Forward with president Obama or backward with Mitt Romney?

Jimbo 2012/04/30 21:29:52

Team Obama today introduced a new, one-word campaign slogan,
“Forward,” in a seven-minute web video of the same name that lays out a
case for the president’s reelection.

The ad suggests Obama fell heir to, in Alan Greenspan’s words, a
“once in a half-century, probably in a century” economic crisis, but
argues that things are improving: the stimulus “saved up to 4.2 million
jobs” and the auto bailout another 1.1 million; manufacturing has seen
its first increase in jobs “in a decade”; between March 2010 and March
2012, 4.1 million jobs were created in the private-sector. The president
“took on” credit card companies and “the Wall Street banks,” the ad
says, passing reforms to stop “unfair fees and hidden penalties” and
ensure financial institutions “never again wreck our economy.”

http://blogs.reuters.com/talesfromthetrail/2012/04/30/obama-c...

You can go backward to the trickle down, no regulation government that destroyed economies across the globe. You can go backward and not help low income workers ending the EIC. You can go backward to having private insurers (they still don't cover seniors) or out of your own pocket for senior healthcare. You can go backward and see SNAP, WIC, medicaid cut leaving a faulty safety net. A vote for Romney is a vote to go backward.

• Mopeder 2012/04/30 21:45:08
    Forward with president Obama
    Mopeder
    +17
    President Obama wants America to go forward, not backwards to the failed policies of the past. He will continue taking our country forward.

• Bassinman rand 2012/05/01 23:58:29
    Bassinman
    +1
    From a news report I saw. Verify it, if you wish.

Climate Change Alarmist Recants: ‘I Made a Mistake’
    British environmental expert James Lovelock now admits he was an “alarmist” regarding global warming — and says Al Gore was too.
    Lovelock previously worked for NASA and became a guru to the environmental movement with his “Gaia” theory of the Earth as a single organism. In 2007 Time magazine named Lovelock one of its “Heroes of the Environment,” and he won the Geological Society of London’s Wollaston Medal in 2006 for his writings on the Gaia theory.
    That year he wrote an article in a British newspaper asserting that “before this century is over billions of us will die and the few breeding pairs of people that survive will be in the Arctic where the climate remains tolerable.”
    But in an interview this week with MSNBC, Lovelock said a book he is now writing will reflect his new opinion that global warming has not occurred as he had expected.
    “The problem is we don’t know what the climate is doing,” he said. “We thought we knew 20 years ago. That led to some alarmist books — mine included — because it looked clear-cut, but it hasn’t happened.
    “The climate is doing its usual tricks. There’s nothing much really happening yet. We were supposed to be halfway toward a frying world now.
    “The ...

“The world has not warmed up very much since the millennium. Twelve years is a reasonable time. [The temperature] has stayed almost constant, whereas it should have been rising. Carbon dioxide is rising, no question about that.
    “We will have global warming, but it’s been deferred a bit.”
    MSNBC reported: “He pointed to Gore’s ‘An Inconvenient Truth’ and Tim Flannery’s ‘The Weather Makers’ as other examples of ‘alarmist’ forecasts of the future.”
    Lovelock also declared in the interview that “as an independent and a loner,” he did not mind saying, “All right, I made a mistake,” adding that university or government scientists might fear that admission of such a mistake could jeopardize their funding.
    In response to Lovelock’s interview, the Climate Depot website stated: “MSNBC, perhaps the most unlikely of news sources, reports on what may be seen as the official end of the manmade global warming fear movement.”
  • rand Bassinman 2012/05/02 14:15:23
    rand
    +1
    When the 98+% of climatologists reverse themselves on the validity of anthropogenic climate change, I'll believe it. Or if the Libertarian Michael Shermer says it's a hoax, I'll believe it. (His comprehensive SCIENTIFIC summation is available at the "Skeptic" website. Until then I'll not rely on the reports of one man in a business journal (I suspect). I do agree that some of the early reports were alarmist, but that doesn't change the fact that additional CO2 in the atmosphere will increase global warming. My primary concern isn't rising oceans or shifting farmland, all of which have begun, but in the effects on the oceans. A quarter of coral reefs have bleached dead. (Think "Soylent Green") And as goes the ocean, so goes the planet. I care far too much about my descendants to ignore this threat.

Is the source of the article you referenced "Scientific American" or one more from a business journal? I rely on a consensus of scientists to help me understand science. Nor do I go to those working for R. J. Reynolds to learn about the effects of smoking on health.
  • Samantha Bassinman 2012/05/02 19:55:40
    Samantha
    +1
    Climate change is a reality.
  • toots 2012/05/01 13:22:28
    Another opinon
    toots
    +1
    That is the same one as the socialists/marxists years ago. We will go forward to socialism and definitely racism with Obama, He has no interest in bringing this country together.
  • Bill G53 ~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/01 12:45:21
    Another opinon
    Bill G53  ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    "Forward" Hahaha!!! How lame is that??? I guess he at least realizes the lies of hope and change won't play a second time except for the koolaid drinkers.

4 more years of Obama will lead the country right over a cliff like a bunch of lemmings. Is that the "forward" you want Jimbo?
  • Jimbo Bill G5... 2012/05/01 22:01:53
    Jimbo
    +1
    Can you understand the idfference between minus 9% and plus 3.5% after Stimulus in the 4th qtrs of 08 and 09?

understand idfference 9 3 5 stimulus 4th qtrs 08 09
  • Pearlie... Bill G5... 2012/05/01 23:09:34
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +2
    Ha Ha Ha ...It is a big joke./...Obama is trying, but he will fail again. He can't use the Hope and change.....LOL
    ha ha ha joke obama fail hope change lol
  • Hawkeye 2012/05/01 12:37:34
    Another opinon
    Hawkeye
    +1
    I would remind everybody of another famous American who put ALL into the word Forward..

His name was Lt. Colonel ( onetime General ) George Armstrong Custer and the place was the Battle at Little Big Horn...

A DIRECTION is NEVER as important a thing to know as the DESTINATION..
  • Hawkeye Hawkeye 2012/05/01 12:42:40
    Hawkeye
    +2
    With ALL the claims that these jobs are being saved and/or created,, HOW come the unemployment rate is SO high that they won't even REPORT the TRUE numbers and even the numbers they DO report are HIGHER then Obama promised they'd EVER get to under his administration??

They're not the highest during this administration but they aren't NEARLY as low as when Obama took over either..
  • Lady Wh... Hawkeye 2012/05/01 15:13:55
    +2
    "With ALL the claims that these jobs are being saved and/or created,, HOW come the unemployment rate is SO high....?"

Maybe because the REPUBLICANS have been too busy trying to control a woman's uterus and NOT creating the "jobs jobs jobs" they promised?
  • Hawkeye Lady Wh... 2012/05/01 17:47:36
    Hawkeye
    +1
    Naw.. That's not it..

\And you can cram that "trying to control a woman's uterus " BS too..

It never WAS about that and YOU know it..
  • Samantha Hawkeye 2012/05/01 19:05:31
  • Lady Wh... Hawkeye 2012/05/01 20:42:02
    +1
    THAT from a 17-year old....
  • Pearlie... Hawkeye 2012/05/01 23:26:07 (edited)
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +1
    Democrats have a different way of doing math....Lies !!!!
  • Apen 2012/05/01 12:31:36
    Another opinon
    Apen
    You ask one more stupid question you'll be like every other kid with a little knowledge and a lot of hot air, seen but not heard.
  • SaltySodahead7 2012/05/01 12:03:22
    Another opinon
    SaltySodahead7
    Forward seems a fitting word to paint Obama's plans for Amerika, since everything about him is like 'opposite day'. Peace means war, Lawfullness means ultimate corruption, Christian means Muslim, Straight means gay, Openness means Concealment, Recovery means Depression, I could go on and on but those who have broken free from the false Left/Right Paradigm/Delusion, get it. Romney is just Obama Light-both mean the end of America 2012. Only Ron Paul offers a real way out of this downward spiral.
  • Bassinman SaltySo... 2012/05/02 00:10:44 (edited)
    Bassinman
    And that's why Ron Paul is carrying such a high approval rating and is always #1 in the polls, right? He does have some good ideas, but some is obviously not enough by American voter's standards. He certainly (in my humble opinion) is lacking in foreign policy and would be more of a 'cower down and apologize' president than Obama, and that's pretty bad. He is fairly strong on correcting the economy, but that alone won't carry him to the presidency with a majority of the American voters.
  • Tully 2012/05/01 11:59:12
    Another opinon
    Tully
    Just vote for Ron Paul and be done. He's the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • AshtonInTheWake 2012/05/01 11:50:41
    Another opinon
    AshtonInTheWake
    Obama's the one going backwards here home dog ;) I don't really care for either, but I think that Romney's, from what I've heard, is more moral, so if it came to a vote, I'd vote for Romney. I am very, very, very disappointed in Obama. Very disappointed, indeed.
  • Tully AshtonI... 2012/05/01 11:58:39
    Tully
    +1
    Romney is moral? On his first day he PROMISES to send American jobs to third world countries. Free trade agreements never work out to our benefit.
  • AshtonI... Tully 2012/05/01 12:30:07 (edited)
    AshtonInTheWake
    Making taxpayers pay for kids to have premarital sex, by providing contraception free to them... Premarital sex is not moral, and neither is abortion bro. And those things have flourished under Obama :'( I don't like either one to be honest with you man /: Neither one exactly what we need D':
  • Tully AshtonI... 2012/05/01 12:40:56
    Tully
    Of course, because premarital sex and abortion never existed before Obama. Terrible arguement.
    Nothing will change under Romney, NOTHING. The only hope we have is Ron Paul. If he can't get the nod, then at least he'll get enough clout to hold the Repubs feet to the fire.
  • AshtonI... Tully 2012/05/01 21:42:42
    AshtonInTheWake
    It did, but he's doing nothing about it bro, nor does he take a stand upon it :P A simple stand can change things, at least for a few people. Might get parents to crack down on kids. I lost my mother because she was too young to have me. Couldn't get her priorities straight. Father was a drug addict who booted out after he was told no drugs by grandparents. Maybe it'll encourage parents to prevent their children from going places where they can get knocked up, and making a childs life full of anguish, or getting him murdered. Buttt... One things for certain, if nothing is done at all, it will only get worse for all. Look at 30 years ago and compare it to today.

Ron Paul, Ehhh, seems kool to me. I don't like the gay marriage part, but no-one should be denied civil rights.
  • Lady Wh... Tully 2012/05/01 15:14:19
    agreed
  • Bassinman Tully 2012/05/02 00:22:45 (edited)
    Bassinman
    Would you rather have Obama raise the taxes on big business even more, when they are already leaving here and taking jobs to Mexico and overseas? I'm sure that if you are an Obama supporter, you would most likely be inclined to see more pressure on our manufacturing plants, more regulations that restrict their profit margin, more increases in union wages etc., until the business just plain can't make a profit here and must move away to stay in business, right? Obama is going to ruin more businesses than Romney ever dreamed about. I haven't heard anything out of Ron Paul on taxes so far, maybe I just missed his debates where he discussed them. But if he is intent on raising taxes on the businesses (and or rich), he doesn't know a thing about this system, either.
  • Tully Bassinman 2012/05/02 12:56:09
    Tully
    Ron Paul wants to completely eliminate the income tax.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/05/01 10:57:25
  • Don 2012/05/01 10:01:03
    Another opinon
    Don
    +4
    obama dog taking a crap

Lean forward for Obama
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/05/01 09:59:53 (edited)
    Another opinon
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    Obama's slogan has a long history associated with marxism and socialism. That's not being done by mistake.

Only the brain dead and those folks who cannot think for themselves would even consider voting for the WORST.PRESIDENT.EVER B Hussein Obama.
    Forward with president Obama
    +2
    FORWARD, thank you!
  • Alex 2012/05/01 09:29:51
    Another opinon
    Alex
    +1
    This is quite interesting regard Obama's use of the word "Forward" as a campaign slogan.

http://www.washingtontimes.co...
  • Tully Alex 2012/05/01 12:42:36
    Tully

Owner of the Washington Times, self appointed messiah the Rev. Moon. Argument denied.
  • AGPhillbin Alex 2012/05/01 20:25:05
    AGPhillbin
    Unfortunately, that article is a useless rehash of "Obama the Commie" type innuendo that we have heard from the Republiscums, and even the Democroach Hillary when she was running against him. I'm not planning to vote for Obama, but is this all they got?
  • Alex AGPhillbin 2012/05/02 01:35:21
    Alex
    Considering that this piece comes from WashPo, it speaks volumes. How they would expose the truth behind the messiah Obama is just amazing! Not our fault that he chose such a slogan for his political campaign, but it's good to know where it really comes from.
  • AGPhillbin Alex 2012/05/02 20:15:45 (edited)
    AGPhillbin
    It is not from "WashPo," it is from the Washington Times. Don't you even know the name of the sources you quote from? And it "exposes" nothing, "truth" or otherwise. Question for you who attaches such meaning to the word "forward:"
    If I shift my car so that it moves FORWARD, am I being a communist?
  • Alex AGPhillbin 2012/05/03 05:26:45
    Alex
    My mistake regarding the Washington Post and Washington Times.

No, it doesn't make you a communist. However, all the article does is inform the general public behind the use of the word "Forward" as a political slogan. We're not talking cars or building names or what have you. Strictly political slogans. You can come to your own opinion as for the man himself, but to disregard the article as illegitimate for that reason really only exposes weakness.
  • caius madison 2012/05/01 08:19:54
    Another opinon
    caius madison
    Neither one. They both are extremists in different ways. I care for none of the policies they say they will make so. Did we forget as a populous that the president has very little to do with our country's law or are we naturally this stupid and unattentive in social studies ALL through out our schooling?
  • John James 2012/05/01 07:23:38
    Another opinon
    John James
    +2
    Well we have been going backwards with obama now, and it seems that is all he has planned if he gets cheated into office like he did last time. So maybe we need to give Mitt a chance, at least he is not a racist like obama
  • John James John James 2012/05/01 07:24:55
  • JERSEYDUDE 2012/05/01 07:03:04
    Another opinon
    JERSEYDUDE
    neither !!!!

============ Dr Ronald Paul 2012 ============

2014/04/19 15:05:45