Forced Castration….That’s right, I said it. Is it such a bad idea?

mandy may 2012/10/12 22:25:31
Please read and then tell me….What do you think???

If you can’t produce productive members of society or more importantly if your raising a child in itself will end up hindering them to the point of inevitable and repeated failure and they simply having no chance…Or, If you have proven repeatedly that you are a serious danger to a child or that you plain and simple are just incapable of raising them properly or humanly… should you be allowed to have children at all?
Food for thought:
Pedophiles; Its one thing if your 19 and dating a 17 year old and you get slapped with a statutory rape charge. It’s a completely different situation if you have been charged and convicted of multiple sex crimes against ANYONE let alone children and then want to play house and be a mommy or daddy. Sick. But guess what, If they get tired of trying to track down a venerable enough victim to rape and molest…they can always make their own!!! Woo Hoo for them!
Child Abusers:( http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/mom-gets-99-years-in-pr... Spanking, alright. I know I earned one or two as a child. A pop on the mouth for saying a curse word, ok. I learned my lesson. Gluing your baby to a wall and beating her? Ummmmmmmmmmmm???. And this is only the most recent story hitting the news. Children are abused every day, many times worse then this. Hands being held on stove burners, being locked in closets for days at a time, starved, pimped out…WTF!?!? And once mom or dad is done serving the prison sentence (If they’re ever brought to justice) guess what!!! They’re free to have another baby to scald in the bathtub, or whatever it is that tickles their child abusing fancy!
“Welfare Moms” I am not trying to squish everyone who’s ever been on welfare into one category here, believe me. So don’t get hyper defensive, Please. But, apparently some people have just never heard of “Wrap it before you tap it” or Planned Parenthood offering free birth control….Or don’t care and therefore end up with 10 kids, no job, not living in what you would call an ideal environment for a child to flourish in let alone grow up in period. Shouldn’t there be a cut off? Like lets say 3, you had your 3 and you cant afford to feed them or buy them new shoes or school supplies, no soup for you! (soup being more babies)??? To me its literally like throwing a kitten into shark infested waters and saying “ Oh, c’mon kitty, you can swim....You’ll be fine if you just swim hard enough!” It doesn’t change the fact that there are sharks in the water. And no kitten should ever have to go through that. EVERYONE deserves a fair chance.
Chemical Castration-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_castration
If this is so acceptable then why would it be any less acceptable to do it to a woman? Seems a bit prejudice to me…Or for that matter- do it surgically? People can stop taking pills and get back to what they were doing. LIke, children for example.
Just to clarify, this is NOT about what is actually/currently legal. This is about the consideration of such things being legal. America is a Democracy and democracies evolve, that’s a fact…I also do not need reminders of the constitution either. I am well versed in the history and foundation of our country. For the sake of avoiding such arguments, lets just say this question is meant more figuratively. Mmmm K :-)

• Tommy 2012/12/08 03:59:29
  • Navin Johnson (The Jerk) 2012/10/14 16:40:31
    Great idea! I have a list of people! Where do I sign them up?
    Navin Johnson (The Jerk)
    what you say,makes alot of sense
  • Navin J... Navin J... 2012/10/14 16:44:08
    Navin Johnson (The Jerk)
    it's true,some people shouldn't be allowed to breed
  • The Bantam Seditioner 2012/10/12 23:30:02
    Sheesh, That’s a very complicated subject. Therefore, requiring a very length...
    The Bantam Seditioner
    In theory, I could see a justification for the castration of repeat offending rapists of children or adults, because there's a sound legal principle at play in that scenario; namely, that someone who continually uses a weapon (in this case, sexual organs) irresponsibly shouldn't have possession of that weapon.

But when you mention *preventive* castration as a method of keeping potentially unfit people from becoming parents, that brings up some troubling questions and chilling implications in my mind. First of all, you'll have to have some kind of bureau to formulate and enforce the criteria for who would be deemed an unfit parent; and, humans being the prejudiced bastards we often are, that could - at various times in our history - have included anyone from members of a racial minority and those with mild disabilities to proponents of unpopular religious and political beliefs.
  • mandy may The Ban... 2012/10/12 23:38:22
    mandy may
    I may not have made myself clear enough I was saying if you prove yourself unfit, THEN....
  • mandy may mandy may 2012/10/12 23:39:10
    mandy may
    Not like, " Oh hey, you were born poor, lets make sure you cant make more oor people"
  • james.bowman.146 2012/10/12 22:42:03
    james.bowman.146
    Well, your scenarios make sense, to a degree. I'd argue that first of all, it is "Cruel and unusual punishment."

Any response? I'd like to keep a dialogue going.
  • mandy may james.b... 2012/10/12 22:51:57
    mandy may
    +1
    I think gluing a kid to a wall is cruel and unusual punishment. And i dont believe in an eye for an eye but at what point do you step in for the sake of humanity?
  • james.b... mandy may 2012/10/12 22:54:24
    james.bowman.146
    I'd argue that for the "sake of humanity" you put a bullet in the head to people like that. Don't make it into a huge media storm. Just move on from child rapists and extreme abusers.
  • mandy may james.b... 2012/10/12 23:02:28
    mandy may
    Many would argue (and im not saing this is how i feel or is not) that is to extreme.
  • james.b... mandy may 2012/10/12 23:08:37
    james.bowman.146
    Well the current system is that you pay your price in jail and you go free. So either you put them in jail for life or give them the death penalty if you want them to not have children.
  • mandy may james.b... 2012/10/12 23:21:08
    mandy may
    we are 2 people. You and I, Our oppinions matter not. The masses matter and all my money is on the masses saying thats just not ok. So thats what your left to work with. What can ya do? Make crimes of passion legal in all states? Chastity belts sent out on every girls 8th birthday? Send the world into a winding never ending black hloe? I wish it was easy to fix the system.....
  • james.b... mandy may 2012/10/12 23:39:31
    james.bowman.146
    +1
    Well you brought up debate. Debate changes the masses.
  • Navin J... james.b... 2012/10/14 16:42:53
    Navin Johnson (The Jerk)
    didn't they used to do that?
  • Navin J... mandy may 2012/10/14 16:42:24
    Navin Johnson (The Jerk)
    agreed,i just read about that the other night. a child was beaten to death in this town by her father because she was having toileting problems
  • Rustie 2012/10/12 22:41:29
    Rustie
    (Please do not forget the forced tubal ligations as well, because it's not only men that can suck as a parent)
  • mandy may Rustie 2012/10/12 22:53:18
    mandy may
    +1
    no prejudice here, everyone included.
  • Rustie mandy may 2012/10/12 22:53:45
    Rustie
    YAY!
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/10/12 22:32:18
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    The cases you explain are all fair and good, but... it does open the door for the collective thinking that leads to the marginalization of human beings. The minute you become capable of viewing any person as less than human - even if they have done unspeakable horrors - you open yourself up to doing this to others. You put yourself in the position of a god and that is where human rights tragedies begin.
  • mandy may Beat Ma... 2012/10/12 22:42:20
    mandy may
    Well, I guess I feel like, If god wont stop it....Who will?
  • mandy may 2012/10/12 22:28:14
    Who cares! That poor Kitten!
    mandy may
    I would love to know what everyone thinks.
  • JCD aka... mandy may 2012/10/22 16:02:31
    JCD aka "biz"
    And I would love to know if you support surgical or chemical castration.
  • mandy may JCD aka... 2012/10/29 19:03:51
    mandy may
    if the situation merits it....hell yeah.

2014/12/20 23:03:19