Fox News Thinks "Wind Farms Cause Global Warming", Has Fox just got dumber?

American☆Atheist 2012/05/03 22:36:54

• HOMBRE 2012/05/03 22:50:38
    no
    HOMBRE
    +24
    Look how fast the libtards fell for global warming now they saying wait a minute we need more time to study this. Libtards doctored up studies on weather how many times even changed the wording on the weather warming. Obama was ready to jump on with cap and trade just a excuse to tax us. Now libtards trying to poke at fox on weather this is just great for the evening laugh. fred sanford bigg dummy

• Picasso... Barbara... 2012/05/06 14:15:59 (edited)
    Picasso's Cat
    Ourdoor solar lights........my god. Those are the worst investment ever made, they are junk. Most don't have the battery capacity to drive the bulb for any length of time, and then the bulbs they use are also junk, bottom of the line electronics.
    First thing to remember when purchasing outdoor solar lights is "you get what you pay for".
    You want a good reliable outdoor solar light, try " Corona ".
    This solar light is equipped with a voltaic cell that absorbs sunlight during the day, transforming it into energy. As the sun sets, it's LEDs automatically start to glow and beautify the surrounding.
    This light can be easily attached to a variety of surfaces or can be simply placed on the table top.

Solar toys, and most outdoor solar lights are toys compared to the real deal.
    You need to hear about positive solar projects, then ask the people working at warehouse in New Jersey converted into the largest rooftop solar installation in the United states.

Or maybe India who has the largest solar power market in the world, With coal and other fuels slowly being exhausted in India, the country is facing a tough time trying to meet its power needs, and solar has hit the spot!!

Problem is, most positive results are never advertised, and for every successful venture, ...

this solar light is equipped with a voltaic cell
    corona

rooftop solar

india

Problem is, most positive results are never advertised, and for every successful venture, there are 100 that were done wrong, and therefore did not meet expectations, so you do hear about them time and time again.

Second, if you don't want your government spending your tax dollars on worthless projects then you might want to advocate direct democracy as a response to local needs and issues where all concerned citizens can discuss and decide questions that immediately affect their lives, such as land use, parks, schools and community services in their own community. And decentralize many state and federal functions to the ""county and city"" level and seek expanded oversight and decision-making power of local governing bodies, such as neighborhood boards and associations, over issues that pertain to their jurisdiction, it their city, in their town, on a local level that effects only those people who live in that area, instead of adhering to a federal generic design that all must follow regardless of how it works in their community. The way America startd out, the original plan for America. And by the way that is my parties platform, The Green Party!
  • Barbara... Picasso... 2012/05/07 01:12:01
    Barbara Hasler
    With mostly cloud cover, I did not buy the lamps some one gave them to me and I trashed them. I am not wasting anymore money on solar products until they are full developed and worth buying. You speak of India, of course solar will work there. They have sunshine! I believe eventually the solar power will have a place in the energy world but now it takes too much land for solar panel fields to be feasible. I don't know that this will always be the case where these farms are created. They may have panels without prohibitive cost that can be installed on home and work even under a tree canopy as I have over my property. The same goes for wind turbines. We have wind turbines in eastern Oregon. Unfortunately the Environmentalists are overly concerned about dead birds and they could be haulted. I firmly believe that the birds will adapt without the interference of man. I cite the spotted owl. The environmentalist shut down the lumbering business because of it. Now it is being descimated by the barred owl trying to take over it's territory. The solution to correct this was announced last week. Hunt and kill the barred owl. LOL. Had the self-righteous folks let the logging go ahead there is a strong possibility that the spotted owl would have relocated and flourished.
  • Picasso... Barbara... 2012/05/07 02:40:29 (edited)
    Picasso's Cat
    Yes, I too believe nature always finds a way. I remember living in the Panama Canal zone ( my father stationed there in the U.S.Army) and every year they use to spray the jungle down with light oil then torch it to burn the jungle back about 20 feet as it encroached upon the housing areas with it's constant growing every year without delay.
    It never did kill the plants, just burned them back for a few months until it had to be done once again. As the soil in Panama is some of the best in the world, anything can grow there, it's quite amazing actually.
    I have seen farmers cut trees down to make posts to drive into the ground to make fences with around their property. Then years later those posts had grown into trees themselves. A tourist joke was that if you pushed a popsicle stick into the ground it would grow, lol. I never tried that but imagine it would work, lol.
    I believe when man extinguishes what he now uses for fuel and power he will adapt to his environment with more natural sources like solar and wind turbine, and what I'm working on now, river and stream turbine. A divice made of non corroding materials about the size of a 55 gallon barrell that weighs about 40 pounds you can throw into running water like a river or stream, and it has a turbine fan blade in it tha...

I believe when man extinguishes what he now uses for fuel and power he will adapt to his environment with more natural sources like solar and wind turbine, and what I'm working on now, river and stream turbine. A divice made of non corroding materials about the size of a 55 gallon barrell that weighs about 40 pounds you can throw into running water like a river or stream, and it has a turbine fan blade in it that turns to produce power to charge batteries and run electronic devices like lights and microwave ovens with unlimited power as rivers and stream always have flow force 24-7. Kind of like a miniture hydro electric plant that is portable, like for people with RV's, like me, I live in an RV, and love being able to go whenever, wherever i want, as I have satellite wireless internet, a portable generator, solar panels, and working on a portable wind turbine that is just 6 feet across with a different technology blade that turns faster in the wind to produce more power.
    I get all my job prospects by cell phone or e-mail so am free to live just about anywhere. I am blessed I guess in that respect, just me and my cat, lol!!!!
    You take care, and never stop wondering what if, as that is what pushes the human race forward my friend!
  • Barbara... Picasso... 2012/05/08 17:44:38
    Barbara Hasler
    +1
    What a life! I am rooted to my personal piece of dirt and just completed a drainage system for my back yard. I live near the bottom of a hill and my neighbors to the north and south raised their property levels as they had standing water. They, wrongly assumed that I would be the lake to take care of their runoff. Wrong again! One actually had the gall to take his gutter water drain to the lot line! I am basically a gentle person with a huge sense of humor, but, since I worked in legal services, I threatened to bring a suit against them for altering the contour of the land in a planned subdivision at the expense of another residence. It scared them! Nobody comes between me and my piece of dirt! LOL

Thank you for the Panama discussion! I wonder at times if those in the assumed "know" realize that the green house effect produced oxygen and not CO2? If the plants and trees die, so do we! After all they assumed the role of thinking for the wild life who are smarter than they are! Just a few of the thoughts that run through my head at times!
  • Picasso... Barbara... 2012/05/08 19:02:49 (edited)
  • Barbara... Picasso... 2012/05/08 22:40:48
  • Picasso... Barbara... 2012/05/09 03:48:39
  • Barbara... Picasso... 2012/05/10 15:54:58
    Barbara Hasler
    +1
    LOL! Thank you!
  • Barbara Hasler 2012/05/04 02:22:47 (edited)
    no
    Barbara Hasler
    +3
    This would have been a discussion by scientists on one of the FOX programs. FOX presents both sides of the issues in their discussions The only time I have heard anything about windmills was a comment from FOX that they generate a very small amount of energy in relation to their cost.

Maybe if you listened to FOX, you would be better informed.
  • America... Barbara... 2012/05/04 03:07:56
    American☆Atheist
    +2
    fox is propaganda, and has the most uninformed viewers
  • Barbara... America... 2012/05/05 16:30:43
    Barbara Hasler
    You have that wrong the alphabet networks have a direct feed from the WH and dare not divert from the Media Matters propaganda line. FOX has no commentators getting a tingle up his or her leg from the "awesomeness" of Balmy.
    no
    +4
    Fox was merely telling the news about one researchers potential findings. Something the leftist propaganda media would never say is something because it contradicts their political correct agenda. At least Fox tells what is making news. The leftist media tells you only what they want you to hear just like the writer of this blog! Closed minded leftist only tell their side of the story--everyone is wrong--real scientific of them!
  • S and S 2012/05/04 02:11:15
  • JaguarSocialist 2012/05/04 01:42:38
    yes
    JaguarSocialist
    +5
    How Fox News idiots could become dumber is a mystery, but they have done so in a short period of time.
  • Barbara... JaguarS... 2012/05/05 16:46:36
    Barbara Hasler
    Try listening to FOX if you have any non-progressive propagnda brain cells left. I grant you you will not feel any tingles up your leg nor will you continue to think that the Idiot in Chief is the Messiah.
  • JaguarS... Barbara... 2012/05/06 15:47:54
    JaguarSocialist
    Rabid far-right conservatives are the type of unintelligent termites one finds currently infesting political/social networking web sites. You have undeveloped critical thinking skills. I'm guessing the last critical thinking you accomplished occurred when your mommy asked you to choose what flavor of Pop Tart you wanted for breakfast.

You provide never ending comedy by posting, at political/social networking web sites, excerpts of Republican and tea party propaganda, written by a corporate lobbyist, and falsely believing you've made some political point when, in reality, what you've accomplished is proving you haven't developed beyond posting pabulum.

It's hilarious to watch conservative talking head ideologues sitting behind their corporate-provided desks reading 'news' provided by corporate-owned media sources like Fox News and regurgitating it on a social networking site. More comic relief is provided by conservatives when they claim to have any inkling of the plight of the poor and working class of the world. Driving by people living on the streets as you make your way to a home in the suburbs doesn't give you any insight into the plight of the America's poor or those who struggle to earn enough to pay bills or provide for the future.

In any political discussi...

In any political discussion, you're as useless as a pair of panties on Ann Coulter who is, not surprising, Rupert Murdoch's corporate media whore. Your ability to post any comment related to a political/social issue is extremely limited by the fact you haven't developed word skills beyond trying to figure out how to make words from your alphabet soup.

Next, I suspect you to tell me, rather childlike, how many guns you have. Frankly, I don't care how many times you, on a daily basis, play with yourself and, in the process of ejaculating all over yourself, cry out "me like gun...me like gun...me like gun..." Posting stupidity related to weaponry on any political/social networking site is akin to posting threats. That you and your ilk resort to this tactic proves, beyond a shadow of a doubt, you have serious issues related to masculinity. Furthermore, it's evidence you're cerebrally challenged.

With me, you're out of your league and no amount of asinine slogans you hear from Fox News will ever place you in my league. As I and others work for a better America wherein the poor, minorities and the working class will have a voice, rabid modern-day conservatism will be thrown into the dustbin of history. You've outlived whatever usefulness you think you had. To state is more bluntly, you're a dinosaur who is quickly becoming extinct and, therefore, you're irrelevant in any discussion related to the future of this country or the people who live in it.
  • relic 2012/05/04 01:38:31
    no
    relic
    +2
    The story didn't originate with Fox News, they only reported on it.

Do research for a change.
  • Radical 1s1am1st 2012/05/04 01:32:01 (edited)
  • Informe... Radical... 2012/05/04 08:30:50
    Informed Voter
    You mean LWNJs, don't you? LOL!
  • Barbara... Radical... 2012/05/05 16:48:10
    Barbara Hasler
    You are confused it is your LWNJ that through their dearly loved EPA came up with your idiotic concepts. All most right is dead wrong.
  • Informed Voter 2012/05/04 01:30:25
    no
    Informed Voter
    +1
    Why? Because Man-made global warming is a HOAX! period!

Here's what the purveyors of Global Whining belief cause Global Warming:
    (list is courtesy of Dr. John Brignell):

http://www.americanthinker.co...
  • JaguarS... Informe... 2012/05/04 01:43:20
    JaguarSocialist
    +2
    Global warming/climate change is a reality. Greenland proves it.
  • Informe... JaguarS... 2012/05/04 02:54:34 (edited)
    Informed Voter
    LOL! And the scientific community's e-mails DISprove it, genius.

Global Warming E-Mails Scandal Show Scientists May Have Cooked the Facts
    http://www.usnews.com/opinion...

Global Warming Alarmism Was A Mistake – James Lovelock, Alarmist
    http://www.independentsentine...

Now, what's YOUR proof?
  • JaguarS... Informe... 2012/05/04 02:56:47
    JaguarSocialist
    +2
    No, the emails didn't disprove it no matter how much you lie about it. Only about 98% of the world's scientist acknowledge global warming/climate change is a fact. Of course, Fox News watchers are the dumbest f*cking people on Earth.
  • Informe... JaguarS... 2012/05/04 08:25:58
    Informed Voter
    Ah, yes.... When your baseless statements are challenged or your beliefs threatened, you go on the personal attack... because that's all you have "left."

How typical. I do so wish for a worthy adversary... too bad that person is not you.

"If a person's only remaining currency in a debate is the personal attack, they are intellectually bankrupt and thus, lost their argument." - IV

"According to the directions, only sealants, grease, topical skin medications, and Tabasco® sauce should be applied Liberally! Matters of national policy should not be." - IV
  • JaguarS... Informe... 2012/05/04 02:58:25 (edited)
  • Informe... JaguarS... 2012/05/04 08:26:13
    Informed Voter

• America... Informe... 2012/05/04 03:09:18
    American☆Atheist
    an email does not disprove anything
  • Informe... America... 2012/05/04 08:27:53
    Informed Voter
    An e-mail, no... but e-mail(s) from numerous so-called scientists who've whined about having been caught "cook"ing the books... ?

Busted!

Here, read the facts...

the deniers
  • America... Informe... 2012/05/04 03:08:50
    American☆Atheist
    american thinker is right wing crap, and GW is science.
  • Informe... America... 2012/05/04 08:30:01
    Informed Voter
    Ah yes, dismiss the facts because YOU don't like the source. Debunk the argument, or LOSE! Pronouncments don't cut it!

Here's the argument:

“Dr. (Edward J.) Wegman is a director at the Center for Computational Statistics at George Mason University, chair of the National Academy of Sciences Committee on Applied and Theoretical Statistics, and board member of the American Statistical Association…Wegman’s work challenged, and many say demolished, one of the hottest and most publicized claims of the science-is-settled side (the hockey stick).”

“Wegman became involved in the global warming controversy after Energy and Commerce Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives asked him to assess the ‘hockey stick graph,’ the IPCC’s poster child in the global warming debate.”

Wegman correctly demonstrated that University of Massachusetts’ Michael Mann’s “‘hockey stick,’ eliminated the Medieval Warming Period, making our recent 20th-century cooling look far more dramatic compared to the rest of the record. The impact was explosive.”

“Dr (Vincent) Gray has become known as one of the most persistent, even vitriolic, critics of the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change). He has gone so far as to denounce the entire IPCC process as a ‘swindle.’”

Dr. Grays’ experience with the IP...

Here's the argument:

Dr. Grays’ experience with the IPCC has made him, “an angry man, aghast at what he sees as an appalling absence of scientific rigor in the IPCC’s review process. ‘Right from the beginning, I have had difficulty with their procedures. Pertinent questions often ended without any answer Comments on the IPCC drafts were rejected without explanation, and attempts to pursue the matter were frustrated indefinitely.’”

Additionally, he commented, “I have been forced to the conclusion that for significant parts of the work of the IPCC, the data collection and scientific methods employed are unsound. Resistance to all efforts to try and discuss or rectify these problems has convinced me that normal scientific procedures are not only rejected by the IPCC, but that this practice is endemic, and was part of the organization from the very beginning.”

“Dr. Vincent Gray, is a graduate of the University of Cambridge, with a Ph.D. in physical chemistry. He has published more then a hundred scientific papers and authored the book, The Greenhouse Delusion: A Critique of “climate Change 2001.” Dr. Gray has participated in all of the science reviews of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and in 2006 was a visiting scholar at the Beijing Climate Center.”

“Don’t take my word for it, listen to the Danish Scientist, Dr. Eigil Friis-Christensien!
    He is “director of the Danish National Space Center. (Among his numerous accomplishments), he is author or coauthor of some 100 peer-reviewed articles and has presented more than 50 invited papers oat international conferences. He holds a Magisterkonferens (PhD.) in geophysics from the University of Copenhagen.”

He, with a colleague, Knud Lassen, “a pioneer in research into the aurora borealis”
    published a path-breaking study … showing a startling correlation between global temperature and the sunspot cycle. The significance was that by finding that (sunspot) cycle lengthy rather tan sunspot quantity correlated better to temperature change… The real value of a correlation is if it can indicate where to search for a physical mechanism.”

“To his surprise, the IPCC refused to consider the Sun’s influence on Earth’s climate as a topic worth of investigation.” (That’s not very scientific, is it? Now ask yourself WHY would the scientific community wish to stifle research that is germane to its investigation of climate change, unless their hiding something.)

"Solanski's 2004 paper marked a pivotal point in the climate-change debate, invigorating research into solar factors involved in climate change. The furious denunciations against Friis-Christensen began to ring rather hollow when Max Planck Institute (among others) joined the fray.”

“He insists, however, that much of the warming of the past 150 years cannot be explained by CO2 emissions and must have another source, with the Sun as an excellent candidate.”

Lawrence Solomon, The Deniers, (USA: Richard Vigilante Books, 2008), p. 10.
    Lawrence Solomon, The Deniers, (USA: Richard Vigilante Books, 2008), p. 12.
    Lawrence Solomon, The Deniers, (USA: Richard Vigilante Books, 2008), p. 58.
    Lawrence Solomon, The Deniers, (USA: Richard Vigilante Books, 2008), p. 59.
    Lawrence Solomon, The Deniers, (USA: Richard Vigilante Books, 2008), p. 139.
    Lawrence Solomon, The Deniers, (USA: Richard Vigilante Books, 2008), p. 150.
  • Radical... Informe... 2012/05/04 16:51:21 (edited)
    Radical 1s1am1st
    If Global Warming is a hoax then how would wind farms add to something that does not exist? I noticed you start a lot of your posts with "LOL". You know what they say about the fool laughing the loudest.
    fool
  • Informe... Radical... 2012/05/04 17:37:43
    Informed Voter
    Nice, another one heard from... and just as ignorant of the facts.

Ok, genius... disprove any of the following:

Global Warming Hysteria Debunked by Scientists

Climate Depot Special Report:
    More Than 1000 International Scientists Dissent Over Man-Made Global Warming Claims
    Scientists Continue to Debunk Fading “Consensus” in 2008 & 2009 & 2010
    http://hw.libsyn.com/p/b/f/6/...

Climatologists Baffled by Global Warming Time-Out
    http://www.spiegel.de/interna...

EPA abuse: global warming debunked:
    http://epaabuse.com/6093/vide...
  • Radical... Informe... 2012/05/04 20:59:42
    Radical 1s1am1st
    I could post a bunch of links to challenge your links but why bother. The tornadoes and hurricanes are hitting mostly the bible belt and southern states which are full of RWNJs. Eventually what you say does not exist will weed you out. It is Darwinism at work in it's most perfect example.

darwin award
    darwin award
  • Informe... Radical... 2012/05/07 14:34:50
    Informed Voter
    You could try posting a civil, well writeen response. But since logic and evidence doesn't work you, discussing relevant issues with you would be a waste of time.

Perhaps you could ask one of your buds from your liberal e-mail list to help you.
  • dallas 2012/05/04 01:15:39
  • lee 2012/05/04 01:14:39
    yes
    lee
    +2
    and they would like to continue to make their audience dumber as well

studies show fox viewers are more misinformed than ppl who don't watch ANY news on tv.
  • Mrs. maggot 2012/05/04 01:05:03
    no
    Mrs. maggot
    +3
    http://online.wsj.com/article...

http://www.albany.edu/news/24...

Did you know? If you forget to take the meat out of the freezer in time for dinner, it will thaw faster if you blow a fan on it?
  • rosesve... Mrs. ma... 2012/05/04 01:15:07
    rosesvengeance BN-0
    +2
    windmills are not fans moron. they only turn when the wind blows them they are not blowing air. roflmao
  • Mrs. ma... rosesve... 2012/05/04 01:19:28
    Mrs. maggot
    +1
    Didn't read the links huh...figures.

I don't name call. Have a nice evening!

2014/09/03 02:53:02