forces members by phone (1-877-995-5247) AND through their special secure, worldwide, confidential website https://www.safehelpline.org.
  • 7 minutes ago... 2013/01/05 19:43:59
    7 minutes ago...
    +1
    I can imagine this happening to my girlfriend, I don't want that so I'll sign.
  • Party o... 7 minut... 2013/01/09 20:47:57
    Party of One
    +1
    Thank you, very much! That's exactly what goes through my mind and I'm glad you think that way. Consider, also, those women around you and other girls: siblings, mother, grandmothers, too...girls walking alone, or at parties, those likely to be away from the public eye. This atrocity happened on a crowded bus - crowded - by a group of six males in full sight of others and it makes me think is any girl or woman safe in any environment; what circumstances could there have been to make those other people ignore the vicious actions taken against that girl, especially as they carted her toward the door of the moving bus to toss her off - sooo many opportunities to bring them down, so effing many.
  • 7 minut... Party o... 2013/01/10 03:25:01
    7 minutes ago...
    +1
    AGREED!! But when I try signing the petition it says there is a problem)':
  • Party o... 7 minut... 2013/01/12 18:56:04
    Party of One
    +1
    That's happened to me whenever I've left something out; make sure you've filled in the information they're looking for if you're not registered and check the terms and conditions box if there is one before "signing" the petition...that should do it :) Thanks for trying, by the way, I hope you will again.
  • 7 minut... Party o... 2013/01/13 04:17:23
    7 minutes ago...
    +1
    I filled out everything!
  • Party o... 7 minut... 2013/01/16 04:32:50
    Party of One
    +1
    Those should be the only two requirements. I'm not sure, though, if you have to have your browser's privacy options on or off...other than a site-related problem, or one at your end, I honestly can't think of any clear resolve :( Try privacy options, if they still need signatures. Good luck :( Once again, thank you very much for all your attempts :D
  • 7 minut... Party o... 2013/01/16 15:59:28
    7 minutes ago...
    +1
    I will attempt agaaaaaaaaiiin! ヽ(^。^)ノ
  • Party o... 7 minut... 2013/01/16 23:13:03
    Party of One
    +1
    You are the best, lol :) Thanks :D
  • 7 minut... Party o... 2013/01/18 22:41:00
    7 minutes ago...
    +1
    IT WORKED! I think!
  • Party o... 7 minut... 2013/01/19 02:49:05 (edited)
    Party of One
    +1
    Lmao...*high five* :)
  • 7 minut... Party o... 2013/01/19 03:21:31
    7 minutes ago...
    +1
    WOOHOO ヽ(^。^)ノ
  • Marianne 2013/01/05 13:19:53
  • Party o... Marianne 2013/01/09 20:37:28
    Party of One
    +1
    Marianne, a great amount of thanks is due you for making this effort to speakout against the atrocities girls and women face in India everyday. I've never lived in an environment where abusing females was ever "okay" but, from all I've read, it seems to be grossly pervasive within so many Third World countries and countries where religions classify the female as a mere convenience and second-class citizen. Statistics on the frequency of rape and sexual abuse crimes that are reported are mind-numbing - how many more instances aren't part of reports?

Thank you, once again, for being a very wonderful and well-appreciated friend, as you've been all along. :D
  • Marianne Party o... 2013/01/10 12:10:15
    Marianne
    +2
    You're welcome and thank you for your support and your friendship.

Also in our so civilised world, gender discrimination, sexism and abuse go on, in spite of all the efforts and new rulings. I have some contacts in the Third World and in emerging countries. Organised crime, terrorism, religious fanatism, fast profit and wasting policies in a society, in which patriarchy, big profit and hypocrisy come before human, animal and environmental needs, are stealing billions from populations and states.

Mentalities must change, and that is why it is so important to inform, send petitions and open the dialogue.
  • Party o... Marianne 2013/01/12 19:10:53
    Party of One
    +2
    I agree the mentality for human decency isn't there and hasn't been for a very long time. In the US, we've lacked tenacity in going after the hardened criminal, we've lacked aggressive legislation that helps to ensure agressive tactics against perpetrators of crime, and we lack the appropriate funding neccesary for law enforcement to carry out their duties to more successful ends. There are so many more tangents to the cause of falling short in keeping the number of incidents down so efforts seem futile though they're not. The more aware we can make people realize how large an issue these crimes have become, and enrage them enough to where they're actually and actively doing something about it, the better effective our voice to government becomes. Each person's struggle is significant; we really need to band together against those who create atrocious acts against an innocent life because complacency will ensure things will only get worse.

Sincere wishes, to you and yours, for a safe and healthy 2013...that should breed a little happiness, too :)
  • Marianne Party o... 2013/01/13 11:49:08
    Marianne
    +1
    Thank you for your kind wishes, and I hope that this new year will be especially happy, healthy and gratifying for you and your beloved ones.

Indeed, the constant rivalry "higher - faster - further" produces much "waste" and goes against nature, sound development, motivation and rhythm, as well as against individual needs and capacities. Overexploitation causes depletion and kills life and quality. It opens the way to violence, despotism, discrimination, sadism and hatred.

Sustainability respects our planet, its life and resources, fair living conditions, solidarity and recognises individual needs and skills. Don't they say: Slow and steady wins the race?

I saw a documentary film, yesterday, about autism, realised by Sandrine Bonnaire, a French actress and film director, about her sister Sabine. In her career, Sandrine Bonnaire is focussing on social problems, hierarchy, ignorance, misery and characters of disadvantaged people. Unfortunately, I found no English version of this touching testimony. But here's some very succinct information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...
    And that reminds me of Rosemary Kennedy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/... ...

They say that humour is the weapon of the weaker ones to reveal lacks and errors of drilling education, but most of the "sheeple" wil...

They say that humour is the weapon of the weaker ones to reveal lacks and errors of drilling education, but most of the "sheeple" will not understand that the whole system is sick. The army allows quite a lot of jokes:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?... (extract)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?... (full)

I hope that you will enjoy a good laugh - it is good for health!
  • Party o... Marianne 2013/01/16 04:38:48
    Party of One
    +1
    Thanks for the links, Marianne and, once again, your comments :D
  • Marianne Party o... 2013/01/16 11:28:37
    Marianne
    +1
    You're welcome.

The problem is that religions, respectively most of their interpretations, are discriminating or demonising women ...

And experts still disagree and quarrel on contradictions in the Holy Books, splitting opinions and raising intolerance, injustice and hatred.

Actually, I think that it was more for economic reasons, like statistics show even now:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Jesus was an exception in his time:

The principles he taught were: respect for each other, helping, sharing and relieving pain, tolerance, solidarity and peace ... Jesus did not ask us to mourn but to be glad.
  • Party o... Marianne 2013/01/16 23:58:30
    Party of One
    +1
    Men's minds and reasonings are diverse, and I'm sure that includes pure misogyny as well as economics and religious directives. There's merit in trying to understand why criminals commit their acts, though my focus with this type of crime is more at the other end of resolve - in providing ensurances that would keep the occurance in check through awareness, legislation, enforcement, judiciary and penal systems. I want to feel that when the enforcement agent takes the criminal into custody, and the court finds the person guilty of these crimes against an innocent, that the perpetrator will lose their freedom and be thrown in with a bunch of moral-lacking mongrels for company over the years, hopefully seeing some of the treatment he's dished out to others along the way. I don't mind admitting to wishful vindication for crimes like this one. I hope you won't hold that against me :)
  • Marianne Party o... 2013/01/17 16:34:29
    Marianne
    +1
    I do understand you well, and I am also having very vindicative thoughts. I often wished torturers to suffer the same way as their victims did.

I just saw in the news that the Algerian army attacked the kidnappers http://www.reuters.com/articl... of foreigners from the BP plant.
    Some sources speak of 35 or 34 hostages killed, others say that at least 20 escaped. These terrorists should be exterminated, including their leaders.

Poor Africa - poverty, lacking knowledge, environmental depletion, tribal and religious conflicts, slavery, discrimination and abuse are destroying a whole continent and its nature. And much of the abuse came from outside.

No government should negotiate with sick-minded fanatics who massacre and abuse systematically innocent, defenseless people.

That is not a very forgiving attitude, I know - even if I prefer the dialogue.

But that does not work in every case and when one is being attacked, it is better to defend oneself.

And anyway, how could I hold that against you.
    What I cannot support is that the victims are often treated as criminals or serve as scapegoats, and I am sure that you agree with me.

Do you remember the series "Murder She Wrote" and "Columbo"?
    It is only fiction, like Miss Marple and Hercule Poirot ...
  • Party o... Marianne 2013/01/17 19:43:53
    Party of One
    +1
    I definitely agree that too many times victims are treated as criminals, by law enforcement agents (LEAs) and punishing them through prosecution instead of assisting them in recovery. PolarisProject.org is aggressive in trying to change just that through promotion of new legislation, and amending older laws. Thank you for pointing that out to people because it so often goes unnoticed, leaving the victims helpless yet again.

My dad used to watch those two shows but they were before my time, lol :)
  • Marianne Party o... 2013/01/18 03:35:10
    Marianne
    +1
    You're welcome.

Here in Europe, there are quite a few TV emissions dealing with economic, social and ecological problems, violence, abuse, immigration ...

Oh yes, there have been changes in legislation, but the enforcement and the protection of the victims are regressing. Since quite a few years, rapes with knockout drops or roofies at teen parties are current, and there are little chances to catch the authors of such crimes. And to crown it all, Catholic hospitals deny the victims a simple examination to secure forensic evidence, as it would have enabled emergency contraception: http://www.youtube.com/watch?... - that is religious freedom!
  • Party o... Marianne 2013/01/18 22:57:24 (edited)
    Party of One
    +1
    How administrators of Catholic hospitals can superimpose the significance in the removal of sperm and semen from a rape victim over a forced act that only may lead to conception of a life strongly points to skewed reasoning and blatant irresponsibility for the well-being of the host. By not taking the samples, it disallows catching the assailant(s) which, to me, seems a criminal act as well. With gratitude, there's relief in knowing there are alternative places to go for forensic exams in this case.

In general, personal religious belief should not be allowed to contradict either the law of the land or the higher prioritized schematics of one country's social mores.

Honestly, it's been a pleasure - as always - having conversation with you, Marianne. Thanks, once again, for your informative and greatly-appreciated comments.
  • Marianne Party o... 2013/01/19 13:33:47
    Marianne
    +1
    You are welcome, and on my side, I greatly appreciate our conversation.

I have witnessed and experienced often enough how women were discriminated and still are, also in our modern society.

One of my former teachers lives in a convent which has become an open church, and she has been active since many years for her congregation to support human rights. And you certainly know that even the most devoted women are not sufficiently recognised by their male superiors.

Thank you for your encouraging dialogue.
  • Party o... Marianne 2013/01/21 03:01:58
    Party of One
    +1
    It's been a pleasure ;)
  • Marianne Party o... 2013/01/21 11:41:22
    Marianne
    +1
    And the same for me - have a nice day.
  • ★misfit★ 2013/01/05 05:07:59 (edited)
    ★misfit★
    +1
    Signed. I hope this gets more attention soon.
  • Party o... ★misfit★ 2013/01/09 20:13:46
    Party of One
    +2
    Earthbound, you've been a great hero to me for the several times you've helped me on this site, and you've been a wonderful sodahead personality that's never gone without great appreciation for it. My sincerest thanks for the effort you've made in making another step to help women and girls who have been sexually abused across the globe - this will impact more countries than India, I assure you :D
  • HatinOnHaters;~} 2013/01/05 04:48:07
    HatinOnHaters;~}
    +2
    hey, thanks for the post...I'll be right on it!;~}
  • MO.gal 2013/01/05 03:49:12
    MO.gal
    +1
    We all need to speak up and show our outrage at this crime. What a travesty!
  • Party o... MO.gal 2013/01/09 20:02:43
    Party of One
    Thanks for coming to post your comment. I appreciate any effort you've made for the victims of such crimes, as well, very much. Change.org hosts a wide variety of issues up for petitioning people and offices that can make a difference in people's lives under a good many categories. For more petitions regarding Human Trafficking / Slavery / Sexual Assault / and Child Abuse issues navagate change.org for issues you'd like to challenge and sign your support. The results of this very short effort can make a world of difference in effecting change - it has for me in dozens of instances ;)

A few places to start looking at regarding sexual abuse (and there are many) would be the PolarisProject.org, RAINN.org, EndSlaveryNow.org, and ★earthbound_misfit★ has, in comments past, pointed me towards one I wasn't aware of: CNN's thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cn...

Every effort made may mean a life saved in some way.

Thanks, also, for being such a good friend, it's valued a great deal ;D
  • Party of One 2013/01/04 21:27:55
    Party of One
    +1
    The heinous act of 6 men's crime in savagely beating and raping a 23 year old student, then disposing of her from the bus as it continued to travel on the roadway, has elicited anger and protest but - as with all angry protests - the tempers tone down and the memory of the crimes take a backseat to more current news. The news of this atrocity, among many others, will stay with me for the rest of my life; I honestly cannot imagine anything more nightmarish than having control of your body and your peace of mind ripped from you then being subjected to agonizing torture before your attackers snuff out your life.

Please join with me in voicing our ire at, and expections of, the Indian government by signing this petition. The sexual assaults in India are escalating and being complacent over these types of tragedies has to come to an end or it'll only get much worse. As it stands, India is now the leading country in incidents of rape and the worst country in the world for women and girls to reside in.

2014/04/19 04:49:46