Food Shortages....Will we experience them? Should we be focusing on how we will feed the nation?

justonemom 2009/03/06 16:02:44
No, Obama will feed us!
I've been buying extra to save!
Yes, we are in danger of going hungry.
Help, I don't know what to think!
THE ZANETTI REPORT 27 Feb 2009
-KOB news - kob.com

If you are wondering why your grocery bill keeps creeping, the
answer may have to do more with the weather than anything else.
You see, drought conditions are now plaguing the globe.

China is experiencing its worst drought in 50 years and is stockpiling
food, because the government knows it has to feed 20 percent of
the world’s populations with only 10 percent of the world’s arable land.

In Australia things haven't been this bad in 117 years, as rainfall
has been below normal since 2002.

In Africa, water scarcity has depleted soil moisture to the point
that the continent has lost the nutrients needed to grow plants in
half of its agricultural soil.

In South America, Argentina has not had significant rainfall since
November. Brazil’s corn harvest is down 15.5 percent and Uruguay
has declared an agricultural emergency. In short, it’s getting ugly.

Marla: What about here in the US?

Greg: It’s a mixed bag. Drought is spreading through California,
Washington, Montana, and Minnesota. Fifteen percent of Texas
is in extreme drought, and the Carolinas and Georgia need rain
desperately. The midwest is doing OK though. And while no one
thinks that we’re on the verge of mass starvation, depending on
how severe this drought is, we could see crop yields world wide
fall 20 percent this year.

Marla: So, we will see prices rise.

Greg: Probably, and here is another reason why. Governments
know that when people get hungry, they often times get violent.
You might remember the food riots in Mexico last year. So it’s
not just China that is stockpiling food... of course hoarding takes
more food off the open market, which pushes prices up.

Marla: And didn’t I read that the credit crunch is hurting farmers as well?

Greg: Great point. Last year, a lack of credit impinged on farmers’
ability to obtain seeds, equipment, and fertilizer. So you’re already
hearing people say if another stimulus package is considered later
this year, it should, at a minimum, target food production....

PLEASE VISIT These 2 LINKS ALSO - Very IMPORTANT-

http://www.marketskeptics.com/2009/02/2009-global-food-catast...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/gallery/2009/feb/05/glo...

• adrianblkbear 2012/02/14 01:55:28
    adrianblkbear
    +1
    I know how to grow food and live not survive so let famine come with an EM pulse to wipe out electricity. SCA will survive.
  • HilaryPocket 2011/03/15 22:02:55
    I've been buying extra to save!
    HilaryPocket
    +1
    I definitely don't think Obama would step up and feed us. He isn't focusing on that sort of thing. I think it's up to all of us individually to have our own emergency preparedness food storage ready to go. I think that's really going to be our only option if a disaster strikes.
  • Clintdaddiac 2009/03/16 02:21:38
    Yes, we are in danger of going hungry.
    Clintdaddiac
    +1
    Too many people have been going without food lately... it's very sad. I hope Obama will send out more food stamps.
  • Dan 2009/03/12 21:30:41
    Yes, we are in danger of going hungry.
    Dan
    +1
    Let's see.
    The Democrats will not allow us to drill for 84% of our own oil and shale or mine for our own coal, because of "global warming" fairy tale. They won't allow us to build new, safe nuclear reactors because of a retarded Jane Fonda movie back in the 1970s. But, the water-heads waste billions of tons of corn EVERY year, to create ethanol (a non-efficient "alternative" fuel source). People and animals could be eating that corn (used in ALL food products), but NO! The damned Democrats want to use food for fuel, instead of using fuel for fuel!!!
    Will we go hungry? Well, the parasitic socialists who vote for Obama will always have their welfare and food stamps. As for the rest of us, we have to work for a living!!!
  • justonemom Dan 2009/03/12 23:01:12
    justonemom
    It's a mad, mad, mad, mad, world!
  • Clintda... Dan 2009/03/16 02:48:14
    Clintdaddiac
    +1
    For not wanting to build more nuclear reactors:
    One word: Chernobyl.
    The nuclear meltdown at Chernobyl caused a quarter of a million cancer cases and nearly 100,000 fatal cancers.
    During the last 15 years, 60,000 people have additionally died in Russia because of the Chernobyl accident, and estimates of the total death toll for the Ukraine and Belarus could reach another 140,000.

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/brg...

There's some other pictures that are really, really horrible... I'm not gonna put them on here, but you get the idea.

"Waste billions of tons of corn EVERY year, to create ethanol (a non-efficient "alternative" fuel source)"

Because of the increase of the production of ethanol, my father; a farmer; can sell corn at a much higher price. Our family doesn't have to receive food stamps anymore. It's abundant, clean, and renewable; and cheaper than gasoline.

Ok, I don't care if you think global warming is a hoax or not; but you gotta realize pollution is destroying the environment.

That looks clean, eh?

http://planetsave.com/files/2...
    You probably know what smog is. This is what happens when an area is too polluted. People can't even go outside of their houses because the smog cuts off oxygen.
    Here's some smog in Mexico City.

"the parasitic socialists who vote for Obama will always ..."

'
    '
    '

''''
    One word: Chernobyl.
    chernobyl accident estimates total death toll ukraine belarus reach 140000
    https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/brg...
    total death toll ukraine belarus reach 140000 httpsnetfiles uiuc edubrg

gasoline care global warming hoax gotta realize pollution destroying environment
    That looks clean, eh?

http://planetsave.com/files/2...
    Here's some smog in Mexico City.
    smog polluted people houses smog cuts oxygen smog mexico city

"the parasitic socialists who vote for Obama will always have their welfare and food stamps. As for the rest of us, we have to work for a living!!!"

That is beyond insulting to my family and millions of working families in America. My father works hard everyday farming. He labors and toils over his work, with one leg! My mother works 40 hours a week as clinic secretary.
    We work hard, very hard. Yet, we still struggle affording basic necessities.

Do you want the poor to die, to starve? They work hard, they bend over backwards to make the stuff you EAT, LIVE, SHIT IN, PLAY WITH, DRIVE WITH, SLEEP IN... and the least you can do is fuck them over and let them go without food?
    That's called Stalinism.
    You work the shit out of them, you don't let them have anything that they toiled over, you consume it, you destroy it...
    What kind of country would allow it's own people to starve?
    Not one I would want to live in.
    That's called the Soviet Union. That's called Africa. That's called China. That's called Latin America.
    Not the United States.
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2009/03/07 00:11:55
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +1
    I guess I'll have to steal to survive!
  • justonemom Isma'il... 2009/03/07 00:31:15
    justonemom
    +1
    I once read the testimony of a young mother who had been raised in poverty. She claimed to have lived her entire young life on a diet of cornbread and kale. Some beans and milk. Although kind of boring...she claimed to have never been ill or have any health issues. Kale is also very hardy and easy to grow.
  • TexasLady 2009/03/06 23:59:01
    I've been buying extra to save!
    TexasLady
    +2
    My husband built me another cubboard to store extra can goods ,paper towels ,beans ,rice ,powdered milk ,etc.Food that will keep for a while. Each trip to the grocery store shows items really increasing in price.
  • justonemom TexasLady 2009/03/07 00:32:22
    justonemom
    +1
    I need to stock up on wheat berries. I've read you could live for a long time on wheat berries and powdered milk. I don't want to find out though....
  • snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cl... 2009/03/06 18:34:28
    I've been buying extra to save!
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +2
    Regardless of how soon you may need them - always have a 'stock' of non perishables with long shelf life and rotate to keep current. Freeze dried veggies in can form - good shelf life. If you have limited shelving space write to: FoodReserves.com and buy these tablets which are a complete meal in tablet form....delicious! Evolved from an early space program with a 10+ shelf life.
  • justonemom snell/G... 2009/03/06 18:40:46
  • hook 2009/03/06 18:18:53
    hook
    +4
    will work for ammo
  • justonemom hook 2009/03/06 18:23:33
    justonemom
    lol
  • jacalera ~Can You Say Lipton?~ 2009/03/06 17:47:01
    jacalera ~Can You Say Lipton?~
    +2
    We hunt, we eat, simple as that. Will be interesting to see how the PETA and HSUS folks fare though, they will be the first to either a) starve or b) rethink their position and drool for some tasty meat.
  • justonemom jacaler... 2009/03/06 17:57:52
    justonemom
    +1
    yea, right...they'll eat meat for sure then....we can have a good laugh! yea eat meat laugh
  • Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist 2009/03/06 16:10:37
    Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist
    +3
    As long as there are critters running around, my family will not starve. Don't depend on the government to make sure you have food. Be thinking about how YOU are going to feed your family.
  • justonemom Ravenho... 2009/03/06 16:15:50
    justonemom
    +2
    We just gave all of our kids survival books for Christmas. We've had a great time reading through all of them. When it comes down to it, I doubt we'll enjoy it very much.
  • Ravenho... justonemom 2009/03/06 17:15:41
    Ravenhon - Patriotic Atheist
    +3
    True that!! That said, people who depend on the infrastructure to get fed will likely starve if there ever is an economic collapse.

2014/12/22 11:43:49