FOR RON PAUL SUPPORTERS ... KEEP FOLLOWING THE DREAM OF ONCE AGAIN HAVING A FREE AMERICA ... LIBERTY!

Arizona1950 2012/06/16 15:45:47

The Republican National Convention begins on August 27, and you and I have some critical work to do to get ready.

As I shared last week, my campaign will have as many as 200 bound delegates and several hundred more on the convention floor who support our issues.

To stand with my delegates, I will be holding an important rally in Tampa on Sunday, August 26th. Everyone is welcome to attend. In fact, I'm hoping we'll have a wonderful crowd.

The goal of this rally is to kick off the week for our delegates, set the proper respectful and positive tone, and prove to the GOP establishment that you and I are the future of the Republican Party - and that we stand behind our beliefs 100%.

Today, I shot a video sharing my thoughts on my campaign's successesand how we will advance our ideas in Tampa. I do hope you'll take a moment to watch it.

Of course, my campaign is still competing in several state conventions still yet to come. And we have a lot of planning to do to prepare for the convention.

If you are a delegate, please stay tuned for communications from my staff laying out our plans and offering assistance.

If you are not a delegate but would like to come celebrate with us, you will hear more details in the coming weeks.

There is no doubt that you and I can win the future.

Tampa is an important step toward restoring liberty in our country and setting the stage for victories yet tocome.

I hope I can count on you to join us.

For Liberty,
Ron Paul

• DeeB 2012/06/16 18:45:03
    Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul!
    DeeB
    +7
    I AM RON PAUL!!! Let us bring him all the way to the OVAL office.

• rdmatheny A Found... 2012/06/17 03:16:52
    rdmatheny
    +1
    Every state has one and if you don't believe me, then go to the official site and see for yourself. Here: http://www.epa.gov/epahome/st...
  • A Found... rdmatheny 2012/06/18 05:40:54 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    These exist ONLY owing to the Federal environmental laws and the Federal EPA. Before the Federal legislation most states cared little to nothing about the sewage in the muni water supplies, industrial wastes in the rivers that burst into flames, and more gross pollution than I could describe in a week.

Leaving 50 weak legislatures to defend against corporations with $Billions of dollars available to buy their ways is a silly exercise in David vs Goliath contests. It was done that way for a hundred years and the results are so widely known as to not be a rational suggestion to again allow that circumstance to exist.
  • Arizona... rdmatheny 2012/06/17 03:12:41
    Arizona1950
    +2
    The Constitution was not written to have slaves ... so there is nothing to ratify and an amendment to the constitution to allow slavery would be unconstitutional.
  • rdmatheny Arizona... 2012/06/17 03:17:59
    rdmatheny
    +1
    Thanks for correcting me.
  • cuz A Found... 2012/06/17 00:29:21 (edited)
    cuz
    +3
    Would these fit your criteria?

He is against the NDAA that currently reads that you can be arrested without a warrant and held indefinitely.
    http://www.infowars.com/ron-p...

He would like to see the Patriot Act, that allows the FBI to come into your home when you aren't there to go through all of your records.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/pa...

He would like to see us out of the United Nations and end NAFTA.
    http://www.dailypaul.com/1303...

He is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/pa...

He is pro-life.
    http://www.covenantnews.com/a...

He is for ending the unconstitutional, obscene, endless wars.

• A Found... cuz 2012/06/17 00:58:01
    A Founding Father
    +2
    I could buy into two or three of those goals. But, they aren't about to happen, so they are "off the table" at this time. The rest, NO, I'm not for decreasing our vigilance against internal terrorists of any description, don't believe having more guns in the hands of lunatics and angry old men is a good idea, know that we export much of the little we produce and import about 90% of all we consume under rather favorable terms, and I want all the females in the world to have all the access possible to contraceptives, free if necessary. Having a Congress that refuses to take part in governance in greater control of the economy, as they are of immigration, would be like making foxes guardians of the chickens as Congress is owned by Reagan Banks, corporations, and Wall Street's brokerages, the "Top 2% Club". I don't think giving them control of the money supply is a good idea. They already have nearly 70% of all the money supply in the Nation.

Ron Paul is probably a nice old guy with sincere beliefs in his various proposals. Trouble is, most of his proposals have no more chance of being accepted by a majority of the population than a snowball has of lasting through Arizona's summer heat. Some things are just not going to happen and need to be discounted in view of that reality.
  • Arizona... A Found... 2012/06/17 03:17:34
    Arizona1950
    +3
    Ron Paul is a constitutionalist and there are more coming is my take on things. He's not going to turn 100 years of abuse around in 4 years but he will most definitely start us in the right direction.
  • RageFury Arizona... 2012/06/17 07:12:26
    RageFury
    +2
    Yep. He has said or it has been said, that the changes he wants won't likely be finished in his lifetime. Completing his/our dream will be our job, he can only get us started.
  • cuz A Found... 2012/06/17 14:48:39
    cuz
    After mulling over your reply I have to say that you're probably right on a lot of it. As decadent as this society is at present it might disintegrate even faster having real freedom.
    People living in the states when the Constitution was written were much more able to govern their own actions without the need of near as much external governance. Not just any can handle it.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
    John Adams
  • A Found... cuz 2012/06/17 15:50:51
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Indeed, the demands of 330+ Million population living in close proximity differ greatly from an agrarian society of less than 20 million.
  • cuz A Found... 2012/06/17 16:02:08
    cuz
    That they do. The principle of self governance isn't only for a lesser population though. The more people control their actions because of wanting to please a higher power the less laws are needed, hence a freer society.
  • A Found... cuz 2012/06/18 05:14:49 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    I'm sure Islamic clerics would be glad to tell you about their "higher power" that is so "wanted" in twenty or thirty countries around the world - Syria, Iran, Sudan, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, Egypt, Somalia, and dozens more. It is the "free society" created by mind controlling religious zealots that is the cause of nearly all of the troubles and conflicts in the world, now and forever before. Your idea is, of course, a delusion, a dream that never was and never will be.
  • cuz A Found... 2012/06/18 05:19:15
    cuz
    +1
    I thought you might have a little sense. I guess I was right.
  • Arizona... A Found... 2012/06/18 05:24:51
    Arizona1950
    The 1st Amendment was designed to be a shield to protect Americans from religious persecution, although groups such as the ACLU use it as a sword to take our rights from us. The central purpose of the 1st Amendment is to allow the freedom to worship God according to the dictates of one's conscience. In other words, without the acknowledgment of God, there would be no 1st Amendment.

• A Found... Arizona... 2012/06/18 06:05:39 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    BS. The Amendment has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with a delusion of a supernatural being involving itself in the workings of a civil society of intelligent and focused humans. It merely recites that those who are so inclined can do their silliness without interference from the Government, and everyone can shoot off their mouth with whatever they might wish. Can we begin to imagine what problems this Amendment has caused in our society?

The ACLU has never rewritten this Amendment, but has used it to further the causes of those who would be denied the benefits of the Amendment by persons like yourself who think it was intended only for you and people who think like you. You see, that is the very essence of why it was placed in the Amendments, to protect from people like yourself who think your "rights" are superior to other's "rights". If any were given the opportunity to determine "rights" and "wrongs" of speech or religious beliefs, then corruption would be unavoidable.

Suppose we told the Elders of the Mormon Church they could decide "rights" and acceptable "speech"? Would the Catholic Church or the Southern Baptist Church be satisfied with that? How about the Seventh Day Adventists? Could we buy a cup of coffee on Saturday, or on Sunday, or buy a cup of cof...

Suppose we told the Elders of the Mormon Church they could decide "rights" and acceptable "speech"? Would the Catholic Church or the Southern Baptist Church be satisfied with that? How about the Seventh Day Adventists? Could we buy a cup of coffee on Saturday, or on Sunday, or buy a cup of coffee any day of the week? The Founders recognized that religious zealots and loudmouths are somewhat insane people who may believe their delusions so firmly as to be a source of trouble making and violence, so the best solution to their troubled minds is to assure all of them the right to do as they please. Hence, this Amendment.
  • Arizona... A Found... 2012/06/18 06:08:47 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    Don't know your history very well do you ... just your delusional belief. You can't prove that God doesn't exist and history says Jesus Christ did in fact walk the earth ... The Jewish Torah (I think that's what its called) from which comes our Christian Bible goes back centuries; long before the US ever existed.
  • A Found... Arizona... 2012/06/18 06:18:10 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Which has nothing at all to do with anything we have discussed here.
    I can't prove that the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist either, and today my granddaughter showed my the $5 she found under her pillow this morning and her little tooth was gone. She has more proof of the Fairy than you can find for a "God" thingy.
  • Arizona... A Found... 2012/06/18 12:32:46 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    I believe you can prove the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist. There is no tooth fairy to remove the tooth and replace it with $5 that took humn intervention. Your daughter will understand this when she gets older.

However the point is our constitution was written in such a way that my belief is just as valuable as yours in that neither one of us should be harassed or hurt because of our belief. In addition if we did not acknowledge this than our constitution is worthless and socialism / communism / the New World Order which mandates every single right you have perhaps even your thoughts comes from government (man).

The ACLU began in 1917 as the National Civil Liberties Bureau to defend WWI draftees who claimed deferment as conscientious objectors. Founder Roger Baldwin was a member of the Communist Party who spent 9 months in prison for refusing to report for his own draft physical exam. In 1920, the bureau reorganized as the American Civil Liberties Union supposedly to defend civil rights. But one of its chief goals was the rejection of God and religion. Embracing atheism and a materialistic view of life, the ACLU undermined those absolute rights that Thomas Jefferson declared had come from God. By denying the existence of God, the ACLU denied the source of our rights of life, li...

The ACLU began in 1917 as the National Civil Liberties Bureau to defend WWI draftees who claimed deferment as conscientious objectors. Founder Roger Baldwin was a member of the Communist Party who spent 9 months in prison for refusing to report for his own draft physical exam. In 1920, the bureau reorganized as the American Civil Liberties Union supposedly to defend civil rights. But one of its chief goals was the rejection of God and religion. Embracing atheism and a materialistic view of life, the ACLU undermined those absolute rights that Thomas Jefferson declared had come from God. By denying the existence of God, the ACLU denied the source of our rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

When the acknoledgment of God is removed from public life, life itself is not defined as a gift of God, but it begins when government says it does. That is the reason why we have such immoral procedures as partial birth abortion.

According to the ACLU judges are represetatives of the state and the state is not supposed to support a religion of any sort.

Thomas Jefferson stated in the very first sentence of the Declaration of Independence that America is entiled to exist as a power on earth because of the "Laws of Nature and of Nature's God." As John Quincy Adams, the 6th president of the US, later explained, "The laws of nature and nature's God ... of course presupposes the existence of God, the moral ruler of the universe, and a rule of right and wrong, of just and unjust, binding upon man, preceding all institutions of human society of government." Jefferson and John Quincy Adams agreed the God's law formed the bases for America's law and government.

Jefferson went on to say in the Declaration that it was self-evident that God was our Creator, and the grantor of rights such as "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness," and that the only role of government was to secure those rights for us. A government that did not effectively secure those rights was to be abolished.

The US Constitution does not give the federal government the power to censor a state's acknowledgment of God.

Our constitution was written in such a way as to secure the rights of conscience, and a free exercise of the rights of religion, not to patronize those who profess no religion at all.

The ACLU has no hesitation suing over something even if it just looks or appears "religous" even by its shape.

"So Help Me God"
    by Former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Alabama Roy Moore

You should pick it up sometime.
  • A Found... Arizona... 2012/06/18 21:07:54
    A Founding Father
    You reveal that you haven't read much of the works of the "Founding Fathers", but quote the propaganda that religious zealots often use to claim their "rights" as superior to the "rights" of all others. Jefferson didn't draft the Declaration of Independence although he probably helped edit it. He left dozens of letters in which he revealed his opinion that religions, the delusion of a "God", and other prattling of religious sorts, were borderlines of insanity and needed to be kept far away from the governance of civil authority.

The Constitution clearly forbids Government from sponsoring or
    encouraging any religion or the practice of any religion. Knowing that the dozens of "Gods" out there and the hundreds of sects and bands of "believers" would never cease to cause troubles and conflicts with their endless arguments about whose "God" was the right one and best, the First Amendment provides that all of them can do whatever they want so long as they keep their nonsense away from the civil governance. That is the position that the ACLU defends, to keep the zealots away from the halls of Government and preserve the rights of all to do with their delusions as they see fit.

I don't seek to defend all of the positions that ACLU has undertaken in it's history. But, without it, ...

I don't seek to defend all of the positions that ACLU has undertaken in it's history. But, without it, we probably would all be living under the rules made by the Catholic Church, the Dallas Theological Seminary or in a state of fear of the Police. They once provided me with a brief and defended a matter in which the State of California sought to impose a terribly punitive penalty in favor of police errors and brutality. The wise Judge said "Legislature sometimes has head stuck in a dark place, and this is the result. Case dismissed"
  • Arizona... A Found... 2012/06/19 04:42:45
    Arizona1950
    You I fear have little understanding of the founding principles and the constitution ... You are twisting truth for what reason?

Thomas Jefferson stated in the very first sentence of the Declaration of Independence that America is entiled to exist as a power on earth because of the "Laws of Nature and of Nature's God."

John Quincy Adams, the 6th president of the US, later explained, "The laws of nature and nature's God ... of course presupposes the existence of God, the moral ruler of the universe, and a rule of right and wrong, of just and unjust, binding upon man, preceding all institutions of human society of government." Jefferson and John Quincy Adams agreed the God's law formed the bases for America's law and government.

The ACLU has no hesitation suing over something even if it just looks "religous" by its shape.
  • A Found... Arizona... 2012/06/19 22:19:07
    A Founding Father
    The First Amendment gives you the privilege of believing any delusion or head voice you choose, more than one if that is to your liking. So, I commend you to your "beliefs" even if not well founded or defensible.
  • Arizona... A Found... 2012/06/20 03:27:24
    Arizona1950
    Good thing our founder's didn't believe as you or we would never have a 1st Amendment to which we are to adhere.
  • lonewolf 2012/06/16 21:38:05
    Ron Paul! Ron Paul! Ron Paul!
    lonewolf
    +5
    the right choice the only choice
  • Manuel 2012/06/16 20:11:34
    Hmmm ...
    Manuel
    +1
    America is free now...Ron Paul's version of freedom would be for whites only...and that's not including Liberal whites...
    Ron Paul with racist Don  Black
  • Arizona... Manuel 2012/06/16 20:14:51
    Arizona1950
    +4
    Get a clue ... really.

Ron Paul is a sound constitutionalist and you might try reading up on it sometime.

http://www.sodahead.com/livin...
  • Manuel Arizona... 2012/06/17 01:26:05
    Manuel
    +1
    Ron Paul has a history with neo Nazis' and you might try reading up on it sometime.
  • JERSEYDUDE Manuel 2012/06/16 21:02:05
    JERSEYDUDE
    +6
    the man who denied government funds and instead gave FREE healthcare

ron paul doctor
  • Manuel JERSEYDUDE 2012/06/17 01:26:49
  • JERSEYDUDE Manuel 2012/06/17 04:20:02
    JERSEYDUDE
    +3
    yeah thats a good symbol for you Mr Clueless
  • Manuel JERSEYDUDE 2012/06/17 23:07:57
    Manuel
    I just can't see how see see that being racist...when we all know both Paul's are racists...
  • JERSEYDUDE Manuel 2012/06/18 00:14:59
    JERSEYDUDE
    +1
    what??? make some fkin sense bro
  • Manuel JERSEYDUDE 2012/06/18 00:53:57
    Manuel
    what would you want me to say?
  • Arizona... Manuel 2012/06/18 01:27:21
    Arizona1950
    No we don't but you seem to think keeping that lie alive is important. Scared?
  • Manuel Arizona... 2012/06/23 00:09:22
    Manuel
    Arizona is a racist State. Yea Go Ron Paul....lol
  • rdmatheny Manuel 2012/06/16 21:25:28
    rdmatheny
    +3
    LOL. People ask to be photographed with politicians all the time. Do you think Obama and this guy are in cohoots together?
    vote ron paul obama
  • A Found... rdmatheny 2012/06/16 23:17:52
    A Founding Father
    Pretty obvious a photo chop creation. Why waste time with such BS?
  • rdmatheny A Found... 2012/06/16 23:47:41
    rdmatheny
    +2
    It was not photoshopped. The guy in the photo posted in a forum he was going to do it before he did it and posted the photo afterwards.
  • Manuel rdmatheny 2012/06/17 01:28:13
    Manuel
    no...but Ron is in cahoots with Don Black...
  • Manuel rdmatheny 2012/06/18 00:53:22
    Manuel
    nice paste....job...
  • Steve ☮... Manuel 2012/06/16 21:40:23
    Steve ☮ R ☮ P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +6
    I have a picture exactly like this from a rally Ron held prior to the 2008 election. He was courteous and took pictures with everyone who wanted one. he didn't know me from Adam, so to insinuate that he's a racist because he took a picture with 2 people you ALLEDGE are racists is pathetic.

2014/09/17 17:44:15