For those trying to ban guns: murder by baseball bat. Will Liberals try to ban baseball next, claiming there's no 2nd Amendment right to own a baseball bat?

tncdel 2012/12/05 02:41:56

• GoDucks5 2012/12/05 02:49:59
    Comment as you wish.
    GoDucks5
    +7
    Also ban knives, scissors, razors, stoves, houses, cars, use of hands, all of those could lead to death.

• Navin Johnson (The Jerk) 2012/12/31 22:31:52 (edited)
    Comment as you wish.
    Navin Johnson (The Jerk)
    probably,ireland banned samurai swords after they banned all of the guns
  • iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~ 2012/12/06 17:20:32
    Comment as you wish.
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    No.

I'm not trying to ban guns...but, your argument is, of course, DEEPLY flawed. Guns are different from other weapons, of course, in that they allow for indiscriminate and impersonal violence that is more effectively deadly.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/12/06 00:31:04
    Comment as you wish.
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    As far as I am concerned with need what ever weapons are needed to take on the government. In order for the government to serve us it need to fear us. This government has proven it no longer fears us.
    Comment as you wish.
    Doctors and hospitals kill 10 times more people than guns, maybe doctors need to be banned.
  • bpf 2012/12/05 18:56:21
    Comment as you wish.
    bpf
    As with all socialist/communist take overs first remove the ability of the citizens to defend themselves then move in....America is at the first level of this attack. Whether we allow this present administration controlled by radical leftist to succeed will be in our hands to stop.
  • Todd Parsons 2012/12/05 18:12:04
    Comment as you wish.
    Todd Parsons
    the human fist ranks third among most used murder weapons.... are we going to start chopping off hands next?
  • RubenRibnik 2012/12/05 18:10:41
    Comment as you wish.
    RubenRibnik
    people do not understand, libs want you to think it is because of gun violence, the real reason is so you an not stand up for yourself when they decide to take over
  • Classical Liberal 2012/12/05 17:02:42 (edited)
    Comment as you wish.
    Classical Liberal
    I own a pistol, a katana, a hand-and-a-half sword, a machete, and three wooden swords.

Go ahead, take my pistol. Just nevermind this totally non-lethal katana...
  • micha77 2012/12/05 16:03:04
    Comment as you wish.
    micha77
    Add to the list cars. Many people are killed by cars every year, so ban cars. Alcohol kills thousands per year, ban alcohol? (Tried that one, how did that work out?) The list can go on, but do I really need to? Oh, yeah, ban that weasel Costas, or maybe ship him to Havana to cover Cuban baseball games.
  • Professor Wizard 2012/12/05 14:49:34
    Comment as you wish.
    Professor Wizard
    That is EXACTLY what they will do... Once it starts, you will not be able to stop it.

and they won't stop.. until after they have banned Penis's.
  • jack_kazim 2012/12/05 12:40:28
  • WWZ Captain 2012/12/05 07:09:54
    Comment as you wish.
    WWZ Captain
    This shouldn't even be about politics, for most people (except sodahead and fox news) it isn't. This is just something that LOGIC should dictate. If every gun in the world disappeared tomorrow, STABBINGS would go thru the roof !! It's what people do ! Hell, Cain killed Abel, and there was only like what, 6 folks on the earth at the time ? LOL ! This is just more silly talk, to distract folks from real issues. If anything close to gun confiscation starts to happen in AMERICA, just sit back, and watch a live HORROR SHOW ! GUN NUT
  • Resp 2012/12/05 05:57:35
    Comment as you wish.
    Resp
    As Bob Costas said, If only he didn't possess a gun Mrs. Carter would still be alive.

Oh, wait a minute...never mind.
  • Max 2012/12/05 05:39:21
    Comment as you wish.
    Max
    It must be the bat culture. Here's another one that's wanted for brutally beating his wife with a bat.

bat culture brutally beating wife bat

http://www.valleycentral.com/...
  • Charles E 2012/12/05 05:27:33
    Comment as you wish.
    Charles E
    Bob Costas claimed there would be no murders if there were no guns. In the same week a man killed his own father with a crossbow then committed suicide with a knife.

Fanatics and idiots will say anything to keep the people disarmed.

"An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject" Thomas Jefferson
  • realist 2012/12/05 04:36:27
    Comment as you wish.
    realist
    That dude was massive, and 8 previous charges lol...ah the whole lot of them were probably cutting sick at each other. Doesn't seem like the friendliest neighborhood.

Sad someone had to die, and yes it shows if you want to kill someone/or even by accident you don't need a gun to do it.
  • Roblem BN-0 2012/12/05 04:24:06
    Comment as you wish.
    Roblem BN-0
    No no no... we need to ban automobiles because THEY kill so many people. ;-)
  • ontinashi 2012/12/05 04:00:13
    Comment as you wish.
    ontinashi
    I don't have an opinion that goes to either side of this debate, the only thing I wish to include is that a baseball bat has a purpose, which is to hit a baseball in a sports game, a guns main and only purpose is to cause harm to other people.
  • Thomas ... ontinashi 2012/12/14 21:47:37
    Thomas Brown
    +9
    That's a fair perspective.

Here is mine. Humans have found countless ways to harm each other long before guns were invented. Heinous crimes are not the result of any created weapon, but rather the result of hatred and warped human minds.

In my world, guns are created to hunt and to protect one's self and family. I'll be keeping mine so others can keep their right to their perspective. I think that's fair, too.
  • ontinashi Thomas ... 2012/12/14 22:00:41
    ontinashi
    I agree, your perspective is as far as I'm concerned also correct
  • Jon the Flamer 2012/12/05 03:52:59
    Comment as you wish.
    Jon the Flamer
    Comparing a baseball bat to a gun really isn't a valid comparison considering guns are made primarily to kill, but I do see the point of this question. I mean.....what would be next? We have no rights to our own hands? It's not like we couldn't strangle someone, but still guns should not be available.
  • LMA 2012/12/05 03:48:37
    Comment as you wish.
    LMA
    I say it all the time thank what ever god you believe in criminals only use guns, Guns hit one target at a time. Gasoline, electricity, poisons, gases, traps of all sorts, Could be used if you ban guns and have been used all over the world.
  • Matt M 2012/12/05 03:41:45
    Comment as you wish.
    Matt  M
    There is no constitutional protection for baseball bat ownership.

A biblical analogy is that the founders intented to write the Ten Commandments not Deutronomy. They intrusted to us to figure out if as a society we could handle baseball bats or not through the legislative process.

So far, we're doing ok with it.
    Comment as you wish.
    +1
    or tire irons or kitchen knives or forks, sporks .. screwdrivers, hammers, etc?
    Just bubble wrap it up ..
    don't bother to eat or chew anymore ..
    you won't be allowed to even cut up your own dinner to eat ..
  • gavin 2012/12/05 03:27:14
    Comment as you wish.
    gavin
    +1
    OMG! I own a baseball bat!
  • Rob Clary 2012/12/05 03:23:31 (edited)
    Comment as you wish.
    Rob Clary
    +1
    If bats are outlawed, only outlaws will have bats...lol
    Oh, President Obama supports the 2nd Amendment...btw...
  • Glfer65 2012/12/05 03:22:15
    Comment as you wish.
    Glfer65
    +1
    I think this is a rhetorical question to something that has deeper discussions. Gun control is not the direct answer because criminals always find ways to get their guns. And really in all honesty I don't think liberals will get their way ever as the Dems know this is a very sensitive issue.
    Look back when Clinton got elected and the cons figured he would enact some gun control.....never happened. Or when Obama won his first term same thing....never happened.....We already know where states tried it and has failed miserably with crimes soaring and states that had rules but were geared to having people own firearms with rules in place.....crimes plummeted and people were not afraid.
  • tncdel 2012/12/05 03:15:55
    Comment as you wish.
    tncdel
    +3
    Speeches by Nancy Pelosi should be banned as well for potentially causing suicides.

• sglmom tncdel 2012/12/05 03:30:24
    Or at least very high levels of nausea ...
    (could be life threatening .. since you could become dehydrated from trying to deal with what upset your stomach by hearing her voice)
  • WWZ Cap... tncdel 2012/12/05 06:57:39
    WWZ Captain
    O.k., politics aside tncdel, that was funny ! :)
  • CA Gal 2012/12/05 03:14:39 (edited)
    Comment as you wish.
    CA Gal
    +1
    You must be one of those that said President Obama if elected in 2008, would by 2012, have taken your guns, your right to go to church, would kill the stock market by now (although it's doubled in value now since Bush's years) and turned the country completely communist. L-M-A-O!!!! None of those things came to fruition. We're not trying to take guns away!!!! I grew up in a family of hunters and therefore grew up with guns around the house. And we're certainly not going to take away baseball lol. Personally though, I believe assault rifles need some restrictions to prevent people like James Holmes of Colorado from slaughtering all those innocent civilians in the movie theater. I believe we should leave assault weapons in the hands of the police and military. There is no reason a civilian should own one. It's illegal to use one on a deer anyway.
  • LastRanger CA Gal 2012/12/05 15:15:49
    LastRanger
    I’m just curious.
    Define assault weapon.
    Assault weapon is a political term. As far as I know; Colt, Browning, S&W, Ruger, nor Winchester do not classify or sell anything known as an assault weapon. Where would anyone purchase such a device when no one manufactures same?

And, Oh by-the-way, the second amendment does not mention deer hunting – that is not what it is about.

Analyst, Ph.D.
  • CA Gal LastRanger 2012/12/07 01:39:40
    CA Gal
    AK-47's with armor piercing bullets were used in North Hollywood. 11 Police Officers and 7 civilians injured. The gun battle went on for 44 minutes. Officers were armed with 9 mm, .38 Specials and some had shotguns. The thieves were not using these weapons for protection against tyranny or deer hunting. Or the AR-15 assault weapon used by James Holmes in Colorado that killed and injured so many people that were there just to see the Batman premiere. If they are not banned, they certainly need stricter controls on who is allowed to purchase them. I am not anti guns by any means...I am however, very much against innocent people being shot with them.
  • LastRanger CA Gal 2012/12/07 15:39:23
    LastRanger
    +1
    You still have not defined assault weapon.
    What would I be shown if I went into a gun store and asked for and assault weapon?
    You referenced the AR-15. That is classified as a semi-automatic rifle. (FYI)
    Be very careful when you start defining ‘things’; that is how it started in Australia and ended up including air-guns.

"The first step to wisdom is calling things by their right names."
  • harry.e... CA Gal 2014/03/31 17:14:12
    harry.elder.7
    +1
    So your saying the CRIMINALS that had this gun battle with law enforcement with fully automatic AK's which If Im not mistaken are ILLEGAL to own would follow the laws that you make against owning certain firearms ?.....
  • CA Gal harry.e... 2014/03/31 22:42:35
    CA Gal
    Who in their right mind would EVER expect a criminal to follow the rules. Silly question on your part. If AK's were not allowed to be sold at all in the U.S. these criminals would most likely would have never been able to obtain these weapons.
  • Aader 2012/12/05 03:13:42
    Comment as you wish.
    Aader
    bring it. 22 millimeter cannon
    sherman P51 mustang jet c4 browning m2 M RAP claymore
    i am a liscenced owner of all of these. though i only have about half.
  • WWZ Cap... Aader 2012/12/05 06:59:05
    WWZ Captain
    you legally possess a claymore mine ??? in your house ?? WOW !
  • Aader WWZ Cap... 2012/12/05 13:27:48
  • WWZ Cap... Aader 2012/12/05 19:17:25
    WWZ Captain
    That is sooooo AWESOME !!!!

2014/11/28 21:47:52