FL Prosecutor Corey charges Zimmerman with 2nd Degree Murder

snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques 2012/04/12 03:08:48

Was Imminent Race War about to ignite America the catalyst leading to a plea deal worked out between Zimmerman and FL authorities - Arrest NOW, work out the details later to prevent Civil Riots?

Florida state prosecutor Angela Corey has charged George Zimmerman with second degree murder in the shooting of Trayvon Martin, the Associated Press is reporting. He is already in custody.

It has been over 40 days since Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon inside a Sanford, FL gated community.

Zimmerman has been missing since the night
of the shooting and the case has subsequently become worldwide news,
prompting activists, celebrities and even President Obama to speak out.

Yesterday Zimmerman’s lawyers withdrew from the case, citing their inability to contact Zimmerman.

Lawyers Craig Sonner and Hal Uhrig
expressed concern in a news conference about Zimmerman’s emotional and
physical well being, claiming he has taken actions without consulting
them.

On George's current whereabouts, a law enforcement official told the AP:

He's in custody in Florida but
wouldn't say where. According to reports Zimmerman voluntarily
surrendered himself to authorities, he has new council and he was out of
the state of Fl.

Zimmerman's new lawyer Mark O'Mara told CNN that his client turned himself into police.

Special prosecutor Angela Corey holds a
live news conference to announce that George Zimmerman will be charged
with second-degree murder in the Trayvon Martin shooting case.

Trayvon was shot and killed by Zimmerman on February 26th inside a Sanford, FL gated community.

Question Closed

• stevmackey 2012/04/19 03:54:24
    stevmackey
    +1
    I do not think that he can get a fair trial.
  • jeane 2012/04/15 19:11:08
    jeane
    +2
    This from Trayvon's Mom -

By NBC News and msnbc.com staff
    Updated at 1:15 p.m. ET: Trayvon Martin's mother retracted her comments that she believes her son's fatal shooting by George Zimmerman was an accident, telling MSNBC-TV on Thursday afternoon that she actually believes "George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood."
    In an interview Thursday morning on NBC's TODAY show, Sybrina Fulton had said: "I believe it was an accident. I believe that it just got out of control and he couldn't turn the clock back."
    After Fulton's remarks drew widespread media attention, Ryan Julison, a spokesman for the Martin family, emailed a statement to MSNBC TV saying her comments had been "mischaracterized."
    Advertise | AdChoices

"When I referenced the word 'accident' today with regard to Trayvon's death, in NO way did I mean the shooting was an accident," Fulton said.
    "My son was profiled, followed and murdered by George Zimmerman, and there was nothing accidental about that," she said, clarifying that the "accident" was that Martin and Zimmerman ever crossed paths.
    Here's the full statement:
    Earlier today, I made a comment to the media that was later mischaracterized. When I referenced the word 'accident' today with regard to Trayvon's death, in NO way did I mean the s...

This from Trayvon's Mom -

By NBC News and msnbc.com staff
    Advertise | AdChoices

Here's the full statement:
    Earlier today, I made a comment to the media that was later mischaracterized. When I referenced the word 'accident' today with regard to Trayvon's death, in NO way did I mean the shooting was an accident.
    We believe that George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood. The 'accident' I was referring to was the fact that George Zimmerman and my son ever crossed paths. It was an accidental encounter. If George Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of his vehicle, this entire incident would have been avoided.
    My son was profiled, followed and murdered by George Zimmerman, and there was nothing accidental about that.
  • truthman jeane 2012/06/10 19:13:53
    truthman
    +1
    Please Miss Martin, show the pictures of your son at the age he was at the time of death. Stop showing pictures of him when he was a mere boy of 13. When i was 17 i could grow a full beard and was much bigger than i was at 13.. A male at the age of 17 is much different than a male at 13.
  • srini 2012/04/12 23:44:00
    srini
    +4
    Similar in a way to the 1998 Helen Cummings case (which also happened in FL, and involved a black male getting shot dead by a foreign non-black).

Both Tyler Cummings and Trayvon Martin were unquestionably in wrong--and, like the English-born Helen, Zimmerman should be acquitted!
  • CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/12 23:25:16
    CMackley ~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    The cowards caved into pressure. If he was going to be charged with anything, it should have been manslaughter.
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/04/12 22:26:24
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +4
    Either one of two things will happen.

1. He will not be convicted in a trail because 2nd murder is very hard to assert, the details include mental instability or a racial bias, neither of which he has (he actually does work on behalf of a homeless Black man who was beaten almost to death).
    2. He will be granted a mistrial (actually several) due to the obscene amount of press against him from a list of Black racist leaders too long to list but including the racist in chief.

He will be exonerated.
  • Rebel [SHP] 2012/04/12 22:24:48
    Rebel [SHP]
    +6
    I think a bigger issue is how a fair trial will be carried out. Good luck finding a jury that is unbiased. One juror who hides his intentions, and votes in ignorance, could send this case into a mistrial easily.
  • ScottyG... Rebel [... 2012/04/12 22:27:15
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +3
    I say several mistrials and also 2nd is tough to prove in FL.
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/04/12 21:48:37
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +3
    No I don't think so as Zimmerman stated he shot him.
  • snell/G... Charu ∞... 2012/04/13 00:34:57
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +3
    yes but in what manner? outright manslaughter or self-defense??? That is why we need a trial.
  • Charu ∞... snell/G... 2012/04/13 02:17:17
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +3
    True and he will have one. It is a shame that this has been blown all out of proportion.
  • Brian T... snell/G... 2012/04/13 08:48:36
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +2
    A judge could rule on the self defense matter, and that would be the end of the case.
    A trial is not necessary for justice, the judicial system can make a ruling on the preponderance of the evidence. The politicized nature of this case may indeed force a trial, but the second-degree murder charge is going to have to pass a sniff test by a judge. Charges could be dropped, and new ones refiled, and on and on. The trial will be much the same, as a whole jury is going to have to agree with the prosecution that Zimmerman murdered Martin. I can not see 12 people all agreeing to that, so mistrial, after mistrail.
  • snell/G... Brian T... 2012/04/13 21:14:04
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +2
    i was gonna add that to my comment above - but oh well.
  • Brian T... snell/G... 2012/04/14 04:29:08
    Brian Tristan MacQuillan
    +1
    Feel free to do so.
    The more the merrier.
  • dispatcher 2012/04/12 21:12:54
  • CHUCK 2012/04/12 17:53:25
    CHUCK
    +5
    NOW ALL THE REAL FACTS WILL COME OUT ..NOT JUST THOSE OF THE MEDIA AND BRILLIANT SODA HEADS..
  • snell/G... CHUCK 2012/04/12 19:38:42 (edited)
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +5
    well you know what chuck - that's what SH is all about - sharing what's going on in ppls minds -
  • CHUCK snell/G... 2012/04/13 22:02:06
    CHUCK
    +1
    TRUE,BUT SOME ARE SO OUT TO LUNCH..

PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • snell/G... CHUCK 2012/04/17 16:25:12
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +1
    only to those suffering from blog envy..... blog envy
  • Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥ 2012/04/12 17:24:19
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +6
    I just heard Trayvon's Mother said , it was accident. She doesn't think Zimmerman did it on purpose..... Florida??...Remember they set Casey Anthony free.. Zimmerman will be set free as well....
  • CHUCK Pearlie... 2012/04/12 17:58:11
  • Pearlie... CHUCK 2012/04/12 19:20:54 (edited)
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +5
    OMG that is a good story.. I like the comments below about the TX story too.
  • jeane Pearlie... 2012/04/15 19:09:09 (edited)
    jeane
    +1
    By NBC News and msnbc.com staff
    Here's the full statement:
    We believe that George Zimmerman st...
    By NBC News and msnbc.com staff
    Here's the full statement:
  • Pearlie... jeane 2012/04/15 23:58:18 (edited)
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    OMG ....Someone must have told her to retract what she said. Probably Al Sharpton.....I didn't know..Thanks for the update. Very interesting...Why did she use the word Accident??
  • jeane Pearlie... 2012/04/16 00:18:18
    jeane
    +1
    Not sure but that says a lot to me.
  • Pearlie... jeane 2012/05/28 05:24:58
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +1
    LOL thanks...I am so behind in my happenings....
    Have a nice Memorial Day with your family...
  • harley oldman 2012/04/12 17:02:39
    harley oldman
    +5
    Race War? I call it Ignorance cleansing...It`s gotta STOP sometimes. Hell why not now.
    With all the stupidy and cowering to special groups. It`s bound to come eventually.
  • Franklin harley ... 2012/04/12 17:46:56
    Franklin
    +8
    United we stand ....thanks to "diversity" and political-correctness we are divided and sure to fall !
  • harley ... Franklin 2012/04/13 16:01:55
    harley oldman
    +3
    You are so right.
  • keeper 2012/04/12 16:56:26
    keeper
    +5
    She had to do something...
  • Franklin keeper 2012/04/12 17:47:47
    Franklin
    +5
    ...yup and she is up for reelection in a district with 2/3 black voters so she had to "punt" - political BS
  • keeper Franklin 2012/04/13 01:35:57
    keeper
    +3
    No kidding... didn't know that...
  • Franklin keeper 2012/04/13 13:35:41
    Franklin
    +3
    its true - Rick Scott picked her because of her district ...I know what he was thinking but its still all about politic's LOL
  • keeper Franklin 2012/04/13 15:58:03
    keeper
    +1
    Here is another tidbit for you... They are not releasing the Autopsy info on Martin!
  • Franklin keeper 2012/04/14 14:38:29
    Franklin
    +3
    I know- I have been wondering from the start where he was hit and only know it was "the chest" this week thanks to the charges filed ...other than that we have no information , its funny what gets "leaked" and what does not by the politically appointed chief of police up there
  • keeper Franklin 2012/04/14 18:49:01
    keeper
    +2
    In a way it may be a good thing for this to go to trial... discovery will require autopsy information... Martin may have been on coke or crack!
  • jr 2012/04/12 16:53:33
    jr
    +5
    I do not believe they find the intent to kill in Zimmermans actions that is required to convict him of the charges
  • Old Timer 2012/04/12 16:50:21
    Old Timer
    +4
    Let me see now. Screaming for help on the unedited 911 tape, broken nose, split open head. Sounds like SD to me. Media Morons who edited the RACIST ANGLE into it, should be on trial for inciting to riot. NBP should be on trial for breaking FEDERAL LAW and posting a BOUNTY.
  • snell/G... Old Timer 2012/04/12 17:05:46 (edited)
    snell/GOD & COUNTRY-zero cliques
    +3
    ....lest we forget grass-stains on the back of Z's coat and head - the broken nose, - sounds like a self-defense epic to me. This case is gonna bust wide-open once it kicks in. Hopefully, justice WILL be served and Z will be found innocent in self-defense. Sure beats vigilante justice.
  • Franklin snell/G... 2012/04/12 17:48:50
    Franklin
    +2
    yes but the bad blood will be there for this election season and that was the point all along wasn't it !

2014/09/19 19:59:06