For all of you who are confused about the 5 state mininumim rule for republican nomination.......here are the facts.

Teri- Oregon 2012/04/17 07:13:26
This was posted by a fellow sodahead whom is confused, but I thank him for posting the link he did because he helped me find the facts about the 5 state rule that everyone seems to be so confused about.

"Doesn't matter. Hasn't won a primary, needs 5 wins to allow anyone to
vote for him. Under Republican party rules, he is irrelevant.
"
http://www.newsmax.com/Politi... "

This is from the same source that our friend quoted above:

"Each candidate for nomination for president of the United States and
vice president of the United States shall demonstrate the support of a
plurality of the delegates from each of five or more states, severally,
prior to the presentation of the name of that candidate for nomination.”

Ron Paul must take the majority of delegates from five states

He has won the majority in:
Missouri winning 147 state delegates

Colorado winning 12 delegates and 13 alternate delegates which exceeds Romney's 16 delegates

Minnesota winning nine of nine delegates

Two more states and he will be eligible for the nomination. Lets face it, Most of Santorum supporters will either go for Gingrich or Paul because they are Catholic Christians and believe that Mormon's are a cult and not part of Christianity so those delegates will also go to one of those two gentlemen, the race is not over and Romney still doesn't have a guaranteed win.

• CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/18 23:17:23
    I don't care what facts you throw at me, Paul has no chance
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    I can't believe you guys. Does Paul have to crash into the side of a mountain and explode in a fireball before you concede defeat? Get real people. It's over. Move on and help us get rid of Obama.
  • Bob DiN 2012/04/18 04:51:48
    Bob DiN
    +1
    Paul is toast, he'll never get the nod at Tampa.
  • Boblawbla 2012/04/17 22:04:27
    OMG, you are right, Paul does stand a chance
    Boblawbla
    +2
    Yeah, the five state rule was just another insurance for the party leaders to have more say over the nomination. But we have the ground swell and the tireless delegates to make the party work harder to steal the nomination and even harder to erase Ron Paul from the minds of the people. If they succeed in stopping Ron Paul, the revolution may take to the streets. One way or the other, there's A REVOLUTION GOIN' ON!!!
  • Ron in Oregon 2012/04/17 21:45:51
    Ron in Oregon
    +2
    He might have a chance but i also have a chance at winning the lottery.
    I just wish he had a better Foreign policy.
  • Teri- O... Ron in ... 2012/04/18 01:06:51
    Teri- Oregon
    unfortunitly, his foriegn policy doesn't go far enough. I don't think we need to be telling any country how they should conduct themselves espeicialy when we seem to be doing such a great job. (ha ha ha). Isereal themselves have told us to back off and get off their ass, but we don't listen because we think we are f*cking perfect. We need to get our troops out of other country's and back home, and we need to get the UN out of our buisness.
  • burnz777 2012/04/17 21:27:14
    burnz777
    +4
    Fortunately there is the internet where MSM can't shut us all up.
  • AbadPerez 2012/04/17 19:14:27
    AbadPerez
    +3
    If he won that would be so cool. For once someone who stands for what he believes could become president!
  • holly go lightly 2012/04/17 15:45:17
    holly go lightly
    +5
    Exciting!
  • rdmatheny 2012/04/17 15:26:01
    rdmatheny
    +5
    I think it's a safe bet to say, you can factor in Nevada and Iowa as possible two.
  • Arizona1950 2012/04/17 14:01:55
    Arizona1950
  • U-Dog 2012/04/17 13:51:06
    U-Dog
    +4
    I have my fingers crossed and will stay optimistic but as I have said from the start Ron Paul real stated campaign goal was to plant the seeds of Jeffersonian liberty into the minds of millions of young Americans and he has already succeeded brilliantly and way beyond his own wildest expectations.

Regardless of the outcome of this year elections both of the entrenched status-quo crony party's felt a shot across their bows and they will continue to have major fights on their hands. And personally, I would not be at all shocked to see the old stale dying social militant republican party totally retaken from the ground up by more traditionally peaceful and libertarian/conservative, classical liberal minded individuals within the next ten years.

The republican party has abandoned and betrayed its posts as liberties guardian, they still parrot the ideas of economic liberty when it is convenient to them but they have sold out and become just about as useless as the economy destroying social welfare left is today. All they do is grow more government, tinker and make excuses as they bargain away our individual freedoms to keep their own precious corporate/military welfare/warfare cash cow alive.

As the statists top down plans continue to fail and as the economy crumbles the people...

As the statists top down plans continue to fail and as the economy crumbles the people are slowly beginning to awaken and I simply do not believe the leviathan state can stop it. There are still many dangers and pitfalls ahead to be sure, who knows what crisis or distraction desperate crooks might try to create but I do not believe that Obama and the lefts wet dreams of an army of young idiot Maoists rising to attack businesses, cause havoc and tear down this country will ever come true. And I do not believe that most of our institutions are as yet so compromised and corrupted that they will turn on the people when they finally see the writing on the wall.

Time will tell as always but as tough as things look now I do still have hope and a very good feeling about the response to Ron Paul's message in this country. I do not believe that the founders torch of reason, light and liberty is as dead or dying as its treacherous collectivists enemies hoped it was.

ron paul jefferson
  • S and S 2012/04/17 12:52:20
  • Teri- O... S and S 2012/04/18 01:09:44
    Teri- Oregon
    I was becoming increasingly upset because I kept getting people who kept telling me that it was a 5 state rule caucus or straw poll win.
  • S and S Teri- O... 2012/04/18 14:49:58
  • redneck 2012/04/17 08:18:01
    redneck
    +1
    Newt needs to drop out,thought he was bankrupt ?
  • Teri- O... redneck 2012/04/17 09:48:10
    Teri- Oregon
    +5
    No he needs to stay in, the chances are higher for a brokerard conviction if he stays in, and that's what we need because the second round of votes clears up the bound delagates so they can vote for Ron
  • redneck Teri- O... 2012/04/17 23:58:26
    redneck
    +1
    Ok !!!
  • Teri- O... redneck 2012/04/18 01:09:57
    Teri- Oregon
    :)
  • CMackle... Teri- O... 2012/04/18 23:20:58
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    I hate to burst your bubble but the only thing that's going to be brokered at the convention is cabinet positions under the Romney Presidency.

2014/07/28 18:27:26