Food Stamps: No More Soda or Candy Bars for Florida Recipients.

Leasheryn/Lady Willpower 2012/01/27 01:27:19

Read More: http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/retail/senat...

• SK-pro impeachment 2012/01/27 01:44:38
    SK-pro impeachment
    +20
    That's great. And look at the democrat hypocrisy at the end:

''Sen. Audrey Gibson, D-Jacksonville, also took issue with the bill and voted against it.

She said taxpayers could have all kinds of problems with the items people put in their carts, whether that be candy or a T-bone steak. But it's not up to the public to decide, she said.

"I hope we will stop trying to tell poor people every day what they should do in their lives and help them to make better choices … not by being their parent, but by being their helper," she said.''

When in fact they are all about controlling the poor and telling ppl how to live. And isn't she going against the very nutritional crap that Moochelle is propagandizing. No wonder dems don't get anything done, they not only work against republicans they work against themselves. Morons!

• momma-on-the-hit-list 2012/02/09 17:02:03
    momma-on-the-hit-list
    +1
    The casinos and strip club is a no brainer, that's how they rally the masses, but the first time you say "poor" people can't buy soda ( which I do not allow in my house) or candy bars, you do realize you are being a Nazi right? This is how it is done, little at a time till the masses are "shaped" social engineering at it's finest. Who needs the media, us stupid folks fall for it every time. "free health care" "guns are bad" " US citizens are potential terrorists" Does anyone see the game plays anymore?
  • C. C. Rider 2012/02/06 17:57:37
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2012/02/01 02:33:51
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    Government control gone wild!
  • Civic Minded 2012/01/31 05:21:57
    Civic Minded
    +2
    Maybe dental concerns will be less.
  • Leasher... Civic M... 2012/02/01 01:55:43
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    Same with diabetes and obesity.
  • Charles E 2012/01/30 02:27:36
    Charles E
    +4
    What a conflict that must be for a true liberal. On one hand, they want to control every aspect of everyone's life, including what they eat. on the other hand they want freeloaders to be able to demand taxpayer money for anything they want.
  • Leasher... Charles E 2012/01/31 01:51:58
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +3
    I know. It's a Catch-22 from the liberal stand point.
  • sbtbill Charles E 2012/02/01 00:02:59
    sbtbill
    As a leftist I really don't want to control anyone. It's to much work in the first place.
  • Charles E sbtbill 2012/02/01 19:16:42
    Charles E
    Too bad more from the left and far right don't share your attitude.
    Have a happy week.
  • hisomouth 2012/01/29 19:14:37
    hisomouth
    +3
    When the state is picking up the check it does have a say in what is brought.
    In th fifies chesse, powered milk, butter,powered eggs,lard,flour, oatmeal, grits,and some money to buy fresh bread and vegetables and some can goods.
    Sure made you want to get off it and to plant vegetables and maybe raise so chickens!
  • Leasher... hisomouth 2012/01/30 02:01:04
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    That's the way it should be. There's no reason why they have to have extras. Give them the basics and nothing more.
  • Kern hisomouth 2012/01/31 19:07:24
    Kern
    +1
    You are allowed to buy seeds to grow your own food with food stamps.
  • sbtbill Kern 2012/02/01 00:03:15
  • Michaelene hisomouth 2012/02/02 14:55:02
    Michaelene
    You are correct, the SNAP program offers a course in SNAP gardening, yet there are very few takers. This program would allow a family to grow their own food and even to grow enough for sale.
  • hisomouth Michaelene 2012/02/02 19:24:50
    hisomouth
    +1
    when I was a child in KY would go to Southern KY and find gardens. After the new food stamp program you would be hard pressed to find a bushel of beans. You learn a lot by riding in a car.
  • dogs voice 2012/01/29 18:24:41
    dogs voice
    +3
    Bout time! I hear they are to start drug testing Entitlement recipients to include unemployment, welfare and food stamps. Why not? Those with jobs have to pass a drug test anymore. Those sitting on their asses that can work but choose not to should have no problem with getting their checks pending a little test. Now if we can get the remaining 49 states to follow suit.
  • Grammar... dogs voice 2012/01/29 19:36:23
    Grammar Freak
    +2
    The minute they start to make receiving welfare dependent upon whether or not the recipient uses drugs, is the minute crime skyrockets.
  • Charles E Grammar... 2012/01/30 02:30:41
    Charles E
    +1
    Interesting opinion. Do you have any logical arguments to support it?
  • Grammar... Charles E 2012/01/30 10:35:58
    Grammar Freak
    +1
    Providing minimal support to drug addicts, helps to keep them from being desperate. If the drug addict does not have to steal to survive, can sleep indoors, he/she is far less likely to turn to crime to survive. Yes, it's true that many drug addicts would use their provisions from the state to satisfy their addiction, however that is still better than breaking into someone's home or mugging someone on the street in order to do it.
    Drug addicts are not typically interested in committing crimes. But they will in order to satisfy their addiction.
  • Charles E Grammar... 2012/01/30 23:49:43
    Charles E
    +1
    Not sure how much I agree with you, but you did provide the requisted logical argument. I will take it under consideeration.
  • Grammar... Charles E 2012/01/31 00:02:44 (edited)
    Grammar Freak
    I have experienced society where a subsistence level is supported by tax payers & drug use/abuse is not vilified & it helps keep crime down. I don't mind paying a little extra in taxes to keep crime down. The majority of crime here is non-violent.

Just my opinion from my experience.
  • Charles E Grammar... 2012/02/01 19:19:37
    Charles E
    Different cultures and attitudes produce different outcomes and observations.

I am glad it works for you. Thank you for sharing.
  • Grammar... Charles E 2012/02/01 23:21:12
    Grammar Freak
    +1
    You're welcome.

However, I feel I should add that anyone with their eyes open can see that the current system in the US does not work. It needs to end for a myriad of reasons... financial costs, costs in human lives, etc.

Ron Paul 2012
  • sbtbill Charles E 2012/02/01 00:04:28
    sbtbill
    Remember Prohibition?
  • Charles E sbtbill 2012/02/01 19:30:06
    Charles E
    Prohibition was banning a widely used product.

This post is about whether taxpayers should subsidize use of illegal products.
  • sbtbill Charles E 2012/02/01 23:42:03
    sbtbill
    But, what I responded was your request for evidence about a logical reason to not do the tests. My point is that you will generate a group of labs that cheat and other criminal ways to beat the test.
  • Leasher... dogs voice 2012/01/30 02:02:30
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +3
    Not only should they be drug tested but they should also be fixed. No more lying on their backs, producing a mutlitude of babies from a multitude of baby daddies. Same goes for the men: snip snip snip.
  • dogs voice Leasher... 2012/01/30 19:48:28
    dogs voice
    +1
    Agree, Agree, Agree! If ya can't afford them on your own then yo should not have them! Why should society have to raise YOUR kids because YOU can't afford them? Stop having them! Responsibility starts at home.
  • sbtbill dogs voice 2012/02/01 00:05:44
    sbtbill
    Let's start with dogs voice and leasher...
  • dogs voice sbtbill 2012/02/02 20:47:07
    dogs voice
    Ya got a problem with our opinion old man? Personally, I'll bet you are one of those on some sort of public assistance and are part of the problem rather than coming up with a solution. At least we have. Too bad you don't like it as you won't be around long enough at your age to see it come to fruition. Obamacare will take care of the likes of you if it continues.
  • Lanikai Leasher... 2012/01/31 21:15:08
    +1
    That brings THIS lovely story to mind-JUST so we can ALL have a blood boiling afternoon, mad as heck about THIS prolific breeder all of whose children are living on the system as are the baby mommas. Just think, free housing, free electric, free cable, free cell phone, free food, free medical>

• Michaelene Lanikai 2012/02/02 14:59:29
    Michaelene
    +1
    This is a disgrace! I just read that over 40% of all new borns do not have a father listed. This allows the govt to provide for the woman and child and even for the fathers who are not held responsible for their children.
  • Lanikai Michaelene 2012/02/03 04:21:54
    +1
    Yep, and remember, that is cradle to grave care thru the FED, PLUS, they work the charities for more freebies especially at Christmas. leeches.
  • Michaelene Lanikai 2012/02/05 18:05:56
    Michaelene
    +1
    I have seen a few people using their EBT cards at party supply stores buying cases of junk food, hundreds of dollars worth. Then it hit me, these items were for resale!
  • Lanikai Michaelene 2012/02/06 00:05:24
    +1
    Yep, lots of that going on, same with all of the snacks for super bowl and other things-they go to bars the owners own, and triple or quadruple their money on them, especially shot houses.
  • Michaelene Lanikai 2012/02/06 16:40:12
    Michaelene
    +1
    Yes, it's just another example of the widespread systemic fraud being perpetrated against the American taxpayer. I couldn't believe that store owners are receiving food assistance to stock their shelves.
  • Robbb 2012/01/29 11:55:01
    Robbb
    These moronic politicians should look after the ecomomy rather then try to make a name for them selves by going for those that cant defend themselves. it would make no diference to the output of funds after all.
  • Leasher... Robbb 2012/01/30 02:03:57
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +3
    It would help the economy a great deal if they forced the lazies off welfare and food stamps. It would mean less taxes and more money in the pocket of hard working Americans.
  • Robbb Leasher... 2012/01/30 07:06:35
    Robbb
    That is not what you are talking about here you are talking about only being able to get what is aproved by certain people. Besides if you rescinded welfare I think you would find a lot more unhapy and uneployed people then youhave alreeady. Not all unemployed people are there because they want to be.
  • SetElSetat 2012/01/29 06:36:31
    SetElSetat
    I agree no soda bcz it hurts liver but I disagree to no candy! I love candy!

2014/09/16 11:35:19