Forward with president Obama or backward with Mitt Romney?

Jimbo 2012/04/30 21:29:52

Team Obama today introduced a new, one-word campaign slogan,
“Forward,” in a seven-minute web video of the same name that lays out a
case for the president’s reelection.

The ad suggests Obama fell heir to, in Alan Greenspan’s words, a
“once in a half-century, probably in a century” economic crisis, but
argues that things are improving: the stimulus “saved up to 4.2 million
jobs” and the auto bailout another 1.1 million; manufacturing has seen
its first increase in jobs “in a decade”; between March 2010 and March
2012, 4.1 million jobs were created in the private-sector. The president
“took on” credit card companies and “the Wall Street banks,” the ad
says, passing reforms to stop “unfair fees and hidden penalties” and
ensure financial institutions “never again wreck our economy.”

http://blogs.reuters.com/talesfromthetrail/2012/04/30/obama-c...

You can go backward to the trickle down, no regulation government that destroyed economies across the globe. You can go backward and not help low income workers ending the EIC. You can go backward to having private insurers (they still don't cover seniors) or out of your own pocket for senior healthcare. You can go backward and see SNAP, WIC, medicaid cut leaving a faulty safety net. A vote for Romney is a vote to go backward.

• Mopvyzo 2012/04/30 21:45:08
    Forward with president Obama
    Mopvyzo
    +17
    President Obama wants America to go forward, not backwards to the failed policies of the past. He will continue taking our country forward.

• Contard... michael 2012/05/01 23:30:42
  • michael Contard... 2012/05/02 01:24:30
    michael
    +1
    you are correct the entire washington leadership including obama,too
  • Contard... michael 2012/05/02 14:35:23
  • Bassinman Contard... 2012/05/01 23:03:02
    Bassinman
    +1
    What a frickin' joke that is. Congress is averted (circumvented) by this "Transparent" holder of the seat in the Oval Office with his usual override/evasive method called the "Executive Order" WHENEVER he doesn't get his way. Congress may as well not exist any time the 'occupant' of the White House sets his mind to getting what he wants. Protocol be hanged, the voters be hanged, as long as he gets HIS way, that's all that matters to him.
  • Contard... Bassinman 2012/05/01 23:32:24
  • Bassinman Contard... 2012/05/04 05:52:39
    Bassinman
    I didn't say that Bush was perfect, but my gosh, Obama? He has gone around Congress so many times just to get his way, that I have nicknamed him "carousel". I agree, both sides suck, but there IS a lesser of two evils, and that seems to be our only choice right now.
  • Contard... Bassinman 2012/05/04 14:21:57
  • Jimbo michael 2012/05/01 21:59:26
    Jimbo
    +2
    Boehner could not sell over 4 trillion in debt reduction to his Norquist pledged caucus because it had 800 billion in mostly loophole closing revenue. 4-1 spending cuts to revenue could not be accepted by the GOP. So much for them wanting to reduce the debt. The Dems gave up many sacred cows in entitlement spending cuts, the GOP could not close loopholes on the rich.
  • michael Jimbo 2012/05/02 01:25:40
    michael
    just wait til our chinese overlords take over-then real cuts will happen
  • Bassinman michael 2012/05/04 05:54:19
    Bassinman
    +1
    Man did you ever hit the nail on the head with that one!!! Thanks for being awake.
  • michael Bassinman 2012/05/04 18:20:32
    michael
    I wish I was wrong!
  • Jean 2012/05/01 14:38:11
    Another opinon
    Jean
    +1
    It's more like "over the cliff with Obama, back to reality with Romney." Get real, leftists - your time is over (I'll be happy to donate time and money to any 'progressive' who wants to renounce his or her citizenship and leave for a worker's paradise somewhere after the election.)
  • Contard... Jean 2012/05/01 15:51:15
  • Samantha Jean 2012/05/01 19:03:29
    Samantha
    +1
    Don't conservatives like you claim the U.S. is a workers' paradise complete? You're part of the problem, and the time of leftists is hardly over.
  • Bassinman Samantha 2012/05/01 23:41:11 (edited)
    Bassinman
    +1
    If the system wasn't overrun by Obsessive Whinebaggers Syndrome people, Unions demanding outrageous wages ($65 an hour to put lug nuts on a car on an assembly line when a worker in a tire shop changes the tire, repairs it, puts it back on the car AND PUTS THE LUG NUTS ON for $8.45 an hour?), people who are too lazy to get out and work and would rather live off taxpayer's money through money that they consider to be 'entitled' to, and a few hundred other reasons why the US isn't what it used to be, we would be the 'worker's paradise' you mention. The time of the Leftist IS over. It's time to restore our Nation back to it's greatness that the Liberal/Regressives have continued to keep us from by digging us deeper into the ditch that they said they were going to get us out of. They claim that Bush was unAmerican to drive us off into the ditch and raise the debt and sell more of America to China (which I admit he did), yet they doubled down and did the same thing at a higher rate of expenditure surpassing ALL previous administrations in spending, including Bush's administration. If getting us started into the ditch was unAmerican, what should those who KEEP digging us deeper into the same ditch and who CONTINUE to sell more of us to China be called beside Socialists? HYPOCRITES, that's what.
  • Samantha Bassinman 2012/05/01 23:44:11 (edited)
    Samantha
    +1
    No union member is paid $65 per hour to "put lug nuts on a car." The U.S. has never been a workers' paradise especially when workers tried to organize for collective bargaining rights. Then, the corporate elites used the power of the state, especially the police and hired thugs to assault workers.

How many government tax subsidies are on your plate?

Your post sounds like a rant from conservative radio.
  • Tigger Too Samantha 2012/05/02 03:00:12
    Tigger Too
    It sounds like one of Rush Limaugh's or Glenn Beck's paid trolls. Hey, I wonder if the paid conservative trolls have unionized yet. [haha]
  • Samantha Tigger Too 2012/05/02 19:51:06
    Samantha
    +1
    Good question. Thank you for your input.
  • Bassinman Tigger Too 2012/05/04 06:49:40 (edited)
    Bassinman
    Thank you sooooo much for the compliment, but that was all mine, I didn't get a cent from either of those fine gentlemen, and I don't anticipate any monetary compensation from them in the future. If I only got my information from the Lame Stream Media (Left wing nuts), I would only be hearing 1/3 of what was going on, and 2/3 of that would be fabricated. I actually use many sources, including the Lame Stream Media (for comparison of reports). Anyway, thanks again, the comment is greatly appreciated. God bless America!!!!!!!
  • Bassinman Samantha 2012/05/04 06:38:16
    Bassinman
    And you sound like a typical Liberal/Regressive on PMSNBC, so what? Now we both know who we are, but that doesn't do a thing to improve America, does it? I haven't seen any solutions from the Left side of the fence. All I see is MORE expenditures and bigger gummit. We need good solutions to get us out of this self-made quagmire created by both parties (who BOTH need to take responsibility for, by the way) that seems to have no bottom.

One question, assuming you have children. When your children do something that really upsets you, what do you do? Being a Liberal, you probably don't discipline them, do you? When workers unite to get more money, what do you expect the Company to do, just roll over and give them whatever they want? A new break-room with video games? Maybe a new parking lot with a tram that will take the workers to and from the lot? A $10 an hour raise and three extra weeks vacation? When does it ever end? Obviously, you have never been in business, because there is more to consider than just keeping your workers happy with outrageous wages/demands. There were probably some bad tactics used by employers, I don't doubt that a bit, there's always one or two in every crowd. But the unions haven't been going to 'peace talks' either, when they are on the picket line th...

One question, assuming you have children. When your children do something that really upsets you, what do you do? Being a Liberal, you probably don't discipline them, do you? When workers unite to get more money, what do you expect the Company to do, just roll over and give them whatever they want? A new break-room with video games? Maybe a new parking lot with a tram that will take the workers to and from the lot? A $10 an hour raise and three extra weeks vacation? When does it ever end? Obviously, you have never been in business, because there is more to consider than just keeping your workers happy with outrageous wages/demands. There were probably some bad tactics used by employers, I don't doubt that a bit, there's always one or two in every crowd. But the unions haven't been going to 'peace talks' either, when they are on the picket line throwing Molotov cocktails, hitting people with 2x4's, breaking windows on the owner's building, and turning over cars and trucks .

And there have never been any tax subsidies on my plate, even when I was previously in business. My current endeavor is a 501c3 tax exempt, which gets "0" tax dollars and few donor dollars either, and is set up to help people with food and clothing that they may need. That's why I show 'retired' on my profile. I would not accept taxpayer dollars to better my business. It would just have to go down the tubes like the thousands of businesses before mine. That's the way the system is supposed to work. No business is too big, or small, to fail....... until the gummit gets it's nose in the private sector.
  • Igor 2012/05/01 14:18:57
    Another opinon
    Igor
    +2
    Full speed in reverse with Mitt!
  • Contard... Igor 2012/05/01 15:52:21
  • Tigger Too Contard... 2012/05/02 03:04:19
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Yeah, I can't speak for anybody else, but I for one am sick of "assuming the position," dropping my drawers, bending over and grabbing my ankles, and taking it up the old wazoo without grease. My butthole is on fire as it is. God help the citizen who isn't limber.
  • Contard... Tigger Too 2012/05/02 14:36:39
  • rand 2012/05/01 13:57:39
    Another opinon
    rand
    If Romney will acknowledge anthropogenic climate change (as he once did before having to backtrack to win support from the irrational radical right), he has my vote. IF Obama offers a serious plan for ENDING deficit spending, I'll reconsider voting for him. Currently I hope that Ron Paul runs on a 3rd ticket. At least he's honest about who he is.
  • Contard... rand 2012/05/01 15:53:26
  • Samantha Contard... 2012/05/01 19:04:14
    Samantha
    President Obama can propose a budget.
  • Contard... Samantha 2012/05/01 19:06:04
  • Samantha Contard... 2012/05/01 22:41:00
    Samantha
    I corrected your misstatement.
  • Contard... Samantha 2012/05/01 23:34:03
  • Samantha Contard... 2012/05/01 23:37:09
    Samantha
    Suddenly, you decide to change the subject when you were proven to be wrong. Just admit you were wrong.
  • Contard... Samantha 2012/05/01 23:38:43
  • Samantha Contard... 2012/05/01 23:48:48 (edited)
    Samantha
    +1
    I don't think you really want to have a conversation. If you were, you'd have an interest in learning my opinions and political beliefs related to the current presidential race.

It's difficult to know what Romney believes since he changes so frequently. Does he really believe the state should control a woman's body? Does he really believe the Ryan budget wouldn't destroy the middle class and, for that matter, turn the U.S. into a country with no compassion for the poor? I find it difficult to believe that a man as religious as Romney claims to be can hold some of the positions he holds on women's rights, the poor, and his totally unChristian view of the relationship between the rich and poor.
  • Contard... Samantha 2012/05/02 14:41:11
  • Samantha Contard... 2012/05/02 19:55:00
    Samantha
    +1
    I agree government policies and rules are complex; however, a country without regulation of corporations, regulations to protect our environment, etc. would be a terrible place to live.
  • Contard... Samantha 2012/05/03 14:31:01
  • Samantha Contard... 2012/05/03 22:48:28
    Samantha
    +1
    Having a conversation is good.
  • Contard... Samantha 2012/05/04 14:23:12
  • Bassinman Samantha 2012/05/04 07:07:32
    Bassinman
    Yeah, and does he believe in protecting the unborn living fetus inside the ho that gets pregnant every two months just to abort her 'mistake' and then do it all over again so that the taxpayers can pay for her operation? I'd like to know these things. Yeah, you're right we all need more compassion for the poor, especially the ones who abuse the system and eat up taxpayer's dollars while they sit on their rear ends living off of other's money, getting their 'entitlements' known to them as "Obama Bucks". We certainly need to vet this candidate, since there wasn't any vetting of Obama, we can make up for that by hitting Romney twice as hard.
  • Contard... Bassinman 2012/05/04 14:26:21

2014/11/24 02:54:36