For those who are programmed "hypnotized " and think the leftie / rightie side has NO significance to brain functions .ie in politics lib,, conserv ... think again ,,and the sheeples are hypnotized !

kaZappoo 2012/09/20 02:31:00

How Does Hypnosis Work?

Though scientists cannot agree on precisely how hypnosis works within the brain and its altered state, there are certain things that have been observed as patients fall into hypnosis. It is commonly believed that the state of consciousness is altered in hypnosis so that the left side of the brain -- that side responsible for analysis, judgment, and synthesis -- is shut down, and the right side of the brain -- the non-analytical side -- is made to be more attentive. The subconscious mind is awake and accessible, while the conscious control of the mind is subdued. As the subconscious part of the mind is rooted much deeper, it is more instinctual than the conscious part, yet presents enormous opportunity for the patient to alter his or her physical and behavioral state.

For example, if a person consciously desired to overcome a fear of heights, they may have tried every conscious effort that they can to try to overcome it, and yet still fail because of the terror that remains on the subconscious part of the mind, preventing success. The desired outcome can only be achieved if the subconscious mind is reprogrammed so that the instinctual beliefs, buried deep-down, are removed or changed.

What Is a Hypnosis Treatment Like?

Understanding the way that hypnosis treatment actually works begins by knowing that there are a lot of myths out there that are just that: myths. There is, at no point, a time when the patient is put into a deep sleep where s/he can be forced to do things that s/he wouldn't usually do. In truth, a patient remains fully aware of who and where they are, and can hear the suggestions made by the hypnotherapist.

What is important is that the patient is seeking to alter something, such as an addiction or habit, and that patient must be quite motivated to make this change. The patient must truly want the hypnosis treatment to work, and must have built a good rapport with the hypnotherapist in order for everything to function properly.

The preparedness and aptitude among patients to be hypnotized fluctuates greatly, and hypnotherapy typically necessitates that several hypnotic sessions will be required in order for any meaningful outcomes to be achieved.

It is, however, possible for the patient to learn self-hypnosis, allowing him or her to practice hypnosis at home and strengthen the sessions with the therapist. This is very useful for helping to combat anxiety-related issues.

Hypnosis vs. Hypnotherapy

Many people don't realize that there is a difference between hypnosis and hypnotherapy. In fact, many people use these words interchangeably, while there is a definite difference between them.

Hypnosis

Hypnosis is an extremely old technique that involves healing in an altered state of awareness, similar to a trance, and is among the oldest healing techniques found in virtually every culture around the world. Technically speaking, hypnosis was the original psychological therapy, and is the basis for many of today's psychological intervention styles.

Though trances and other kinds of altered states have been around for thousands of years, the actual word hypnosis was only used for the first time by Dr. James Braid, a Scottish physician, in 1840.

As far as current scientific understanding reaches, hypnosis cannot yet be accurately and fully defined, however, as an interim definition, it is accepted that hypnosis is an altered state of mind in which the patient experiences enhanced mental and physical relaxation, and where increased communication is possible between the subconscious and the conscious minds.

Hypnosis is also widely accepted as a highly effective method for healing and reaching one's inner potential. The hypnotic state of mind can be brought about either with the help of another person, or it can be brought about by the patient him or herself, completely unaided. When the person aiding in achieving the state of hypnosis is a trained professional, then the process is commonly known as hypnotherapy.

Hypnotherapy

Hypnotherapy is a form of psychological therapy and counseling which treats emotional and psychological disorders as well as fears, unwanted habits, emotional problems, and undesirable feelings. The purpose of hypnotherapy is to help patients to discover effective, meaningful ways to alter their current feelings and behaviors, and to encourage the personal development of patients while unlocking their buried potential.

Hypnotherapy is distinctive among the many types of psychological therapy as it works to access the subconscious mind of the patient. Hypnotherapists will commonly begin with techniques to relax the patient and prepare him or her to work with their own imagination, while using a variety of other techniques that may include such devices as metaphor and symbolism as well as story telling and the use of direct suggestion in order to encourage specific predetermined changes.

Hypnotherapists may also choose to utilize analytical techniques in order to discover deep seeded problems which could be rooted in the past of the patient. Patients may also have their hypnotherapist concentrate on current problems from their life. It is typically thought to be important that the patient be personally motivated to make the alteration that is the goal of the hypnosis instead of relying only on the efforts of the therapist. However, believing in the possibility of change that will be advantageous to the patient may be enough of a jumping off point to get the therapy moving in the right direction.

No matter which techniques are used, it is often believed that the most crucial element to successful hypnotherapy is the patient's ability to feel comfortable with the hypnotherapist. This is particularly important in this specific kind of therapy, as the confidence of the patient in the hypnotist directly impacts the results. Therefore, it is commonly recommended that when the patient is seeking hypnotherapy, only one session should be booked at a time so that they may decide after the first session whether or not they would like to continue with that therapist.

Hypnotherapy, unlike other kinds of psychological therapy, is commonly thought to be a relatively short-term method of seeking beneficial life modifications, and that its advantages should begin to be visible within only a few short sessions.

It should be understood that in hypnotherapy, hypnosis is not the only technique that is used. Therapists will frequently incorporate other suitable counseling techniques in order to assist the patient in the fullest possible way.

http://www.altmd.com/Articles/How-Does-Hypnosis-Work

Read More: http://www.altmd.com/Articles/How-Does-Hypnosis-Work

• S Perkins 2012/12/10 15:40:47
  • MR. 2012/09/20 08:39:12
    MR.
    MAYBE "A PRETTY GIRL", MIGHT GET ME IN HER SPELL, (MAYBE?) BUT OBAMA? WOW! SOMEONE IN AMERICA'S SHOOTIN' PRETTY LOW? *(ROMNEY/RYAN 2012') -"Cool, like the other side of the pillow!"-
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2012/09/20 06:42:51
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    It's interesting, especially mass hypnosis. Add to that the wide spread use of Psychotropic drugs such as 6 million kids on Ritalin, 1/3 of the population using some form (anti depressives, anxiety, Prozac, zoloft, etc). I believe these are used along with mass hypnosis. Plus the military has gone full bore on Combat Enhancement drugs to give the solder a little edge in stressful situations (110,000 given 6 month renewable prescription).

Universities are spending a lot of money researching this, when they aren't producing mass murders as collateral damage. Some things they have studied, are flicker rates on TV's and computer screens. Electromagnetic of Cell Phones, radio transmissions, RAP/Hip Hop music, food additives and on.

Hypnosis has been around for a long time, kept Realtors, used car salesmen, pastors, cults, and politicians alive and well for many years.

Now that has advanced to more refined techniques and the addition of chemistry.
  • kaZappoo Pedro D... 2012/09/20 17:09:28
    kaZappoo
    +1
    yeppers .....agreed on all points ....then there are the doubters !

thanks for the reply !
  • redhorse29 2012/09/20 05:56:17
    redhorse29
    I have know of cases where hypnosis works and many where it was about as good as listening to Mom or Pop tell us how best to proceed. Guess I just do not have enough facts to make a qualified call.
  • kaZappoo redhorse29 2012/09/20 06:00:04
    kaZappoo
    my objective here was to point out to all that many are programmed to think good of a faction ..and there in denial of this ....and prove al well the the left & right sides of the brain directly correlate to libs & conservs !
  • rereblue 2012/09/20 05:34:37
    rereblue
    Hypnosis does work, just, not in the way people think, it can curb the sensation of pain, but you won't be able to do something you weren't already capable of, and if you aren't open to it, it probably won't work. It is a pretty successful method to curb hunger (pretty much putting you on a subconcious diet) and to help people quit smoking.
  • kaZappoo rereblue 2012/09/20 05:57:04
    kaZappoo
    thanks for the ideas ,, and I used self hypnosis to quit smoking & drinking ,, and places like postitve changes centers ..

this "worked for hitler control his people hypnosis ...power of suggestion ?

then there is programming " stolkholm syndrome " ,,power of suggestion repeated ,over & over , it's been docummented that people can be hypnotized "against their will "

it's believed many here in this country have been subliminally programmed ,,,again thought suggestions !

many people here wont admit there programmed by a current faction ....
  • rereblue kaZappoo 2012/09/20 06:51:56
    rereblue
    My parents used hypnosis to quit smoking, it lasted about 3 years before they picked it back up again, but it was a really positive change for them.

Hypnosis is kind of like programming, because the person preforming it can put in ideas like 'I have a smaller appetite' or 'I don't like smoking'.

I studied it in Psychology 101.

Subliminal messaging is actually more controversial in practice than hypnosis because subliminal messaging relaly can only evoke emotion and it is really hard to get it to work.
  • kaZappoo rereblue 2012/09/20 17:11:10
    kaZappoo
    precisely my point .....they there are those who will deny there programmed ..

thanks for the reply !
  • Red_Horse 2012/09/20 03:29:00
  • kaZappoo Red_Horse 2012/09/20 03:35:43
    kaZappoo
    +2
    Ok thanks for the reply

it wasnt really meant for the conservative mind ,,I know your strong !
  • Red_Horse kaZappoo 2012/09/20 03:38:10
  • kaZappoo Red_Horse 2012/09/20 03:54:48
    kaZappoo
    +1
    well I beg the differ ,, it's been proven ,,as is the basis of the poll , I'm conservative , meaning & have allegance to the constitution & nation !

the nazi's were programmed by hitler , hypnotized ,,

the weaker liberal psychie is more suceptable , than the stronger conservative psychie ..

did you read the poll ?
  • Red_Horse kaZappoo 2012/09/20 05:10:48
  • kaZappoo Red_Horse 2012/09/20 05:30:43
    kaZappoo
    +1
    so you read the first 2 sentences ..then attempted to make a educated opinion ?

it's ok .....I was merely making a point to those who are unknowingly programmed how it happened ,,since 90% of these obamabots deny there hypnotized ...

I know you .. weve discussed things & agreed more than disagreed !

the poll was'nt aimed at dissing you !
  • Red_Horse kaZappoo 2012/09/20 05:35:48 (edited)
  • Rodney 2012/09/20 03:22:47
    NO way, NO how am I programmed . I can deny it !
    Rodney
    +4
    Been hypnotized before (stopping cigarettes) and know it cannot work unless you are ready to let it work. Have a friend who practices hypnotherapy and let him practice on me. That was a trip. When someone telly you, you are an old soul...you may very well be.
    Can either be utilized to change ones political ideology? I don't know. I could expand on that, but best to leave it open ended. LOL
  • kaZappoo Rodney 2012/09/20 03:27:03
    kaZappoo
    +2
    I programmed MY self to quit smoking & drinking ,,,and no withdraws !

but I use sound judgement & common sense political areas ..
  • Rodney kaZappoo 2012/09/20 03:50:51
    Rodney
    I used to have a subliminal tape that I used to help me sleep (note; never take a job you hate,LOL).
  • keeper 2012/09/20 03:06:28
    I didnt realize I was , I'll resist it from now on .
    keeper
    +5
    Although hypnosis can be used on susceptable people, I don't think it works on everyone all of the time. I would say that subliminal suggestion is a very powerful tool.
  • Charu ∞... keeper 2012/09/20 03:09:17
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +5
    True....and anything that is repeated over and over can cause the same effect. :)
  • kaZappoo keeper 2012/09/20 03:19:53 (edited)
    kaZappoo
    +3
    ""subliminal programming"" takes longer ,but is more effective when done correctly .." the victim doesnt realize there programmed ' and will violently deny it "

actually is called "as you said " power of suggestion "

so would you agree that many sheeples are programmed , and the right "conserv " side & left "liberal side does exist ??

which was the intent of this [poll ..
  • Old Salt 2012/09/20 03:05:45
  • kaZappoo Old Salt 2012/09/20 03:22:52
    kaZappoo
    +4
    BRAVO ....THANK'S FOR THAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION !

that was just one of many theories on the subject !

but all diagnoses were the same !
  • Rodney Old Salt 2012/09/20 03:24:13
    Rodney
    +4
    LOL, He only works on the lesser of mental persons.
  • kaZappoo Rodney 2012/09/20 03:37:50
    kaZappoo
    +4
    precisely ,,soetoro has dominance of the weaker liberal "right sided "mind ....

that was the just of the poll !
  • Rodney kaZappoo 2012/09/20 03:51:38
    Rodney
    I kind of missed that, didn't I? LOL
  • Charu ∞... Old Salt 2012/09/20 03:42:17
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +3
    well said
  • Old Salt Charu ∞... 2012/09/20 05:51:48
  • Charu ∞... Old Salt 2012/09/20 06:11:01
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +2
    omg OS....You are so funny!!! You make a great post and then declare you don't know what you said!?!?!?!?!
    woman laughing gif
  • Old Salt Charu ∞... 2012/09/20 06:19:03
  • Charu ∞... Old Salt 2012/09/20 06:33:17
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    understand.....
    woman winking gif
  • kaZappoo Old Salt 2012/09/20 17:15:45
    kaZappoo
    +1
    actually Old Salt ..that was the entire article from the site "i didn't edit one thing " copied & pasted exactly as was written .. but it does MAKE SENSE FOR THE RIGHT CONSERVATIVE 'SIDE " & "LEFT" LIBERAL SIDE .....

amusing isnt it ?
  • kaZappoo Charu ∞... 2012/09/20 17:12:29
    kaZappoo
    +1
    I do that as well ..........OOPS''' what did I just say ??
  • Charu ∞... kaZappoo 2012/09/20 17:24:11
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    Yes you did!!!
  • Tracie ... Old Salt 2012/09/20 03:43:37
    Tracie Richards~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I wonder if there's a correlation between people being left handed, or right brain dominant, and being conservative?
  • Old Salt Tracie ... 2012/09/20 05:53:15
  • Charu ∞... Old Salt 2012/09/20 06:12:02
  • Charu ∞... Tracie ... 2012/09/20 06:11:51
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +1
    No ma'am....studies have found that both are equal to suggestion.

2014/09/03 00:17:22