Free Food Delivered to Your Door . . . If You’re on Food Stamps?

~ The Rebel ~ 2012/08/07 14:31:01

We’re not supposed to call them food stamps. They are called SNAP cards. They are credit cards. Poor people spend. They eat. We pay. We have credit, so they don’t need credit. They have cards.

Under the voters’ radar, local food stores have created profitable businesses. They deal only with SNAPpy people. They deliver food right to their door.

In Texas, there are 3.8 million of these people. The number is growing daily.

This has been going on for at least 20 years. These free food trucks drive through poor neighborhoods to deliver food. They are not paid cash. At least 99% of the eaters use food cards.

Randy’s drivers sell what the company bought from grocery behemoth Sysco Foods. Frozen meat and breaded shrimp. Catfish nuggets and chicken tenders.

But junk food is the big seller.

Delivery to your door isn’t for you. It’s not for me. We pay. They eat.

Officials with the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Services confirmed that Randy’s, Boxes and Bags Mobile Grocery and Bag Lady on Wheels all are approved vendors in the food stamp program, which now goes under the name of SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program.

Read More: http://teapartyeconomist.com/2012/08/07/free-food-...

• anntoinette 2012/12/20 22:18:22
    anntoinette
    +13
    For the most part you are right people abuse this system but there are hard working,honest families receiving SNAP. My husband works but I am disabled and we have children..so some of us really need them. And by the way its not food stamps that's making this country go broke..I ' m sure those big companies and banks should take most of the blame..THEY ARE STEALING OUR MONEY......

• ishea 2014/05/14 18:11:07
    ishea
    +1
    I need food for my family please can you give me the number to any food trucks
  • tammi Andrews 2014/03/20 15:25:18
    tammi Andrews
    +2
    You sound like a republican,I guessing you never hurt before...
  • lanekka joiner 2013/11/01 19:48:30
    lanekka joiner
    +2
    I need that hook me up wats the number to.contact yal
  • Tawonna Harris 2013/09/11 21:19:13
    Tawonna Harris
    +1
    I need food
  • jennifer carr 2013/07/22 18:04:00
    jennifer carr
    +1
    Thats good if we got people like that
  • adriana 2013/07/16 18:57:25
    adriana
    +3
    Do y'all still have this am intrested of food delivered to my door
  • elise w... adriana 2013/08/28 02:31:42
    elise williams
    +3
    i would love you guys deliver to my door whats the number to the truck
  • annoymous 2013/02/13 15:43:33 (edited)
  • tammi A... annoymous 2014/03/20 15:24:25
    tammi Andrews
    +1
    Agreed , Couldn't have said it better myself.Sounds like a republican.Hateful , selfish people !!!
  • anntoinette 2012/12/20 22:18:22
    anntoinette
    +13
  • laquetha hamilton 2012/12/14 16:53:52
    laquetha hamilton
    +12
    What is the num
  • Vision of Verve 2012/08/07 22:21:50
  • ed 2012/08/07 18:27:31
    ed
    +2
    I think we should just do away with the food stamp program ,it's costing hard working folks to much money.
  • jackie ed 2013/05/28 19:39:24
    jackie
    +2
    your stupid, and very ignorant for saying that... Im a hard working citizen of this country i pay taxes to the government just like the rest of the people and you but the money from my job goes to putting a roof over my childrens heads clothing on there backs and shoes on there feet etc...after im finishedpying
  • jackie jackie 2013/05/28 19:49:35
    jackie
    +2
    finished paying everything sometimes i dont have anything left over for anything else food stamps help me put a desent plate of food on the table for my kids. so my point is some people do take advantage of foodstamps but i am also a hard working taxpayer just like you and my money also goes to that program and others just like yours so dont think that all foodstamp recievers dont work most of them work and pay taxes just like you..... so stop being so ignorant and get your facts straight before you talk crap on the internet.... just sayen...
  • jackie jackie 2013/05/28 19:52:42
    jackie
    +3
  • Jessica ed 2013/06/25 19:58:46
  • Jessica Jessica 2013/06/25 20:03:51
  • kenny.s... ed 2013/10/24 19:20:50
    kenny.shows
    +2
    I'm a hard working folk! I work on my feet from 8am to 11pm sometimes without a break 6days a week and I'm supporting two children I receive food stamps snap whatever and if I didn't then I wouldint eat! What you really mean is food stamps takes money from the rich and helps the struggling! Sounds like humanity is doing some good helping out it's fellow man! Don't get me wrong there are people who abuse the system but cut everyone off won't solve the problem it will only lead to starvation homelessness of people dont eat they can't work
  • tammi A... ed 2014/03/20 15:27:03
    tammi Andrews
    +1
    People are hungry jack ass !!!
  • Rebel Yell 2012/08/07 16:08:16
    Rebel Yell
    +1
    This has been going on for years. In Houston's East End, where many people have no transportation and there is no grocery store, ( seedy convenience stores though) these mobiles appear daily. Someone ( ?) needs to take a look at what they are peddling. Maybe now that an investigative reporter has been sniffing around, someone will.
  • ☆ QueenAline 2012/08/07 15:06:04
    ☆ QueenAline
    +1
    where is the outrage
    This is what America has become, and I am totally disgusted
  • annoymous ☆ Queen... 2013/02/13 15:48:14
    annoymous
    +3
    then move to mexico.. see how bad it is there..
  • Jessie M 2012/08/07 14:49:26
    Jessie M
    +3
    HPD (Houston Police Department) reported yesterday that these truck are (coined term) weed and feeds. Over 80% of these LoneStar (Texas Food Stamp) food delivery truck have been found to offer marijuana along with snacks. When you figure these truck are servicing the inner city LoneStar recipients and offer a small choice on food option and just in the inner city there are over 4000 convenience store. It is not because they can't get to a store, they are either lazy or taking advantage of the Weed and Feed option.
  • Sheila 2012/08/07 14:36:47 (edited)
    Sheila
    +2
    At least then I dont have to compare the contents of their cart to mine while I am in line. They have ckn breasts, and steaks and cookies, and chips and I have gr beef and hot dogs.... So while the whole thing is BS I can see ONE good thing come from it.
  • Sport_G... Sheila 2012/08/07 14:48:23
    Sport_Geoff
    +3
    You found a silver lining for sure. I am typically pretty easy going in my old age but a year ago I stopped in Farmers seafood to get 4 lbs. of catfish. I almost went into orbit when the lady in front of me paid for $75.00 or jumbo shrimp and lobsters with a SNAP card. Must be hell to be so poor that you have to have the taxpayer buy your shrimp and lobster tails.

The term SNAP is actually the sound that the program makes every time dregs and illegals use their card and break it off in the taxpayers a** again.

How you been Ms. Sheila?.......
  • Sheila Sport_G... 2012/08/07 15:00:33
    Sheila
    +1
    I hear you Geoff! Frustrating at best isnt it?

Okish. Not looking too good on the house that I was SOOOO sure we already had. Not sure excatly what to do, or how to go about the next steps. If you can give some advice PM me. I dont want to bug you so I hadnt PMd you on it yet.
  • ~ The Rebel ~ 2012/08/07 14:34:00
    ~ The Rebel ~
    +2
    Hell... in my town I think they get pizza cause I sure see the pizza delivery vehicles buzzing in and out of there a lot!

2014/07/30 02:39:37