Gabby Douglas doesn’t care what you think about her hair

Quietman ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/06 18:50:30

A bit of an (incredibly silly) kerfuffle erupted over Gabrielle Douglas' hair after she won gold, as she was criticized for the state of her hair as she competed in the most important athletic event of her life. Like Fourth-Place Medal, Douglas found the discussion silly.

"I don't know where this is coming from. What's wrong with my hair?" said Douglas, the first U.S. gymnast to win gold in team and all-around competition. "I'm like, `I just made history and people are focused on my hair?' It can be bald or short, it doesn't matter about (my) hair."

That's right, she didn't change it at all. She doesn't care what you think about her hair.

"Nothing is going to change," she said. "I'm going to wear my hair like this during beam and bar finals. You might as well just stop talking about it."

Read More: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-plac...

• Walt 2012/08/06 20:01:28
    Walt
    +4
    Good for her!

Beauty pageant shallowness has extended itself into music, the television news media, and all sorts of other places it doesn't belong -- and it doesn't belong in the Olympics, either!

• Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/08/08 21:21:48
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +2
    This child has the most incredible talent and such a beautiful face and someone noticed her hair and reported on it. We have a communist president in the White House who is destroying America and NOBODY says anything!!

But they ridicule the hair of a 16 yr old Gold Medal Winner!!!

This is disgraceful, hurtful and totally uncalled for! If you would like to discuss this with members of the press, you can find them in my septic tank.
  • Vision of Verve 2012/08/07 02:40:52
  • JackSchitt 2012/08/06 22:31:25
    JackSchitt
    Gabby, Gabby, Gabby....don't you realize that the eyes of the world are on you?

If you are going to properly represent the African American community, you need to get you some white-girl hair.
  • ken 2012/08/06 22:00:25
    ken
    +3
    I think she looks beautiful.
  • Walt 2012/08/06 20:01:28
    Walt
    +4
    Good for her!

2014/11/22 18:56:22