Fox Hires Romney Advisors To Attack Obama--Fails To Disclose They Work For Romney Campaign.

luvguins 2012/09/12 01:36:41
By Don Hamel:

The idea that Fox News, News Corp. and Rupert Murdoch exist primarily as a conservative propaganda machine is a cliché, inasmuch as it is ‘the oft-repeated truth. Therein lies the problem: Those of us who are aware of it, have seen so very many instances of it we’re almost numbed. Our capacity for outrage has been overloaded. There’s an all-pervasive marriage to wealth and government influence in News Corp. that even their scandals don’t truly faze us much anymore; like Old Faithful, it’s an amazing spectacle that seems unfathomable when you first see it, but when you watch it happen at 45 minute intervals every day, you take it pretty much for granted.

Media Matters is reporting that Elaine Chao, a ‘Fox News Contributor,’ was recently appointed the national chair of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders for Romney, a fact that Fox has failed to divulge during her appearances. She is far from the only regular contributor attached to the Romney campaign:

Fox News contributors John Bolton and Walid Phares, and Fox regular Jay Sekulow, have all appearedon the network to criticize Obama without disclosing they’re Romney advisers. Fox News contributor Pete Snyderis the chairman of the Republican Party of Virginia’s 2012 coördinated committee. And Fox News contributor Karl Roveis the co-founder and adviser for the super PAC American Crossroads, which is spending tens of millions of dollars to defeat Democrats.

Fox and the G.O.P. have a relationship so close they finish each others sentences. Hell, they write each others sentences. But with the Romney campaign, News Corp has basically absorbed it. From the outside it’s impossible to say which entity is in charge of hiring the others staff; in truth, they are one and the same.

Because not only is Elaine Chao a Romney staffer and a Fox News contributor, she’s been nominated to join its Board of Directors.

The Wall Street Journal, A News Corp holding, reports:

Ms. Chao, a cabinet member in the second Bush administration, is the wife of Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell.Prior to her nomination, Ms. Chao appeared on News Corp.’s Fox News channel in various segments as a contributor, News Corp. said

As you can see, they’re similarly coy about mentioning her connection to the Romney campaign. You have to wonder at News Corp feeling such a need for discretion; they don’t mind announcing her marriage to McConnell, a man who has somehow misunderstood his role in government to include the taking down of the executive branch (Perhaps he’s employed by Murdoch,as well. They are of a single purpose in that goal).

But nobody wants to come out and say it: News Corp and the Romney campaign are one entity. There is no division, not on the air, not in the boardroom.

If we can’t somehow extricate this media juggernaut and the political insiders it has embedded in our government, then what we are witnessing is the first chapter of a new history in the United States. These practices go beyond ‘blurring the line’ between two bodies, one of whom was created as the watchdog against the other; this is infiltration of our government, by the corporate oligarchy. This is propaganda, disseminated from a media giant, in bed with political extremists in our body politic.

Read More: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09/09/fox-hires-...

• LindaM 2012/09/12 02:01:04
    LindaM
    +15
    Does it really matter what these a$$holes do? Being that only the devious ones actually believe fox, they are just spinnig their wheels.. I watch and get so disgusted that I turn it to CNN. I was watching them yesterday and all they did was whine about how biased the media was towards Obama.. They're desperate and people know it. Shows through and through. I don't think they are getting away with much. They've lost and are scratching...

• findthelight2000 2012/09/15 07:20:24
  • Tedster 2012/09/13 15:54:13
    Tedster
    +2
    Please let me express my surprise! Who'd be left to comment for Fox if they didn't use or re-use these ideologues?

And this doesn't even include people like Michelle Malkin(tent) who is kind of a female version of Ann Coulter.
  • YouSirName Tedster 2012/09/26 03:01:18
    YouSirName
    +1
    Female version of Coulter - LOL.
  • Tedster YouSirName 2012/09/28 20:14:25
    Tedster
    +1
    Funny how not one con got it. Thx.
  • Todd The Libertarian 2012/09/12 20:28:08
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    Their propaganda n Coch brothers stuck us with Romnuts.Vote Gary Johnson.Fox news is for socialist.
  • flrdsgns 2012/09/12 14:54:08
    flrdsgns
    +4
    Fox news is just another arm of the GOP trying to masquerade as a news agency. Most people aren't fooled by their foolish attempts to appear unbiased.
  • gfreeman BN-0 2012/09/12 14:33:49
    gfreeman BN-0
    +3
    More of the same from America's #1 Propaganda News Network. Seig Heil, my friends, Seig Heil.
  • Jeremiah 2012/09/12 13:20:45
    Jeremiah
    +6
    Is anyone surprised? Fox has been the information arm of the Republican party for several years, and only Rush Limbaugh speaks with a louder voice. Fox and the Teaburgers probably had more to do with the GOP's success in 2010 than anyone else. Otherwise, how do you explain the election of people like Joe Walsh in Illinois and Allen West in Florida?

Fortunately the Tea Bag influence is wearing thin, and Fox might not be enough to carry the R's through this year.
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/12 13:49:36
    jeane
    +1
    The R's are carrying themselves very nicely Jeremiah. Fox is also highly rated by "we the people". I know "we" don't count to you - but you can't dismiss us!
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/12 13:57:48
    Jeremiah
    +6
    Remember the pizzeria owner who hugged Obama and lifted him off the floor? The R's are trying to destroy his business. They are logging onto a review site and saying his pizza is rotten, the floor of his business is covered with cockroaches, and the owner himself smells strongly of BO (body odor? Barack Obama?).

How can they live with themselves?
  • MsTlynne Jeremiah 2012/09/12 14:12:57 (edited)
    MsTlynne
    +6
    I hope the pizzeria owner is aware that people have been successful at suing those who slander on those review sites. Taste is a matter of opinion, but if they claim the food is rotten, there better be some rotten for PROOF. I love it when idiots shoot themselves in the foot.
  • Jeremiah MsTlynne 2012/09/12 14:17:25
    Jeremiah
    +4
    I hope you are right, and I believe his regular customers will remain loyal to him and his business. But my point is, how can they look at themselves in the mirror? It makes me feel the need for a shower.
  • MsTlynne Jeremiah 2012/09/12 14:21:09
    MsTlynne
    +3
    They are pretty rabid and gross.
  • Jeremiah MsTlynne 2012/09/12 14:48:03
    Jeremiah
    +4
    We used to have a good word for it. Icky.
  • Tedster MsTlynne 2012/09/13 15:29:51
    Tedster
    +2
    They're the same partisan idiots who tried to rig the voting on Dancing with the Has Beens when Bristol Palin showed off the fact that she had two left (and how embarrasing that they left) feet!
  • jeane MsTlynne 2012/09/12 16:59:57
    jeane
    +1
    You know who "they" are? How did you find out?
  • MsTlynne jeane 2012/09/12 17:02:06
    MsTlynne
    "They" know who they are. If the shoe fits, wear it. If not, shut up.
  • jeane MsTlynne 2012/09/12 17:03:47
    jeane
    +1
    In other words - you have no answer.
  • MsTlynne jeane 2012/09/12 17:05:15
    MsTlynne
    Yes, but you just don't understand it. That's your problem.
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/12 16:58:32
    jeane
    +1
    Riiiiiiiiight Jeremiah - so now - just is who are the R's and they called you and told you this?
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/12 22:05:32
    Jeremiah
    +2
    Check the review sites. Try to not be blind, OK?
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/12 23:32:04
    jeane
    +1
    So" they" said all of this about the Pizza restaurant. OK Jeremiah "they "certainly have nothing better to do - do "they"?
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/12 23:33:23
    Jeremiah
    +1
    Are we trying to be blind?
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/12 23:39:29
    jeane
    Nope - just can't imagine Romney being concerned with a Pizza restaurant.
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/13 00:00:24 (edited)
    Jeremiah
    +1
    I don't think Romney is a part of it. The call went out to conservatives to trash the man's business for having the nerve to hug his president. He is a registered Republican who intends to vote for Obama. We like that and encourage all Republicans to cross over.

I am told they have deleted all hateful comments, and now positive comments are flooding in. Of course, his regular customers intend to stand by him and keep patronizing his business.

Crisis solved, but conservatives still have a black eye on this one.
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/13 00:04:24
    jeane
    The call went out - okay Jeremiah.
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/13 00:16:28
    Jeremiah
    You've never heard of Twitter or FaceBook?
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/13 00:19:42 (edited)
    jeane
    Everyday

Can't answer you here anymore - I am now blocked. See you elsewhere.
  • Smitten... Jeremiah 2012/09/12 23:40:43
  • Jeremiah Smitten... 2012/09/13 00:01:05
    Jeremiah
    +2
    I'm glad to hear it. This is still a black eye for conservatives.
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/13 00:05:13
    jeane
    Your double standard is well noted (chick-fil-a)
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/13 00:18:16
    Jeremiah
    +1
    Not the same. That was a peaceful boycott that didn't interfere with the owner's business in any way. This was a blatant attempt to destroy a man's business.
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/13 00:20:16
    jeane
    LOL - like the chick-fil-a call for a boycott wasn't!
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/13 00:22:36
    Jeremiah
    +2
    A simple boycott, no attempts to make the business sound revolting, as they did with the pizzeria. You must not have seen the reviews.
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/13 00:24:17
    jeane
    Nope did not see the reviews.
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/13 00:28:31
    Jeremiah
    +1
    I saw a few of them, but now they have been deleted. I should have saved one or two for you.
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/13 00:31:35
    jeane
    +1
    I get the picture. I don't like it one bit. Unfortuante for him and for Chick-fil-a.
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/13 00:38:38
    Jeremiah
    +1
    Hey, you get a rave for that.
  • jeane Jeremiah 2012/09/13 13:07:04
    jeane
    +1
    I didn't see you raving me on Chick-fil-a! They were COMPLETELY violated by your Rahm and company. So I guess we are even here.
  • Jeremiah jeane 2012/09/13 16:00:58
    Jeremiah
    You weren't very agreeable on that one. I weighed the pros and cons, and decided it was not rave-worthy. Kind of like Elaine and her sponge-worthiness.

You will notice I raved this one, which passed the test of rave-worthiness.

2014/09/03 02:07:18