Folsom, CA To Start Charging $225 For Emergency Medical Calls

Quietman ~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/11 22:59:21

Starting Monday, on top of the taxes that people pay each year for service, the new fees charged to people who call 911 for medical help will go into effect to cover the costs of gas, supplies, and paramedic personnel. Folsom estimates $225 per call whether a patient goes to the hospital or not.

Read More: http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2012/07/10/folsom-t...

• Cal 2012/07/12 00:00:02
    Cal
    Good call. Ambulance services should be a flat rate and should apply to all situations.

Why do I say this? 7 years in EMS folks. I have had people use us a taxi for the longest time. Have a cold, don't want to drive, 911. NO! This is why 911 is broken. This is why 911 is depreciated and not up to standard.People abuse our services.

This is the way the entire nation needs to go. ESPECIALLY as a large portion of EMS is still run by VOLUNTEERS. I have been paid in the past, but now that I'm in the Air Force I maintain my certification as a volunteer - I get nothing for helping anyone...but I still do it.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/11 23:33:32
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Welcome to the future as more and more of them go broke.
  • kevracer 2012/07/11 23:04:02
    kevracer
    +1
    Folsom is not the first city to charge a fee for medical aid. Sacramento Metro Fire already charges $275 for medical aid and Sacramento Fire has a smaller fee of $96 if the patient does not go to the hospital.

"Will that be debit or credit?"

emt
    +3
    There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

People are finding that out.

2014/10/25 03:49:58